The Ruined Castle

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"I still feel..."

"Doan feel anythin' except the wind on your face and a song in your heart, young man." The ageless old man lifted my heavy bike like it was nothing. "Now ride back to the lowlands and spend a few days gettin' rid of those." He pointed to my neck. "Mary'll na' follow ya there, lad. Now go...off with ya! Keep the settin' sun on your right, and you'll be fine!"

As I rode off around the curve, I realized I hadn't thanked the old man and, remembering my manners, I quickly reversed my direction. In a few seconds, I was back to where I'd left him not a minute ago, and the road was empty. The long, meandering strip of black macadam ahead was empty, too. The land was silent and devoid of anything but me and my machine, along with the ruined castle and whatever silent spirits watched me from the craggy summits.

As unique, strange, and different as this was for me, I realized that I had become part of just another Highland legend: a single line in a volume that spans the ages, without beginning or end.

12