All Comments on 'The Red Ledger Vol. 02'

by LT56linebacker

Sort by:
  • 46 Comments
sbrooks103sbrooks103almost 3 years ago

He was "Shawn" in the first story, now he's "Sean?"

GrimmerGrimmeralmost 3 years ago

A good morning chuckle with court it's always a great way to start a day.

Thanks!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

And now, after the near-identical first two postings, we have this actual follow-up. Sorry, folks, we're still in the land of 5. I'm glad the Lit powers-that-be allowed this, and in fact also the other two, to be posted in LW, rather than in romance, which technically at least today's posting probably belongs. Short but sweet, and less an actual sequel than an extension of the epilogue, but why quibble. This is one of the happier places on earth, so well worth a repeat visit.

GamblnluckGamblnluckalmost 3 years ago

Nice love story, but I don't think you needed to fill in any details for the original story.. 5 stars

mattenwmattenwalmost 3 years ago

Nice addition to your story. I really liked your characters!

26thNC26thNCalmost 3 years ago

What? A real loving wives story. I enjoyed that one.

LT56linebackerLT56linebackeralmost 3 years agoAuthor

I need to apologize somewhat. I did screw up Shawn's name-I blame his future mother-in-law. As far as the duplicate postings, I don't know. They have done this on a couple of my stories. Sorry. Just read one of each. Thanks for the comments, both good and not so good. I have fairly thick skin. (Bear, remember??)

The BEAR

Demosthenes384bcDemosthenes384bcalmost 3 years ago

I didn't expect the second part but it was a nice addition to the original. I would have liked another page of their start of their marriage and the baby they would share, but I'll take what I'll get. 5*

WetheNorthWetheNorthalmost 3 years ago
I liked it

But, then I am a sucker for happy endings

enderlocke77enderlocke77almost 3 years ago

? what the hell was this? hmm weird was this a part 2 to something?

iameaseliameaselalmost 3 years ago

Nice story, while I generally am not a fan, I'll admit this worked quite well.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

Seemed to simple to be the ending, not sure it was necessary.

LakeeriegoatguyLakeeriegoatguyalmost 3 years ago

Good follow up to the story, but strangely, there is no mention of Stephanie's parents. Surely they would want to be part of their grandson's life...

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

Cute and romantic, but what did it add to the original? We still know almost nothing about the dead slut and what made her such a cheating cold hearted monster. I've never lived with one, but I've met a few. They are about as hard to spot as a Harlem Globe Trotter at a midget show. So how did this sensitive compassionate generous man court this fungus of a first wife and not know what a disease she was? Nice guys don't finish last, stupid guys do.

So it was kind of quaint, but had no real drama or compelling story to tell. Still, thanks for the effort.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago
Well

I'm not sure what there is for some to whine about, the story was good and delightful. Full marks from me.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

Great story. I love it when Celeste says, MY SON. Truly, he is, that's why her name is MOMMY! Anybody can birth a baby, it takes a special woman to be named MOMMY. Please write another part or two...

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

Is he Shawn or Sean? Still, great story. Thanks

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

It's "know THY enemy" not know thine enemy. Also you need to chose: SHAWN or SEAN, which is it?

chytownchytownalmost 3 years ago

****Cute ending thanks for sharing.

Lawrie1941Lawrie1941almost 3 years ago

You have the basis of a really good tale but you need a good editor to drag it into shape. I like your ideas but your style needs work.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

well that's just cookie-cutter awful. you sir, have done your talent a huge dis-service.

brian_scoobybrian_scoobyover 2 years ago

Nice... very nice. Would like many chapters about this family. So many directions for you to explore. Thanks

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

A little soapy don't you think.

Karn9Karn9over 2 years ago

Good one laughed all the way through 5*

Ocker53Ocker53over 2 years ago

Made me smile so that makes it 5 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️

GumpershnickalGumpershnickalover 2 years ago

How does the Granddaughter not now that the grandfather owns the company...that's just silly.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Nice, very nice, but again I say to 'gumpersnickal', get your money back. Yoju're due a refund. LP

LT56linebackerLT56linebackerover 2 years agoAuthor

O.K., I have reread it a couple of times, researching for part 3 and I'm tired of some of the comments. But I am also the Bear. and my hide is rather thick, so not too much bothers me. GRANDPA owns the company. But he is a machinist, first and foremost. He started a nice little company, and it took off. He picked some decent guys to run it. HE wants to be a machinist. Dad is a stand-up guy who deserves his job. End of story.

And Mrs. Bear re-read part 1. She is a retired L/D and pediatrics nurse. Also the mother of five. She told me if at 6 months pregnant she delivered a 6 and a half lb. baby, she would have cut my balls off and there wouldn't be any more children.

Thanks for letting me vent. Part 3 is coming. After all, these are sex stories. (HEH, HEH, HEH)

The BEAR

6King6Kingabout 2 years ago

⭐⭐⭐⭐-1/2

dgfergiedgfergieabout 2 years ago

Al these stories need a fun in them along with the turmoil and this one is filling the bill!

Schwanze1Schwanze1about 2 years ago

Enjoyed it it but, what turned her mom around so quick?

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Delightful!

I wish I could have found a woman like that!

jflindersjflindersalmost 2 years ago

Nice story.

One thing I didn't care for, believing characters have to be consistent enough for the story to be rational, was Samantha's turnaround. So far as I could see it was unexplained, sudden and gave the feeling that she had been replaced by a completely different person.

nightdragon1nightdragon1almost 2 years ago

Loved it.,.,In the same vein and style as Saddletramp.

oldtwitoldtwitover 1 year ago

This was a much better read, it has hardly any missing bits, still say that you need to take a break before posting have a good reread, spot your own mistakes and correct them it would make for so much better reading

AnonymousAnonymous10 months ago

I agree with the below. I have twice written the author and offered corrective suggestion

He's very talented but needs to clean up grammar and temporal/plot error- some are glaring.

I want to aske that more of us write him to support him with these corrective suggestion. I KEPT MY INPUT VERY POSITIVE.

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

Sorry, can't be bothered to read Vol 3 :(

Diecast1Diecast17 months ago

I like the story so far. Will read the next chapter to how it goes. AAAA++++

RanDog025RanDog0254 months ago

Excellent story! Thanks. Worthy of 5 BIG ASS STARS!

joesijoesi3 months ago

But it's only 7:00 p.m.!!" I said.

=> don’t get it either, why are they early to bed, and almost missed church the next day?

LT56linebackerLT56linebacker3 months agoAuthor

OH, COME ON!!! They're young, and in love. Tell me you were being sarcastic.

The BEAR

NitpicNitpic3 months ago
Noway

If her brother is in Ethiopia there is no way she can talk to him five or six times a week.How come Shawn knows nothing about her family?.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userLT56linebacker@LT56linebacker
I am a mature (read old) gentleman. I have been married for 49 1/2 years, and have 5 children, and 10 grandchildren. I live and die with the New York Giants. I am a big Yankees fan. I am also a Vietnam veteran. It's now 50 years. (She decided to renew my option.) I apologize...