The Saga Continues Ch. 05

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"So no regrets?" asked Callie.

"No." said Cindy. "But don't get any ideas of you and me doing threesomes with men. I'm still a woman's woman..." she leaned over and kissed Callie warmly on the mouth. "Especially this woman."

"Mmmm." said Callie, kissing Cindy back, another warm romantic kiss. "I'm just so happy for you, seeing you open up like you did today. You did look like you were having a lot of fun, and that's what it's really all about." She kissed Cindy again, and soon the women were deeply and passionately making out...

Part 25 - Bugs And Slugs

Wednesday, November 15th. Still not used to the time zone differences, Cindy woke up at 3:00am. She got up, put on her t-shirt, panties and gym shorts, and went into the great room. Moonlight streamed into the south-facing windows, mixed with the streetlamps from below.

She got her laptop and opened it, and checked her emails. She read the email confirming the Junction Station Depot was rented in her and Commander Troy's names. Most of the Orange Order did not know that she and Don were paying for renting the Depot overnight as well as paying for all the food. Then she read Teresa's email offering to pay a third of the cost. Don's email said he accepted that, so Cindy wrote back she was good with that.

Something told her to look out the window. Creeping up to it in a way to make sure she wasn't illuminated by the moonlight, and therefore not seen from outside, she peeked out the window. The street looked deserted in both directions, as she'd expect at this hour... wait, was that something moving?

She thought she'd seen movement in a blue car parked in front of the Starbucks at the corner of the building at the intersection to her left, to the east. Concentrating on it, she saw the shadow move again. Definitely someone, definitely someone awake... and in a position to be watching this apartment.

She watched for ten minutes, but could never get any views of any faces. She crawled over and got her iPhone, and went back and recorded for another five minutes or so. Then she crawled away again then went to the bedroom and woke up Callie.

"Hey!" she whispered. "I think there's someone in a car on the street watching us. Let's go check it out."

"You know we don't have gun carry permits in California, don't you?" asked Callie.

"If that becomes a problem, I'll work the 'professional courtesy' angle as a cop from another State." Cindy said. "And if that doesn't work, one hell of a Second Amendment lawsuit will follow."

"All right." Callie said, getting up. "I'll watch from the doorway to the building. Here." She opened a back panel in a closet and brought out an armored vest for Cindy to wear. Good CIA stuff, Cindy realized as she put it on then put clothes on over it.

They descended the hallway stairs, then went to the door. Cindy was about to walk out onto the street when she stopped. The blue car was gone!

"Well, damn." Cindy said. As she and Callie rode the elevator back up, she put her finger over her mouth in a 'hush' sign. Callie nodded. Once back in the apartment, Cindy got a piece of paper and wrote 'Do you check for bugs?'. Callie nodded but also shrugged. Cindy got out her bug-detector, concealed in the ink pen she normally had in the pocket of her Uniform shirt, and started looking. A bug was found in the living room, and another in the bedroom, both concealed under lamps.

Turning on the bug-killer, Cindy said "They heard us coming to check them out, and drove away."

"I usually have this place swept for bugs once a week by my Company employers." said Callie. By that she meant her CIA employers. "Either they're not doing a very good job, or they're part of this."

"Or, if we give them the benefit of the doubt," Cindy said, "the bugs were planted very recently, perhaps just before we got here. I should've swept for bugs then."

"Who do you think is doing this?" asked Callie.

"I'm not sure yet." said Cindy. She took the bugs and their transmitting antennae, took them to the toilet, and flushed them down, flushing a couple of extra times afterwards.

"You need to call Laura and tell her about this." Cindy said. "And I'll talk to Don."

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

As they ate breakfast, Callie said "Laura asked me what type of bug it was, and then said to keep our eyes peeled, stay together, and she's going to contact Janet Riordan out here and let her know about the bugging."

Cindy said "Don was far more interested in the car and people that were watching us, and he is convinced that it's us they're watching. He said to look around when we're at your offices, on any film shoots at any other locations, when we're driving around, and so on. He's going to contact Lt. Claire Michaels with LAPD's Major Crimes unit and see if they can get us some help, too."

"Does he have any idea who it might be?" asked Callie.

"I've worked with Don every day for five years now." said Cindy. "And he always knows or has an idea of something that he does not share with me immediately. I'm dead certain that's the case now...

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

Office Staff and porn stars in the offices watched with enormous curiosity as Cindy went through the place with her bug detector. She found none. "No active ones, anyway." she said to Callie. "But there could be some really sophisticated passive ones that this device doesn't detect well; this isn't the latest detection technology... Don will probably give me that as a Christmas present."

Callie grinned, then said "I'm going to let everyone know we had watchers, and for them to be on the lookout." With that, she gathered the office staff and the porn stars together. "I'm not sure what's going on, but Cindy and I have become aware that we were being watched at home. Someone may be watching us here, too, so really watch out when you leave, just before you come in, when you're driving here, and so on."

"Are the cops planning to raid us?" asked Bobby 'The Stallion' Steed.

"I don't think this is the cops." said Cindy, not giving her reasons why. "Callie, is the protection money paid up?"

"You bet." said Celia, the accounting girl. "That's the first thing I pay every month."

"The Mob doesn't play that way, anyway." said Bobby Breeze. "If they are wondering who Cindy is, they'll just call and ask, and we'd tell 'em she's Callie's main squeeze and business partner. If they wanted to fuck us up, they'd have warned us already."

"If anything, we should contact them and ask what's going on." said Celia. "We're paying protection money, let's get some protection, or at least some information."

"Good idea." said Callie. "Do that now." Celia left the room.

"All right guys," said Callie. "I'm not trying to scare you or anything, but we all know the drill. If you hear the word 'Bolt!' being shouted again and again, run the hell out of here and away from here as far and as fast as you can. You should know where you're going to run to, and if you don't... figure it out quick." Then she grinned her beautiful grin and said "But until then, there are too many of you sitting around here and not fucking in front of my cameras..."

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

It was amazing to Cindy, watching Benny Black fuck Cassandra Monarch, just how much Benny's fucking motion was like Todd Burke's. Benny, she thought to herself... damn, if I couldn't see his face in the dark, I'd think he was Todd, Cindy thought to herself. And Benny's face... while Todd took a lot after his mother Elizabeth and his grandmother Phyllis, and Benny apparently looked like his mother... they both still had a few features in common with Michael Burke that a trained eye like Cindy's was noticing... hmmm... naah, it couldn't be... could it? I mean... well...

"You're enjoying watching this." said Callie as she came up to Cindy, who was sitting well behind the cameras and boom mikes and staff persons.

"Hey," Cindy whispered, "does Benny's fucking motions look familiar to you?" Callie watched for a moment, then her eyes lit up.

"Damn, you're good!" Callie whispered back. "Yeah..."

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

Now they were doing a tranny scene with Chris and Felicia Foxworthy. Lunch was going to be late, and Cindy was still on Town & County Time when it came to her tummy growling. She went to the kitchen, but there was no food there. She then went to the office.

"Here's a bag of gorp." said Celia, which was a dried-fruit-and-nuts-and-Chex trail mix. Cindy opened it and began eating as she looked out the front window.

"I contacted our Mob Boys." said Celia. "They're going to have a couple of people drive around, see if they can spot anyone watching us."

"Okay, good--- what the fuck?" Cindy gasped.

"What is it?" Celia said.

"That son of a fucking bitch!" Cindy growled. She then turned and said "I think I see who's fucking with us. I gotta get Callie." She rushed back into the set areas to tell Callie that she had just seen FBI Agent Dana Fox across the street.

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

"He's an FBI Agent, and a dirty one." said Cindy, as she, Callie, Celia, and Bobby Breeze looked through the window. "My PD had dealings with him back in Town... and not good ones."

"Weird for him to just be standing there like that, out in the open." said Bobby.

"Like he's waiting for someone." said Celia.

"Or he wants me to see him and recognize him." Cindy said. "Okay, Callie, I've got a phone call to make... to the Iron Crowbar."

"And you're not talking about my cock when you say that, are ya babe?" said Bobby Steed.

"Definitely not." replied Cindy witheringly.

Part 26 - Major Crowbars

"Captain Ross!" said Lt. Claire Michaels as she hugged Cindy warmly. "It's so good to see you!" They were in the main room of the LAPD's Major Crimes unit.

"And you." Cindy said. Then she looked over her shoulder and saw Lorena Rose coming up. "Lorena, you're looking great! How are you?"

"Awesome!" said Lorena, also hugging Cindy. "How's Commander Troy and everyone?"

"They're all doing well." said Cindy. "Hugh Hewitt was just promoted to SWAT Lieutenant, by the way."

"Oh, really?" said Claire, who was once the TCPD's SWAT Lieutenant, and who had been dating Hugh Hewitt... and came back to L.A. partially to make a clean break after breaking up with him. "Commander Troy let him out of purgatory?"

"Teresa Croyle went to bat for him." said Cindy. "And he supported her support of him---"

"Ah, so this is the Iron Crowbar's Iron Crowbar." said a tall Asian man, coming up to them. Claire laughed.

"Captain Cindy Ross, this is Lieutenant Tal Shiarr." said Claire as he shook hands with Cindy, then Claire made other introductions. "That's Lieutenant Provino, over there." she said nodding towards the older man still sitting in his chair, working on something at his desk.

"And this is our Commander, Mary Raytheon." said Lt. Shiarr as the office door opened and Raytheon came out. "Commander, this is Captain Cindy Ross of the TCPD. Police partner of the Iron Crowbar."

"Ah, Captain Ross, it's so good to finally meet you." said Commander Raytheon. "Both Commander Troy and his wife have told me so much about you."

"All good, I hope." said Cindy. "It's good to meet you, ma'am. Commander Troy was highly impressed with you, and your team here, as well."

"Speaking of Commander Troy, I just got off the phone with him." said Commander Raytheon. "What is this about a rogue FBI Agent spying on your partner's film company?" Right to the point she's getting, Cindy thought.

"Yes ma'am." Cindy said. "He's supposed to be in San Francisco, but I saw him----" Suddenly she stopped talking. Wide-eyed, Cindy was looking at a group of people through the window, walking down the hallway.

"What is it?" Claire asked.

"That's him!" exclaimed Cindy. "That's FBI Agent Dana Fox!"

"Ma'am," said Lt. Tal Shiarr, "that's Tom Worcester. He's a CBI Agent. California Bureau of Investigation."

"I don't know what name he's calling himself." said Cindy, with irritation in her voice, "but I know who I just saw. THAT was Dana Fox..."

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

They gathered in the special-access audio-visual room. "Okay, we've got hookup." A second later, the TCPD's Main Conference Room came onscreen, with two men sitting behind the table, their backs to the wall adjoining the hallway so that the sun from the windows didn't put them in shadow.

"Hel-lo, Co-mman-der Troy!" everyone said in unison.

"Hi guys!" I said happily, waving to them as they popped up on the monitor set up for us. "How are my favorite LA people doing?"

"Great!" said Claire Michaels. "We're trying to keep your Captain here." She was talking about Cindy, who was sitting next to her.

"Don't you dare." I said, then introduced the man sitting next to me. "For those who have not met him, this is FBI Special Agent In Charge Jack Muscone. So, you've got a problem out there?"

"Hi, Commander, Mr. Muscone." said Commander Mary Raytheon. "Yes, your Captain has identified a man here as FBI Special Agent Dana Fox. He has represented himself to us as CBI Agent Tom Worcester, and he's enlisted our cooperation in surveillance and a possible raid upon the Culver City film operation of Captain Ross's friend."

"Have you checked out the film company?" I asked.

"They're legit all the way." said Lt. Tal Shiarr. "No problems of any kind. When Worcester, or Fox, or whoever he is, came to us about them, we were really shocked when he said they were a major drug and human trafficking hub."

Cmdr. Raytheon spoke up. "Mr. Muscone, what can you tell us about Mr. Fox?"

"He's on thin ice with me." said Muscone. "And he's already under the ice with Commander Troy. He was sent to San Francisco and should be there, not Los Angeles. I checked with my superiors, and he has not been authorized to go undercover as a CBI Agent in any capacity for any reason. He has not been assigned any case in the Los Angeles area. He has no reason to be there nor to be casing a business that by sheer coincidence is owned by Captain Ross's friend."

"We've also checked, and the FBI offices in San Francisco have not assigned Mr. Fox to anything here in L.A., and didn't know he was down there." said Cmdr. Raytheon. "My contacts in Washington also have no knowledge of any of this. So that leaves the question: what do you want us to do, Commander Troy?"

"In light of the threat to raid that business," I said, "I think y'all might want to confront Mr. Fox, put the question to him about what he's doing, then start breaking his story down. We just don't have time to sting him or give him rope to hang himself with."

"And then his superiors in the FBI will be wanting to ask him what he's doing." said Jack Muscone.

"Commander Troy," said Lt. Provino, "do you think this is because this business is operated by Captain Ross's friend?"

"I think that's some of it." I said. "But I think there may be more than that behind it. But we need more data to form cogent theories."

"You're using big words for such a small Town Police Officer, Commander Troy." said Lt. Provino. I laughed, knowing he was teasing me.

We made our plan of action, then said our goodbyes and disconnected.

"Well, Don," said Jack, "this is right in Agatha Christie's wheelhouse on coincidences, or lack of them."

"Yes, it is." I said, not really listening. I was off to reverie-land.

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

"Agent Worcester," said Cmdr. Raytheon, "can you come in here a moment?"

"Sure, Commander." said Dana Fox. He followed her into the conference room. The door closed behind him, and he was facing the entire Major Crimes unit. "Wha... what's this about?"

"This is an FBI employee record." said Raytheon as Lt. Shiarr brought it up on screen. "Do you recognize this man, Agent Worcester?" It was Dana Fox's own FBI employee record, of course.

Fox nodded. "Well, you've just blown my cover. I wish you'd have had the courtesy to ask me this a bit more privately."

"Courtesy goes both ways, Special Agent Fox." said Lt. Provino, who Cindy had noticed talked a lot like TCPD Police Chief Sean Moynahan. "You could have let us know who you really are, what you're really do-ing."

"No, I couldn't." said Fox. "This is a special undercover mission, and I wasn't authorized to share it with you. Look, you're just going to have to take my word for this, and understand that we can't just share every little thing."

"And who was doing that authorizing, or lack of it?" asked Lt. Provino.

"My superiors in the FBI, of course." said Fox.

"Well, this can be resolved very easily." said Mary Raytheon. "Why don't you give us the name of your superiors who authorized your mission, so we can confirm what you're saying."

"I'm not authorized to do that, and I won't do it." said Fox. "And to that point, if it means discontinuing our cooperation on this mission, then that's what I'll have to do."

"Oh, we're through cooperating, that is for sure." said Mary Raytheon. "But the problem now becomes that the Federal Government is intruding upon the exclusive jurisdiction of the State of California, and you know we don't like that very much. So... either give us a name to contact to verify the legitimacy of your mission, or we'll have to contact the FBI ourselves about it... and if they cannot or will not support your story, Mr. Fox, there may be... legal implications."

"And I'm sure you've figured out that we've already contacted your FBI superiors." said Lt. Provino. "So your story better match theirs, and better be very, very good."

"In that case, I'll be going." said Fox. "But be assured that I'm a Federal Agent with Federal authority in this jurisdiction and on this case. I'd rather cooperate, but if you want to make a war out of it..."

"Then we will give you that war." said a voice behind him. Cindy Ross had come in the door with Claire Michaels, who was holding an object that looked suspiciously like a green crowbar.

"Oh. You." Fox said derisively. "You know, little girl, you're not in your jurisdiction now. You won't get away with assaulting a Federal Agent like your boss did."

"But you're in my jurisdiction, scumbag." said Claire Michaels, tapping the green crowbar in her hands. "And I am eager to join the Crowbar Club."

"Get out of my way." said Fox, wanting to leave.

"Get out of Los Angeles." said Mary Raytheon. "Or I will have you arrested, for impersonating a State Agent under false pretenses. We're not afraid of a war with the FBI, Mr. Fox. You and they are on very shaky ground with us, as it is."

Fox went for the door, and was not impeded. He left.

Claire said "Darn, I wanted to use this. It does feel good in the hands. Commander Troy would've been proud of me if I'd waxed Fox with this."

"Commander Troy is going to love hearing about this, anyway." said Lorena Rose.

"What is it that inspires this loyalty to Commander Troy and his crowbar?" asked Cmdr. Mary Raytheon. Lorena Rose caught it first, and began laughing. She could not stop, and was soon literally rolling on the floor laughing.

Cindy tried hard but failed, and was soon laughing as well. It became infectious and the whole group began laughing.

"Co-mannnn-derrrr," said Lt. Provino to the stunned Cmdr. Raytheon, "per-haps it was your choice of worrrrrds..."

"Oh my goodness." said Raytheon, shaking her head. Then she laughed, too.

Part 27 - California Contemplations

Thursday, November 16th. Cindy Ross came to the LAPD Major Crimes unit.

"Well, Captain," said Lt. Shiarr, "it looks like FBI Agent Fox got out of town. Regular patrols of your friend's business spotted nobody casing the place. The FBI Office here in LA called and said Dana Fox was contacted and has been ordered to report to the San Francisco office to explain himself."