All Comments on 'The Road to Love'

by littleOneWon

Sort by:
  • 16 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
How many stories?

It felt like you tried too hard.

There were too many stories within stories.

Each one had the makings of a stand alone.

Well you gave it a go.

Cheers

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Should have been multiple stories

There were probably three good stories there, but it turned into one mediocre, confusing story. Giving it a four was the best I could do.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Sorry

All guys would want to know if their father really is their biological father!

The comment from his mother about him looking like the AC repair guy would have not been forgotten!

fishgetterfishgetterover 3 years ago

I have read ( some of it ) another 12 page 'tale' from you. Too much talk in it, so I just went to the last page, and rated 1 star, and entered the comment. You need to read my comment on the story of seeing the signs.

someoneothersomeoneotherover 3 years ago

I got to page 3 and the story was just droning on, and at that point, I could not see myself reading this stuff for another 8 pages.

hectarehectareabout 3 years ago
Well written

I enjoyed this very much. I'm a fan of longer stories with well fleshed out major characters. Jane, Violet and Beth we're nice touches. I liked the events of the third year anniversary but also liked that Roy put all that aside to live in the now. The device of putting the cheating wives tale in the past of Roy and Peaches' families was brilliant--all the bad happened outside the context of their romance.

Becky is a little too good to be true, but this is fiction and anything can happen.

Your editing was very well done too, nothing to detract from the story flow. 5*

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

He doesn't want to catch a disease from the slut daughter, but he'll do a women who's cheating on her husband ? Jesus, even at 17 I was not that stupid. I stopped reading at that point -- you should have made her a widow or something where she didn't look like she might be a slut.

Schwanze1Schwanze1almost 3 years ago

Page 1 done. Couldn’t finish it.

tazzman694utazzman694uover 2 years ago

A story full of cheaters. Roy included when he slept with the 2 married women. But he couldn't handle the "disrespect" from Monica? All were given justifications for their cheating. All cheaters suck regardless of what justification that the author gives them.

miqael69miqael69over 1 year ago

Good story. In some points I had a tear in me eyes. And for tazzman world aint black and white we all have to grow and learn to be the best versions og ou selfs.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Started good went down hill at terminal velocity...

brian_scoobybrian_scoobyover 1 year ago

Very enjoyable read. Thoroughly loved this story, with all the whole time frame, ups & downs, etc. And, I appreciated the past girlfriends simple updates. That added a very nice… added closure. Thank-you, this is definitely one of your best stories!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Pretty cool read, kind of a coming of age story in my mind. The influence of Darla, in his dreams and the vision, was sweet. I liked the wrapup but too bad about Monica. That was a tragedy from beginning to end. I might add that scenes of Roy’s mother’s cheating and the outcome was - I don’t know - horrific. Maybe one of the worst human outcomes of the act I’ve read here. Some well, but unpleasant to contemplate. 5 stars.

Schwanze1Schwanze1about 1 year ago

Couldn’t get past early page 2

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Interesting and somewhat enjoyable, definitely had its ups and downs. 4*

bobareenobobareeno5 months ago

When he met the sister and she thrust her tongue in his mouth and checked his erection, I read too far.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userlittleOneWon@littleOneWon
I write as hobby. I try to avoid formula pieces as much as possible. No came home early, found a car in the driveway, etc. Having said that, it's probably impossible to make a completely new story. As the good book says, "There's nothing new under the sun." I'm sure that stori...

SIMILAR Stories