The Raven Chronicles - Ch. 01

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
SofBlack
SofBlack
401 Followers

No one could have survived so much blood loss. Azar could still see the huge red pool when she walked down the main road through the village, even though it had been cleaned away years ago.

It wasn't the birds who stole Mother from Father. It was their daughter.

Sometimes, when the birds spoke, they sounded like Mother, so Azar went into the forest and listened to them every chance she could. Ravens were clever and could speak human words in addition to their own language, but even knowing that, her guilt eased to think Mother was a raven instead of dead because Azar hadn't run fast enough.

Guilt that had prevented her from marrying yet. How could she leave her father alone, when it was her fault Mother was gone? He couldn't manage the house and farm by himself.

But Dorlan wouldn't wait forever. He wanted to start a family, and he'd already asked her to marry him three times. There might not be a fourth chance.

An owl hooted. An owl? She glanced at the sky. It was dark. Papa would be home! She had to hurry.

A man leaped down from a tree and was beside her so quickly she hardly saw him before he was touching her arm. He was huge, broad-shouldered and much taller than her. Raven black hair laying over his shoulders and eyes so black. With his black clothes and cloak, he seemed to be made of night.

He must be a spirit. Maybe a Djinn!

Papa and Dorlan said all men were dangerous, and they would try to hurt her. Surely they couldn't mean every single one, but this man did feel dangerous. Her heart beat fast as a hummingbird's.

She dropped her firewood, screamed, and backed up, then turned to run.

He grabbed her wrist and pulled her against him.

"My... My papa will be looking for me." She tried to tug free. "Let me go."

The dark man didn't listen, pulling her so close her breasts pressed against him. Her nipples hardened and heat coiled between her thighs. What was happening to her?

"What is your name?" he murmured.

"Azar."

"Azar. My name is Fechin. What are you doing out here alone?"

She swallowed. "Talking to the ravens." Why had she told him that? He'd think she was crazy. Like everyone else.

He smiled. "You like ravens?"

Azar nodded.

"I am also fond of ravens." He cupped her face between his large hands and stared into her eyes for an endless moment.

Captivated, she couldn't look away.

"Azar." Fechin rubbed his thumbs over her cheeks, a soft caress that left her trembling. He leaned close. Too close! He couldn't mean to --

His lips touched hers in a soft kiss. With a gentle insistence, he urged her to open.

Closing her eyes, she gave in. Some irresistible pull drew her to this dark stranger. The rolling strokes of his tongue along hers spread warmth through her. With each breath, the pressure of his lips firmed. Energy built within her. Dorlan never made her feel like this. The thought jolted sense into her, and she squirmed in Fechin's embrace.

His chest vibrated with a low growl, primal and raw, that stilled her. He kissed her harder, deeper. His hands left her face and stroked her back, pulling her closer.

Hands pressed to his shoulders, Azar arched into him as he slid his hands lower. The hard press of his erection against her stomach tore a shocked gasp from her.

This was dangerous. She should be scared, but lust hit her so quickly her body went limp. Fechin gripped her tighter.

What was this control he had over her? She wanted his kisses. She wanted more. Azar slid her hands into his hair.

Fechin made a rough sound, half growl, half something else. Her feet left the ground as he lifted her with a hand under her bottom. He squeezed her flesh, then his rough palm slid up her leg.

"Touch me, Azar." His deep voice rumbled in his chest. The sound whipped through her, leaving her weakened. She rested her head against his shoulder, letting him support her. He cupped the weight of her breast, massaging the achy flesh while he kissed his way down the column of her throat. At the dip where shoulder met neck, he nibbled. Each nip sent a jolt of desire down her spine.

The tiny pinch of pain shocked her, but she liked it. He latched his mouth over the spot and bit until the pleasure bordered on pain.

Cool air hit the sensitive tips of her breasts. What happened to her dress?

Azar shivered, but the warmth of his touch seeped into her. He massaged her breasts, and the kneading left her squirming in his arms. She focused on the sensations and the way his touch made her heart flip-flop.

He flicked her nipples. Sparks ignited. He did it again. Pure pleasure skipped across her skin. She waited, eager for what he would do next. With his fingertip, he circled her areola. She moaned. He stilled with his fingers clamped around the hard bud. Anticipation built. She pressed her lips together.

"You're holding your breath, waiting. Do you want something, my Azar?"

Words wouldn't come. She nodded.

"What?" He wanted her to talk? Couldn't he guess?

"Well?"

The demand was clear. He kissed her neck, licked the spot he'd teased a moment ago, but didn't move his fingers. She arched into his embrace, silently begging him to tug on the erect nipple. Roll it. Flick it. Do something.

He only held the hard point clamped between his calloused fingertips. "Fechin, please." Instead of meeting her unspoken demand, he released her nipple and caressed her breast, and making her crazed. The teasing touch wasn't what she needed. She covered his hands with hers and pushed her chest forward, rubbing the points into his palms.

Fechin pulled his hands back, denying her the relief she craved. "What do you want? Tell me."

She couldn't voice her need. The very thought of putting her desires into words embarrassed her.

"You have beautiful breasts. Full, lush mounds meant to be suckled. Is that what you want?" He brushed his lips over the tips. She moaned. "Are they sensitive?"

She nodded.

He pulled back. "I bet." He was teasing her? Oh no. She didn't know how to play these sorts of games. She cupped one breast and lifted it to his mouth, offering herself.

"Do you want my mouth here?" Fechin tapped his finger to the hard point. She heard the amusement in his tone, but was beyond caring.

He swept his flattened tongue over the peak, then eased back.

"Perfect. You're perfect." He closed his mouth over the tip and flicked it with his tongue. She shuddered and arched into him. He steadied her, a hand at her lower back, and latched on to her breast, sucking her flesh into his mouth. He became her entire focus -- his teasing licks, the brush of his thumb over the base of her spine, the hungry sounds he made. The wickedly needful sounds she made.

The sensations wrapped around her, cocooning her in a cloud of pure lust.

Fechin set her on her feet and spun her around. "Put your hands on the tree and don't let go. Open for me."

She shouldn't be doing this. Half of her instincts said to run, the other half begged for more of his touches. Rough bark pressed against her palms. When had she lifted her arms?

His hand slid under her dress, up her thigh. His fingers found her center and stroked her.

"You are so wet."

Azar flushed, mortified, but unable to move or speak.

"It's good you respond so well. That will make things easier on you."

"Easier?"

He rubbed her, finding her nub, which made her gasp, then he was pushing a finger inside her.

"You shouldn't --"

"Shhhh. All of your body is mine to touch as I please."

She stiffened and turned her head to glare at him, but forgot what she was going to say as she stared into his fathomless black eyes. The way he ordered her around and touched her without permission should anger and frighten her, but she couldn't look away.

He pushed a second finger into her, stretched her.

"You are going to be so tight around my cock." His hot breath whispering in her ear sent a shiver through her.

Her mouth opened to protest, but again, no words came out.

"That's right. You are mine."

But she couldn't be his. She was going to marry Dorlan. She tried to pull away, but Fechin's big body caged her against the tree.

His fingers moved in and out of her, making her ache.

Her body convulsed around his fingers, and she could finally make a sound as she cried out.

He kissed her to take it away.

She glanced toward her house. This wasn't right. If Dorlan found out, he wouldn't marry her. Papa would be ashamed of her.

Fechin turned her face back toward him. "Come with me."

"Into the forest?"

Fechin nodded. "I'll show you a forest like you've never seen before." He held out his hand. "Come with me."

CHAPTER SIX

FECHIN

Fechin didn't wait for her decision. He might have stayed in this world too long already. He'd flown back and forth several times through the rift, but had no way to know how long it would remain open. Was this what happened to the missing centaurs in the forest? Why hadn't they returned? Nothing else had come through -- maybe that rift was one way. Maybe the raven's scream had changed something.

Azar hadn't taken his hand. While he'd been lost in thought, she'd taken a step back and pulled her torn dress over her chest. Her fiery hair was tangled, and there were questions in her copper-colored eyes he didn't have the time or inclination to answer.

It was likely she needed to be in Fae when he impregnated her, so the magic attached to the inheritance of the crown.

There would be no debate.

He caught her gaze and held her eyes. "Sleep."

Azar blinked up at him. A pang of worry went through him. She should have slept immediately. If this part of his magic didn't work here, or on her, things could get complicated.

"Sleep, Azar." He put more magic into the suggestion and added her name. Fae always had power over anyone who had given their name freely, but too much could damage her, or make her sleep too long.

She slumped into his arms. He summoned his raven magic to form wings from his shirt and cloak. In his half-raven form, he flew up, out of the forest toward the tear between worlds.

"Azar!" The cry was so distant he thought he imagined it as he soared higher.

He'd found his maité anam. He'd had to cross to another world to do it, but now he could send that spiteful witch back to her grasping family. Hopefully, it would close on its own. At least so far up in the sky, there was less of a chance someone would accidentally stumble across it.

Cloaking himself and Azar in glamour to hide them from sight, he flew to the balcony of his rooms.

He dismissed the glamour and his wings, waving a hand to lock the door and soundproof the room.

Laying Azar on the bed, he stripped her of her dress and undergarments. She was young compared to him, but all woman. When they bonded, she'd share his immortality and keep her beauty forever.

Using silken cords, he bound her wrists over her head and her ankles apart, but loosely so he could move her legs.

His drive to possess her would not tolerate any delay she may cause by demanding explanations.

Fechin climbed onto the bed and pressed his body to hers. He dwarfed Azar's tiny frame, but he gave her all his weight, pressing her into the mattress, enjoying her soft curves against his hard planes. "Can you hear me, Azar?'

Her brow furrowed.

He caressed her face. "Don't wake yet. Just listen and speak only the truth, Azar. Do you want to have children?"

"Yes." One burden lifted from his shoulders. At least that desire wouldn't have to be forced on her.

Bracing himself on one arm, he cupped her breast. "You like it when I touch you, don't you, sweet Azar?"

"Yes," she whispered.

"Do you want to please me?"

"Yes."

"Kiss me, Azar."

She opened to him, and he took her mouth, sliding his tongue into her. He could feel the bond building between them, so tangible he would swear he saw the connection forming a cord between them.

"You will stay here in Fae, sit beside me as queen, and submit to me."

Her answer didn't come verbally, but the bond between them thickened in response.

Fechin parted her legs and brushed his mouth across the lips of her sex. Azar smelled clean, sweet, and free of magic. She was still wet from his attentions in the forest. He parted her damp folds and licked, drawing his tongue slowly over her swollen clit.

She whimpered and writhed. Fechin lashed her with his tongue, holding her in place, taking his pleasure by giving pleasure to her. Her body trembled. He kept one arm across her hips, the other slid two fingers inside her slick wet warmth, exploring. In and out.

Slowly, then faster, mimicking how he'd fill her with his cock. "Fly, Azar."

His voice rolled from his chest, dark and commanding. Fechin curled his fingers inside her, loving the feel of each shudder and clench of her thighs. He flicked his tongue over her clit again, moving his free hand to the other breast, where he pinched and rolled her nipples just enough to make her moan.

Her body tightened again, an orgasm was rising. She panted and tossed her head. He stilled his fingers as she clenched around them and took her clit into his mouth.

She bucked off the bed beneath his hold as she came. The keening cry made him feel more alive than he'd ever felt before. She shuddered and fell back on the mattress with a satisfied sigh.

Fechin added a third finger and lashed her clit with his tongue. Her body rewarded him with a soft sigh and more of the cream that made her pussy glisten.

He'd prepared her as much as possible to take him. She wasn't a virgin, but she wasn't experienced, either, and so tiny.

It was time.

"Wake, Azar."

He lowered his mouth to her pussy, lapping at the sweet essence she made for him. He stroked her channel, feeling her body readying to come again.

Her eyes fluttered open, arousal slamming into her conscious senses. She blinked, eyes widening at the sight of him between her spread thighs, and yanked on her restraints. He lunged to cover her mouth with his and cutoff her questions. Fingers bringing her slickness to her clit, he positioned the tip of his cock at her entrance and swallowed her shriek as he thrust into her slick heat for the first time while her pussy rippled around him in orgasm.

Azar's confused body tried to grip his cock tight and keep him out at the same time as he pushed through her resistance until he impaled her on his full length.

Fechin tangled a hand in her hair to still her head as he moved his mouth over hers. He rolled a nipple between his fingers and held still inside her as she writhed and kicked her legs pointlessly. He was inside her, far too deep. All her body could do was adapt to his possession.

Catching her eyes, he murmured, "You feel only pleasure."

Azar relaxed in her restraints, her submissiveness igniting lust within him.

He moved, rocking into her, relishing the feel of her softness under him.

She was so small, and he so large when he thrust in, her abdomen bulged with his cock. He could watch himself inside her for hours. Sliding a hand between them, he stroked her clit. "Move with me. Come for me, Azar."

She braced her feet against his thighs and rolled her hips to match his rhythmic thrusts.

Gods. She was so open to suggestion, her body made for receiving his cock and the pleasure he offered.

But the time for playing was later. He had reached his limit of slow sex tonight. Waving a hand, he tightened the ropes, pulling her body taut so fast she gasped. Her back arched, putting her perky breasts on display.

He licked the underside of one breast, flicked his tongue across the nipple, and sucked her pink tip into a red bud. Curious, he sank his teeth into her other nipple.

She mewled and clenched her inner muscles around him. She liked a little pain.

Lust and the need to breed her made him tilt her hips so he could fuck her that little bit deeper

Azar panted as a full body flush spread over her skin. Her breasts bounced wildly as he rode her hard.

She was beautiful in the throes of passion, and in chains pinned beneath him, as she took him. A warm sensation built in his chest, full of passion, adoration, and protective instincts. Love. It was the manifestation of his love for her. The bond snapped into place.

Magic broke away from his soul and flowed into her as he came deep into her.

Her eyes widened, startled alertness breaking through the half-trance she'd been in. "What's happening?"

Fechin could only guess what his soul felt like as it created life within her. It was too soon to explain. "Sleep, Azar."

Her eyes closed, and her breathing evened out.

He remained inside her and placed a palm over her abdomen.

With any luck, she'd think that encounter was a dream, and he could introduce her to her new life properly when she woke.

Fechin pulled out of her and cleaned between her legs. Releasing and massaging her wrists and ankles, he tucked her under the covers. He'd done what was necessary, but a small part of him couldn't help wondering if he should have done it differently. He didn't have the luxury of months to convince her.

He kissed her forehead and moved to the balcony, eyes going to where he could still make out the shimmer in the sky. A streak of red, gold, and orange traveled across the blue expanse. He shook his head. Nothing good would come of these rifts. Too many things could pass through.

With the veil between worlds thinning in multiple places, Fae needed a king to protect it, and to become king, he needed an heir. He glanced toward his bed, where Azar slept.

The spark of magic between them tonight had started life inside her. Pregnancy with raven babes didn't last as long as a typical Fae pregnancy. In five months, he would be crowned king. He had to hope he could hold Fae together that much longer.