All Comments on 'The Rise of Rachel Price T-Girl Pt. 18'

by racheprice

Sort by:
  • 12 Comments
JulieDraperJulieDraper11 months ago

Another teaser. Enjoying the very intricate descriptions all through this story.

AnonymousAnonymous11 months ago

Wow. How do you generate so many metaphors, similes, allusions, puns, and references:

- small rowing boat shifting in the sky;

- .,..became a real version of Google Earth.

- ...was weird how something could be so familiar and yet, from this angle, suddenly be so unknown and other to itself.

- ...words of Milton and cast them in stone.

The Wallace Stevens poem fits the scene perfectly followed by the pun regarding the nutritionist, "perhaps you should feed me one, (that is, a joke.)" Stevens was that most unique of poets: an insurance executive lawyer by day and profound poet by night.

This is the kind of word play that should make anyone fall in love with Rachel. It's little wonder that Levant is besotted with her. This is the motivation I meant that moves the story along. It's not so much plot-driven but Levant and Rachel's inner lives that are fire and light. It's as if they don't need to have sex: they can live off the passion of two personalities. (No, not really but your story is unique in every way.) I can only imagine how you would write about Levant and Rachel sharing sex capturing what is biological into an experience that only conveys the gift of intimacy in the most profound way.

AnonymousAnonymous11 months ago

I suppose I should sign in so that all the references to similes, allusions, and poetry are clearly from the same person. Whenever Literotica gets around to approving my login address, I can be contacted.

annika_unknown

rachepriceracheprice11 months agoAuthor

Yes, just to be clear, that is Rachel being funny. Stevens was an insurance executive lawyer by day and a profound poet by night—who knew? It reminds everyone that you don't have to be a professional to create great work. I believe everyone has at least one great storybook or song in them. I've read on various literature websites like Inkitt and Wattpad, and what I've noticed is that there isn't a single thing I've read that doesn't have at least one original idea. We should welcome that. It means we are not robots we are all capable of so much when we share.

As for how I generate so much stuff? I guess I keep getting pulled back to Rachel's story and rereading it. It's tempting to make little alterations each time, and they accumulate. I wanted to create a truly trans novel, so I put more time into it than I can reasonably justify. It's good to know people appreciate the effort.

thanks again for your time reading and time feeding back.

Rache

AnonymousAnonymous11 months ago

Levant keeps turning up the heat and she can definitely feel it. To him there is no ten month contract. Love this story.

EricaDoesNowEricaDoesNow11 months ago

It is so hard to think that this is your first story. You are a suburb writer, and I await each episode.

annika_unknownannika_unknown11 months ago

In any case it's great word play.

Regarding Stevens, I'd agree. He was not only a great poet but you've read him and you know his material. Looking through history it's profound that professional status doesn't guarantee great work, although professional status may pay some bills. Poets, composers, historian, even particle physicists share the unique attribute that they use those intuitive, magical moments where answers seem to come from nowhere. What is really magical is that the gifted recognize those intuitive moments and use them.

Among humans, across nationalities, gender (whatever that means), and environment, those moments are alive. There is nothing more mystical and magical than those experiences. No one can train themselves to experience them, we can only hope that we have those times when those insights and intuitions appear.

As another "thank you," there are references to artists that have been a wonderful education. You must live in a magical place along with the sensitivity to be familiar with those artists.

For you, the author, I can see why you have fallen in love with her. I have fallen for her, too. Although she's a character on a "page," her life is fantasy, hope, and willful extension into the future. I'm grateful that Rachel has appeared in my imagination.

Annika

rachepriceracheprice11 months agoAuthor

Thanks Annika for all your inspired and kind words. The artist(s) are about to go crazy on the next chapter.

snornsnorn11 months ago

Beautiful as usual.

AnonymousAnonymous11 months ago

So was LeVant wife a T- girl too? Like your story!

aag900aag90011 months ago

Thank you so much for sharing this story! I wish it continues forever!

I wonder how you get the inspiration for so many things happening in the story! Keeping things moving forward and not being afraid of changing something fundamental in the story to allow it to keep moving forward! You’re very inspiring! And this story touches those fibers that I just can’t express or understand how it means so much! It is addictive and unpredictable!

Please ding be afraid of it having many chapters! Some of my favorite books have over 100 chapters!

rachepriceracheprice11 months agoAuthor

@agg900 Yes, there is plenty of plot to come, with quite a few twists and turns. I hope people won't get bored. It all builds up to the big climax that no one will forget.

Glad its hitting the right spot.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userracheprice@racheprice
128 Followers
Rachel Price is a dangerous and elusive Bay Area writer known for her controversial and provocative works. Born and raised in the San Francisco Bay Area, Rachel began writing at a young age as a means of expressing her complex and often disturbing thoughts and experiences. Sh...