All Comments on 'The Reluctant Journey Ch. 12'

by Darlin92

Sort by:
  • 55 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
Congratulations

Congratulations on finishing this story , I've been following it from the start and loved it all the way. I look forward to reading more from you .

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
Thank you!

Loved the whole thing start to finish. Looking forward to reading you other stories.

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
Well Done and Thank YOU

Really superb ending. This was an unexpected treat. You resolved the story lines beautifully. Thank you so much for having taken the time to share this wonderful story with us. You are very talented and your ability is very much appreciated.

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago

This story has stuck with me all day! I couldn't wait to get back to it and finish the chapter! You are extremely talented and I'm thrilled that I managed to find sucha great story! But now that it's over i'm still curious! :D do Flynn and olivia get together? Ahhh!!

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
Loved this story 5+*

One of the 'stand out' stories on Lit. Well done, please keep writing.

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
boo!

On the ending that is, you're such a good writer I enjoyed this story so much please write more soon!

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
Wonderful! :)

What an awesome ending to a brilliant story. You are a very good Author, and I'm looking forward to reading more of your stories in the future. So please don't stay away too long.

As to this story, I'm sad to see it end, Boo Hoo. But, I guess all good things must come to an end, and please believe me when I say, that this IS one of THE Best Stories on Lit. THANK YOU. :)

GrimMirabelleGrimMirabelleover 10 years ago
Thanks

It's really great you were able to finish this story!

I think you have improved, in particular, you were able to add more 'flesh' to the other characters as the series developed, and used their viewpoints more.

I'm enthusiastic about any series you want to write, and hope that you will find the time for it.

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
Thank you...

...For the story. I was hooked right from the beginning.

I liked the humor and the banter in the whole series most of all. Some of the emotional scenes like the one where Malia was heartbroken were very well written and portrayed. The stay at Finn's cabin too made very interesting chapters and I was kind of expecting a "repeat performance" (*winks*) and that's where you could have improved a bit. The ending is a bit rushed and lack details. I would have liked to know about the other characters, how did they end up. May be an epilogue.

But a big applause for you to stay dedicated to this story and find time to finish it in all the chaos and mayhem of your busy life. Congratulations! And best wishes for future :)

G

Darlin92Darlin92over 10 years agoAuthor
Thanks

Thanks everyone for your fantastic comments. I got an email asking about Milly as a loose end and I wanted to address it. Okay so the super long wait consisted of me leaving this story for long periods and then coming back to write more. Some things definitely got left out that were intended to be included. I had meant to mention Milly again, just to clarify her 'I will get revenge' promises I left her with. About Finn and Olivia, I can finally address this. I never intended to put them together, frankly it always seemed like a weird idea to me and I can't really put my finger on why. It was too neat maybe? However I thought while ending the story that I wouldn't tie things up too neatly in case I ever wanted to come back to these characters. Hence there was no wedding scene and babies being born, ect. I also didn't want to add Olivia's story in just for the sake of adding it, she really didn't make too much of an appearance in the story and I didn't want to force it in the end. I also noticed that I really didn't include just what became of Blake,Vincent, and Lutz. I had intended to wrap that part up but kind of left it at the conversation with Eli Mcallister. It is safe to assume that their fates were not pleasant. I didn't want Cain to focus too much on revenge because I think it took away from his concern for Malia. The fact that he kind of let them be showed how much he cared for Malia. But I had inertially intended for him to get a final stab at them, proverbial stab of course. While I probably should go through and add these changes and revise the chapter, I am so tired of writing these characters right now in the fondest of ways. I love them, but I kind of need a break from them right now. If I ever come back to them it won't be very soon and I will tie up these ends nicely. Until then I will bask in the opportunities to be completely creative again with new characters and a new story.

AMHJ89AMHJ89over 10 years ago

Sad to see it over but I loved every chapter

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
Thanks

Thank you for finishing this story, it was a really good story and like others I was hooked from the beginning. I do hope you will continue writing and I will watch for future stories.

Yes, absolutely, you improved as the story unfolded. So very glad you had the "whim" to write. It was very much a pleasure.

small_town_girlsmall_town_girlover 10 years ago
what a great story!

@Darlin - awesome story. great plot, lovable (and hateable!) characters - i thoroughly enjoyed it. thank you for sharing!

Sassy_th4ngSassy_th4ngover 10 years ago
Thank you!

Thank you for this wonderful story! I thoroughly enjoyed all of the characters, plot twists and your wonderful writing style.

I can't wait to read more of your work!

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
Thank you!!!

I was dropping tears with Cain and Malia when he rescued her.

The scene was so poignant when she thought she was hallucinating over Cain.

Felt his heartbreak and her pain.....boowoo!!

Yeah, I had been waiting for Milly's reappearance too.

Would have wanted her to come between Cain and Malia and see how they react to her. Malia had no idea that they were lovers before.

That would have been some show to watch......maybe in future storyline?

Other than Milly's absence, there was nothing else to fault.

Final chapter was a beautiful closure.......thank you Darlin!!.....you deserve a break!

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago

Congrats on finishing. It felt a bit rushed and I think that left me a bit disappointed, but you did a great job tying up relationships, including Jack's and Cain's. Have fun with your next story.

Littlecat76Littlecat76over 10 years ago
Thanks

Agree with anon though this last chapter felt very rushed to finish off everyone's story. It felt like there was possibly another 1-2 chapters there but definitely prefer that you finished the story than left unfinished. Great job really enjoyed it!

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
Great writing

Loved this story- loved Cain- loved the reluctance to love. Well done. It was such a pleasure to read. I am sorry it is over!

Phil_PatsfanPhil_Patsfanover 10 years ago
A Great Ending to a Great story! The title finally makes sense.

I have followed this story closely (usually contributing as "anonymous") and I really enjoyed it. I was glad to see Cain finally step up and "be a man"; too bad it took Malia being abducted and tortured for him to come to his senses. I get the title now. I thought the reluctant journey was hers (as in she is put on a path she never asked for and is forced to adapt to a situation she was not ready for), but now I see it was actually his.The only thing missing was Cain beating the shit out of Vincent. I'm a believer in people getting what they deserve and Vincent deserved a beating. Otherwise, a great story! Please keep writing Darlin and we'll keep reading!

MaynessMaynessover 10 years ago

Well Darlin it's been a fantastical journey and can honestly say I have enjoyed this story very much. I am glad the containment units are going to be liberated and totally see Malia being involved in it. Well done on sticking with it and persevering till the end and yes you have I improved in both the complexity and flow as the chapters have progressed. Thank you.

pheobecharmedpheobecharmedover 10 years ago

i was very happy with how this story progressed. wtg darlin on a job well done :-)

inspector123inspector123over 10 years ago
Congrats on finishing this story ...

Got to agree with other commenters that the ending of this story felt rushed. Could have use a couple of additional chapters to fully develop the ending. For instance Cain is a very complex character that you have developed. He used to have a drinking problem and feel terribly responsible for his brother losing his legs which his mother fully exploit. I can't imagine Jack so easily accepting Cain as a son-in-law even if he did save Malia. Looking forward to your other works!

QNastyQNastyover 10 years ago
Aww!

I'm so sad its over but I know it had to end :( I wanted to read about them all having babies. Oh well it was a wonderful ending thank you. It made my day!

cassieccassiecover 10 years ago
Great Story but...

The ending definitely felt rushed. It was such a great story but do obvious where you burnt out. The last two chapters felt very rushed. I honestly sped read this lady chapter because I knew how it was going to end and that nothing truly substantial would happen. I hope that if you do write other stories you either write shorter stories so you don't burn out or that you stick it out. You're a fantastic writer. Best of luck to you.

joodlejoodleover 10 years ago
A smidge rushed

I agree to the rushed comments. The story unfolded so gradually and the intensity of the story over many chapters was a significant part of the appeal. The last two chapters were rushed, but still very well written. I am glad that you did not leave out the parents in the ending. I appreciate the part where Cain asks for Malia's hand. The sex scene with Tristan was hot. I wish the sex scene with Cain had lasted more than half as long though. Its reminding me of the other story I had referred to, where the spin-off couple started overshadowing the main couple. Still, you got 5 stars out of me. Very very well done. I look forward to more of your whims!

cantfightfatecantfightfateover 10 years ago
Welcome back, Darling.

The ending was a little rushed but the content was so perfect. A wonderful ending. I'm looking forward to whatever you come up with next.

davinedavineabout 10 years ago
Well done.

Thank you I really enjoyed it.

Kaffeine1Kaffeine1about 10 years ago
Stud

Hearing Gwen call Tristan "stud" was kind of disconcerting after hearing Milly say that to Cain- I think I associated it as something annoying that the non-protagonist lady would call the leading man.

Hope to see much more from you in the future! This story only gets better in the second read, which is really amazing!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 10 years ago
Awesome

First time commenting but i read out all the cahpters in one day, i couldnt help myself (shhh i didnt want too). I have to agree that the ending was a little rush but im gald its completed too much great stories here are left unfinished....Overall the story was excelent 5stars....

I am anxiously awaiting a next and new installment!!!!

xoxo

Ana

AnonymousAnonymousabout 10 years ago
what an amazing story

i found this story yesterday and like any good book couldnt put it down xxx shame its finished but i will look for other literary submissions xx thank you for such a good story and well done for keepig so many people entertained xxx

AnonymousAnonymousabout 10 years ago
I'm sad it's over :(

I love Cain! Tristan is adorbs, too, but I couldn't help but wince inwardly every time he lifted someone up. I can only think that would hurt his amputated legs A LOT. The sex scene between him and Gwen was a bit much conversation-wise. The way they talked to one another was kind of unrealistic, but still cute. I love Cain and Malia together. Every single one of their sex scenes was HOOOT. Especially the one in the rain. Whew! *fans self* lol. I wish men like this existed :(

AnonymousAnonymousabout 10 years ago
sorryi

Loved it just read it all,will be looking for more

ravenhairedcutieravenhairedcutieabout 10 years ago
Love it!

i just found your story this morning then started reading and all I can say is WOW! I love it and definitely one of the best stories I read on this site. Thanks for sharing your writing talent to us.

frazzlelocksfrazzlelocksabout 10 years ago
loved it!!!

but i think we need a follow up lol weddings and everything pleassssssssssssse

SavageGardenSavageGardenabout 10 years ago
Follow ups!

There are two more stories we're missing! We need follow up on the weddings, a POV from Tristan and Gwen and further into their relationship. What about a budding romance between Finn and Olivia? :-P You're a wonderful writer!

Lady_RayneLady_Raynealmost 10 years ago
Great story...

I just wish you had taken more time with the last chapter. Out of them all it's the only one that seems rushed. Like you had to skip good fun to cram in the ending.

Would have liked it to be deeper throughout the whole story, give us a change to better get to know them all. Yet, it was very enjoyable. Cheers.

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
Fucking Amazing!!

Even though the non-consent part was barely there, I was positively hooked. I have been staying up nights reading it and even thinking about this during the day. Please, please, please continue. We beg of you.

Cheers! Love you!

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
#fuckingamazing

I relate to the previous comment.

This thing kept me up the whole night, and I got hungover with this during the day. This can somehow be considered a masterpiece. And you are right. I will most definitely have a soft spot for this story.

It has been fun reading this.

Keep it up.

EuphoriaSlam69EuphoriaSlam69over 9 years ago
Can that last part be any better???

Hell no it can't!!! Wonderful series :)

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
loved reading it

Although the end was a bit predictable, I loved the way you got there. It got me hooked from chapter 1, right till the end. Once started, I couldn't stop. I really enjoyed reading it.

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
Amazing story✌️

Although I was a little bit disappointed with the ending since especially I want to know what happened to Dutari and the gang...it was a nice story. Which I would say congrats👍

near1111near1111over 8 years ago
WOW

Now that was a great Story. I am glad that he saved her before permanent damage was done and that they finaly found out that they can not live without eachother. 5 stars for this great Piece of Story.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 8 years ago
Fabulous

Loved it, Especially the Tristan and Gwen parts. Adored him !

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
Great story

Thank you for writing. I loved the slow buildup from the very first chapter. Please write more, maybe something about Finn and Olivia. Finn's a really interesting character On that note, I would have loved a few blown kneecaps for Dutari. What happened to Diutari and Blake was a little too glossed over. Again, thank you.

ThePinkPeonieThePinkPeonieover 7 years ago

Thank you so much for posting this story. You are one great writer, and I hope that you will write another one...!

5 stars!!!!!!!

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
Well done!!

Read it from start to end!!! One of my best so far!

Quite sad it was done already 😒😒

Awaiting your next series...

mftz1mftz1over 7 years ago

I return to this story often. I love it. ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 7 years ago
Excellent story

You should really take into writing, you have talent...

Once i start reading i could not stop untill the end,

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago

Loved it!!

I think this just may have been the best story I’ve ever read here!

Do you write professionally? Are any of your stories published and available to buy?

If they aren’t, they should be. This story was as good as some published books I’ve read!

I would love to know of any/all of your stories that I may be able to find to read; and where I could find them or what their titles are.

mftz1mftz1over 6 years ago

Still lovin it.

mftz1mftz1over 6 years ago

Do you write anywhere else or under a different name? You are so good and I would like to read more from you if possible.

52331135233113over 5 years ago
My Honest Critique of the Whole Story

Okay, so first of all - wow! You had me totally hooked; this was an excellent story!

Your writing is fantastic and I immensley enjoyed reading this!

However, I do have a couple of suggestions for improvements. Some parts of the story felt a little rushed, especially the last couple of chapters. I feel like everything that developed between Malia and Cain happened a little too quickly, especially when it comes to complete character reversals. I feel like a lot of characters or plots - Cain's character in particular, though - changed a little too quickly. I feel like you could have pulled it off with a little more elaboration or just by drawing certain things out a bit more, but it felt a little like you were just trying to wrap everything up neatly.

I feel like Malia's father, for example, wouldn't have come over so drastically and so wholeheartedly so very quickly - I feel like it would have been more realistic for him to begrudgingly give Cain his okay to marry Malia and acknowlege that maybe he'd misjudged him a bit, but perhaps included a warning that if he ever hurt his daughter again, he'd have to answer to, rather than have him suddenly proclaiming that Cain's really been a good guy all along. I feel like the whole relationship with Tristan and Gwen felt a little too neat and was also a bit rushed, too. I also would have loved a bit more character developement on Gwen, and perhaps a little bit more on the development of her and Malia's friendship.

I think Malia got over the torture she went through a little too quickly and easily, and I found it a little odd that it seemed to take Cain longer - but still not that long at all, considering. I also have a bit of an issue with the progression of Malia and Cain's relationship. I think it was excellently done for the majority of the story, but then suddenly they go from protagonizing each other while secretely falling to the other to Cain professing to everybody how much he loves her - which, again, I think you could have gotten away with it, but the revelations he went through to get to that point seemed a bit rushed. I think maybe having everything that he and Malia went through with the whole kidnapping thing force him to admit how he feels about her to himself and everyone else might have been a bit more dramatic and realistic, although I also did like how you let that play out, too. I have an issue with the whole proposal scene too - I feel like it had a lot of potential and I like where you were going with it, but the actual execution felt a bit rushed and a little too neat. Cain got over his reservations and everything that terrified him about being a father and a husband a little too quickly for my taste. I think a little elaboration would have gone a long way here too and it would have worked a little bit better by maybe him realizing in the moments he saw a broken Malia that he would have to be those things for her because he couldn't stand the thought of anyone else taking on that role and couldn't ever trust anyone else with her safety or something. I don't know...

All of this is obviously just my honest opinion that - as a fellow aspiring writer - I hope is helpful. That said, I want to reiterate that I loved reading this and I am very sad to see the story come to an end. Your longer, drawn-out emotional scenes were absolutely beautifully done. Thank you for this! And thank you for actually giving your story an end!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago
One of my all time favorites!

All time!

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

needs more did they have a twin wedding and how many kid did they have

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Really enjoyed this one

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userDarlin92@Darlin92
I haven’t posted on here for seven years..but I definitely haven’t stopped writing. I hope you all like some of the random stuff I’ve been working on, it is definitely more planned out than the reluctant journey ever was (a story I now find hard to read myself). Please comment...

READ MORE OF THIS SERIES