All Comments on 'The Runaways'

by Just Plain Bob

Sort by:
  • 13 Comments
duddle146duddle146over 17 years ago
Last ditch erotic Stand.

The trial and travails of Mindy - about to get married she lives it up until the last. Finally she stands in front of an Elvis Impersonator and says I do. *Whew* This one made me tired just trying to follow all the sexy action. Good One! JPB

AnonymousAnonymousover 17 years ago
men don't want other men sluts for wives

the theme you like to bring across is slut is a good wife.men don't want sluts around their kids.

AnonymousAnonymousover 17 years ago
Agree with......

I have to agree with "don't want sluts for a wife or raising your kids. Tell your girlfriend to keep the fuck out of your writing, her ending is moronic. Better yet, stick your dick up her ass and keep her busy while you write. Good luck.

AnonymousAnonymousover 17 years ago
Certainly different

This story was an interesting take on the runaway bride/groom theme - rather than the bride or groom running away from commitment, they are both running away - from the issue of her virginity! Her lies about her being a virgin, and his assumption that only a "taste-tested" woman is safe to marry in order to avoid sexual dissatisfaction lead to a farce worthy of an Alan Ayckbourn or a dememted, sex-crazed P.G. Wodehouse. It was with a feeling of inevitability that I realized that the would-be bride and groom would wind up having crazed, screaming sex with total strangers in adjoining bedrooms. How appropriate.

If we can even try to take these characters seriously, we'd have to agree that the problem they have is communications first and foremost. It's one thing to not risk early dating by alluding to sexual experiences, but to get all the way to the wedding day with neither of them willing to tell the truth about their lives and expectations is a bad sign for any hope of stable matrimony. His relying on his peers for an assessment of how women respond sexully to marriage is just as silly as is her hoping that her sexual experience won't ruin their marriage. To have them separately run away from the church on the verge of the wedding was an inspired stroke of pure farce. To have them both get picked up by total strangers for steamy sex on that same night in that same town kills any chance we have of taking these two seriously; you'd expect them to be emotional basket cases, but instead they go to a meat market and get picked up like any divorced cruiser.

I'm no fan of alternate ending stories - I think it's important for an author to go ahead and choose the best ending of the tale. In this case, I'd prefer a combination of the two endings - rather than a "ships pass in the night" endin like the author seems to prefer, I think that a confrontation is more likely, but I really can't see these two running off to Vegas in the morning. There are too many lies, misconceptions, and now actions to work through before any move forward in marriage could be possible. Most likely outcome would be a decision to NOT marry, given the situation. I suspect, for example, that the husband-to-be would find this way too much of a good thing - he may not want a frigid virgin, but would he really want a woman who cheerfully engages in all-night-long screaming threeways with total strangers on what might have been her wedding night? At the very least, he's going to worry about her ability to lie about what she's done and wants. How is she really going to feel about him doing the same thing? And why is it that he can't tell it's his ex-fiancee screaming "fuck me" in the next room? Did he not know her at all?

Other posters have had a lot to say about how he should never trust her, she's a slut, etc, etc, and I'm prompted to make the following comments, just as if this were somekind of real-life situation:

a) Why is she the slut here? OK, she had a lot of sexual experience, she was excited about three-way sex with total strangers, she's screaming for double penetration, etc. But it's not like he's any better. We don't know what his experience was, but he wound up in the same position - sex with a complete stranger. Why is she the risk?

b) virginity != frigidity. Who has he been getting his information from? Women who are determined to keep their sexual lives for their husbands are not automatically uninterested in sex - they're inexperienced. They can be just as interested as he is, and probably can be just as passionate.

c) Women are either uninhibited or they are complete prudes. Women in general get more uninhibited and sexually expressive as they get older. There is no "toggle switch" turning the shy virgin into a cock-hungry wanton. It requires time, care, and security to make a woman into a real bedroom tigress, and that requires the man to be patient, kind, and understanding.

d) Lies don't make for a good basis for marriage. If I had to make a recommendation to the guy, it would be to not marry the girl, based on the lies and her happy leap into an unprotected threesome when I would have expected her to be withdrawn and jumpy, worrying about whether or not she made a good decision. On the other hand, I'd never advise any woman to marry him - he's only interested in his wife meeting his sexual expectations. When she doesn't (and no real-world woman is going to be that wanton all the time), he'll be angry and probably go out and find a one-night stand to appease his childish lusts.

e) The past (should be) the past. The only reason that past experiences matter in marriage is the effect they have on the relationship, which is a matter of habits. If she's honest about her past, he will get over it. If nothing else, people are too lazy to carry small worries around with them. Lying about it is far worse than having a past to talk about.

f) Where are the grownups? This whole situation could have been avoided if they had talked to older, more experienced people. This is something her mother and his father (or similar mentors) should be able to forestall.

BfreetorunBfreetorunover 10 years ago
I might have missed a good story but you fucked up.

You told me it was a multiple ending story at the start. It just came to me from out of the blue, I will go back and read the story and just read the first ending only. How's that?

BfreetorunBfreetorunover 10 years ago
Well, I slipped into the second ending before I knew it.

And I liked her ending much better.

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
She's not a virgin, she's a slut!

Why would Rob want to saddle himself with THAT? Sorry Bob, but this made no sense whatsoever.

IkarisIkarisabout 5 years ago
Alternate Ending

Overall good story. However, I liked the alternate ending (Christina's) better. But that's just me.

TheRealMadtexTheRealMadtexalmost 2 years ago

I gave it 4 stars with the original ending, 5 stars with Christina's ending.

ReadyOneReadyOnealmost 2 years ago

Ending number two.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Yeah Christine’s is way better, that’s the way I had it pictured in my mind, at least. Thanks for saving Bobs story, Christina. KS

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Your ending is more your style but Christina's ending is the way it should have ended.

DuncanitaDuncanita12 months ago

I likd Christina's ending WAY better🤭🤭

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userJust Plain Bob@Just Plain Bob
Just a Dirty Old Man (of course I have been one since I was thirteen)who likes to write about the things that I've seen and been exposed to in my life. There is a little bit of me in almost all of my stories and in some of them there is quite a lot. I leave it to the reader ...