The Ring of Fire Pt. 01

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

My mother's face went white because of having a truth exposed to her that she had no clue about as I continued saying, "I now believe my father was playing against a stacked deck and you were doing it so you could take from him everything that was important to him. I saw how easy it was for you to manipulate my sisters into doing your bidding. There are rumors flowing around that you're planning to do it again with your new husband. I don't know if they are true but based on your past conduct, I can say there not."

"Branden I" she went to say.

But I cut her off by saying, "This conversation is over because I am not ready to forgive any of you for what your actions have caused." With that said I left her sitting at the picnic table and walked back to my car. To this day I wonder if my mother was shocked by my calling her out or because for the first time in her life someone is holding her accountable. In my eyes the conversation could not have gone any better.

Little did I realize at that time that a short conversation with my mother who I had lost total respect for would start a bunch of little confrontations with her side of the family who all believed that I should forgive and let go. Each one ending when I said "if she could do it to my father, she could do it to another. Thanks for your interest but based on her past conduct for my own protection its best she has nothing to do with me."

Tammy texted me as I was driving towards her place to inform me that her parents were waiting to meet me. I expected the tenth degree so was prepared. Like all concerned parents they had their questions and I answered them hoping to calm their concerns. Her father listened as I explained what I had done while I was away and was impressed by my accomplishments during the last five years. With them having knowledge of my father's trial I spent my time disclosing what I had learned since my arrival home. They did not know that my father had won his appeal or that I was starting a suit because of his accidental death.

As Tammy and I were headed out the door her father and mother thanked me for being so courteous and said they were looking forward to getting to know me better.

No sooner were we in the car when Tammy said, "Thank you Bran you really impressed my parents. You by being you showed them the depth of your maturity. They did not know that your father had won his appeal, nor had I told them that you were legally going after all concerned."

"I knew if I wanted to earn their approval that I had to be open and honest. I believed I could trust them because I know I trust you," I said. "Normally people have to prove themselves to me before I will open up and even then, its guarded. If you think about it all caring parents behave the same way when their children brings someone new into their lives."

"Dad says his grandfather and great grandfather walked through their lives the same way," Tammy explained. "Those they became friends with found them as loyal as they come. Dad, I think see a bit of them in you as a result he will never be a problem. With mother having given me the tenth degree the other night I think a lot of her fears ended this evening when you in speaking confirmed what I had been saying."

"Vallation comes when someone else verifies what you have said," I explained, "most will then believe it until something proves otherwise."

As we were driving towards New City Jacks which had been update and remodeled by its new owners, I informed her what had transpired that day.

"Will you ever give your mother and sisters a second chance," Tammy asked?

"Perhaps in time I will be able to once the lawsuit is behind us," I explained, "because of what I have borne witness to in Seattle. The progressives leading that city over the last few years have deliberately done things to destroy the peace of the community while claiming to care about the people in it. The words out of their mouths says one thing yet their actions say another. It's sad because all can see what's being done yet vote ones just as bad back in. It makes me feel that humans as a collective in general automatically do things to make life harder for themselves."

Tammy was quiet for a few but finally spoke as I was parking the car, "Your words had me reflecting on a few things like my relationship with your sisters. Why couldn't I see it before now?"

"When you're surrounded by something on a daily basis it becomes part of your life so much that you accept it as being the way it is. Still does not make what they are doing right but we give it no thought because it's not important enough."

"So, until you mother and sister have been held accountable there is no chance in hell that you will let it go," Tammy observed.

"For two reasons the first I have just explained, the second is because by going forward I'm making sure my father has the final word," I said. "That alone will be a big slap to my mother when she figures out that she did not get the final say."

Tammy caught on to my sarcasm and started to chuckle.

New City Jacks was now an impressive place it had gone from a university's student dive to a place that conveyed the latest thing that was hip. From the lobby you could go left or right most would decide based on which band would be playing. It was a unique design. The two bars were built back-to-back with swinging doors to each side for when needed. It must have been sound proofed because you could not hear the band from one side to the other. Tammy thankfully decided that she wanted to hear a Tribute band imitating the music of Boston because if had been one of her mother's favorites. Tammy learned firsthand that I did not know how to dance. It was a fun few hours of beginning to learn.

After spending a couple of hours with Tammy Thursday night I headed out from the farm Friday morning. My appointed with the investigators my father had hired out of St. Louis was at nine. I had printed out what I could find out by googling Judge Fiona Araceli. The bio would provide them with what was known. They informed me they would begin by getting the states copy of the marriage certificate so that they would have his legal name. Then the hunt to find him would begin. After hearing their rates, I left a deposit of five thousand dollars. Then it was over to the Court House in St. Louis to order a copy of the transcript of my father's appeal. Sunday afternoon shortly after noon I arrived back to my apartment.