The Red Moon's Power 05: End & Begining

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"Are you sure you want to remain here Leila? You could help with the food or something..." She asked her friend.

"I would just be in the way. The only reason I would go was if he'd...." she decided not to finish that statement.

"...If Kobe would ask you to go, right?" Saori finished for her. Leila said nothing but her red face answered the question.

"What would a hunter want with someone like me?" She said while helping secure another horse.

"Don't sell yourself short. If you want the man take him." She winked.

"Take him?"

"Yup, sneak into his tent, slip under his covers and pounce on him like a starving Hyena."

"Saori!" Leila couldn't believe Saori would suggest that. "I'm not a pleasure cat yet you know."

"So? What's that got to do with it? Just make it so he can't live without you and you'll never have to become a pleasure cat."

"....And what if he really doesn't want me?" She asked

"You don't have to worry about that." Saori reassured her.

Late that very night Kobe did a last minute supply check before returning to his tent. They would leave in the morning and head for his home. He was cranky and annoyed with himself and with Leila. He had looked for her for nearly an hour before giving up. He wanted to ask her to come with him but it seems it wouldn't happen. He waited to damn long and it was his own fucking fault, again! He sighed, finished up his work, and entered his tent. What he found there was not what he expected.

Sleeping naked, wearing only the soft furs that covered her tan skin was Leila, and sweet Jesus it was a sight. She was curled up with her bare legs wrapped tightly around the furs giving him a perfect view of her naked ass. He let out a small moan before approaching her. He shouldn't do anything stupid, he told himself. Just wake her up....he thought. When he went to touch her however all reason left his head. Her skin was smooth and silky to the touch and when she let out a soft sigh it struck a nerve. He slid under the furs and pinned her under him. He started nibbling on the arch of her neck; she moaned and wrapped her legs around him. He growled, pulled her closer and nipped at her ear.

Leila woke up gasping for air. She had waited for Kobe for so long she had fallen asleep and now here she was in his arms.

"What, Kobe?" She asked sleepily

"Who else would it be?" He answered, kissing her slowly.

"I was waiting for you to come back." She said in a moan. He moved down her neck to her breasts where he paid them extra attention.

"Funny, I was looking for you earlier." He said against her skin. "Come with me"

"What?" She sat up, pushing him back. He groaned in response.

"Damn it woman lay back down so I can enjoy you." He complained.

"Wait, what did you say before?"

"I want you to come with me when we leave tomorrow and now I am not taking no for an answer; especially with you in my bed like this." He slid his hands between her thighs and spread them apart.

"Are you sure?" She asked between gasps.

"Your mine, woman, and there's nothing you can do to say otherwise." He pulled off his jeans while talking to her and sat back down. "Now come here." A smile grew on her face and she jumped into his arms laughing. "Now that's better." He said before kissing her.

The next day the Jaguari clan was on its way with Shinai, Gale, and Kobe leading the way. Shinai only hoped Aiden had succeeded in talking to the Lepari as well.

-------------

Meanwhile back at the Tigaree clan Fallin had his hands full. His hunters were setting up more campsites and gathering more food while he was dealing with Hawkens. The man was insane.

"You can't be serious, if you do this you'll die for sure Hawkens; its suicide." They were looking over the map of Galna, concentrating on the exits and lower tunnels.

"Look I know it's dangerous, but it's the only plan with the absolute certainty of success. Beside's I have a 10 percent chance of survival, which I might say is rather nice considering when I had the idea it was at 0 percent."

"You are insane! Shinai would never allow this." Fallin argued.

"That is why she won't know. When the time comes and you see the Sentari retreating into the city you evacuate everyone, you get them as far away as possible." He stared the Hunter down with more strength then any human had possessed. "I won't take anything else but a "yes I understand" as an answer."

".... I understand." Fallin was forced to agree. He knew they did not have any other options.

Just as they were finishing up, one of Fallin's men came in to report the Lepari had arrived and that Aiden was not with them. Fallin went out to great their new allies. One of the hunters that he had sent with Aiden approached. Herrow was the hunters name if he remembered correctly.

"Herrow, excellent work." He braced the man in a hug.

"Thank you sir, but I should warn you we had to make a promise with the Lepari Head for their aid, we had not known what it was until Aiden told us before he left...." He turned to the Lepari clan....both men and women were preparing for the upcoming war.

"Alright, what was it that you promised them?" Fallin asked.

"........ You would claim their female Head to be your mate and unite the two clans...."

"Wait, What?! Oh for the love of god..." Fallin put his head in his hand and sighed. Out of all the men in the Tigaree clan, Fallin was the only one not interested in finding a mate. He had too much shit to do and did not have time for the whims of a woman. "Fine, where is this woman?"

"She is waiting for you in your tent Sir..." Waren said lowly.

Fallin did not wait for anything else and turned to find the damn woman. Who in their right mind would want to become the mate of someone they never met before? He entered his tent and froze. The woman was tall and lanky, with warm dark skin, bright blue eyes, and long red brown hair tied in a ponytail at the nape if her neck. He had to admit she was a looker.

"You are the Head Hunter here, yes?" She asked in a thick accent.

"Yes I am, Miss ...?"

"Nora." She answered.

"Right, Miss Nora, I am Fallin. It's nice to meet you. Now before you ask, I was told the promise that was made to you and before I say anything else I would like to know why you wish to become the mate of a stranger?"

"Because the Katsari clans should not remain separate like they are. Divided we are weak; together we are strong, yes?" She said.

"....True enough."

Nora looked the Tigaree Head up and down. He was slimmer then the others but still nowhere near scrawny. He was all hunter. His skin was darker and his hair was longer but he was definitely Tigaree. The man possessed mental skills that terrified even her. From the moment he had entered his hut she had been trying to read him without success. His mind was like a blank wall. Between that and his striking appearance she found her decision to make him her mate much more enticing.

"How is the word from the Jaguari?" she asked him.

"We don't know just yet, hopefully just as successful." He stated, sitting directly across from her. He found himself focusing on her and her alone and he didn't like it. He had Hawkens to worry about after all. "Are the Lepari preparations almost complete?" He asked her.

"Yes we are ready...but do you think we really have a chance?" She asked wearily.

"Honestly... we'll need a miracle...but it just so happens I have someone working on just that."

A few weeks latter Shinai and the Jaguari arrived. Many were beyond bewildered at all the strong males, but Tigaree and Lepari. By this time Hawken's plan was complete, he just preyed it would be enough.

- - - - - - - - - - - - -

In under a week the Katsari were heading for the Forbidden Forrest, led by both Kai and Yu. Without them, they would never make it to the Waren.

Kai was overwhelmed. She was returning to Leon, Oh god she could see him again. She was practically running towards the forest. She knew they wouldn't be able to reach him fast enough. Yu walked right beside her, just as eager to reach Bailey, when they arrived at the Forests entrance she blew Bailey's whistle, eager to see him again. When they entered the forest, the large war party grew worried. Only the small group that came with Shinai had any experience with these woods and not even Fallin liked it.

"Will this really work?" He asked Hawk.

"God I hope so..."

Meanwhile back at the Waren village, Bailey and the others were in chaos. A few weeks ago the Sentari had attempted to burn down the Forest near the city, infuriating all of the Fairiee to the point of madness and the Waren were forced to play peacemakers. Bailey was so preoccupied, he did not hear Yu's whistle.

"What the hell are we going to do? They've been like this for days?" Shane yelled over the angry mob. They wanted War and frankly speaking, the Waren were ready to let them go.

"If they do what they want it could very well be the end of this forest." Bailey yelled back. "Have you seen Leon?" He asked. Shane shook his head no.

"Ever since he was dumped he's been all sulky and annoying." He called back. J forced his way through the mob.

"Shane I'll take over, your Mrs. is calling you." J told him. Shane grinned. He definitely liked Tao being referred to as his Mrs., he quickly made his way to her.

"Lucky S.O.B" J muttered before turning to the angry Fairiee.

"Yeah.....Lucky" Bailey agreed, thinking of Yu.

Elsewhere, deeper into the forest, Leon and a few others were doing their best to repair the damage those Sentari bastards caused. He had been moping ever since Kai left and he hated it. Damn it the woman had him wrapped around her fingers. For years he had been alone, empty...he was able to live through it because he had ever known what it was like...to be happy, to be with someone. Now he was alone again and it was killing him. He was starting to hate his own brothers to such an intensity he would have to leave to keep from doing something he'd regret. God he missed her. Leon groaned as he cleared out the burnt debris of trees and plants. The moment space was free, living plants and roots spread and grew. He muttered and cursed the air she breathed.

Back at the village word finally reached Bailey and the others of a large army entering the woods. The Fairiee were ready to strike them down, angry at yet another intrusion but word reached the Warren that the army was Katsari, the moment Bailey heard he was off running. He didn't even care that she didn't call him to her. She was back!

-------------

Back at Katsari front, the large army was forced to stop for the night, stopping to make camp and work out the night shifts. Both Kai and Yu were furious that they stopped. And they didn't mind sharing it.

"Why are we stopping? We're so close!" Both Yu and Kai said together

"Take a chill pill" Nora replied as she unloaded another tent. "You'll get there soon enough." Both women groaned as a reply. Just as both women sat down a small commotion came up from ahead.

"What's going on? Nora asked Shinai as she joined them.

"An Old friends back, Yu, maybe you should go check it out?" She suggested with a wink.

"Why? What does it matter?" she muttered.

Shinai rolled her eyes. "Just go!"

"Fine" She sighed and walked over to the crowd. A moment later a large squeal of joy was heard from the same direction. Shinai just smiled.

The moment Yu saw Bailey she jumped him. Throwing him completely off balance and smothering him with kisses. God she loved him.

"You bastard, you jerk, you moron. I'll never forgive you for letting me leave." She muttered and cursed as she drowned him with kisses. Those around them looked on with confusion. Bailey sat back and enjoyed the feel of her.

"It's nice to see you too baby." He muttered between kisses. "So what's with the crowd? Not that I don't mind putting on a show."

"We're going to attack the Sentari..." Kai answered him. "is Leon with you?" She looked around eagerly.

"Nah, Leon's been going off on his own a lot lately, especially since the Sentari attempted their attack on the forest." He muttered against Yu's lips.

"What?! The Sentari attacked here?" Ruma asked them. Talon stood beside her, listening silently.

"Yeah, attempted to anyways. The Fairiee were really pissed. They want war too." He answered. "Yu, babe, easy." He laughed as she started to nibble on his neck.

"Will these Fairiee join us?" Fallin asked him.

"Yeah if the Warren do. If you get the ok from the elders your good to go." With that Bailey stood up with Yu in his arms. "Now I'm here for my mate." He winked at them before disappearing into the woods.

"Well more allies would be good and that means you'll get to see Leon again Kai" Shinai turned around to face her friend but stared at another's face. "Kai?"

Kai was running towards Leon. She could smell him in the air and she couldn't wait any longer. She needed him. She had long passed her week of heat but the separation was far to painful. She wanted to reach him at all costs. When she finally found him he was asleep under a burnt dream willow. The tree was so damage that it did nothing to the prey beneath it. She was barely able to breath again. She moved forward, crawling down on all four's toward him, careful not to disturb his sleeping.. She curled up against his sleeping form, desperate for his warmth. It was not long before she fell asleep.

-------------

Leon was dreaming about her again. God damn it but even in his dreams she was making him miserable. He could feel her soft curves, her warm skin, and her sweet breath. Damn it, it was killing him. He had deliberately slept under this blasted tree to eat his dreams. Damaged Dream Willows ate dreams to recover but this stupid thing was probably well passed salvation. He forced himself awake knowing if stayed asleep it would only get worse. When he opened his eyes however, he thought he was still dreaming. He had to still be dreaming. He blinked, she was still there. He blinked again...no change. He stared down at her in disbelief, afraid to move. She moaned and opened her eyes slowly. When they focused on him a brilliant smile spread over her face.

"Leon..."

"Well this is a surprise" He spoke harshly. He hated the fact that he could not forgive her.

"......." She sat up, her face showed a hurt, painful expression. "Your not happy to see me?" She whispered in an almost panicked voice.

"Not particularly, would you be happy to see the one who betrayed you?" He replied.

"I didn't betray you! I came back as soon as I could!" She was begging him, pleading him to forgive her.

"You leaving was the betrayal Kai, you not even telling me was even worse!" He forced her away from him and got up. "You wanted your revenge so much you chose it over me, that's not something I will forgive."

"Wait, please! Don't walk away from me!!"

"Maybe it's time you learn how it feels, hm? To watch the one person you want in your life walk away from you." He stood with his back to her, he couldn't look at her. He had missed her so much. When she came back he could have cried....all right he never cries but he came pretty damn close. The moment she opened her eyes though, all the bitterness, all the anger swelled up in him.

"Go back to your revenge Kai, it's what you wanted all along. I have work to do here."

".....I..... I understand. I'll go..." She barely whispered the words as she got up. "....will you ever forgive me?..." She asked, desperate for any hope.

"....I don't know...honestly I really don't think I can." He said truthfully. Behind him he heard her whimper and cry before running off.

"Bastard...she came back and you do this to her?...why can't I just let it go..."

Back at the camp the Katsari had met up with the Warren. Shinai had met with the council members and the Fairiee representatives. The Fairiee wanted blood. The Warren wanted peace again. Neither wanted the Sentari here any longer. Outside the talks Fallin was still trying to persuade Hawkens away from his plans.

"There has to be another way Hawk...Shinai and Aiden will never forgive me for allowing this and you know it." Fallin pleaded. Hawk burst out laughing.

"Since when are you afraid of them? Fallin you and I both know it's our only shot. Shall we go over it again?" He asked his new friend.

"....one more time...maybe it won't sound a bad..." He muttered. Praying he had heard wrong.

"The Fairiee will draw the Sentari out of the capital, then the Katsari and Warren forces will strike. While that battle is going on I'll sneak back into the waterways me and Aiden had used to escape and work my magic. Then I'll use this little baby.." He held up a voice recorder which held a recording of Lu's voice singing. "...to draw those music loving reptiles back into the capital and then I blow it all to kingdom come."

"....I was right the first time, your insane. To make this work someone still needs to be in the city..."

"That would be me."

"Hawk..."

"We won't win otherwise. Look just don't tell anyone. When you hear the music coming from the city, that will be the queue for you to get everyone as far away as possible. You'll only have 5 minutes before everything goes off."

"Hawkens...god help you on this..."

To be continued...

Ok so it has been a few months....I'm sorry. Well the good news is...I am almost done with the red moon series. I am still open to suggestions but as of right now I know exactly where I am going with this...Yeah this one was long and mushy...sorry but it had to happen sooner or later. I'm a mushy kinda girl n.~ I hope you all enjoyed it! Duzzel