The Reluctant Psychic Ch. 04

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"Sergeant Mackenzie, I know that it is important to take an official statement while the incident is still clear in the witness's mind, but I really cannot delay my morning schedule further. I will come to the police station in lieu of my lunch hour to make a statement at that time." I handed the young sergeant my business card.

"Who do you think you are Mister..." The police officer paused as he glanced down at my card. He was about to say he didn't care who I was, but Bambi stopped him before he could. She placed her own business card on his clipboard next time mine.

"Sergeant, you have our contact information and from your reaction you have no doubt as to our identities. Since you are clearly well trained, you will know that it is unlawful for you to hold us against our will for questioning in a matter once our identities have been established. Now please excuse us," she said as she led me by the arm back to the car.

* * *

Bambi was quiet the rest of the drive. As we were pulling in to the parking garage for my first appointment of the day she said, "You are still a dangerous man, aren't you?"

I felt a lump catch in my throat and could only nod. I tried to lighten the mood and quipped, "By the way you handled the Sergeant, you are a pretty dangerous woman."

Bambi gave a wry smile and reached out a hand to touch my cheek. "I am only dangerous because of the second chance you gave me." She dropped her gaze and my cheek cooled as she withdrew her hand. She added, "But you... You were born dangerous."

I lay back in my seat, my eyes starring blankly through the windshield. "Why? Why do you stay with me?"

She reached out and turned my head to face her, pulling me close enough so our noses nearly touched. "Because I love you, I love the other girls, I love my entire life because of you. You took Joanne the stripper, and gave her the chance to be Bambi McIntyre, JD. You gave all of us a second chance. Don't you think you deserve one too?"

I wanted to say no, but I couldn't disappoint her. When I failed to speak she added, "You poor sweet man. When are you going to stop punishing yourself?"