All Comments on 'The Reception'

by BenLong

Sort by:
  • 15 Comments
ArtArtabout 17 years ago
Fun at weedings

I really liked this one. Aren't weddings (weedings) fun? And a good time was had by all - some more than others. Think I will have to look up some more of BenLong's writings.

BOSTONFICTIONWRITERBOSTONFICTIONWRITERabout 17 years ago
Reading this is like having sex

Reading that story was like having sex, Ben. It was slow foreplay leading to hot passion.

This story is, yet, another hot one.

I felt like I was there at the reception experiencing you with her. Then, I felt like I was there watching you have your way with her and she with you.

Nice job.

HikergirlHikergirlabout 17 years ago
Loved the build up

Thanks for a great story.

raconteuseraconteuseabout 12 years ago
Gorgeous!

This is so seductively lovely, and oh my, the lyrical language that simply carries you along with it. A dream of a piece, and like a dream, one hopes that there are others in reality. The writing is pure delight. Thank you so much.

sleeplessgurlsleeplessgurlabout 12 years ago
One of the best

I must agree wholeheartedly with Raconteuse. This is my favourite of your stories that I've read so far. The description in the beginning firmly grounds the reader in the physical setting as well as the atmosphere created by the bustling preparations for the party. You make it so easy for the reader to imagine being there.

Then the attraction, building inevitably to the conclusion, was beautifully done.

Your language in this one is poetical and, yes, indeed lyrical, with a lovely cadence that carries the reader along for such a sweet and enjoyable ride.

Bravo!

sun_sea_skysun_sea_skyover 11 years ago
Very good, very believable

Lovely build-up. I wonder what became of them all in the end? We'll just have to guess, huh? ...

ThreeDayThreeDayover 11 years ago
How now?

How have I just discovered you here? I'm just starting through your list of stories and everyone is a delight. I look forward to a leisurely, private reading of each offering. Thank you. In "The Reception" you captured the setting and the ephemeral, fleeting delight of fantasy meeting reality, then suddenly, memory being the only verification that something ever happened. A little detail of the fervent nature of their coupling -- he had very little to do to become completely dressed -- emphasized with laboring the point how heated and frantic they had been.

TheNextGuyTheNextGuyabout 10 years ago

This was a great read. It's too bad that everything was over so suddenly, but I guess that was the intention of the story. Thanks for sharing!

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
better

Sometimes it is better this way. I one time coupling, where people could get hurt even though there is no chance of a repeat, is better to have no names to repeat in an inopportune moment. No talking in his sleep and no identities to use to hurt one another. Having sex on a rock doesn't sound very satisfying, but I guess when I was younger I did it in worse places and had fun. Sex on a beach makes great movies, but sand gets in some uncomfortable places. Sounds like a good husband just had a one time fling while his wife was too busy for him. Being dragged to an event and left alone is no fun. Good tale.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
grammar

too = to

you're = your

BenLongBenLongabout 6 years agoAuthor
Et Tu, Brute?

Writing and seeing what you wrote is so difficult; you see what you want to see, not to see what you really wrote. I can't say how many times I've written a story, only to come back weeks later and say to myself "My God - I wrote THAT? I know the difference between They're, Their, and There. I know the difference between To, Too, and Two. (or between my favorite cringer: shudder and shutter. Check out SexySecretWriters list of common errors) And so I must have really screwed the pooch on this one; but it was a while ago - so I thought I'd check.

I reread the story from front cover to back and didn't see either error.

Using spell check I found that I used these:

"TO" 122 times, 122 times correctly

"TOO", once, used correctly

"YOUR", 12 times, correctly

"YOU'RE" 4 times, 3 times correctly. And so I have corrected the last line of this short section where I used "you're" all four times:

My god, you're beautiful".

"It's been a long time since someone said that to me." Her whisper, as mine, only loud enough for me to hear.

"I love looking at you. Your hair. Your face." I'd been looking over her head, but as I looked down, I was looking between her breasts, her cleavage begging me to look. I felt my cock stir, but there was nothing I could do. "Your breasts are beautiful." Shit, I suddenly realized I was out of control. "I'm sorry."

She giggled. "You're drunk."

"I think I am. But you're still beautiful. And sexy. And so are you're breasts."

To this:

"I think I am. But you're still beautiful. And sexy. And so are your breasts."

Which leads to point number 2. All I can conclude is that you saw something that was "Too" and thought should have been "to", or "to" that you thought should have been "too", however I can't see it too. Or should I say also?

But if you can point out exactly the line, I'd be glad to correct it.

All in fun - writing is fun, but hard work, and as I say, nothing like coming back in a week or 52 and seeing what is really their, rather than what you thought was they're.

BenLong

LenardSpencerLenardSpencerover 5 years ago
Great answer to Anonymous "Grammar" comment

In a past life I was a book editor and, damn it all, when I read Literotica stories, all the errors just leap out at me. Ha. I didn't pick up any in this story so I agree completely with your comment reply to Anon.

Great story and well written. Reminded me of some personal experiences when I "wore a younger man's clothes".

dottie86dottie86over 4 years ago
Sexy as hell

I loved this! Sexy.....sexy...….sexy....it brought back a great memory of my time in the Marine Corps, later in my career, and with a young gorgeous female Marine at our birthday ball......a memory that will last my lifetime and brought RIGHT BACK with your story!

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

You need to write a story reuniti g the two

Marklynda2Marklynda24 months ago

Two ships banging in the night! A very well thought out and written story. I definitely look forward to reading more of your work. I appreciate your and your Muse's imagination (memories?) and abilities to bring it to your story. Thank you for sharing your vision and talents.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userBenLong@BenLong
1461 Followers
Started writing as submissions on the old Voyeurweb.com bulletin boards. Found I had a bit of a knack for stories that people like, and just continued. I love to hear back from readers when they like a story, or with story ideas, suggestions, or just discussions on anything.