All Comments on 'The Reluctant Duchess Ch. 01'

by JayDavid

Sort by:
  • 8 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
more please

enjoyable read how about Jo and Sophie hooking

sneaking in some hot guy or her BF to share.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
My 2 cents

A start to a great story I would say. I like the characters and the story line. Sophie can get into so much trouble and that means drama and interesting situations. I look forward to reading more. Thanks for your time and imagination.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
Please

Do NOT leave us hanging.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago

Good start, however, I agree with anonymous below. Too many stories are spoilt on this site by authors/site admin delaying the posting of instalments.

The author says that the story is complete. This being the case post the damn chapters!

I appreciate that the stories here are free but there is a law of diminishing returns. The longer between chapters the less likelihood of me rereading to remember the story.

JayDavidJayDavidalmost 4 years agoAuthor

Thanks for your comments. The next chapter was submitted on Tuesday. The site has not published it yet.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
To each ...

The Reluctant Duke (even in a less blue version), would not get through the first page before landing in the reject bin. Either write the story you started, or write the story you claim you wanted to write. The way you're building it you can't have both.

JayDavidJayDavidover 3 years agoAuthor

Let me know what you think when you actually finish the story. Most people seemed to like it, but it's all a matter of taste. I'm happy with it.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Interesting.

It's usually a gamble imo to write such an unlikeable main character, in a story where 80% is about the character.

While I enjoy your writing and generally the style of your stories, that's just about all that's pulling me through. While I'm not against unlikeable characters, it usually has to be balanced by something you root for, something that's genuinely nice about that person. I'm hoping in the next chapter there's soooomething redeeming about her, or I'll probably drop.

Still nicely written though!

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous