All Comments on 'The Reluctant Journey Ch. 06'

by Darlin92

Sort by:
  • 48 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousabout 11 years ago
Please don't make us wait so long for the next chapter!

Really enjoying the story, thanks and keep it coming!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 11 years ago
Great Chapter!

I'm not sure why you didn't like it, it was a great chapter (except for a few small spelling errors). Things took a turn in a direction that I didn't expect, although I suppose I should have, given the events of the last chapter, and the type of man Cain is. Please keep writing; this story is too good to drop!

pheobecharmedpheobecharmedabout 11 years ago

I don't know what u had trouble with but I loved it. Very nicely written I hope gwen gets with tristen I think finn would be good with merila's sister and of course cain withmirilla just my thoughts. Oh the possibilities a whole week with cain ooolala lol. Any ways keep it up the goodwork can't wait for the next chapter

AnonymousAnonymousabout 11 years ago
Awesome....

I want more now..

LessGoLessGoabout 11 years ago
loved it!

Please don't stop! It was really well done.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 11 years ago
Wow

Loved it. I've no idea what you had trouble with but you've dealt with it perfectly in my opinion. Can't wait for the next update :-)

didntseeuxtheredidntseeuxthereabout 11 years ago
More please!

Been reading all morning!! Don't stop! :)

LBGrantLBGrantabout 11 years ago
Great job

Excellent chapter!

MevanvyMevanvyabout 11 years ago
The wait was worth it.

No big worries about the time it takes! It wasn't that long of a wait, and the end product was excellent. I couldn't at all tell that you had struggled or rewritten it. It flowed pretty darn well.

Keep up the good work! :)

AnonymousAnonymousabout 11 years ago
FANTASTIC

This is fast becoming my favourite story on this site. Please keep writing.

LadyPartsLadyPartsabout 11 years ago
Well done!

Thank you for moving this story forward so well! I really like how you portray Malia's conflicted emotions! excellent. Although Cain is still a prick, he's not 100% prick.

redstilettoheelsredstilettoheelsabout 11 years ago
Oh wow.

An excellent, excellent chapter. The wait was most definitely worth it.

The way you portrayed Malia's emotions as Cain was about to rape her had me sobbing; it was perhaps one of the best written rape scenes i've read on this website. I actually can't get over how brilliant that was.

And i agree with however said Cain's not 100% prick; I actually like him a lot more than i did before, but i think i need to like him a lot more before i want to let Malia marry him!

Great chapter, 5 stars! :)

danalearnsdanalearnsabout 11 years ago
Addictive

Your writing and this story is addictive. I just found it and have been reading for hours. Thank you for such a brilliant story and I cannot wait to read more.

Darlin92Darlin92about 11 years agoAuthor
Love the Comments :)

Thanks so much for all of your praise, it is a pleasant ego boost for me ;)

@ anonymous #2: it is not that I did not like this chapter, it was probably my favorite to write. However when I began this story, I didn't have it planned out, like at all. I think this chapter is where "winging it" caught up with me. I wanted to move the story along substantially and I wasn't exactly sure which direction I wanted to take it exactly. That was why the chapter was difficult to write, but I love the final product.

@ ladyparts & redstilettoheels: thank you for your approval. I'm glad Cain isn't 100% prick to you two (made me smile). Frankly, I love the guy :) but perhaps I'm a little biased, then again perhaps I just know a little more about him. Hopefully your affection for him will continue to grow.

cantfightfatecantfightfateabout 11 years ago
I really liked the first few chapter, and actually

read them all today. However, the end of this chapter felt rushed. I think you took them from nothing to sex too quickly. She's fought so hard and now, she just gives in? Maybe if they had kissed before or if he had touched her in some way, it would be easier to understand her submission. I was expecting her to try to get away once her hands were untied. Or maybe to kiss him but come to her senses later on. He has just finished insulting her and breaking her confidence but she doesn't care and gives her consent? It's odd.

I'm still looking forward to the next chapters though.

inspector123inspector123about 11 years ago
Good chapter

but I agree with cantfightfate. It did seem kind of rush between Cain and Malia. Cain was pushing Malia to marry his brother a few chapters back and now he hops into bed with her? There need to be a kiss or two between Cain and Malia to indicate that he wanted her for himself. This chapter still get five stars from me!

TouricroftTouricroftabout 11 years ago
Excellent!!

This chapter was amazing! I was surprised that Cain was attracted to malia, but the scene was still amazing and beautifully done. I can't wait for the next chapter!!!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 11 years ago
Well done! Beautifully synthesized.

I respectfully disagree with my fellow comment makers. I do not believe that the sex between Malia and Cain was rushed. He is someone suffering under the burden of enourmous pressure he lost his parents at a young age, is some what responsible for his brothers injuries and bears the weight of the responsibility of a general. Malia tests his patience and challenges him. When he brought her back to the unit he saw her tenderly reunite with her family. That is something, despite all his wealth and power he does not have. He has to constantly prove his superiority to Malia and everyone else, I believe largely because he has survivor's guilt (or something along those lines-forgive me I type without coffee after a bad nights sleep.) and/or he must question his own motivations and abilities. Malia, while living for most of her life in materially poor circumstances and being self-conscious as any woman can be is insecure in her appearances but is secure in the fact that she is loved and worthy of being loved. Even though Cain can be completely secure in his appearance (he knows just what an attractive picture he makes) and though upbraids Malia for her lack of propriety (her devouring of the food for example) and lack of maturity he is confounded by the picture of a nurting familiuyyyyyyy80yyyyyyyyy

Darlin92Darlin92about 11 years agoAuthor
Thank You

I am sorry if the sex did seem rushed. I think Cain's perspective has been limited so we don't really know how he feels about Malia because she doesn't know. I do appreciate the constructive criticism though, I could have given more signs of Cain's attraction. I wanted it to seem abrupt to her because she isn't confident in her attractiveness as a woman and just didn't expect him to find her attractive so she didn't see any signs that may have slipped thorough his shields of disinterest , but if it seemed totally out of character for him I do apologize. Okay, that is all I'm going to say about that, I do not want to discourage future criticism as I do believe it makes me a better writer (well hopefully at least).

Anonymous #6 thank you for the accolades. I do want to clarify something though. Cain's parents did not die when he was young. His mother is still alive (I checked, fretfully thinking I had accidentally killed her off (Chapter 4)) His father died when he was a teenager (closer to an adult). Though every other part of your evaluation is spot on and it made me smile that the pressure on Cain was conveyed.

Thanks to everyone for reading my story, I am working on chapter 7 though the pressure is on and like its predecessor it is proving to be difficult. I can't estimate a date at this time, though I hope it will be finished soon.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 11 years ago
Amazing!

My new favorite story!!!!!!!!!!! Just out of curiosity though, how old is Cain and Tristian approximately?????

Darlin92Darlin92about 11 years agoAuthor
Age

Anonymous: Thank you :) I'm glad you like it. I know you only asked about Cain and Tristan but I figured I'd just give you everyone instead.

Cain: 28 (I couldn't find if I'd said his age anywhere but he'd supposed to be 28)

Tristan: 27 (chapter 2)

Malia: 20 (chapter 1)

Olivia: 18 (chapter 1)

Finn: 24 (chapter 3)

Derek and Aiden (Malia's twin brothers): 7

Gwen: (I don't believe I gave her a specific age but she's supposed to be 19)

Malia's mom: 43

Malia's dad: 44

Cain and Tristan's mom: 60

Cain and Tristan's dad: deceased (would be 65)

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 11 years ago

I think there were plenty of signs that Cain had a thing for Malia. From the hints here and there I kind of picked up that it was going to happen...any more hints and it would have taken the mystery right out of the story. I think you did a great job...although I am looking forward to getting more character details as I feel I don't know Cain and his brother very well. I think the we could use some elaboration about what Cain and his brother did in the war.

Great job! Can't wait until the next chapter, hope it comes soon!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 11 years ago
Amazing !!!!!

I love this story, its probably my favorite story on this site atm. I do think that maybe the last scene was a little rushed but could easily be fixed if you wanted to do a re-write later , maybe another spanking in there somewhere ( But hey that's just Me hehehee ). Can't wait for the next chapter.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 11 years ago
Oooo oooo ooooo I've caught up.

Now I can bitch for more like everyone else! Yippy!

Cain is not 100% prick. Mostly prick with an outer coating of ubber male and small candy coated center of misunderstood lonely guy. How could anyone NOT see this coming. Plenty of hints of attraction both ways. Cain may have stolen her for Tristan but that was never gonna happen. That fell into friend/sibling territory from the start. While it was rape because she never chose to be in any part of this situation it came across more as intense angry sex. The whole big fight and cathartic afterward. Previous nonnie pegged Cain's stressors well. Don't remember if it was also mentioned the inner conflict he would have at being acttracted to this girl he acquired for his brother. That is plenty flammable right there. Fuel, air and ignition source....

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 11 years ago
p.s.

Pheobecharmed-I write this with all the love and respect in the world....

Were you drunk typing? Or was it a 3 AM comment? (Just sayin'... :D)

Tracy1115Tracy1115almost 11 years ago

LOVE this story and can not wait til the next chapter! Such a great job!

Darlin92Darlin92almost 11 years agoAuthor
Wow

This influx of comments made my day, completely unexpected. I honestly thought that there was a spam riot for chapter 7. I'm glad that wasn't the case, because I'm not done with it, sorry :( . But...I'm working on it :) i know that isn't much consolation but it's the best I've got.

Anonymous # I've lost count (Oooo ooo ooo I've caught up)

I loved your comment, It was consistent with what I was going for. I wanted the attraction to be subtle and understated, especially from Cain's point of view as he is fighting any attraction he had for Malia for obvious reasons.

P.S. Pheobecharmed's comments, as well as all of the others, are respected no matter how many typos they may or may not contain (though I did respectfully laugh when I reread the comment) :)

pheobecharmedpheobecharmedalmost 11 years ago

i have to say i do honestly write alot at 3 am lmao when my eyes are half closed maybe i should stop or maybe i should continue if it makes people laugh :-)

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 11 years ago
any updates????

I can't get enough of this story and am checking daily for the next installment...I am wondering how Cain will deal with the fact that he has taken his brothers supposed future bride. He is so broody and consumed by guilt already that I think this will be to much for him, even though I don't think Tristan will be to upset he doesn't seem to be interested in anything but a friendship. Anyway the suspense is killing me.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 11 years ago
updates? please!!

I'm dying for the end. Do you have any idea when the next chapter will be posted?

Darlin92Darlin92almost 11 years agoAuthor
Update

I thought I had issues while writing chapter six. Chapter seven has been acting like a bitch. I've finally got Cain where I want him though, after much deleting and rewriting. My weekend is mostly free to write away, but it isn't done. I'm going to try and have it done by the end of Sunday and post it, no promised though.

As always thank you for all of the comments and support.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 11 years ago
more!!

please more!!!!!!!!!!!

evonnaevonnaalmost 11 years ago
Casually rented a cabin and went on holiday with her. Love it.

What a little love nest he made for them :). And ooh, was the sex HOT. Yum. Well done for keeping the rape or almost rape -bit of the scene true to life in that she's not instantly wet and ready for him, but is in fact scared and distressed and both mentally and physically unwilling. In too many non-con stories the girl is always wet before even being touched and often 24/7, which gets a little boring. I was wondering if you'd go ahead with him actually raping her dry, but it's better this way, I suppose, less emotional scarring to deal with :). This way he still gets to realise (when he cools down) that he was *very* close to hurting her really badly and causing her some pretty heavy trauma (not that he didn't cause her trauma still).

He seems to have a bit of a temper, haha, and goes a little wild when he gets properly angry. That's always nice, the dominant hottie blowing his cool because of the girl is my favourite bit :). And her rant that got him going was brilliant, nicely written.

Getting a little annoyed at Malia for often acting like a giggly 14-year-old with a crush instead of the feisty little thing she can be, with all the "oh no, don't look at my humble living conditions" and "oh, what could you ever see in me" instead of telling him to go fuck himself as she should have done, when he pushes himself on her being all cocky about his hotness.. but ok, yeah, she's completely inexperienced, with low self-esteem etc. I get it. I hope she develops more balls on this.

Now that I think of it, you're doing very well in describing her inexperience and her first timer -feelings about everything that's going on, in the bedroom and outside (how she hadn't really even envisaged his cock etc). That's difficult to do, and you're doing it very well.

All in all, loving the story, and can't wait to read the next chapter!

didntseeuxtheredidntseeuxtherealmost 11 years ago
Yes!

I've been waiting for your next installment!!! Woo hoo!

Darlin92Darlin92almost 11 years agoAuthor
Update..again

Okay I have submitted chapter 7, I know it is later than I expected. Sorry.

It was probably the most conflicted I've felt about a chapter before but I'll let you all be the judges.

pheobecharmedpheobecharmedalmost 11 years ago

wooohoooo :-) i'm so glad so sometime this weekend there will be alot of my favs up to read. i'm sure it will be great your awesome

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 11 years ago
ooooooohhhhhhhh

Can't Wait.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!So excited

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 11 years ago

This story is amazing! Is there another chapter coming because I can't seem to find more on your profile? I keep reading comments where you say youve uploaded it but I cant find it... x

Darlin92Darlin92almost 11 years agoAuthor
Pending

Chapter 7 was recently uploaded and is still pending.

Thank you for reading and I'm glad you like them, I hope that chapter 7 doesn't disappoint.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 11 years ago
Love this story!

I discovered this story yesterday and read it all in one sitting. I keep checking back every 30 minutes in hopes that the new chapter has been uploaded. Cain and Malia are so sexy together. Kudos to you for writing such an amazing story!

jerzygirljerzygirlalmost 11 years ago
Holy $%^%$#

That was so unbelievably hot! My emotions were going from happy to sad, scared, elated, and as my hubby so elequently put it... "Horny as hell" :)

Terrific chapter and amazing story... 5 stars!!!!

joodlejoodlealmost 11 years ago
Excellent

So many stories have the first fuck be paced and controlled. There is at least a small degree of foreplay. It gets old. This was pretty much rape. And damn was it hot. What of course made it so pleasurable was that you made it clear that they both wanted the same thing---to be with each other. I have not read one like this for as long as I can remember. Full on fucking. Angry hot fucking. Thank you, and I will definitely read all of the work you dish out, so long as it is within my genres. Encore mademoiselle. Encore.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 11 years ago
I Hated it

This chapter is awful, I was enjoying this story thoroughly. I think she shouldn't have given in to his rape. Cain is an a-hole punk and has been extremely cruel to her from day one since he kidnapped her. I understand she likes him because he looks cute but he doesn't have a good heart towards her and that sucks, he only lusts after her. He is a abusive violent pig and I guess that speaks volumes for her state of mind and self esteem. She deserves better

Redheaded_1Redheaded_1about 10 years ago
A rape scene..

A rape scene with a man who hasn't exhibited any redeeming qualities. There hasn't been time where she's really reflected too much on an attraction to him. It just felt forced, a true rape. I found myself curling my lip and shaking my head. I am someone who likes reluctance stories, but this just seemed violent and criminal.

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
A round of applause

I loved this chapter. Especially the final scene, OBVIOUSLY. So good!

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago

What a bunch of infuriatingly unrealistic characters. It's so tiring listening to Cain blather on about how much he cares about and would do anything for his brother and yet nobody ever brings up the fact that she literally left her family to go to an unknown and possibly non-existent future in order to protect her sister. Why has she yet to fling that little morsel in his face? It'd be the first thing anyone else would say.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

Huh, a very rapid but improbable 180 degree turn around to try and turn into consensual sex instead of the very obvious rape. Cain has literally zero redeeming features.

I did read ch 1 of your new story, as I mentioned there it’s brilliant but sadly not for me. This story is good, I’d say that the only thing that grates on me is the overuse of *little girl*.

Tess (uk)

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userDarlin92@Darlin92
797 Followers
I haven’t posted on here for seven years..but I definitely haven’t stopped writing. I hope you all like some of the random stuff I’ve been working on, it is definitely more planned out than the reluctant journey ever was (a story I now find hard to read myself). Please comment...

READ MORE OF THIS SERIES