All Comments on 'The Ridge'

by amyredek

Sort by:
  • 23 Comments
KentishKentishover 12 years ago
WOW

not a fan of long stories on here but once started on this I couldn't stop until the end. Really enjoyed it.

Bob

AnonymousAnonymousover 12 years ago
Same as ..

Same as above on the long stories but I could not stop reading once I started and for your long and very good story ~~ you got a '5' from me and I will try and remember your name as to look for you in the future.

Thanks. JAG

AnonymousAnonymousover 12 years ago
Nice ..

a true novella. Keep writing.

For other readers out there - use the Safari browser - it allows you to read the entire story in one page. Just click the 'Reader' tab in the address bar.

PleaznerPleaznerover 12 years ago
A great read!

The story line brought my attention, the story kept it!

Great job.

AnonymousAnonymousover 12 years ago
One Issue

I'm about halfway through, and enjoying the writing in general, but if I keep seeing the word "negress" I'm going to have to stop. I dare you to walk into any predominantly black neighborhood and use the word "negress." Go ahead. Just make sure your major medical is paid up first. Under what rock have you been living for the last forty years???

obtusemanobtusemanover 12 years ago
good story, not great because of parochial predjudices

lowered 5 rating to 4. Not only was the negress offensive (and I'm a white boy) but the story seemed to have an un-american flair. Wow, a big, brutish Texan bully. He's the leader? Woman whore's herself out for a light and the other's a fundamentalist Christian with no capacity to distinguish good from evil? Even the 'good' American was mafia-princeling using an alias. The Australian wasn't treated very well, either. I thought you would be British; but, saw by your bio that you location was Spain. Expat maybe?

kiwiplumkiwiplumover 12 years ago
Haha

On the last comment by a touchy american :) Get over it, the story was written by an older man in that style.

AnonymousAnonymousover 12 years ago
very good story!!

I would recommend it to anyone. One of the best stories I have read on this site. Do more of them.

papagrizpapagrizover 12 years ago
AN EXCELLENT STORY

Really enjoyed the story which was well written and flowed very well. You have a very good imagination and write an enjoyable story. I would be happy to see another story like this from you. Keep writing.

woodcutter2woodcutter2over 12 years ago
Enjoyed the plot

Good story, I thought getting all the girls naked was quite amusing. I personally think that having clothes on, leaving something to the imagination is a better approach. There was some erotic coupling at the start of the story however toward the middle of the story it became a little tedious, he slept with one, then the next night another... not much erotica... however.. forgetting the lack of erotica I enjoyed the story. It kept me hooked, I was interested to see where this was going. Glad the girls didn't break into any unrealistic spontaneous girl on girl action.

During your story the ‘King’ character used racially offensive language, it didn’t offend me as I am aware of reality, and of the ignorant bigots that co-exist with modern humans, much as Neanderthals may have also once co-existed.

Like some of your previous reviewers I was disappointed by the often repeated use of the word ‘Negress’. I would consider this an archaic term, offensive to many. The continued use of this term in your narrative is in danger of dragging you down into the knuckle dragging collective of the bigoted and ignorant.

KenfromIndyKenfromIndyover 12 years ago
enjoyable read!

Nice writing, good storyline. Interesting on the nationalities but someone(s) have to be the bad guys.

Makes a better story to have groups fighting rather than work together. Still gave it 5 star (yes I am an American)

Look forward to more of your writing!

Well worth time to read!

Thank you for posting

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago
Best story on this site

My personal favorite story on this site. Wish there was a sequel but I doubt that would happen. Great job!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 9 years ago
Utterly Fantastic

I couldn't stop reading until the end. Hated that Pearl, James, Stacey and Toni died. But the story was utterly fantastic.

tazz317tazz317almost 9 years ago
I DONT THINK GILLIAGAN HAS ANY WORRIES

if he should come to this island retreat. TK U MLJ LV NV

tazz317tazz317almost 9 years ago
THIS STORY WOULD MAKE A GREAT MOVIE

or at least a documentary. TK U MLJ LV NV

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
Amazing

It was a great story as well as satisfying my somewhat abundant sex drive ;) thrilling, well written and definitely worth looking to publish

Kookaburra8Kookaburra8over 7 years ago
Brilliant story however

I must be in the minority here, I love long stories, especially good ones like this one plus I myself didn't have a problem the the word Negress in this story, WHY, I thought the word was used in the right text depleting Kings true character. A loud mouthed American chauvinistic pig a bully and a Racist. So where is the problem??? Remember people this only a fictional story so don't take it personal for God sake.. For me 🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟well done..

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Wonderful

Quite an enjoyable read; spun me all kinds of ways. Loved every word!

Thank you.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
One of the best reads on Literotica

Really enjoyed the story from start to finish. Marvelous job you have done. The beginning up until the crash was in my opinion a bit colorful in terms of sentence length. But that was indeed the only thing that I noticed. Keep up the good work!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
Too good.

I ended up staying awake until after 1 AM to finish, when I had a 6 AM meeting.

Danni1964Danni1964over 4 years ago
FANTASTIC

I have read hundreds of stories on this site and this, by far is the best story I have read. This author should have made this story into a book. He would be rich! Very well written, just an amazing story!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Second time read for me. Better the second time around. Cripes, how do people come up with all the details which as an engineer makes perfect sense. Author, thank you.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

This was a great adventure story. The characters were developed pretty well. The plot flowed very well, and never seemed to drag. The only major drawback for me was that the editing was poor, with misspellings, bad grammar, and lousy punctuation slipping through to the published story. If you improve your editing skills I think this story would sell.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous