The Rise of the Spell Caster

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Sorry? That's it? You killed thousands!

NO. Sylvan and Maeve did, were you not listening? This all started when Maeve allowed my egg to be removed from the Wilds. That's when my mate and I came up with this idea.

Daniel was looking at the others now and he could see their impatience even though only mere seconds had passed. Hold on guys. I'm trying to get all the details.

Grace scowled. What do you know so far?

Sylvan is a Wilds Child working for Maeve, and he trapped the female in the male egg when Yanwey was destroyed.

Glenda gasped.

Daniel had a thought. He extended his bond to the phoenix inside him. Immediately his party, including Glenda and Roger, moaned with the exquisite sexuality of the female phoenix across the bond.

Okay, phoenix, talk, started Daniel. Maeve allowed your egg to be removed from the Wilds. You ended up with me and my parents and then put a copy of yourself in me?

More or less, yes. You were such a beautiful human child with such a good heart. My mate decided it would be best if I left a memory of me inside you. A failsafe, he called it. He's always so tactical and stuff. Over time, I empowered you with magic but had to wait until you discovered how to tap into it. Watching you masturbate was very stimulating. I enjoyed that. And now it's made you the strongest spell caster the world has ever seen. You should be thankful, really. It would only be polite.

Thankful? Do you not realise the harm that has happened? The fae are going to war early! Yanwey was destroyed! This is horrible!

Yes, it is. I'll remind you that none of this is our fault. You want to blame someone? Blame Maeve. She wants all her fae children and the humans destroyed. Maeve's done with all the fighting. She wants to disappear into the world and live in peace and quiet. But it won't last. She's insane. She'll quickly become bored again. Then she'll pull more humans and fae into this world. Hard to say. She's hardly predictable.

She pulled the humans here?

Oh yes. She lured you here from across the Void and you heeded the siren call. She's not a very nice person. But you know that already.

Daniel felt lost in his thoughts. This was too much for him to process.

He turned his thoughts, instead, to his party. Guys, you heard. She says we have to grab the egg and take it to Yanwey since the area is already destroyed. One of the phoenixes will emerge. Then the cycle restarts.

Jasmine snorted. This is all bullshit. Daniel, you HAD the egg before. You took it off Eric's corpse. Why didn't the phoenixes say, wow, great, okay, head to Yanwey and let's do this now. Why all the rest of the crap we went through?

The phoenix laughed. Glenda over there understands. It had to happen this way because everything needs to line up correctly. That solution would not have changed fate. Maeve would still be seeking to wipe out everyone. This fateful path has an out for everyone.

Everyone looked at Glenda and she nodded once, her eyes on the fae leaders and Arbuckle. Maeve was scowling and looked pretty upset.

I hate to admit it, but she's correct, she sent. But I have no vision of what comes next other than Daniel surrounded by flame.

Grace nodded. I have also seen this. I am never wrong. Despite what that asshole said.

Daniel cursed. So how do we wrest the egg from Sylvan and get out of here? And deal with the fae and Sylvan? And Arbuckle. And Maeve. Dammit!

They all looked at Maeve, the fae leaders, Arbuckle, and Sylvan. Grace smiled at them. "I think we have a problem," she said.

Titania and Rhiannon both raised their right eyebrows. Rhiannon spoke first.

"You don't say. Why are we gathered here under a flag of parlay? What is it you want?" She looked directly at Arbuckle. "And what is this puny human and his pitiful army doing here with Maeve of all people? Interfering with the affairs of the fae is punishable by death." She grinned at him and licked her lips.

Arbuckle looked furious at her words, but Sylvan touched his arm and he immediately relaxed. Maeve moved closer to Sylvan, watching Daniel closely. Her eyes were narrowed, and her pointed teeth exposed.

Daniel sent a question to his party. What do we tell them?

Grace ignored him. "Mother, it appears events are out of your control and have accelerated the fae war. You've been duped into being here."

Rhiannon glared at Grace. "Duped? By whom?"

Grace pointed at Maeve. "Her."

Maeve mockingly smiled and did a poor imitation of a curtsey.

Rhiannon looked at Maeve, then Titania, and then back to Grace and then laughed. "Too funny! As if I could ever be duped by the likes of her!"

Titania joined in the laughter and soon their husbands joined them. Maeve grinned at Daniel and his companions and winked.

Daniel saw equal disbelief from his companions.

The phoenix spoke to his party across his bonds. You'll never convince them. They cannot fight the power and strength of Maeve. They are her playthings.

Grace looked at Daniel but spoke to the phoenix. And what power is that? I have never understood it, and no one has ever explained it.

The phoenix answered to all of them, but pointedly to Grace. Sweet child. Maeve was the first of your kind. We remember when she was banished here to this world. Soon afterward, bored, she created the Light and Night fae. Then she created the cycle of life and death for her amusement. She watched you battle every hundred years. Everything happening here is part of her amusement.

Through the bond, Daniel could sense how this little titbit of information rocked Grace's world.

I-I thought she was equal to my mother and Titania? she sent.

No, replied the phoenix. Never equal. She is your creator. Daniel sensed the phoenix examining Grace closer. But you, Grace, are a mix of the two. And very powerful. You are closer to being Maeve's equal. This is how you resist her charms and games. Like Daniel, you produce mana. All others are consumers. Mana creates life. If you can create mana, you can create... other living things.

Lady Phoenix? asked Bitty. She sounded timid across the bond.

Yes, ancient one?

What did you just call me?

You are an ancient one. Like the phoenixes, gnomes are the original occupants of this world. I was pleased that Daniel was able to remove Maeve's curse from you and your kin. My mate and I were powerless to do anything as we watched Maeve curse your kind all those years ago. She knew you could stop her efforts to dominate the world. The bond between gnomes, what you call your network, thwarts her ability to sow deceit and cast illusions on weaker minds. She can't pull you into her world if you have a lifeline out of it.

Daniel jerked in place. Is this like the bond of a witches' circle?

Everyone felt the phoenix smile mentally. Perhaps.

Daniel smiled. Everyone, we need that fucking egg and we need to get it now and get the fuck out of here. How do we make that happen? We're surrounded by three gods-be-damned armies.

Chapter Twelve

RHIANNON TURNED HER liger and started it moving away.

Grace called out. "Wait, mother! Stop! We have to talk!"

Rhiannon didn't stop. "I've heard enough. Seriously, what a complete waste of time. You disappoint me once again, daughter. Come, Pwyll. We have a war to wage."

"Yes, dear," replied Pwyll and his mount followed her.

Titania smirked at Grace and turned her stag back toward her army. "Come along Oberon. Time for the adults to have their fun now."

Grace cried out. "Please stop! This is insane! No one needs to die! Don't you see? This is pointless! This is all Maeve's doing!"

Maeve chortled from where she stood beside Sylvan. "It's no use, half-breed. This is the cycle. You can't stop it. It's ordained. By me."

Grace whirled on Maeve. "You dare call me half-breed when I am more like you than anyone else?"

Maeve's eyebrows shot up. "Colour me impressed. How ever did you figure that out?" She glared at Glenda.

"It doesn't matter. Stop this! No one has to die!"

Maeve laughed. "Of course they do! Everything here was created by me just so I could watch them all die! It's sooo much fun. I adore watching that last little gleam of hope in peoples' eyes fade away into nothing. That moment of recognition that everything they were, everything they knew and loved, will vanish in a moment. Death is a return to oblivion." Maeve exaggerated a full body shudder. "Makes me wet!" She looked over at Daniel. "So do you, big boy."

She beckoned at him with a finger. "Come here. I want another kiss."

Daniel shook his head.

"I said, come HERE!"

Daniel lurched forward a step and then stopped, clearly straining against the compulsion.

"Daniel!" called out his girls in unison.

Daniel struggled physically, but Maeve pulled him closer, smirking. Each forced step saw his feet and legs shake with his effort to stop it. Jennifer pulled her sword and started toward Maeve, but Maeve shot her a look and Jennifer froze in place.

"Roger! Do something!" called out Glenda.

Roger lifted his bow and an arrow appeared in his right hand and he nocked it against the magic bowstring and sharply pulled back to a full draw. Maeve gestured, and the bowstring and arrow burst into sparks. Roger cursed and shook his hand where the sparks burnt him.

Daniel's witches grabbed hands and started chanting, but another gesture from Maeve and they grabbed at their throats. No words would emerge.

Jason, Brian, and Grace all started to run to Daniel, but Maeve merely laughed, and they froze in place.

"Really, you people have no idea how much strength I wield. This is MY world. I make the rules. Now Daniel, stop fighting. I want that kiss!"

They all watched in horror as Daniel lurched across the grass toward Maeve. Sylvan was leering at Daniel and Arbuckle was watching in horror.

They could see Daniel fighting the compulsion. He lurched left and right, but Maeve corrected him. Just as he stepped right up to Maeve, he fought the hardest and lurched sideways into Sylvan. Sylvan pushed him away with a laugh and right into Maeve's embrace.

The kiss was horrible to watch. Maeve all but slavered his face. It went on far longer than it should have, and the witches cried out in horror and anger. Maeve broke the kiss and pushed Daniel away. He rocked backward and then landed hard on his ass.

"Bitch!" he said to her, looking up at her haughty form. He wiped at his face.

Maeve laughed and turned away. "Come Sylvan and Arbuckle. I have a war to watch. I want my tent and chair set up at once. Plus bring me those snacks you humans make. Those puffed-up corn kernels. I want to try that. Come along! Don't dawdle!"

As they walked away, the witches rushed to Daniel's side and helped him back up to his feet. Jasmine wet the hem of her shirt with her spit and wiped at Daniel's mouth.

He sputtered. "Ew! Stop that!"

The Circle gathered round Daniel. "What now?" asked Roger, watching the fae leaders and Maeve exit the field.

Daniel looked south toward Yanwey. "We get the fuck out of here before Sylvan discovers I swapped the egg for a rock."

Grace purred. "I want to fuck you so bad right now."

Jason nodded his head. "Me too."

Amber grabbed Daniel's hand and pulled. "Come on! Run!"

* * *

They ran south for ten minutes before Amber cried out for everyone to stop. The plea heard in her voice did what her words did not, and they halted and turned to her.

"What?" grumbled Glenda. "We have to get out of here!"

"Where to? Yanwey? How far is that from here?" scowled Amber and she got right up into Glenda's face. "How long until Sylvan figures out Daniel snatched the egg? Then what? Maeve can stop us with a thought it looks like!"

Glenda glared at Amber. "What other choice do we have? We have to stop my vision of Daniel burning the world!"

"We need another option! Something we can do NOW!"

Jasmine and Amy reached out and held Amber's arms and pressed up against her. "Like what?"

Amber looked at Daniel. "Do something!" she pleaded.

Daniel looked surprised. "Me? What can I do?"

"I don't know!" cried out Amber in exasperation. "Ask the bird inside you! She must know! Why does she have to explode in fire and stuff? Why is that the only option?"

Daniel blinked. "Good question. Hey, phoenix? Can you answer that?"

There was a moment of hesitation and then the phoenix inside Daniel responded. No, but perhaps the real me and my mate can. Ask them. You have the egg.

Daniel doubted anyone of the fae, or Maeve, could see him pull out the egg from where they were, but he still pulled it out carefully and held it in both hands. It was black and white and growing warmer and warmer by the second.

"Hello? Can you hear me?" he asked the egg.

Bitty shook her head. "Try bonding with it."

Daniel did as Bitty asked. He used his sight to locate the swirling energies inside the egg and send the bond inwards. The bond was snatched faster than he could think, and his vision swam. He felt a lurch and suddenly he was floating in a wide-open expanse. Wherever he looked he saw nothing but white haze.

"What the..."

"Hello, dearest Daniel." The soft, sultry voice of the female phoenix washed over him, almost as if she were standing right behind him. He whirled in place, not knowing how he did it, to find a gorgeous woman floating before him. She was dressed in a gossamer gown that started as white at her shoulders but morphed into a fiery red by the time it reached the bottom hem. Her breasts were overly large and hardened, cherry-red, nipples could be easily seen through the thin threads of her gown. Her hair was as white as snow, and her lips as red as the most succulent rose. The only thing strange about her were her eyes. They were a startling red with vertical slits for pupils.

Daniel felt mirth from the phoenix inside him when his cock surged to full hardness in moments. He opened his mouth, but her beauty stole his words away.

"Come," beckoned the phoenix and Daniel felt the phoenix imprint inside him surge and then fly to the female phoenix in front of him.

The phoenix sucked in a deep breath as they merged.

"Oh! That's wonderful! I'm back! What wonderful adventures you've had since that day I first met you as a child. And such wonderful sexy times!"

"Um, hi?"

"How nice of you to visit. Did you know bonds go both ways? But that doesn't matter right now. What's important is I can see a little of myself in you." The woman in front of him laughed with a beautiful peel that made his heart soar.

"You're the female phoenix?" asked Daniel, after finding his voice.

"You may call me Aurelia."

"That's a beautiful name."

"I know."

Daniel had nothing to say to that and stared at her.

She tittered. "My bad. I can be such a tease sometimes. I'm so glad you finally spoke to the memory of me inside you. We met so very long ago, do you remember? You were nothing but a child. But a real cutey."

Daniel shook his head. "I remember holding you, I think, as the egg."

"Yes. But we spoke then. I told you bad things were going to happen but to not be afraid and that one day we would meet again. And here we are."

Daniel looked around him. "Isn't your mate here, too?"

"Oh yes. His name is Aiden. I asked him to let me meet you first."

"Why?"

"He can be a bit intimidating."

"We don't have much time."

"Inside here, we have more time than you think."

Aurelia spun around, her gown lifting up and revealing she was completely hairless, and her ass was stunning. She stopped mid-spin, with her back toward Daniel and bent over a little. She looked back at him and batted her red eyes. "Like what you see?"

Daniel nodded, his cock straining in his pants.

She laughed and stood up and faced him. "I should stop. I'll make Aiden jealous, and you wouldn't like that. He's all war, death, and anger stuff." She looked around.

"Is he nearby?" asked Daniel, suddenly worried about a jealous husband, or mate, or whatever they were.

"Call Bitty, please."

"Pardon?"

"She needs to be here. Call her please."

"I just call out, Hey Bitty! And she'll appear?"

"By the Gods!" cried out Bitty, suddenly appearing beside Daniel, who yelped.

Bitty stared up at Aurelia with something akin to complete awe. "You're a phoenix!"

Aurelia tittered and knelt before Bitty. "Yes, I am, ancient one. As the Emissary to Daniel, it is now your responsibility to join him to the network. Once that is done you will be able to join all humans in the world. Do you understand?"

Bitty looked dazed for a moment and then her eyes lit up. "I DO! Of course!"

Daniel was confused. "Ah, Bitty? What are you talking about?"

Bitty turned to Daniel. "The network! The gnome network! It's kind of like how bees work together. All gnomes can communicate with one another. Like the bond you shared with all of us. I am the Emissary. I thought I knew what that meant before. I thought it more about policing the relationship between you and the gnomes, but it's much more than that!"

Daniel shook his head. "Still not getting it."

"Maeve can't influence people who are bonded! She can't isolate them."

"You mean...."

Bitty nodded her head vigorously and hugged Daniel's legs, her bald head thumping into his erection. Daniel winced.

"So, we bond with the gnomes. But how does that help everyone else?" he asked.

"Bitty will tell you," answered Aurelia. "Soon I have to leave the egg. I've been trapped in here for too long and I will be forced out any moment. That might wipe out half the realm."

"Half the realm?"

"Oh, yes. This will be a real whammy. The world has never experienced something of this magnitude. I mean, it's all conjecture on my part, but I think it will be exponentially larger than normal."

"How do we stop that?"

Aurelia tapped her chin in thought. "Regarding the bond thing. Reverse the spell Gwydion tried on you. Say that to Amber. She'll figure it out." Aurelia hummed a little. "At least, I think that should work... Oh! Include the egg in the ritual. If not, your reach won't be large enough. There's more spirit in this egg than you can imagine."

"But what about the explosion? How do we stop that?"

Aurelia made a dismissive motion and was watching Bitty.

Bitty had worked her small hands inside his pants and drew out his straining cock. "If I blow you in here, where we really aren't, and you cum, and then we go back out, will I have cum in my mouth or not?"

Aurelia was watching Bitty with amusement. "Good question, ancient one. Let's find out, shall we?"

Bitty took Daniel down her throat in one gulp and Daniel moaned.

Aurelia watched Daniel watching Bitty. "You love her, don't you."

"Very much so."

"You love all your ladies, don't you?"

"Yes."

"But Grace most of all?"

Daniel looked up in alarm at Aurelia. "No! I could never!"

Aurelia stepped closer, pressing Bitty up against him. She was still bobbing on Daniel's cock with enthusiasm. Daniel knew he should stop her, but he couldn't make himself do it. The sexual energy flooding off Aurelia was making him dizzy with desire. He could barely focus on his thoughts.

"It's fine," hushed Aurelia. "Really. Love is love and there are many levels and types to it. You may love your dog or cat, or your mother and father, or your wife, or sweetheart. You may love a favourite book or story. The feel of a warm bed on a cold winter night. Love comes in many forms. You and Grace have a special love. A first love. That moment in Acron in the tavern. Remember? When she saw you, she fell for you. She just didn't know it then. She only saw a human with potential, but there was something there she couldn't recognise yet because she had never loved anyone before. Same with you, but you were all caught up in her strange look and sexual appeal. But even back then you saw through her glamour and saw the real Grace. Your ladies will help you get through this. They are not stupid women. Women rarely are, especially with regard to love. They see it for what it is. They won't be mad or jealous, I promise. Besides, you all have enough love to last generations...."