All Comments on 'The Runesmith Chronicles Ch. 14'

by BluDraygn

Sort by:
  • 17 Comments
jpz007ahrenjpz007ahrenover 5 years ago
Dun dun dun...

I wonder how powerful she'll be growing now that she's got a full stomach?

Also, pro gardening tip: Make sure to water your skeletons, they love delicious water.

JAFCriticJAFCriticabout 5 years ago
Excuse me,

First, great work as always. I have a question though. I haven’t gone back to check this, but I thought I read when Kal first claimed Ikuno that Ikuno told him if he claimed someone else, she would lose her bond with him. My understanding being that monster girls an only have one master, but likewise the master can only have one monster girl. Am I wrong on this?

Is Kal going to suffer any after effects from the draining he just went through? Oh have you every seen the first Scary Movie? If you have then you know the scene where the one kid finally gets to have sex with his girlfriend after being teased for a long time. When he blows it’s funny as hell. I wonder if there’s a clip of that scene on YouTube? I’ll look later. Anyway, he’s pretty much useless for anything until he recovers. So if they get attacked now...

Finally we see an antagonist. But he doesn’t seem to know about Kal. He’s looking for Ikuno. My first thought is that he’s only interested in her as a means to an end. So what is he after? Knowledge? Something she has? Do Oni have something like a golam’s eye that necromancers want? I can’t wait to see where you take it next.

The spectral wolf was totally unexpected. One thing I was curious about is if it was the necromaner’s mind inhabiting the dire wolf and speaking? I ask because of this part:

The wolf's eyes were drawn to the sound of the now decaying vine it had bitten falling to the ground not far away. It snarled and barked at Aradelle, "You bitch! You've met my kind before!"

That begs the question; is the spectral wolf a creature made from the necromancer’s power placing a spirit into the dead dire wolf creating a new creature or is it the necromaner’s mind inhabiting the wolf body and augmented by his powers?

So when I read that part about Dell meeting his kind before, I wondered if the necromancer meant that Dell had met another spectral wolf creature or that she had met a necromancer?

Perhaps I’m just reading too much into this. Regardless, this was a fantastic chapter. Thanks again for your hard work

AnonymousAnonymousabout 5 years ago
Great story.

Love your work. The dire wolf was a surprise, but nice build-up to Dell not being a silly ditz. She has a tough streak in her.

jpz007ahrenjpz007ahrenabout 5 years ago
@JAFCritic

If Kal fully gives Himself over to just one girl it would dissolve the other bonds. (Supposedly, though with the "I don't think Ikuno understands how these bonds really work" from an earlier chapter, who knows). Basically, he can have all the wives he wants, but until he makes himself the husband everything works.

^.^ That scene. And curious myself.

I could guess the Anti-magic club? But we'll find out as the story is expounded.

Interesting

Statements

&Questions

Dell said she pulled from Ancestral memories, where a mother/grand etc had fought one and was horrifically wounded by the acid and barely survived it. Its how she knew how to fight "safely" which is terrifying considering how injured a basically tentacle demon was vs it. Scary. (Demon in a good way though, ./no judgement, just a combat analysis)

All just my own opinions and/or memories. Again, thanks for your work BluDraygn. Loving the story.

BluDraygnBluDraygnabout 5 years agoAuthor
What he said... XD

Normally I don't worry about comments until I finish up a chapter but Ch 16 is being a straight up bitch right now, Not really writers block just feels like I'm fighting for each paragraph, nothing is flowing.

Anyway,

@jzp007ahren

While in theory she could grow much larger, doing so would require her to kill more wild game during the month, a part of her nature she doesn't particularly enjoy (now that I think of it I failed to convey that in the chapter, how she feels bad for killing the 'innocent', like the leader's whore and the dogs. :P) Kal's activities will provide for a very long time and prevent her from needing to take game as sustenance, which she greatly appreciates. I see Aradelle as being the largest, or close to the largest, as viable for an alarune with the food she has available. From her thinking, it wouldn't make sense to grow enormous thanks to Kal's help, then be so large she would then need his help to maintain that size, especially knowing that he will be leaving sometime in the future.

@JAFCritic

What jpz007ahren is correct. In each instance the girl has to initiate the bond, Kal only needs to accept it. If Kal were to initiate the bond and the woman accepted then he would lose his connection to all the other women. As long as that never happens he can have as many bonded to him as are willing to do so.

Other than some extreme dehydration and needing a lot of food the next couple of days, no.

Spoilers, sorry.

The next few things you brought up are actually addressed in Ch 15 so you'll have to wait for those answers :D

Again, jzp007ahren is correct. Since alarune don't 'grow up' in a traditional sense or have any contact with their parent at all, they pass on their memories from one generation to the next during an 'incubation' period, in Aradelle's case over winter. This means she has access to generations of memories. One of her ancestors had a run in with one of these wolves, not her specifically.

@Anon

Dumb, ditzy women don't really do much for me on a personal level. As such, don't expect to see too many bimbos in my stories, not to say it won't happen just not with any regularity :D

LustySubLustySubabout 5 years ago
Great work

So far,I've loved your work,BluDraygn!A riveting story with well-polished characters,and a tidy amount of realism and all-this one ticks all the boxes!

I am wondering about this necromancer at the end of the chapter and also about Silma,the salamander girl you mentioned in an earlier chapter.Let's hope all that can be answered.

Keep up with the good work!

LustySub

BluDraygnBluDraygnabout 5 years agoAuthor
Chapter 15

Chapter 15 has been submitted for moderation, should be out in an couple days :D

ZZchromosomeZZchromosomeabout 5 years ago

That was an exciting battle. Seems that Aradelle can not only defend herself, but summon her allies, as well. And we have a bad guy to fight now, too!

BluDraygnBluDraygnabout 5 years agoAuthor
@ZZchromosome

Close, the vines are actually a part of her.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 5 years ago
Why'd you skip it?

I was looking forward to the bonding scene with the butterfly girl. Completely killed it for me

RazzakelRazzakelover 3 years ago

Only one question....Why in the world did you skip the bonding scene with Bea the butterfly girl!!!!

I feel that the scenes where Kal bonds with his women is very important and should never be skipped.

Also I was really looking forward to it!!!!!

BluDraygnBluDraygnover 3 years agoAuthor

Well... you probably won't like the answer very much but at the time I couldn't come up with any good ideas for how that scene would play out, so I skipped it with the intention of coming back to it. There was also the uncertainty of a part of the scene I did come up with that involved ass to pussy and ass to mouth. Some people think it's hot AF while others are completely disgusted by it. This is why I added the disclaimer on Books 2 and 3 about how anal scenes are "all squeaky clean and written on that premise." I didn't want to end up chasing readers away by grossing them out.

Finally, with the scene that happened right afterward, it just felt like too much all at once.

I still plan on one day writing it out and seriously considered it after Book 2 but ended up doing another chapter of The Witch's Offering instead.

Maybe someday :D

Ravey19Ravey19about 3 years ago

Great ending. Loved the whole chapter

anubeloreanubeloreover 2 years ago

Loving this story so far. Do have to agree that I really wish we'd gotten to read Bea's bonding sex, but the rest of the chapter more than made up for it.

DruggoDruggoover 1 year ago

Holy hell. A spectral dire wolf.

You have an imagination I would love to see dm.

Dungeon master

That was so Cool, awesome, amazing.

I don't know which word to use

Still I've been doing this for decades now and this was one hell of a bad ass scene

On the edge of my seat

Thank you again for one hell of a read

L0vatL0vatabout 1 year ago

I have to say I am a bit disappointed that the sexy bonding of Bea happened off screen. Obviously it isn't the scene you wanted to write but ai felt a little short changed. Everything else was very good though.

Though I am not sure if there is a point to critiquing when you wrote this so long ago.

Rhino77PIlotRhino77PIlot5 months ago

The ultra-intimate scene with Aradelle mostly makes up for the lack of a bonding scene with Bea. Perhaps when Kal begins using the Astral plane, there can be some sort of flash back or outside of thime scene to fill in the blank.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userBluDraygn@BluDraygn
New story submitted! Beyond Worlds: Mis-taken Hero Ch 01 TRC Ch 43 will be coming right after this one, and posting these two together is part of the reason I only submitted the one chapter last month. Also, a new The Witch's Offering chapter is up on Patreon, as is the sta...