All Comments on 'The Red Phone'

by Regguy69

Sort by:
  • 46 Comments
Boyd PercyBoyd Percy7 months ago

Enjoyable story!

5

JonnyRegJonnyReg7 months ago

Kind of a weird story. Nothing really happens. The conflict is immediately resolved and yet the story keeps going. It seemed more like a PSA or a school educational film on the dangers of not being honest.

johntcookseyjohntcooksey7 months ago

Well told short tale with a cast of refreshingly decent characters. A premise apt for a couple based TV sitcom like ‘Big Bang’ or ‘Friends’. Thanks much.

GeneralUrsusGeneralUrsus7 months ago

Well written, wasn't just sex with a story wrapped around it.

someoneothersomeoneother7 months ago

If the proposed dinner with Brad had been innocent, why had Amber not invited Joan to that dinner? What was Joan going to be doing Saturday night by herself?

demanderdemander7 months ago

I enjoyed this. I kept waiting for the hammer to fall. I was happy when it didn't. (Yet.) D

Tx77TumbleweedTx77Tumbleweed7 months ago

I enjoyed this , although a woman who shows a man exactly what he wants to see can fool him almost every time. I wonder if he got curious enough to ask Joan any questions or accepted her explanation blindly. The new passcode made me think “where there is smoke there is fire” down to the end.

JustOneMansOpinionJustOneMansOpinion7 months ago

I enjoyed it. Honesty is key to every good relationship. Secrets and lies no matter how small can destroy trust. Assuming someone else's good intentions is a very big mistake and likely to end badly.

Mibal_ZahariMibal_Zahari7 months ago

These types of stories always have me shaking my head. If I found myself locked out my wife's phone because she changed the password on it without telling me, I'd immediately file for divorce. Marriage is about trust. If she is hiding her activities from me it is because they do not pass the husband test. There is no such thing as privacy within a marriage. When one of the spouses invoke that, it is not in the other's best interests and time to split to sheets.

MattblackUKMattblackUK7 months ago

He saved her from herself. rad would have tried and maybe succeeded. 5*

AnonymousAnonymous7 months ago

I would still have a DNA test done on the on the kids. Espafter what shexwas keeping from her husband.

Pappy7Pappy77 months ago

Nice story, easy read. But I'm not sure I would believe her about her other trips. I don't have much faith in coincidences, they seem to take a lot of planning and women, one and all, can tell when a relationship moves up a notch or two. To take a chance like that with her marriage she had to be willing to risk it all over the ex co-worker.

AnonymousAnonymous7 months ago

Sorry, I don't buy it.

Maybe being discovered made her rethink, but the narrative doesn't add up.

She claims that she honestly didn't see what Brad was doing.

Either she was naive to Brad's intentions, in which case the impact of those messages would have been lost on her, or she was hiding things from her husband.

And she was.

If her habit was to keep a long-term password, it's a deliberate act to change it to a new, unfamiliar one. But she changed it.

She was even skittish at the store when she had to divulge it.

She was conscious that she was being deceitful.

She never mentioned Brad, never mentioned a late dinner. She gave her husband an alternative story so she could keep her secret.

There is no way that she was not cognitive of Brad's intent, otherwise she would have let hubby know instead of hiding it.

And if there was ever a true statement, it's this: women are more attuned to deceptive conduct than men. They read between the lines better. They know what you are thinking, more than men do.

And they are better at deceit.

I don't believe her.

Maybe being discovered was a timely wake-up call.

Maybe it was the impetus to end an affair she had conducted over her previous visits.

Or maybe, she has just been not careful going forward.

Any of those choices seem more likely to me than the narrative.

GardenshedGardenshed7 months ago

Good short story. Thanks for writing.

Tomh1966Tomh19667 months ago

I liked it. 5 for being different.

silverthorne16silverthorne167 months ago

Kind of anticlimatic

ImNotanAnonImNotanAnon7 months ago

someoneother's conspiracy theories aside, a good, solid tale of a couple talking and working through an issue before it becomes a marriage ender.

AnonymousAnonymous7 months ago

He is far more trusting than I. I would have said cancel the trip, if Brad is part of the company I would say change jobs, if the trip could not be canceled I would be attending. Trust was broken and he so easily just fell into line and now wants kids. It would be YEARS before I would want kids in that marriage. Each one means a support check later on to some other guy in her life to spend my money.

muskyboymuskyboy7 months ago

Didn't believe Amber. Too many lies, why would he trust her after she lied to him?

BSreaderBSreader7 months ago
Nice

Ending I how the husband handled the situation head on no pussyfooting around.

Demosthenes384bcDemosthenes384bc7 months ago

Good story but it would have been more "fun" if when she was modeling her lingerie he saw Brad in the reflection of a mirror - LOL! 4.3*

HarddaysknightHarddaysknight7 months ago

Nice story. It was real, yet entertaining.

BigBlueKatBigBlueKat7 months ago

Husband was classic wimp and easily manipulated. 1*

MissMudMissMud7 months ago

An astute, observant husband. Her actions and intent was devious, but he was smart enough and determined enough to save his marriage.

AnonymousAnonymous7 months ago

I'll wager that 100% of these fools who scream about MC forgiving his wife are damaged beyond repair. First, it's a freakin' FICTIONAL story. These characters exist digitally as 1s and 0s. Second, they're probably irreparably damaged and probably mistrust everyone, especially themselves. If they cannot see the upside of this cautionary tale, they need to stop reading, period. Sad, really.

sbrooks103xsbrooks103x7 months ago

"her tongue lashed my glands" - The word is "glans."

\

"I don't know any Private Detectives" - Few people do, the look them up on Google.

\

"but I know she is still working to regain my trust." - After three years?!

\

I'm not totally buying it. She changes her passcode and is nervous that he's picking up on it. She's planning a "late dinner" with an old boyfriend without telling her husband. I wouldn't be surprised to find out that Brad was out of camera range watching her, and that they fucked right after, and that's why she wanted to "try" for a baby right away, just in case Brad knocked her up.

Wandering_MongolWandering_Mongol7 months ago

Thank you! This was fun.

-

Be well!

AnonymousAnonymous7 months ago

Communication! Gotta have it!

26thNC26thNC7 months ago

Really good story. I enjoy reading about men who don’t hesitate to confront the wife head on. He screwed up Brad’s plans completely. This one had no cuck, so Ic69 won’t like it. I gave you a *5 for him.

AnonymousAnonymous7 months ago

Epilogue: The stupid sissy wimp cuck never realized that as soon as she pulled the wool over his eyes she was in Brad's room fucking his brains out and continued to do so for many years. No woman plans a late night dinner out of town with just a friend. She planned on fucking him the whole time and she did. He is the dad of both Amber's children. Didn't have to be a BTB, but creating such a stupid husband made the story a complete waste of time.

SexecutionerSexecutioner7 months ago

Total bullshit about not fucking Brad. Slut used sex to manipulate the simp, then when caught used the cheaters handbook of excuses to pacify the moron.

AnonymousAnonymous7 months ago

Good story. No elaborate schemes. He went right up and confronted her. She did not appear to hesitate or deceive. And actually seme4d to see it from his viewpoint. She made a mistake but she did not intend to cheat. But she might have put herself in a bad situation. It took 3+ years to rebuild trust. Good luck, clean story. I suspect that he did some elctronic snooping a la Find Phone app and going through her phone, checking for texts. Not foolproof but between that and her excitement at having kids and having two in three years, he felt secure. Hopefully that works out 12-15 years later. Hard to truly erase doubt. He had to step forward and be willing to give his trust ot her. Otherwise it woukd be a scar on their marriage.

Omart57Omart577 months ago

Good job, RG! Loved it, Thank You!

AnonymousAnonymous7 months ago

A solid four even though there are lingering doubts about her story. The change of passcode, the secret dinner, the previous trips to Denver all add up to no good and any woman who has ever dealt with men on any level would have been in absolutely no doubt as to the conclusion Brad was hoping for.

JimQ2JimQ27 months ago

Liked the story. For those of you who don't like it, let's see you write something better.

AnonymousAnonymous7 months ago

Two spouses having separate private telephone passwords is suspicious, and very very stupid. Can you not imagine when you might Need to use your spouse's phone? How about the simple case where you have misplaced your phone, your spouse is sleeping or visiting a neighbor and her phone is sitting right there. So you use her phone to call your phone and thereby located your misplaced phone; simple.

\

But how about a major emergency? You come out of the shower and you can hear your wife confronting an intruder in the living room of your house. Your phone was left in the dining room but your wife's phone is sitting on an end table in the bedroom where you are standing. How you gonna call 911, you can't even open the phone? There's many other examples. If your spouse insists on separate private phone passwords you better start looking for a reason. You probably won't like the answer.

JAFCritic3JAFCritic37 months ago

I enjoy this type of storyline. He finds something that he doesn’t expect, sees something that raises red flags. The part I find interesting is that she did very right if the intent is to have an affair. I actually ran a little scene in my head where the husband was talking to Joan and she’s trying to convince him that nothing is going on. I pictured him going through his reasoning and then telling her that Amber did everything right if her intentions were to have an affair. At that, Joan would not have a comeback and so make Amber look more guilty.

Now don’t get me wrong. I liked this story and how the ending was written. Just at a key moment in the story, my mind went into a different direction than the author

shvg65shvg657 months ago

Amber is having sex with Brad, later after the fashion show, they will be playing load the torpedo.

ibuguseribuguser7 months ago

Good story and no shvg65, if the author says they didn't have sex, then they didn't have sex.

He wrote the story, I believe.

xtc5xtc57 months ago

Thanks for a wonderful story. I look forward to your future tales.

AnonymousAnonymous7 months ago

"i haven't been with anyone since we got engaged". What about before? Whore wife alert.

AnonymousAnonymous6 months ago

To the prior commenter, she said: "I haven't been with anyone but you since before we got engaged."

=====> did you miss the "since before"? Chill. That being said a polygraph and/or some counseling about trust and perception is in order. Who knows hoe far the ex boyfriend in Denver would have tried to get her into bed. Drugs, heavy drinking?? It seems clear by her reaction that she had zero intention for sex with the asshole but setting up a late night dinner and spending an extra night in Denver to see an ex boyfriend is a real problem. Yes she coukd see it from if it was the reverse, but she is clearly more than a little naive, yet she allowed the flirting texts. By not shutting the asshole down, clearly he thought he had a shot. Fortunately thr MC read all her texts to him and him to her and saw that she never flirted back. But to the polygraph would help to restore trust faster and counseling to helper her realize the gravity of her actions and lie by omission and make her grow out of her naivete. Can't be too careful with possible predators.

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

Sneaky Amber didnt have zero intention to cheat with her ex, she hid her contact with him and was meeting him in secret and having a late dinner in a different city, her ex is not the problem she is for not saying no to anything Brad wanted and hiding it all from her husband, Amber needs to take responsibilty for betraying her husband.

AnonymousAnonymous2 months ago

Lol at the commenters who want to write their own story. Author made it clear that Amber had zero intent of cheating on her husband and merely saw Brad as a "good guy" who made her laugh. Was her choice to let him take her out to dinner in Denver, stupid? Hell yeah! Joan pointed it out when Amber told her. But the key is that while Brad texted her flirtatiously, all her answers were lukewarm. She did not reciprocate. If you feel ahe had serious intent to bang Brad, then you are ignoring what the author wrote and filling in with your own storyline. In that case, write your own story. 4 stars for this little vignette. Kudos to the husband to confront right away and get things cleared up.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 month ago

trusting guy. I would have asked she cancel the trip or go with her at all costs. Show her I don't trust her and let Brad know he has to be more careful. Does she work with this guy now?

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userRegguy69@Regguy69
I try to read all comments and have never deleted any. I have learned a lot from the constructive comments I have received, thank you for those. I hope my efforts provide some entertainment for you. All of my characters are fictional and are not intended to resemble anyone, li...