All Comments on 'The Rise of Rachel Price T-Girl Pt. 16'

by racheprice

Sort by:
  • 8 Comments
CybergirlzCybergirlz12 months ago

I was in tears, now I'm scared.

AnonymousAnonymous12 months ago

Dumb, punk kid. Instead of going home and thinking things through, Denver has done alot of damage to the one person who can save his grandpa. This 18 year old is too spontaneous and not very bright. Love this story.

AnonymousAnonymous12 months ago

Ms. or Mr. Racheprice,

You are not only a fantastic story teller but also an unnaturally gifted author. You're ability to picture the nuances of personality in a few pages is an amazing experience to read. I really don't have a clue where you're going with this story but that's not the most significant aspect of your writing. What really matters is that these people, particularly Douglas Levant and Rachel are people whose personalities each of us meets along the way. Even without any information on Levant's back story, we can see him as someone hiding a genuine regard for Rachel. Rachel has placed herself in a shallow and unconsidered position. An individual's ethics often make us blind to truths about ourselves and even when we try to act with goodness we often do what is compromised. That's the nature of humanity.

While I would want this to end by Levant and Rachel working out a relationship mutually satisfying I don't know whether that will happen. For example, both Levant and Rachel could see other options rather than a strict parting. Compromising in a relationship need not be difficult. If Rachel can see Levant to be a genuine, loving man and Levant could see the struggle inside Rachel they might be more empathetic toward one another. But that's not for me to say and if Levant is a miserable, cruel, and capricious man, then perhaps Rachel (or Denver) would be a pawn.

In any case, I give you the sincerest of congratulations. Being human is always filled with out own cross-purposes. I love reading your material and I hope you'll continue sharing it with me (or us). I'm addicted.

Thank you.

rachepriceracheprice12 months agoAuthor

I have never seen such a delightful, well-written, and strongly considered comment on this site before. It is truly a phenomenal text that I read and re-read with considerable delight. It is always gratifying when characters resonate with readers, as it shows that the time spent crafting them has not been wasted. I wanted to write something grounded in emotional reality.

I can promise that we will see more of Levant's backstory. The ending, when it comes, will be unforgettable. I am incredibly grateful to have been encouraged by your kind words and those of others. This community is very diverse, with a wide range of expectations. I aimed to write a truly transformative novel, something that encompasses both male and female elements in various combinations. It is gratifying to find people who respond to it.

Regarding Rachel & Denver, I do find myself loving her. As an author, I am concerned for her. I know it sounds strange, but their relationship gets under your skin. However, Rachel can be her own worst enemy, and one cannot avoid the consequences of their own decisions. All I can promise is that I will continue sharing this story with you until the end.

This has been the most rewarding writing project I have undertaken. Thank you again for your sublime words, and I hope you find pleasure in what lies ahead.

Rebecca They/them/theirs

AnonymousAnonymous12 months ago

And I'm sure the end of the story will be satisfying. I find myself loving her too. But when the author has strong feelings for a character it says volumes about the author's ability. Regarding gender specifically, each of us has aspects of both genders. Human procreation is one thing, gender is quite another. Rachel/Denver encompasses both traditional genders and she/he is a wonderfully vivid way of showing that truth.

Every time I read an installment I become a little anxious: not because I wonder what will come next but because the episode I'm reading is worrisome. And the second reason is that I want to see both Levant and Rachel resolve their relationship amicably. I'm afraid that's not going to happen. Given that each of us has a hidden story I want to see Levant's hidden story. I can't tell you whether my reaction is deeper than other readers' but this one is hands above anything else. I suspect my reaction is similar than Cybergirlz.

Yes, Rachel has gotten under my skin, too. Keep the story coming. I'm enjoying your writing more than every other piece on this site and nearly anywhere else.

Michael (also they, them, theirs)

aag900aag90012 months ago

Thank you so so much! Please keep it going! I just love it!

AnonymousAnonymous12 months ago

I hope this story doesn’t end! But how far can you go with it? I loved the movie “Pretty Woman@ & always felt like there should have been a sequel! How much of the character “Rachel” is your own story?

rachepriceracheprice12 months agoAuthor

You said, "I hope this story doesn't end! But how far can you go with it?" Well, you can actually go quite far with it. There is a lot to explore. However, my main concern is avoiding the inclusion of too many chapters. "Pretty Woman" holds significant iconic status, and I must confess that I have a particular fondness for billionaire romances. It is my guilty pleasure of choice, and I feel somewhat shallow admitting it. While a sequel would be intriguing, it would also be challenging to execute. In the original film, all the characters overcome their problems by the end, leaving little conflict for a potential follow-up (which perhaps explains why the original was so successful).

Perhaps they could have developed a storyline where the daughter, twenty years later, discovers the truth, runs away, and potentially forms a relationship with a male or female sex worker of her own. It is akin to attempting to create a sequel to "Cinderella" - a tricky endeavor indeed. Thank you for the inspiration.

I genuinely wish I could respond to everyone - I greatly appreciate all the comments, whether they are extensive or brief. Today, I wanted to make a comment because I have just passed 100 followers, which feels like a significant achievement and is incredibly exciting.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userracheprice@racheprice
Rachel Price is a dangerous and elusive Bay Area writer known for her controversial and provocative works. Born and raised in the San Francisco Bay Area, Rachel began writing at a young age as a means of expressing her complex and often disturbing thoughts and experiences. Sh...