The Ranger: Ch. 10

Story Info
The threat is over, why is it more hectic than ever?
8.2k words
4.74
3.6k
9
0

Part 10 of the 19 part series

Updated 11/25/2023
Created 01/29/2023
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
LeakyFaucit
LeakyFaucit
480 Followers

Welcome Back! Everyone depicted in this alternate universe, thousands of years in the futuristic past, is of age and have agreed to the their story being presented today. If you contribute ideas that come about and your story is added, you will need to pick out your background and class. (Soviet Degenday(Sword and Board) and Boulder Dash (NG Gnome Monk).

With so many people to juggle it might be nice to get them organized in your mind as well: (it expands in later chapters).

Team1: Heran, Evaine, Niviena, Ewlene, Yesime, Anders, Isabella

Team2: Sabina, Annalise, Desa, Abigale, Amber, Treya, Ivana, Joan

Team3: Katelyn, Beau, Erika, Alexandra, Triss, Abby, Jenna, Amelia

Team4: Jacob, Dustin, Jamison, Anton, Petra,Regina

Merchant Ship: Saedin, Agitha, Cassandra

"Ale?" Sabina asks and I nod, hands were full last trip, bringing back all of the available now food. I love bread, especially the kind they have here, melon sized round loaves hard-crusted on the outside and fluffy on the inside to pick out. Hard to eat them though without something to wash it down.

Seeing Soviet sitting at my normal table, I don't know if only seeing him in his black scaled armor even while relaxing makes him seem more solid, he has the same build as Severan, they could be brothers in looks with Severan showing more big brother attitude with Soviet studying every detail of everything.

Sabina brings out another plate, "We have this for now and should be able to get something made, she looks over at us, "for the three of you shortly. Ale?" She asks Soviet.

"Water is fine." His demeanor goes from study to relaxed and smiling in an instant.

"I'll get my own, Severan?" I ask following her back into the kitchen, he agrees and I pick up the pace and grab Sabina by the hips with her stopping in place and leaning back.

"You have time tonight?" She asks looking up and back at me.

"Early morning? I have a meeting with Cinthia tonight."

"That's the woman in your head, what's that like?"

"She's a mage, all of her free time she studies and practices." Sabina turns in my arms giving me a smile.

"So, a lot of room in there for her to do all of that huh." Chuckling with her and pinching her ass. "Hey!"

"Let's focus for a moment so I can get back out there and talk to Soviet." Leaning down we kiss for a bit and her hands roam as much as mine do. Breaking off with lust in both of our eyes.

"Yes, let's get this night over with and I'll wake you up, nicely." Sabina turns and starts getting the preparations going while I grab the water and two ales and head back to the table.

"You plan on staying in Sreport?" Soviet asks Severan as I take a seat.

"Wife has family there."

"I know you've captained a ship, a merchant now?" Soviet asks in the same neutral tone, and there is no way he should know that, this is ridiculous.

"I'm not sure what games you, or the council is playing, but the amount of spying on us is out of control. I'm sure they are listening now, so they can pull you back, we have nothing to discuss or to do going forward." I reply. "Having every move and conversation being viewed and shared with you means they can't be trusted as they have no trust to give."

"You sure you want to do that?" Soviet asks, not moving.

"Do? I haven't done anything, except do their job for them. They couldn't be bothered to spy on the Viscount and prevent the illegal sale of their citizens as slaves, right?" I sit for a moment and there is nothing said.

"Couldn't be bothered to step in and save these women from the same Viscount from ordering his soldiers to come down here, kill anyone that tries to stop them from snatching these women up? No, nothing?"

"But it seems I am being spied at a level you know a private conversation while I was walking alone with Severan? How many other towns just like this one have been wiped out because the council is so busy, I had to be brought here?"

"They wished to be informed, and to inform me, on what to expect when I arrived." Soviet replies.

'Can you tell when they are spying Cinthia?' I think to her, I guess that's what I'm doing at least.

'No, I can ask if that ability is available,' she replies.

"Anything you have to offer that would make dealing with you people worth it?" I ask Soviet after what seemed like watching Cinthia walk away just outside my peripheral vision.

"The ruins are probably a labyrinth of hallways, your; Ranger ability will be of little use, I am what is being offered to make it worth it."

"You mean the job they gave with the hint of maybe leaving me alone if done?" I reply shaking my head. "An offer that can't be refused, is not an offer." This is the kind of stuff I grew to dislike in my home of hired mercenaries. We wouldn't take on bad jobs, but there were times when you found out the job was bad after, and then had to fix it which always took quite a bit longer.

"It's been too long in doing already, the ruins pose a threat to everyone, especially those here, and most everything you've done so far has only been voluntary because you were willing to stay here and do it, this is no different." Soviet looks behind me, I hope it's Sabina.

"How many towns are like this Mr. Degenday's?" Sabina asks bringing his food.

"Call me Soviet, and there are two remaining, the others disbanded." He then destroys the stew and bread in just a few moments, he eats like a soldier.

"This is the way of any war fought in your own territory even if we were victorious." Severan states. "The cities rebuild with the people from the smaller communities, though the choices Aberdeen made were and still are, selfish."

"Why is he still in power?" I ask Soviet.

"Stability for now." Soviet replies.

"Stability?" Severan looks up from his ale, "Can anyone name anything from before, during, or after the war where he has earned that type of respect?" He looks around, "IF you are still listening, as his second in command, he is keeping progress from going forward with his criminal negligence while indulging in personal pleasures. The Armorer, dockmaster, quartermaster would provide a better leader and save that city."

"You left the night he gave the order to attack, came down here, and defended them. I can respect making a decision few would be willing to do." Soviet says to Severan with the hint of a smile.

"Well, I didn't intend to come here." Severan shrugs, looking a little uncomfortable.

"And yet, here you are, we are judged by what we do, not what we think." Soviet says and looks over at me at the end and his smile gets bigger.

'Mistress has blocked all scrying within the town limits.' Cynthia informs me, 'that tongue of yours is payment, up front, and behind." She laughs.

"When would you like to begin this adventure?" Soviet continues.

"I need a few days as none of the women here have ever had to kill before," We all glance over at Sabina. "And we need to get the training back in order, maybe introduce swords?" I nod to Severan, "if you are still here, maybe?"

"Yeah, we can stay a few days to get the basics. "Your two knives are unique, just like the bow, are all of them normal in your home?"

"No, my mentor made them," I pull the knives off my belt and hand them to Severan. "A little longer and thinner than most knives, thin to work cuttings, clip both sides together, and the serrated backs can cut tree limbs, dig in hardier soil or protect yourself."

"Cuttings?" Soviet asks.

"Plants, taking a cutting from one plant to move, or combine with another," I answer, "She was a druid, I lacked the belief so Ranger was my area."

"Hmm," Soviet stares through me for a moment, "interesting." He takes a drink of water and stares at me this time. "Is this one of the gifts they couldn't figure out?" I figure he noticed the scrying had ended.

"Nah, the voices in my head silenced the voices in yours." I smile as it is nice to be able to say that and not feel as crazy as I should. "If you walk north to the edge of the woods, you can tell them what happened or I'd expect them to be here shortly. Just past that Hall we were in." I add when he stands.

"So they can't hear anything at all?" Soviet sits back down, "Could I get an ale Miss Sabina?"

Sabina hops out of her chair, "Yes, of course."

"Same with the Ruins?" he asks me.

"Just the town."

"If they aren't here before I finish my drink, I'll head up and report in. Mind if I sit in silence for this?" He asks including both of us. I bet he's been spied on his entire life.

Severan and I stand, "I'll head to my room for a bit. He smiles at Soviet, "enjoy it while it lasts Soviet." Severan walks up the stairs.

Walking into the kitchen and topping off the drink, taking a seat on the stool, I don't know what to think about that man, still seems exactly as Severan painted him to be. Doing his job like the rest of us.

'You can trust him.' Cinthia replies. 'Mistress put him in place for this.'

'Good to know, that was my biggest concern.'

'We'll all be there for this, it is not as simple as it seems.' she replies. 'Go slower than you normally do things Kae.'

'Wait, What? I'm not, that rash.' It was Gray that was the rash one.

'Kae, compared to him sure, but to everyone else, you decide and then act, sometimes those two happen at the same moment.'

'Do we come clean about what we plan to do with the Soviet guy or wait to see if it is even needed?'

'Let it come naturally,' she laughs.

I sit there for a while before I hear someone come in.

I see Mertil standing in the doorway looking at the empty room, "You want anything while I'm in here? We have stew and."

"Wine please Kae, already ate at the Hall."

"Coming right up," grabbing her a cup of wine and sitting across from her.

"You were badass taking over a spot in Heran's group." I say to start a conversation.

"Is it wrong that I enjoyed getting rid of them?" She whispers back.

"Your town, your people, I'd be surprised if you weren't happy with the outcome. Don't feel bad for them, they knew who was down here, they can't claim ignorance."

"I was feeling a bit guilty, for not feeling guilty," she replies. "Can't thank you enough for basically everything."

"Was going to hunker down in Saiden's house, but then it would have been horribly lonely living in all these homes alone."

"Jackass." She smiles and shakes her head. "Anyway, it's just us here, the Goddess told you she wanted me to be happy?"

"She did."

"And that you are part of that?"

"I feel I'm a better option than Bjorn and his friends."

Mertil looks at me for a moment "Ehhh," she says dismissively.

Choking on my drink trying to laugh and swallow at the same time, hadn't laughed that hard in quite a while. Sputter as I finish and start laughing again as Mertil had tears in her eyes with a squeaking squealing laugh that didn't match her at all.

"Waiting for me to take a drink was dirty Mertil." I say wiping my face and looking at my soaked shirt.

"Sorry, that was perfect." Mertil is still chuckling.

"Worst apology ever."

"Hoooah, okay, my cheeks hurt, so let's calm this down," she says like she wasn't the one that caused all of this.

"I wish I knew what she wanted me to do." Mertil takes a sip of her wine. "And you can stop pretending like I'm worth your ti.."

"Not another damn word woman." This caught her off guard, I try not to curse, but sometimes it just comes out. "Everything I've done has been because you backed it up, every step of the way in both word and deed, you saved every soul in this town for years before I even knew this place existed, you are scary sexy, and funny on top of that; and then you pop off with that?"

"What does scary sexy even mean?"

"So that's what you got from all of that, your, our goddess is protecting something, doing whatever it is gods do, putting pieces in place long before we were born, we've lived the lives we have so that we could be here now. You can do as you see fit when it comes to whatever this is," I wave my hand back and forth between us, "but at no point will you ever demean who you are around me as we both know different, hell, take a moment and see how the women look at you."

Mertil went from the shock on her face to smirking at me, "You done?"

"Maybe," I just went on a rant but that was the last thing I expected. "The ladies are about to walk in," I tell her as I figured whatever she was going to say was going to be embarrassing.

"How do you do that?" Mertil whispers as they walk through the door.

"I can feel where you all are at."

"Wait, what?" Beau asks. "Am I going to know where everyone is at all the time?" She seemed happy about that.

"Not everyone and this just kind of grew since I've been here." I hadn't noticed how it progressed from just knowing humanoid or animal to this." It could have been a deduction based on the three of them coming for the door, no, I knew it was them. "I can tell you four and that Evaine is still in the Hall. Sounds weird saying that out loud."

"So you just gained that ability without even knowing it? Magic doesn't seem as hard as I thought," Beau says and I laugh, I guess if you use me as the example, magic is just random things happening without your knowledge of it.

"Enchanting is crazy hard for some, took me years longer than all of the other abilities combined. Goddess probably thought everything would be over by the time I figured this out."

"Spying out all your girlfriends just comes to you though." Sabina laughs. Beau turns and looks at Mertil.

"Don't even start." Mertil cuts in as Beau sits across from her.

"What?" Beau asks with mock innocence.

"Wine? I'll get your usual," Sabina laughs and swishes past me to get the women their drinks.

Three ales later I felt quite a bit let nervous about meeting Cinthia, she'd been planning and preparing for this and I don't know what else was going on.

"Not upstairs Kae," Katelyn said and I remembered my room had changed, I step back down a few stairs, and head down the hall to the left. That third ale is more than normal.

'He's such a pussy Cin, I can't believe we only get 3 ales, can't we switch places sometimes?' I hear her laugh, 'Imagine him waking up hammered after drinking all night while asleep.'

Getting naked even though I'm not sure it is necessary and laying down, trying to fall asleep is harder than it seems.

'Oh for fuck sake, hold on.' I hear Cinthia and then I feel someone sitting on me. I figure it was Sabina, but looking up it was Cynthia.

'Had to put you to sleep, we don't have to hurry.' She says, wearing a nightgown that is almost see-through. Long blonde hair as a skinny Norse Viking, she was supposed to be one of their seers, a snake tattoo that wraps around the shaved side of her head. Her village was raided, she was held for a few years and then she joined us in killing them off when Grayson and I had a different team at the time.

She slides her slit up along the shaft, up my stomach. "This is okay to do?"

"What? You've saved my life so many times I owe you everything, love you as my first and you ask if this is okay?

'The fuck? I've saved your ass more than that and..' Gray says and it shocks me.

'No chance Gray, never going to happen man!' I send back to him.

'Asshole, not what I meant at all, didn't let me finish!' He replies with anger and embarrassment, I hear Cynthia and who I think is Ninhersag in my head laughing.

'Sorry Gray, caught me off guard, oh, and stop participating right now, it's weird.

"Forgot what I was doing?" I say to Cinthia who has the biggest smile on her face.

Let me help you, she slides up my chest and sets down on my face. "Do what you do best my little man."

'You taste, lighter; more like apples and less tart.' I send her.

'I don't eat anymore or get dirty with a week in the woods or piss like you animals.' She grinds a little harder, 'apples huh, I like that.'

'Ive missed you, even though I know you are always there, this is, nice.' sending her as i'm digging in.

`Good, now grab my ass and work it harder Kae, you know what I like.'`

'This, this is the Cinthia I know and love,' I think to her and feel her relax. She likes to be on top, having someone try and doggy her will get their arms pulled off. She might be a mage, but squishy is not her thing. Even calling Mistress seems odd coming out of her mouth.

'Please, you about peed yourself after the first few seconds.' She says to me and I refocus on the task at hand.

We go hard and fast and I learn that you can control when you finish with just a thought. Well, I learned after she did it for me the first two times, and then threatened me if I didn't figure it out while grinding on me with a little hip push forward on the downstroke that was making me close with every few squeezes.

'Thanks for going through all the work it took for you to be able to do this. All I had to do was go to sleep and you helped in that also.'

She is exactly the same height as me, barely above average for her kind, so she is eye to eye with me as she leans down. 'I did this for me, I was going crazy in there,' she taps my temple with a finger. 'We have to wait a while as I have to conserve my strength for our little adventure.'

'You don't have to..' I say as she slides down and grabs my cock.

'This,' she waggles it back and forth, 'is mine do to with as I please until you wake up.' Licking from base to head showing me her last statement. 'Hmm, does taste like apples,' bobbing back down. When it was time to cum again I felt her tighten around the base and was going to say something when she laughs and lets it go taking it all in.

'Was just messing with you, get some sleep love, you have a few hours before the morning visit.' She pats my stomach, 'your new muscles are sexy.'

Woken by Sabina crawling into bed, her back to mine, her hand reaches back and rubs down my side and hip, the sheet comes off and I crack and eye to see her get naked and climb back in bed.

"Hey," I say to let her know I'm up.

"Hey, shh, go back to sleep, I'm early," she pulls my arm around her. That sounds good to me so I squeeze and go back to sleep. Waking up the second? Third time maybe, I feel that firm ass against my stomach and a hand full of breast, add that to morning wood and starting now was the best option.

Reaching down she isn't ready for anything serious yet, let's move her a bit to get at that pussy and she wakes up on me.

"What? Are you trying to be sneaky?" She whispers down at me and I nod, moving down further. "Oh, okay." She whispers gain, "Wait!" she reaches over and grabs a shirt knotted up, and bites down.

"Is that my shirt? I only have two Sabina."

Taking it back out, "I'll wash it this morning, last time we did this it was embarrassing." putting it back in and leaning her head back. She is getting wetter without me doing anything yet. Sucking her lips in and out, moving one and then two fingers in and out and this time she lifted her hips off the bed on her own, she wants to ruin my bed, she had to clean it so why not. In and out faster with my palm slapping her clit she is grunting and squealing into my shirt and then squirts half way up my arm, blotched red down into her chest and heaving after spitting my shirt out.

"Gotta breath babe, you're going to pass out like that."

"Shoo, hard to breathe when your mind goes blank, nothing makes me cum harder than when you do that with your fingers. Was I loud?"

"Nope," pulling her around onto her stomach with her toes barely touching the floor. Trapping her legs between my knees and sliding into her pulling her lovely ass back a little. "Probably sound like I've got someone bound and gagged in here, pin your hands down like this." I lean down onto her and trap her hands to the bed.

"Oh, shit the shirt Kae." She starts as a whisper and says my name louder as I pull out and push back in. "Please don't make me scream."

LeakyFaucit
LeakyFaucit
480 Followers