The Rancher Ch. 04: The Best Laid Plans

Story Info
Jim tries to figure out how to have Casey.
6.2k words
4.67
8k
6
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
nikopheros
nikopheros
1,262 Followers

I woke up at dawn, after a nice long relaxing sleep, and immediately went back to being furious. I still couldn't believe that Derrick had hit Casey, and I knew I had to do something about it. I was well aware of what would happen if I just went and kicked the shit out of him though. Even if his dad wasn't a hot shot lawyer, a cowpoke like me wouldn't get away with beating up a rich city kid. The town was loving all the money they were all bringing in, and I knew Sheriff Farley would have my ass for it. And with Derrick's dad being who he was, I would end up doing hard time. I needed to find some other way to get him back, but I didn't know what that would be.

As I walked downstairs I saw mom bustling around the kitchen, and dad sitting reading his paper. Jenny was also at the table, eating a piece of toast. Dad looked up from the paper as I walked down, and he gave me a rather stern scowl as I walked in.

"What's up your ass," dad asked, and I realized he must have noticed how pissed I still was. Mom turned around, looking alarmed, and then quickly went back to what she had been doing.

"Nothing," I grunted, and grabbed my own piece of toast. I didn't want to deal with my daddy's bullshit right now. My mind was too busy trying to plot my revenge. I took the toast, and headed out to leave early for work. But before I was out the door I saw daddy getting up and following me out.

"Hey," he called after me as I tried to hurry off to my horse. I stopped, and turned to listen, without saying a word.

"What the hell is that look about," he asked me, not unkindly.

"It's nothing," I said, not meeting his eye as he walked up to me.

"Bullshit," he said. "You better not be pissed about what I told you yesterday. And if you are you better get that damned look off your face."

"It's got nothin' to do with you," I said.

"Good," daddy nodded, but I could tell he wasn't going to let me leave without telling him. "Then tell me what's wrong. You look like you're about to go raise hell."

"Well I ain't," I said Impatiently. "I'm going to work, can I leave now?"

"No you can't," he said forcefully. "Now quit playin' games and tell me what's goin' on."

"Nothin'," I tried one last time. The look daddy gave me sent a shover down my spine, and I knew I had to tell him. "Fine," I sighed. "Yesterday I went into town with Casey." For a moment daddy looked like he was about to start yelling, so I quickly went on. "She just needed some help in town. We were at Jasper's. But when we were leaving, we ran into a few of her friends from the city. One of them was a punk named Derrick."

"Uh huh," daddy said, looking like he was still on the verge of hitting me.

"After we left Jasper's I went back to the ranch to finish my work for the day," daddy's face lightened a little a that. "And Casey went off riding on her own for a while. But then when I was leaving, she came riding up, and she was bloodied up, and had a bruise on her cheek. That shitkickin' city fuck hit her." Even daddy looked surprised at that.

"That girl ain't yours Jim," daddy said, much less aggressively than before. "You work for her father."

"So I'm just supposed to let it go," I practically shouted. "He hit her daddy, he hit that beautiful girl in the face."

"Don't be calling her beautiful Jim," daddy's frown was slowly returning. "She ain't yours and she ain't gonna be. As for this city punk, it ain't your business. If he really hit her than she aught to tell Sherriff Farley about it."

"I ain't gonna do nothin' daddy," I said seriously. "And you know what, I don't give a shit if I work for her daddy. She's the prettiest sweetest girl I ever met. I don't mean to ruin nothin', not for you and not for me. But I do want to be with her. I don't care how long it takes or what I have to do. I'd rather have her than ten thousand acres of land."

"Jim, I understand how you feel, but..."

"No daddy, you don't," I cut him off. "What would you do if a city punk hit momma? Or Jenny? And what would you expect me to do? Nothing? Go and tell Sheriff Farley? What kind of man do you think I am?"

"A nineteen-year-old head strong one," daddy sighed. "I do understand what you're feeling son. And I agree with you, that city punk cant just get away with that. But if you go and do what you're thinking about doin' you're going to get yourself in a world of trouble you can't even imagine."

"I ain't gonna beat him up," I said, turning away with the shame of the words. "His daddy is a hot shot lawyer. I know what'll happen if I hit him."

"So what're you gonna do? I can see in your eyes you mean to do something?" Daddy seemed much less angry than he ever had when speaking about Casey.

"I don't know yet, I haven't decided," I said. "I ain't gonna go do nothin' stupid, I promise. But I aint gonna do nothin' neither. That boy needs to pay for what he done."

"Don't be foolish now son," daddy said, and put his hand on my shoulder. It wasn't aggressive, and it even felt nurturing. "Now if what you said about that girl is true, then maybe it aint my place to stop you. But you still have to be smart. You can't just be runnin' off with Howard's daughter. If you really want her, then be patient, and just maybe someday you'll have her. As for the punk, you need to be smart Jim, especially if his father is a lawyer. Those city folk move in ways we just don't understand."

"And we move in ways they don't understand," I said, meeting his eye.

"Jim, I wish you could go handle this the way it aught to be handled, but you can't, and you know it," daddy said seriously. "We'll think of some way to make him pay for what he done. But for now, you go work your land like you're supposed to. And don't be gettin' into no trouble with that girl either. You can like her, and you can look at her, hell, I'd be worried if you weren't doin' that. But right now, you can't have her. You understand that right?"

"I ain't gonna get myself in any trouble, and you neither," I said again. "I'm just goin' off to do my job. But that Derrick needs to pay daddy."

"He will," daddy nodded, and I could tell he really meant it. "But not today, understand?"

"Ya," I said, turning away to leave.

"Promise me Jim," daddy said seriously as I hopped up onto my horse. "Promise me you aint gonna get into no trouble today."

"I promise," I said, knowing full well that I might have just lied to my daddy, which was not a smart thing to do. He gave me a curt nod, and then began walking back to the house. I started riding off toward the Howard ranch. I couldn't believe daddy had actually said that I might get to have Casey someday. He didn't know I already had, and very much planned to continue to. And he certainly didn't know what I had been getting up to with her mother. But that had been a lot better than our conversation the morning before.

I rode over to the ranch before the sun had even crested the mountains. The skyline was an amazing array of oranges and reds that made the mountains and fields look like some kind of fancy painting. I rode past the stables and the corral, and was about to get to work, when I saw Amy walking out the front door. She was walking right at me, and I could tell she was pissed about something.

"Do you know what happened last night?" she said as she strode up to me.

"What do you mean?" I asked.

"I mean my daughter has a black eye and a bruise that covers half her face," Amy said angrily. "Was that you?" I felt a furious string of emotions at that accusation, and had to take a moment to calm myself.

"Mrs. Howard," I said as calmly as I could. "I would cut my own hand off before I ever hit your daughter."

"Then what the hell happened?" she demanded.

"You know a boy named Derrick?" I asked. "A friend of your family."

"Derrick Gaines?" Amy asked, sounding shocked.

"I don't know his last name," I said. "I just know his name is Derrick, and Casey said his father is friends with your husband, he's some big shot lawyer in Chicago."

"What about him?" Amy asked, a strange expression on her face now.

"He hit Casey," I said. "Last night, while I was with you. Casey was out riding and he pulled her off her horse. She didn't fall off. And then he tried to grope her, I suppose, I don't know, she didn't tell me everything. But she said she pushed him off, he didn't stop, she slapped him, and then he hit her."

"And what are you going to do about it?" Amy said. That took me totally by surprise. I thought she didn't want me to have anything to do with Casey.

"Mam?" I said, still not even sure what to say to that.

"I know you've been sleeping with her," Amy said, but she didn't sound as mad as she had yesterday. "And you like her, don't you?"

"Yes mam," I nodded, looking her in the eye. "I like her very much." Amy's eyes went a little wide, and she stared at me in silence for a moment. I was trying to figure out what she was thinking, but I couldn't tell.

"Do you love her?" Amy asked softly, with an expression I couldn't place at all.

"Mam?" I said again, not sure how to respond.

"Is she just some girl you like to hook up with, like me, or do you love her?" she stared up at me, waiting for an answer. I stayed silent for a moment, staring back down at her. I wasn't sure what she would say if I told her the truth, but I was getting sick of all the lies. It had all felt like fun and games until Casey got hurt. I was feeling a different way than I had just yesterday.

"Yes mam," I nodded, "I do love her. I love your daughter." Amy stood there for a moment, looking quite conflicted. I still couldn't get a read on what was going on inside her head.

"And what about me?" she finally said, sounding very different than I had ever heard her sound before. She didn't sound scary, or even intimidating. In fact she sounded like a real person for the first time since I had met her.

"Amy, you're one hell of a woman," I said, trying to sound the way I wanted to, "and I've enjoyed our time together very much. I doubt I'll ever feel some of those things again. At first it was just about the most fun I've ever had. But for the past few weeks I've been trying to figure out how to tell you how I feel about Casey. And now that I've said it, I think its time we be honest with each other. As much fun as we've had, I don't think I can be with you anymore. I'm sorry darlin'," I said, giving her a sad smile, which she returned.

"And what if I don't want to let you go," she said.

"You do what you have to do Amy," I said with conviction. "But I've made my choice. I really am sorry. But I don't mean to be with any girl but Casey ever again." She stayed silent for a moment, and then looked back up at me.

"Fine," she said, and I thought I could see a tear trying to form in her eye. "You can be with my daughter. Once you take care of Derrick."

"I'm not sure how I'm going to do that," I said, taken aback by the turn she had taken. "But I will, I promise."

"Good," Amy nodded sadly. "But until then, Casey isn't yours. If you want my daughter, then you have to earn her."

"Yes mam," I nodded.

"And one more thing," she added, and I prepared myself for whatever she might be about to say. "I don't intend to be alone out here Jim," she said. "My husband is here two days a week at best. And besides that he's a shit lover with a tiny dick. It didn't seem tiny before I met you, but it does now. He cant satisfy me, and I need to be satisfied."

"Uh, I'm not sure what to tell you mam," I said, wondering what the hell she was getting at.

"I don't know anyone but you in this little town," she said. "And you know everyone. So if you want me to let you go, and be with my daughter, then you have to find a replacement for yourself."

"Uh, I'm not sure how to do that mam," I said.

"Figure it out," she said forcefully, sounding like herself again. "Until you find me a new lover that can give me what I want, and take care of that little shit Derrick, Casey is still off limits. If I catch you with her, I'll tell my husband."

"Amy, please," I said, trying to reason with her.

"Don't you call me Amy," she said, her eyes shooting fire at me. "If we're not lovers anymore, then I'm Mrs. Howard, or mam. Got that?"

"Yes mam," I nodded, taking a gulp. She still did scare the shit out of me when she turned it on.

"Good," she nodded. "You can check on Casey later today, she's still sleeping. But no touching, no kissing, and definitely no fucking. Not until you've done what you need to do, understand?"

"Yes mam," I nodded. She gave me one last longing look, and then walked back into her big house. I watched her go, and then continued on into the fields. I felt more relief than I could describe. It seemed like I had gotten not only my daddy's blessing, but also Amy. The two biggest obstacles to me getting Casey were slowly going away. But I had work to do. Not just in the fields, but in town. I would get Derrick, one way or the other. But finding Amy a replacement was going to be difficult, and probably pretty weird too. I didn't even know where to start with that. But I would get it done. I would do whatever I had to do to get Casey. Now that it actually felt possible, I felt more conviction than ever. I just needed to figure out how to get it all done, and not get myself thrown in jail in the process.

I worked the land until after noon, and then headed back to the ranch to have lunch. I noticed that Amy's car was gone, and wondered if Casey had gone with her. I walked in, and immediately heard the sweat sound of Casey's voice coming from the kitchen. She was singing country roads, and it had never sounded better. I walked into the kitchen, and saw her at the sink, doing dishes. I let my eyes wander along her perfect body, admiring her long tan legs, and the nice way the muscles in her back moved as she worked. She was moving back and forth as she sang, and I looked down and stared at her ass for a moment. It looked better than anything I had ever seen.

I walked into the room, and she turned around as she heard me. Her long hair flew about her shoulders as she turned, and the rest of her perfect body came into view. And then I saw her face. It felt like a brick had been dropped into my stomach. Under her eye was black and blue, and her whole cheek was discolored. I could tell from the bruise that Derrick hadn't hit her in the eye, the way a man hits a man. He had slapped her in the face, but he had done it hard enough to do that. Casey smiled as she saw me, but her smile faltered as I stared at her face.

"Jim, please, don't look at me like that," she said softly, and turned away. Once her face was hidden she went back to being the most beautiful girl in the world. I walked over to her, and placed my hands on her shoulders, but she still hid her face from me.

"I'm sorry," I said, and bent down and kissed her shoulder. "It just hurts to see you like that. I still cant believe he really did that."

"I can," Casey sniffled. "Derrick has always been an asshole, ever since we were little. But he never hit me before."

"I'm going to make him pay," I said seriously. "I promise. I don't know how, but he wont get away with it."

"You cant hit him Jim," Casey said, turning to face me again. It was still hard to look at the bruise on her face, but I gave her a soft smile, and brushed the hair out of her eyes as I stared down into them.

"I know," I nodded, "I won't. I'm not stupid, and I know if I do anything to him directly he'll make sure his daddy has me thrown in jail. But I'm going to do something Casey. I just have to get a little creative is all."

"I might have an idea," Casey said, giving me a rather devious little smile.

"Oh ya," I laughed, "what kind of idea?"

"The kind that will get Derrick to hit you," Casey said. "Even if he doesn't hit you, it'll tear him up. It'll make him even madder than you are now."

"I doubt that," I said, knowing it couldn't be true. She didn't realize just how mad I was, but Derrick would.

"I know how to make Derrick mad enough that he'll hit you," Casey went on. "And if we play it right, we can get him to hit you in front of people, and then you can hit him back. But only once probably, maybe twice. You have to make sure you can get away with it being self-defense. But if there are witnesses to him hitting you first, you're allowed to give him at least one good shot."

"I can make one good shot work," I nodded, knowing that if I hit Derrick, it wouldn't be something he would soon forget. "So what is this crazy plan then? How do I get Derrick to hit me first?"

"You fuck his little sister Amanda," Casey said with her devious smile. That made me stop though. I didn't want to fuck anyone else. I just wanted Casey. And I wanted her to just want me. The fact that she was telling me to fuck another girl wasn't what I wanted to hear.

"You want me to fuck Derrick's sister?" I asked, looking appropriately shocked.

"Ya," Casey nodded eagerly. "Fuck her good. Really give it to her, like you did to me yesterday. Well, maybe not like that. I want that special loving to be just for me. But fuck her good and hard, and then we'll make sure he finds out. And we'll make sure its in a public place."

"But," I started, and then stopped, not sure how to say what I was thinking. I didn't want Casey to be ok with me fucking another girl. "You're saying you want me to fuck her?"

"Ya," Casey nodded. "It'll be perfect. And I doubt Amanda will mind. The only victim will be Derrick. He hates guys so much as talking to his sister, he always has. One time he got his friends to jump Amanda's boyfriend. But that wont happen to you," she added quickly.

"Ya, but, what about us," I said slowly, wishing she felt the way I did. "I thought maybe, I don't know, that you didn't want me sleeping with other girls."

"We're not married Jim," Casey said, smiling up at me with her battered and yet still beautiful face. "Maybe someday we will be," she added, and my heart fluttered about in my chest. "But I have to go back to school next month, and you'll stay here. When I come back we can pick up right where we left off. But I don't plan on not having any sex for a year, and I don't expect you to either."

"Maybe it's finally time we talked about you going back to school," I said, hating how much I sounded like my own father.

"Jim, I'm finishing school," Casey said, turning from me and laughing. "I've already done two years."

"What do you want to be a lawyer for anyway?" I asked, walking after her. I grabbed her waist and pulled her back to me. "I thought you said you liked it here in the country."

"I do," she said, and turned and kissed me. "I love it here. I really do. And when I'm done with all my school, maybe I can come live here. Maybe I'll even live here with you. But that's a long time from now Jim. I'm only twenty and you're only nineteen. I'm not ready to get married and live on a farm just yet."

"Well I am," I said, and she laughed again.

"Ok, well then you either have to find someone else, or wait for me," she said, spinning out of my grasp.

"I'll wait for you," I said. "I'll wait as long as you need me to. And I'll do whatever you want Casey. I..." I stopped before I said the words. I knew she wasn't ready for me to say it yet, but I also knew she was aware. She knew the rest of the sentence without me saying it.

"Slow down cowboy," she said, giving me a soft warm smile. "We'll get there. But there's no rush. For now let's just enjoy each other, and occasionally other people when we aren't around each other. And then someday down the line we can be exclusive. But I'm not ready for that yet."

"Ok," I sighed, hating it. I didn't want to wait another second. I wanted her now, and always. But she was the third person that day to tell me to slow my roll. My dad, her mom, and now her, were all saying the same thing. It can happen, but not today.

nikopheros
nikopheros
1,262 Followers
12