The Reluctant Wife Ch. 01

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"That's disgusting!"

"Like it or not, it's true."

Laura stared at me for a long moment and stomped from the room.

-=-=-=-=-=-=-

The whole situation came to a head when a very cute and very nubile articling student was hired by the law firm.

Cindy was about five-two and probably weighed not much over 90 soaking wet. It didn't take long to figure out that she had the hots for me. Her skirts were always short, her tops cut low and she could wiggle her butt like no tomorrow. Whenever we worked together, she always made sure she planted herself well into my personal space.

It was at this time that I was getting more and more fed up with my wife's belief that everything about sex was disgusting, something reenforced by the pastor of the church she was attending. I attended once to please her and nearly walked out at his diatribe against just about everything important to me.

We had a large amount of work and I had to supervise that it was getting done correctly. Half our staff seemed to be out with a cold that was making the rounds and the seniors at the firm were getting antsy. They made it clear that I had to pull this one off or I could forget about becoming a partner. I started putting in a lot of evenings.

Naturally, Cindy stayed too, probably figuring that sooner or later she'd get me alone and could make her move. I was of more than half a mind to take her up on it. Vanilla sex was a flavor I was becoming heartily sick of.

With the light beginning to shine at the end of the tunnel, I felt that one solid weekend of work would get this assignment over the hump, so I told Laura that I was going to stay downtown, sleep on the sofa in my office and get the darn thing done.

Two other junior staff members and a secretary were asked to stay and made it clear they thought I was overstepping the bounds. Cindy volunteered. By late Saturday evening, everyone was pretty done in. I asked them to come back the next morning for the last gasp to see it through to the bitter end, and promised to take them all out to dinner afterwards. Well after midnight, they dragged their asses out the door.

Back in my office, I dialed home but received no answer. Laura would often go to bed early on Saturday night so she would have plenty of time to do her morning run, shower and head off to church, so I didn't think anything of it. Removing my clothes, I took a shower in the boss' office (he'd given me permission), wrapped a towel around myself and walked back down the hall. The light in my office was out and I thought I'd left it on.

Flipping it on, I was shocked to find Cindy there, draped (the only suitable word for it) over my sofa and without a stitch of clothing on.

"What are you doing here?"

She propped her head up on her hand. "Come on. You're supposed to be so quick on the uptake. Isn't it obvious?"

My cock started to stiffen even though I told it not to. Cindy was quite the perfect little vixen.

She had very long, dark brown hair which she normally wore up. Tonight it cascaded around her shoulders. Her body was tanned, taut and she had beautiful, bite-sized breasts topped by the most perky nipples I'd seen in a long time. Her waist was narrow and swelled into full hips. Her sex was shaved clean and she had them open. I could see the glistening of moisture around the full lips.

"You had my cousin once. She's told me all about how good you are. I thought I'd never get this chance."

"Your cousin?"

"You remember Jill Curran? She articled here about three years ago. You'd just got hired."

My cock stiffened a bit more (something not lost on the roving eye of Cindy) at the memory of Jill. She'd been about one of the best pieces of ass I'd ever had. That was before I'd had Laura walk into my meeting and made me forget everyone who'd come before her.

Jill adored sucking cock and swore she could deep throat anything. After we'd hooked up a few times, I believed her. She had my length down her throat on the first try. Her pussy was absolutely pneumatic and she once made me come using only her internal muscles, no thrusting motions. Too bad she'd been married at the time.

Cindy sat up and smiled. "Jill says I'm as good as she is. I think I'm better. We're have the whole night ahead of us." Patting the sofa, she added, "Come on over. I don't bite -- unless you want me to."

Oh man, I was sorely, sorely tempted. I felt like a man dying of thirst being offered the biggest glass of ice cold lemonade ever. The last time I'd had sex with Laura had been over two weeks earlier and we'd gotten into a fight when I tried yet again to stretch her boundaries just a little (I walked up behind her and slid my hands under her skirt). We'd hardly talked since.

But it was clear to me what the consequences would be if I ever did anything: instant divorce. There was no way my wife would put up with any hanky-panky. If I did screw this delectable little thing, it could very likely end my marriage.

I decided a piece of ass wasn't worth it.

"Your cousin was before I got married, Cindy."

"Oh come on! I know your reputation as a cocksman. I want some of that." She lightly rubbed between her legs, then used the moisture to tweak her nipple. "Your wife will never know."

I wasn't so sure about that. One thing that made Laura such a great lawyer was how well she could read faces. I swore she could tell what people were going to think before they thought it.

"No. I'm sorry, Cindy, but no."

She looked at me pityingly. "Your wife really does have your balls, doesn't she?"

"What are you talking about?"

"That's what everybody says. You used to be this great lover and now you've got nothing but a big fat ring through your nose. It's too bad, really. Jill won't believe it."

Cindy gathered up her clothes. "I'll get dressed down the hall, Jamie boy. Have a nice, LONELY evening." With her clothes over her shoulder, she stopped at the door, hips cocked and a swaggering expression. "I just hope your wife is worth it. People also say she has an inch of frost in her twat."

I sat down hard on the recently vacated leather sofa, still warm from Cindy's naked body. Running my hands over my face and hair, I wondered how my life had gotten to this stage and whether it really was worth going on with Laura. I'd had a lot of fun with the opposite sex in the past, and now, because of my wife's hang-ups I was increasingly frustrated and angry most of the time. No matter how much I talked to my wife, reasoned with her, she wouldn't, or couldn't budge.

"I can't help the way I am, the way I was brought up!" she'd said the last time we had words about the impasse. "You knew where I was coming from on this before we got married. I made it abundantly clear!"

"I was hoping you'd change, that I...or experience would open your eyes. Do you really think God cares what we do in the privacy of our bedroom as man and wife? Where in the Bible does it say, 'Thou shalt not have oral sex?'"

"Don't you talk like that! It's wicked."

"Only with people like your family." I'd taken Laura's hands in mind and gotten her to look at me. "Maybe it would be easier for you if we moved away. There's that law firm in Seattle that was really interested in both of us."

"You mean the man who spoke to us at that conference was undressing me with his eyes. Or didn't you notice?"

"Honey, you're a very beautiful woman. How else do you expect men to respond?"

"With propriety! Do women drool over men whenever they see a good-looking one?"

I was about to say that in my experience, yes, but decided that wouldn't help the conversation. Instead I put my foot in it another way.

"Can you honestly tell me you've never looked at another male in your entire life and didn't have a single impure thought?"

Laura had looked at me, turned on her heel, went into our bedroom and locked the door. I'd slept in the guest room that night.

-=-=-=-=-=-=-

When I arrived home late on Sunday, the house was empty. Laura left a note that she'd taken a last-minute drive up to visit to her folks, so I had the evening to brood over our problems. I certainly could have tripped the light fantastic with that nymphet Cindy with Laura being none the wiser.

Saturday night, I'd been ready to jump Cindy's bones, no doubt about it.

It was time things came to a head for good or ill. I couldn't go on with things the way they were.

The funny thing was, I felt that underlying all the hang-ups, she was a really sensual woman. I've always felt that you can always tell a lot about a woman by the way she walks. Even though Laura didn't own any clothes that I would call "overtly sexy", she did like nice clothes and the view from behind was often nothing short of hair-raising, especially if she was in a good mood. No woman who could swing her hips like that could be so completely uninterested in sex.

I watched her over the course of the next week. It was nasty at work with lots of hours for both of us. On the one night we were home at a decent hour with nothing to do in our home offices, we were too tired to do anything but fall asleep during a movie.

On Friday night, I decided to knock off early, shopped on the way home, and when Laura arrived at 6:30, I had her favorite dinner well on its way to being ready: paella.

"What's the occasion?" Laura asked, smiling.

"We've both been working far too hard. I finished with the Vacuumax contract today, so I came home. For the rest of the weekend, business is out of bounds." I handed her a glass of white wine. "Take this, go upstairs and soak in the tub for awhile. You look like you need it. I'll call you when dinner is ready."

Normally, one glass of wine is all she'll have, and seldom will she drink before dinner. But I'd gauged the situation correctly, and her exhaustion won out. Laura took a sip, proclaimed the wine "very good" (It had better be. The bottle of Pouilly Fuisse had set me back 80 bucks.) and headed upstairs to the bathroom, where she'd find several candles I'd lit and some of her favorite music on the CD player.

I purposely stayed away so I wouldn't be tempted by her naked body. Half an hour later, I called up the stairs and Laura surprised me by coming down the stairs in just her bathrobe and slippers. She looked much more relaxed that she had when she'd arrived home.

The paella, piled high with seafood looked magnificent, smelled great and tasted even better. Over dinner, I poured a glass of a very expensive red wine from our carafe and offered it to her.

Laura looked at me. "Are you trying to get me drunk?"

"No, hon, just relaxed. You've had a rough week."

"I have," she said, and took it.

After dinner, we went to the living room and I had a movie cued up that we'd both talked about seeing when it was in the theaters and somehow had never found the time. While it was on, I took Laura's feet onto my lap and gave her a massage that soon had her groaning in pleasure.

But that's as far as we got with my little seduction scene. I'd played it many times before in my bachelor days and it had never failed until I'd run into Laura. Set everything up right, make sure not to grab, and every time previously, the woman had come on to me. Not so with my wife.

That wasn't to say that my wife wasn't grateful. She told me so many times that evening, and as we got ready for bed, she even made mention that tomorrow was Saturday and she was going to show me her appreciation if I wanted. Was the Pope Catholic?

Next morning, her idea of a "showing her appreciation" was to actually walk out of the bathroom naked and lie on the bed next to me, at which time I tried once again to widen her sexual horizons, was rebuffed firmly and ended up leaving the room before I exploded. The remainder of the weekend was strained to say the least.

While taking a solitary walk that afternoon, I decided that there was only one thing left to do, an all or nothing at all approach that would either save our marriage or end it -- in flames. Hell, I might even go to jail.

Shows what a severe case of blue balls will do to even an intelligent man's judgement!

-=-=-=-=-=-=-

As the next week passed, I thought my plan over, how best to approach everything that would or could happen, what I should say, how I should respond to the inevitable things Laura might say. Basically, I laid the whole thing out the way I would a particularly difficult legal assignment. Part way through, I realized stupidly that I would be dealing with a real person and very raw emotions, and that no matter what I planned, the whole thing could go right out the window at any moment. This wasn't a legal problem. In effect, I'd be flying blind. Still, I planned. Forewarned is forearmed, after all.

Taking Friday off, I spent the day buying things, putting them together while all the time my mind was going a hundred miles an hour and my palms were sweaty from nerves.

Around 1:00, the phone rang.

"James?" Laura said, "I called the office and they said you'd told them you were sick. What's going on? You didn't tell me anything about that this morning."

"I, ah, started feeling sick to my stomach on the way downtown. So I called them and turned around to come home."

"Are you feeling really bad, my poor lamb? I could probably come home."

"No, no. Actually, I'm feeling a lot better. I don't know what it was. Maybe I've been drinking too much coffee lately or ate something bad."

"Well, I'll come home early so I can take care of you."

"No, really, Laura, I'm fine. Come home when you planned."

"Well, all right, but promise you'll call me if you start to feel bad again."

"I promise."

Big bullet dodged there! True, she did call me at the office once or twice a week, but she'd said she had to be in court this morning, so I hadn't bothered to cover my tracks very well.

With the knowledge that she could still come home early, I began to work as fast as I could. There was a delivery coming and the last thing I needed was for that package to show up at the same time my wife did, but again I was lucky. The delivery guy showed up shortly after 2:00.

I did a quick check over on what I ordered and everything seemed to be shipshape with it. Considering the cost, that was something I would have expected. Putting it all together and ready in case I should decide to use it that night, I stowed it in the guest room closet where it would be handy, then covered it up with a sheet.

By 4:30, I was a bundle of nerves. All the things that could go wrong began to crowd in on me. Looking at Laura's photo on my desk as I sat after pouring a large single malt Scotch, I thought to myself, Faint heart never won fair lady, and raised my glass in a solitary toast to success.

She pulled into the garage at 5:15, proof that she was still concerned about me. She normally didn't arrive home until at least an hour later. I was waiting behind the door of the guest room, ready to make my move.

"James, it's me!" she said as she came in, putting her attache case down on the counter. "Are you feeling any better? I'll be right up."

I heard her go into the downstairs powder room, then shortly come out and walk into the den.

"Where are you?"

"In the guest room."

She walked in the door and stopped, not seeing me.

Moving up silently behind her, I grabbed one wrist, clicked it into the handcuffs I had in my hand, and 3 seconds later had the other secured as well. Laura barely had time to react. I'd done a lot of practice on my own wrist and it had paid off.

"James!" she said, as she turned her head, "what—"

That's as far as she got before I shoved the ball gag in her mouth and fastened it in back of her head.

It wasn't until I started to put the blindfold on her that she began to react. There was real fear in her eyes as she struggled with me.

I leaned into her ear. "I'm not going to hurt you, Laura. You have to trust me." I said to myself, I also hope you can forgive me.

I keep myself in pretty good shape, but I still had my hands full. I didn't want to hurt her as she kicked and tried to move away, but I didn't want her to hurt herself either. Grabbing Laura around the upper body, I wrestled her to the floor. She landed a good kick on my left shin that made my eyes water, but I finally got her down onto her stomach.

Using a strap with velcro, I quickly bound her ankles and knees, then got to my feet.

It was then I realized she was crying.

I crouched down next to her and said again, "I'm not going to hurt you. I'm sorry I have to do this the way I am. Try to calm down."

With that, I picked her up and placed her on the bed.

Once I had her arms secured to the bed with more velcro straps, I began to take her clothes off. Laura began struggling again and I was very glad I used the ball gag. I got the feeling she would have screamed the house down.

The only casualty of the evening was the silk blouse and the bra she was wearing. Both had to be cut off since I didn't want to risk unstrapping her arms. Her strength had caught me off guard and my throbbing shin reminded me her feet were equally dangerous.

Five minutes later, though, I had her just the way I wanted. Removing the ball gag after telling her it would go right back in again if she made too much noise, Laura asked through her sobs, "Why are you doing this to me? Please let me go."

I sat down next to her and stroked her hair. She flinched almost as if I'd struck her.

"Laura, ever since I met you, I've wanted to share something very special with you, but you've always shut me out. I think it's caused us both a lot of pain."

"I've tried to be a good wife. I've never refused you."

"You've never refused to let me stick my cock in you, you mean. There are a lot of other things involved in lovemaking, though, and everyone of those you've denied to me. Tonight I'm going to show you. That's why I'm doing this."

"If you let me go, I'll do anything you want."

"No, Laura, I don't think you will. Now, you can lie there and enjoy this, or you can lie there and fight this, but either way, it's going to happen."

"But I have to use the john!"

"Sorry, Laura, you'll just have to pee on the bed. I'll clean you up after if I have to."

"James, if you don't release me this minute, our marriage is over!"

At that point I left the room for a few minutes, going into our bedroom to take off my clothes. Actually, now that things were underway, I was eager to begin and I had everything ready, but I wanted Laura to be off balance, unsure of what I was up to.

Waiting out in the hallway, I heard her call for me after about 3 minutes. Another 10 minutes passed with several more calls, some angry-sounding, some worried before I tiptoed back into the room. She was struggling silently, trying to loosen the straps that held her spread open and pinned to the bed.

Picking up an ostrich feather, I leaned over, touching her cheek with it. She gasped in shock.

"What is that?"

"Does it matter?" I replied softly as I continued to stroke her face with it. "Just know that I love you very much and that I'm doing this for both of us."

"Let me go. Please, James, let me go," she repeated.

"All in good time, my dear, all in good time."

At that point, I stopped responding to her entreaties and put the feather to very good use on every part of her body -- except the naughty ones. They'd wait before they'd get anything more than the accidental swipe of a passing feather.

By the light of the bedside lamp I watched her body for any signs of arousal or enjoyment. The first time I flicked across one nipple on my way down to her right hip, she gasped, and it began to swell and tighten. She'd stopped speaking after a few minutes and I wondered what was going on in her head.

Feeling that the time was right to move forward, I began using the feather very lightly on the inner part of her legs. Near her left knee, I must have touched something sensitive because she jerked and mumbled, "Tickles."