All Comments on 'The Runesmith Chronicles Ch. 07'

by BluDraygn

Sort by:
  • 14 Comments
jpz007ahrenjpz007ahrenover 5 years ago
Context

"You simply cannot..." Yeah, hands on his hips, chin raised up with his hair just flicked back.

Okay. Now, I'm super ready. everyone's on board, its going to be a wonderful time with the pleasantries out of the way, so I say onward! To the pleasant-trees! (I know she's a flower, but still. Its a bad pun and I stand by it.)

JAFCriticJAFCriticover 5 years ago
Minor plot point issues and other things

1. Kal’s mother. As I understand it, there’s just him and his mom to run their farm. Although now there’s also Perra, what’s his mother to do without him? If nothing else, I would think that all the time away from his home and other responsibilities would give him pause before embarking on a new life. Is he just going to disappear without even a “goodbye” to his mom?

2. Kal’s family history. It’s mentioned early on that Kal was taught to read, write, and speak like nobility. This was because of his family’s history of teaching young children of noble’s or being employed by noble’s. Now, I don’t if that was just a plot point to account for Kal’s abilities to read, write, and speech patterns; But could there be a hidden backstory as yet untold? Perhaps his lineage is magical? I’m not saying noble. I wonder if they were wizards but the line was diluted or the ability has skipped several generations? Something to think about.

3. Prentas’s storyline. With the telling of the wizard who created the monster girls you leave out tantalizing bits. What else did that final spell do that hasn’t been told yet? What is the truth in Ikuno’s tale of the wizard? I’m not saying she didn’t tell the truth but what if the truth as she knows it, is not what really happened? Maybe it’s become myth or the truth was changed for some reason. So there’s a lot of possible things that can be done with that information, don’t you think? The original monster girls are supposed to be alive still, guarding the place of their master’s home. Why would he keep them guarding that place? Even if he doesn’t make them mortal and allow them children, why not free them? Unless maybe the tower is still there? Or the magic that he unleashed is still centered there? It could be anything really, but why not release the girls unless they are still needed to guard someone or something?

4. Perra’s part. Was she only a device to move along the story or is there more to her than meets the eye? Will she be a companion to Kal on his journeys? Is she going to develop into her own storyline? A strong human female character has a lot of potential in this story I think. But that’s up to you of course. Is her brother going to be reintroduced to the story as an antagonist?

5. Antagonist’s and villains. There’s really been no antagonists or villain brought into the story. Sure there’s that bit when Perra was brought in, however it was never going to be more than device to bring her into the story. And the knights were not used against Kal. So, is there going to be antagonists to challenge Kal and/or a villain or two to try to destroy him or his potential? I separate antagonist and villains like this; in Harry Potter books, Malfoy is an antagonist to Harry while Voldemort is a villain.

I hope this has been helpful. I can’t wait to see what you do with this story.

Thank you and respectfully,

Just another fucking critic

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Awesome read!

I want more! Even without the sex it's a great story, I love the sex as much!!, don't stop, please!?

BluDraygnBluDraygnover 5 years agoAuthor
@JAFCritic

Almost everything you have brought up has already been addressed in how the story is planned out. So...

1. Spoilers

2. Spoilers

3. Intentionally vague, working on a side story (only a few hours here and there) that follows Prentas and goes into great detail with his story and the creation of MG. Still debating if I will make it Patreon only or not.

4. Spoilers

5. Spoilers

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Good story

But you could really use an editor or just a second eye to look it over.

JAFCriticJAFCriticover 5 years ago
@Bludraygn

😁. Thanks!

BluDraygnBluDraygnover 5 years agoAuthor
Answers:

jpz007ahren: Yup lol!

Anon 1: Chapter 8 is up on Patreon, currently working on Chapter 9, have the first part planned out and looking at 3 parts (books?) total with between 20-30 chapters per part. Plus a side story that follows Prentas, though that is low priority.

Anon 2: I know ... and that has been part of the plan from the beginning. I'm finding it difficult to commit to sending my work off to a stranger even though I know the volunteer editors here are honest and mean well.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
Great story

Very creative. Thanks for letting me read

Ravey19Ravey19about 3 years ago

Now that's how to end a chapter!!

SniperkingSniperkingabout 2 years ago

why didn't the aphrodisiac work on him?

BluDraygnBluDraygnabout 2 years agoAuthor

It's part of the spell that makes him change size to match his partner. It also nullifies the lust craze portion of the aphrodisiac and gives him limited protection from things like toxins, acids, etc. they produce but only if he plans on sleeping with her. If he doesn't want to have sex with the woman then he's on his own.

DruggoDruggoover 1 year ago

Absolutely a wonderful read. Trying to slow my speed reading down to savor this novel.

You rock

Rhino77PIlotRhino77PIlot5 months ago

☺ The beginning of many adventures to come 💧 💧 I'm sure. 🤣

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userBluDraygn@BluDraygn
New story submitted! Beyond Worlds: Mis-taken Hero Ch 01 TRC Ch 43 will be coming right after this one, and posting these two together is part of the reason I only submitted the one chapter last month. Also, a new The Witch's Offering chapter is up on Patreon, as is the sta...