All Comments on 'The Saga of Bass and Sarah Vol. 01'

by carvohi

Sort by:
  • 186 Comments (Page 2)
OnethirdOnethirdover 8 years ago
Don't need sanguine

Nice story. Don't feel compelled to go to the dark side to make up for a more kind-hearted story. The inner dialog of Sarah is kind of messed up; I guess she just didn't put much weight on fidelity, coming from her prostitute background. I like the PI and how she handled the case and stayed ethical. Basically, I liked just about everything about this story. With the close connection between the mom and her girls, how could you split them up, even if Sarah had a role in their lives?

MartyMBMartyMBover 8 years ago
Story ending

Overall, I really liked the story. I think the other guys got off way too easily. They deserved more than a talking to, all of them! They had no respect for Bass and put him through hell just because they could. I think Sarah paid about the right price for her issues. She was a wonderful wife and mother, only stepping out of her vows by being blackmailed, and I'm glad that Bass recognized that she needed to be punished but not destroyed.

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago

Winner of the biggest WACC POV character competition of 2015.

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
The Legal Stuff Is Flawed

The laws regulating PIs differ in each state, but in none are they required to report every crime they may learn of in the course of an investigation, nor is there any federal statute that requires them to do so. The idea that any prosecution would take place under the circumstances described is preposterous, and the possibility of prison time under those circumstances even more so. As an attorney this is more off kilter than the run of TV police shows.

Vulcan_in_OhioVulcan_in_Ohioover 8 years ago
One other, possible legal flaw

Story was original and writing pretty good. But I've been told that in most cases, there is no parole from federal prison. I'm not an attorney but that's what I've read. Maybe a lawyer with experience prosecuting or defending criminals can clarify this. Thanks for writing.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 8 years ago
HE WAS A FUCKING WIMP WHERE HIS BROTHER, SUPERVISOR AND SO-CALLED BEST FRIEND WAS CONCERNED.

Those three motherfuckers should have been taken into the woods, tied to a tree, castrated, had their dicks cut off and been left to bleed out. Then bring their individually bagged and labeled balls and dicks back to his cheating wife before cutting off one of her tits and putting it into another bag. Tell her that, from now on, when she looks at herself in the mirror and sees where her tit used to be, to remember that the next time it will be her fucking head that goes into a bag.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 8 years ago
Well Told

Sarah is a victim of the welfare system.

Everyone seems to overlook her 'cheating' was when she was blackmailed by predatory men.

Putting 3 little children into the welfare system is NEVER an option.

He did get quiet life changing events happen to the predators.

By keeping the family together for the sake of his little children is the best.

Good tale.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 8 years ago
really nice

Five stars

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago
WOW!!!

Nicely written! Good story! Thanks for that ending! You gave the guy fortitude to do the right thing and not let his pride destroy everything, the way some of these writers do!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago

10 pages of barf and puke. Wimpy for sure. -1

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago
I gave it a 3

I started really liking this story but I don't think he was a pussy for reconciling but the truly wimpy way he handled his wife's blackmailing rapists.

She was blackmailed and extorted into sex. That equals serious crime with no real punishment.

Very piss poor wrap up and no real dealing with Sarah's reformation.

stev2244stev2244almost 8 years ago
Great read

Thanks for writing and sharing, 5*

TwopullTwopullover 7 years ago

People who call this wimpy are the real spineless jerks. Lovely character building. The hero did what a real man should do. Stand up and take responsibly. And differentiate between a victim of circumstances and some vamp... People screaming at this would have been the ones dumped by women in real life

TMSPTGR3TMSPTGR3over 7 years ago
Trash

According to you and Twopull, poor misunderstood Hitler should have been forgiven.

Rhinoman1951Rhinoman1951over 7 years ago
A wonderfully crafted study of turmoil

I read the few comments shown, sometimes click to read more. I am often amazed by how brilliant and together most commenters are. They must lead charmed lives. At 65, I still haven't achieved their level of insight. To be able to take one look at a situation and make a snap decision is an ability that escapes me.

As to the story, I am in awe of this telling of such a complex tale. It brought out so many emotions to rage and swirl and storm against each other, a psychological toronado. Love, hate, honor, betrayal, duty, embarasment, shame, pride...

And, for the nitpickers (forced prostitution, etc.)

Statue of limitations? When married, her name was legally changed. 8 years of marriage. Better lawyer could have swept it under the rug with more pressure threatening murder charge or exposure against the real Sarah's agencies. As far as I know, there is no probation allowed from a federal sentence - two years is two years. If you want to nitpick a fictional story, find something worthwhile.

Thank you, Carvohi, for a thought provoking and enjoyable read.

Michael

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
WOW WHAT A FAMILY

The guy's mother slutted around and became pregnant (twice?) outside her marriage. The guy's father wimped out and forgave her. Then, the guy's wife slutted around as well and he forgave her. Good grief! Good job the guy never had a son, to cntinue the wimp genes. Fingers crossed over how the daughters will turn out, with a mother like theirs. The thoughts of commentators who believe the guy acted as a husband should are beyond my comprehension.

silentsoundsilentsoundover 7 years ago
Well written. 4*

But about a fucking wimp and a stupid whore.

Sarah and Bass both suck shit.

Sarah for not going to Bass and telling him she was being blackmailed and started servicing his brother and all other takers.

Bass sucked because he was so damned wimpy with his retribution towards those that blackmailed his wife into becoming their whore.

donner60donner60over 7 years ago
Great story 5+

Loved your character development and story line.Karma works in mysterious ways and the ending was confirmation of that. Well done and thanks

BIGGUY1956BIGGUY1956over 7 years ago
Not so quick.

Good story, but don't say all non wimp men would kick her to the curb. What goes on before you meet someone doesn't and shouldn't define who they are with you. As the saying goes, " the truth can set you free" really does apply to most things. If we all were saints then we would have no religion in our society. Saints don't sin. I am no religious fanatic but I have enough knowledge to see that. Keep on writing the way you see your stories. Don't let others dictate how you see them go.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
Well written and real

My biggest complaint about most of the stories on this site is that the situations and characters and dialogue aren't real. Maybe a lot of the people who read these stories are emotionally wounded men who love to see BTB. I don't get it. But your story is about real people in a believable situation. Good dialogue. That "Sarah" would pay the blackmail rather than confide in her husband is completely understandable. She's damaged goods. She doesn't think that she's worthy. She can't bear to let him know that she's a fraud. And that legitimizes his forgiveness of her. Good job.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
good story

I liked it.

jtaylor

TMSPTGR3TMSPTGR3about 7 years ago
Sick

You are a very sick person who believes that destroying another person through multiple adulteries over years is inconsequential if the cheating spouse is sorry. I'd hate to have your life. Publish in fetish.

NariToreNariToreabout 7 years ago
this is not real, not even a little bit

I understand her character, you got it almost spot on with her......some people are messed up by the earlier years, that I understand....

but him, you really failed on, there is no way in hell he would've taken her back....even if she a had semi good reason....for the same reason that ptsd exists.....even if you have some logic that its the right thing, it still will hurt you....even if you kill someone in self protection, people still feel guilty as fudge, hell they even have nightmares about it

with this, either this man is a sociopath or never loved her in the first place...people arn't perfect, you realized that with her, but somewhere along the way you forgot it with him...I wouldn't say you are a wimp, just that you really want to force something that ill never work anywhere in real life

this story reminds me of those bad harem stories where girls just fall on a guys dick for no reason, except its the fantasy of a female instead of male where she can cheat so much and he'll get over that fast

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago

Outstanding. Loved the story!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
@TMSPTGR3

You must have read a different story than the one posted. She was blackmailed into sex over the six month period before he discovered her at his brother's house.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 7 years ago
I Liked It

When it comes to cheating wives I am pretty much a"BTB" believer, all the way. This story is the exception, I guess, that proves the rule. I liked it. I think it all boils down to context and circumstances. The context of her cheating was pretty much dictated by her upbringing, which was horrific, at best. Any man with a heart would have to give her some "benefit of the doubt", and any man who had ever actually loved her would probably go further than that. 5 Stars.

Pappy7Pappy7almost 7 years ago
Yeah you might be a wimp,

but you wrote a damn good story on this one. Sometimes things aren't what they appear to be and that's what we have to live with. I don't know whether I could have stayed with her but we can forgive almost anything for our children's benefit. So, in this case, I liked that he kept her, warts and all. Thanks for the story and I can't believe that I hadn't read it before. Didn't check the comments to see if I had left some wisdom for you or just my 2 cents, whichever.

MusicGuy4FunMusicGuy4Funalmost 7 years ago
One of your best

I liked the balanced approach.

Sandman_truckSandman_truckover 6 years ago
Not a wimp

Actually , I thought he isn't a wimp at all . It takes a strong man to see beyond her failings . Yes , she screwed up when young but in that same situation would any of u have done better ? He only had one real path to follow , any other path would not have the richness of an intact and complete family . He really is " Sarah's " savior and the children her path to redemption . Excellent story . Of course the story could have went in different directions at several points but the author chose this path and I enjoyed walking the path with the author .

danoctoberdanoctoberover 6 years ago
Original sfory.

Very clever writing. 5 stars.

laptopwriterlaptopwriterover 6 years ago
Wow! He marries a whore who cheats on him multiple times, not to mention with his own brother...

It would take a hell of a writer to make a case for reconciliation with a plot like that, but carvohi carries it off. I was pulling for Sarah the whole time. Great piece of writing. 5 stars from start to finish.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
UGH!!!!

The story just rambled and rambled! You could have told this pathetic tale in have as many pages!

Certainly was NOT a good read!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
very nice job

Always a sucker for a romantic story, and it doesn't get much more so than this one. I guess that if it is going to go in the LW section, there needs to be some nasty stuff going on, but the author did a nice job of creating sympathy for all, especially the wife. Nice characterization, although I thought i was reading a LMN movie at times.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
Love conquers all

A delightful tale of love v pride with love finally winning the day. A decent man, a flawed woman, and a world that exploits the weak and vulnerable. A beautifully written tale that will gladden the hearts of anyone who puts human decency before macho pride.

LA.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 6 years ago
Kind of obnoxious, your distaste for personal responsibility.

You never bother to explain why Sarah gets silly when she's fucking her visitors. Or why she decided to fuck her old customers. I acknowledge the black mail excuse, but that never makes any sense for an intelligent person. And Sarah was hardly cast as stupid.

You kind of side step the obvious question: why would a young woman who has only a high school certificate become a prostitute? You think most, all, high school graduates become prostitutes? Or at least it is understandable if they do? You appear to absolve Sarah of any responsibility for her choices, and plead she should not have to atone for her betrayal and cheating of her husband and daughters. Yeah, wronged her entire family. All to keep her secret? Interesting that Sarah should get a pass for all her cheating and betrayal, but you seem OK with her going to prison for a technical violation. How was society harmed by Sarah switching identities? Oh, the law is the law, right? But a marriage vow is not a marriage vow? I think your agenda is obvious. Justifiable cuckolding. Pathetic.

None of the fucking Sarah did after her marriage included use of a condom. Sarah maintained her phony name and history to deceive her husband. And she was willing to sacrifice her husband's health to keep her secret. And if her husband had not caught her she would have continued to fuck whoever she had to to keep her secret. But we are to embrace Sarah as a victim, a martyr, a fallen angel. The only failure here is your plot.

Thanks for the effort. I think more reality and honesty in your characters and your plots would improve your performance. That's a choice; your responsibility.

tazz317tazz317almost 6 years ago
LOVE,,,,KIDS;;;;;C0MMON SENSE

a combination hard to beat, TK U MLJ LV NV

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago

Awesome story

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago

Imagine being so mentally ill that you thought that was a beautiful ending.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
It's a story, and a good one

Get serious, people. If you want to see them all suffer, that's your problem. The author made up a nice story with a happy ending, told it well, and gave the characters enough depth to make the tale believable. The wife went to prison. What more do you want? We really do live in a sick online society.

danoctoberdanoctoberover 5 years ago
Classic carohi

10 pages of, "what the hell else can go wrong". *****

ErotFanErotFanover 5 years ago
A couple of comments come to mind

One of your best. Reads like the precis for a novel. Is there one out there?

I wish you'd write an addendum to this story re the sea chest materials Bass found. I'm sure Owen retained additional info so that a paper trail could be expanded. Perhaps love letters... a diary... PI report...

I felt Sarah was dealt with a bit too severely in the story. Bass admitted the woman he lived with wasn't the one he found out about, he easily could have continued the marriage to the woman he had known for eight years. The recent incidents were due to blackmail; certainly not as dire as you made them sound initially.

Finally, I'm sure Sarah would have gotten a five year _suspended_ sentence from a wise judge on a bench trial. Probably been plenty of character witnesses.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Mitigating

Mitigating circumstances will dictate how men react.

Xzy89c1Xzy89c1over 5 years ago
A real man

Put aside the toughness and be a real man. This guy was. Great story

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
You often mention 'her past'...

...but her problem wasn't her past. She was still fucking other men, she never gave her husband a chance to deal with anything until it was too late.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 5 years ago
Five Stars

Wonderfully presented story. It flowed really well. Poor Job, I mean Bass. Could anything else go wrong for the guy? Yet he did stay true to his own philosophy.

Now I think i’ll Go stick my head head in the oven, because as good as the story was, it was depressing as hell.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 5 years ago
What a shame...

Wonderfully written, thoughtfully plotted, well developed characters...

But, there are some unforced errors that detract from a story that is otherwise masterfully done.

1. The PI/FBI/Trial. An author this good should know just from common sense that the "identity theft" was merely technical. The identity theft law is directed toward easy prosecution of people who steal identities for profit. That's obviously inapplicable here. Moreover, having received the information from the PI, the FBI would be hard pressed to care. The FBI has real crimes to pursue and limited resources. Something as trivial as "Sarah's" offense would NEVER be prosecuted, and law enforcement does have wide prosecutorial discretion. That's not enough, however. Absurdity has to be piled on absurdity - a trial! No prosecutor would ever take a case like this to trial, but, more to the point, how could there be a trial? Is "Sarah" pleading "not guilty"? Obviously not. There could only be a sentencing hearing. Still, this isn't enough for Carvohi; she gets two years! A technical, non-violent offense by a mother of three small children who, except for some long ago misdemeanors, has a clean record would NEVER draw any time at all. Does it occur to anyone that jail and prison space is limited? So, to add drama Carvohi writes a fictional imbecilic legal system that spends significant resources putting "Sarah" on "trial" for an offense that's about as serious as calling information for a number you could have looked up yourself and then puts her in the slammer for 2 years (less time for good behavior). What utter nonsense. In fairness, this is a failing in many LW stories. Time and time again husbands with no records and who are gainfully employed are given ridiculous sentences for assault. Doesn't happen in the real world. There are too many seriously bad actors for police, prosecutors, and courts to waste resources as described in LW.

Surely, you don't have to be a lawyer to understand these things. Carvohi didn't need to add Sarah's little legal drama. I'm sure it was intended to be a form of penance to make the reconciliation more plausible, but it was a mistake that seriously detracts from a fine tale.

2. The silly moralizing about needing the government to spend yet more on welfare programs (euphemistically called "the social safety net") detracts from the story, too. I find it hard to believe that an intelligent author today is pushing more socialism in an LW story. Socialism is a "solution" sold to people who are sentimental and don't understand much about economics, bureaucracies, and public policy by cynical rent-seekers, politicians, bureaucrats, and ideological statists. If socialism were the answer, then Indian Reservations would be paradises, the VA and Britain's NHS would be a paragons of medical care, public housing would be pristine, and Venezuela, Cuba, the USSR, Mao's China, Communist Albania, etc. would be (or have been) "shining cities on a hill", and Canadians would not be traveling here for health care. We have major social problems, but they stem from a degenerating culture that has, in part, resulted from government interventions, not a lack of "social programs". Consider, as foreign visitors note, we have the world's fattest "poor people". Apart from the destructive influence of government intervention in the medical sector, our biggest sources of health problems are obesity, drug use, smoking, alcohol use, sexual irresponsibility, and sedentary lifestyles. These are caused by bad character, not a lack of "programs".

3. I couldn't believe that such a good author would have resorted to the "pride" cliche at the end. Leaving her would have simply been a matter of pride? How can someone intelligent trivialize the betrayal of adultery by having Bass say that that would have been the only reason to leave "Sarah"? Adultery is far more than that, and it shouldn't be necessary to point out to anyone here that there is far more involved. Again, it seems like a quick and cheap way of explaining the reconciliation. Unfortunately, it seriously detracts from the story. Credible reconciliation can only be based on genuine repentance and mitigating circumstances. Here Carvohi has both, but by getting lazy with the ending - reconciliation was just a matter of overcoming "pride" - he missed the opportunity to write something wonderful, and I think he has the talent to do it. Instead, he rushed and hung the reconciliation on a feminist cliche that trivializes adultery and, thereby, the family as an institution.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 5 years ago
To "Anonymous 04/11/19"

>I find it hard to believe that an intelligent author

>today is pushing more socialism in an LW story.

I don't want to start a flame war. Just a consideration:

I live in Europe, and do I live in a socialist/communist state? HELL NO!

But I'm sorry that today it's still present the idea that "safety net", "welfare" and "health system" is socialism. This is just propaganda!

We have a health system: I don't know which is better or what's right or wrong, but I know for sure one thing: in Europe a diabethyc kid, simply DOES NOT DIE.

Is it an economic problem? Is it a ruin for the balance of a state? I don't give a fuck: the kid DOES NOT DIE!

And if someone can think of a kid simply as a "collateral damage" of economic, well...god save his soul, because he has lost any humanity.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 5 years ago
Half satisfied...

I didn't have a problem with Bass and Gen/Sarah staying together in the end. Her infidelity was fueled by pure fear of losing her children and the husband she'd grown to love, and she was already seriously emotionally messed up from her past teen years. It's understandable and Bass is a good man for looking beyond it to try to salvage the love they shared. I would have been more satisfied if something had been mentioned about her getting help after she got out of prison (a silly plot device, but whatever... dramaaaa!) since they're definitely going to have trust issues to work with and her moral compass is clearly twisted but whatever. I have the feeling they'd be able to work through it with enough devotion and patience.

The problem I DID have was the four fuckwads who blackmailed her into cheating on Bass got off WAY too easily. Sure, Rath is going to suffer some... maybe, if he actually decides to stay with Beatrice after she gets knocked up by another man, but not nearly enough in my mind. Betraying your brother like that is beyond heinous. He deserved to be burned. As for Bass's supposed best friend and his boss, they got a pleasant talking to and an official reprimand respectively. No more promotions for you two! ... and that's it? The other asshole Shawn gets off with a stern threat because he's a pansy and his wife's sick? I realize Bass is a nice guy, a humanitarian and all that, but Christ almighty, these backstabbing jerkoffs fucked your wife! More than once after blackmailing her! Show some goddamned spine, man!

Very, very unsatisfying. Keep your wife by all means but show these assholes that you mean to protect her from now on. Hell, Vernon will probably try to screw her again just because he's pissed that Bass promoted that woman over him. Why not, it's clear he won't do much about it. When people accuse a man of being a cuck, this is why. You don't have to go green beret on them and kick ass but, hell, do SOMEthing. This part was just... not good.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Just, wow

Carvohi at his very best. A wonderful story.

justbobkcjustbobkcover 4 years ago
Nice

I rated this 5 stars a long time ago when I first read it.

It is still 5 stars -- BUT the one real disconnect to me now is the way you portrayed Sarah's thoughts while she was with Rath and the whole "giggling" thing when she was with the other men.

That whole "I don't know why I am doing this" internal dialogue.

But she did know.

266xxyz266xxyzover 4 years ago
I give you 5 stars tho I thought your plot line went kinda side ways.

What ever your or your character have great "Voice". And somehow, there seemed to be an underlying tone Mickie Spillane air..cynical, smoke filled rooms and cheap booze. Sometimes I could almost hear Robert Mitchum telling the tale. Good read. Thanks Carvoi.

sbrooks103xsbrooks103xover 4 years ago
"Smaller Parts?"

"It runs a little long so I've broken it into smaller parts for your convenience." - Um, THIS part is TEN pages, and it's been over four years without Ch 2!

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Tired

of authors inserting their "profound" bumper-sticker based views on economics, welfare, "healthcare", etc. Carvohi deserves to get his medical care from Britain's NHS, and I hope he enjoys his Obamacare noninsurance. BTW, the idea that "Sarah" would have gotten jail time for her "identity theft" is laughable. The author went there to have her punished to make the RAAC less offensive, but it was a stupid plot device.

tazz317tazz317over 4 years ago
TAKING A STORY USED BY SO MANY WITH CAVEATS

this author took the incidents and made it a Carvohi great tale, TK U MLJ LV NV

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Tough Choice

I think I would have done the same thing .. Because of the 3 Ladies I truly Loved in this Story .

WhoGivesAShitWhoGivesAShitover 4 years ago
Pretty good

Ultimately a man can’t make decisions based on what ‘most other men’ would choose; he has to make the best decision for himself and those he cares about. In this case, Sarah was most guilty of not trusting Bass. Under threat of blackmail, she was terrified of losing him. She made a bad choice, which obligated her to repeat her bad decision.

What would have happened if she’d told her husband the truth at the time of the first threat? To that point, she hadn’t cheated; and he’d never had reason to ask. At that point he had no reason to kick her out, but a good reason to kick Shawn’s ass. They could move on with life, and identity theft would never be an issue.

She didn’t trust Bass because her self esteem was awful. Her actions during her youth were simply about survival. Sarah was a scared, broken woman, barely coping with life. It takes a strong man to admit his own mistake (not asking about her past over the years); analyze the facts; and be willing to work through her issues with her.

Divorce her, and most likely it hurts the kids; but Sarah would probably attempt suicide at some point, and that would be far worse for three young girls.

MarkT63MarkT63over 4 years ago
CUCK!!!

Wife is not only a CHEATING SLUT; but a lying prostitute!!! And this pussy CUCK stays with her??!! He should have made her leave and commit suicide like she threatened...

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
It Was Long

I read the story all the way through, but really, I lost interest pretty early in. When it became obvious Bass was gonna let his brother slide on screwing his wife Sarah, I knew the fix was in. Now I’m not automatically against any or all reconciliation, there are no doubt instances where reconciliation is the best thing for both parties. But to catch your brother and your wife getting it on? For me that would totally kill any sliver of a possibility of a reconciliation. In fact there’s a better than even chance that my brother would never make it out of the house alive. Yeah, I’m a vindictive SOB, sue me. Well written story, I just didn’t care much for the content.

lee5456lee5456almost 4 years ago
A damn good story

Thank you for writing such a fantastic but sad story

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago

Sarah/Genevieve faced adulthood with few resources and no support. She made some bad decisions, but managed to survive until she could better her lot. Bass saw her as a good wife and mother ... until someone showed up from her past and blackmailed her for sex. It would’ve been great if she had come clean to Bass earlier, but entirely believable that someone who had been “sent back” so many times a child would Be afraid and try to keep her past hidden in response to the threat. This wasn’t a woman who disrespected her husband and cheated for her own selfish pleasure; she was a troubled woman who was scared. I find it believable and reasonable that Bass recognized her troubled past and gave her a chance to move forward together.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago

soooooooooo long ouch

Demosthenes384bcDemosthenes384bcabout 3 years ago

Another "C" classic. I have no idea how you conjure up these "crazy bitches" but no one on this site can come close. 5*

ibuguseribuguseralmost 3 years ago

Very nice. Betrayal, drama, romance, and happy ending.

Thanks for sharing. 5*.

PorterrhPorterrhover 2 years ago

Talk about a bad day … his Mum dies in a car accident, his dad dies of a heart attack and he catches his wife having an affair with his brother …… believability factor - what do you think … lol 😂

carvohicarvohiover 2 years agoAuthor

Hi. This is to Porterrh who is immediately above. There's always a question of believability. Who can imagine a man losing his mother and wife on the same day? It happened to T. Roosevelt. The inexplicable does happen. I'm glad you read and had the courtesy to express an opinion. I needed that.

carvohi

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

The heartbeat thing at the end. Never run across that in a million short stories I've read, here and elsewhere. As a narrative device, pure gold. A 5.

RedWRX2019RedWRX2019over 2 years ago

No, real men would not have have kicked Sarah to the curb and done exactly what the MC did. Great ending!

usaretusaretover 2 years ago

Very interesting story, hard to put down.

husker506husker506over 2 years ago

I'm glad you made this story as a positive reflection to the constant heartache that he endured. I believe Sara was always afraid of what happens next. I also believe She was a sexual assault victim that was abused by the system and her so called overseers. Great story and loved the in-depth of the feelings of the characters. Definitely a 5 for me.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

It was very good.

The End

Hiker66BikerHiker66Bikerabout 2 years ago

Great story. Well written. Hard to put down. 5 stars.

DrgwngDrgwngabout 2 years ago

The wimp apology at the end would be hilarious if it was not so ridiculous. All the writer male main characters are wimps. Many have asked the question previously on many stories, so it is a very common fact and perception. In fact this author is on record as saying that women need to be for given or at least allowed to have infidelity. I guess everyone can be in their own universe. So, if you write wimps, as mmc the why try to apologize and represent other than facts. Write what is your wheelhouse and life experience, and let all those women make cucks and be so helpful to society. The response here was unbelievably wimpy. Work with guys that effed your wife? I do not think so. Allow Nellie who kept secrets from her supposed friend mr Mc proceed without her due? Why, other than being a wimp. Bro dong your wife with malice and intent, but not respond. Yeah that is fine. Why do these lw writers always just allow outside third parties to just not tell, keep secrets and this is morally and ethically acceptable? Just continue pushing your pitiful agenda.

arsenelupin66arsenelupin66almost 2 years ago

I really wanted to be able to rate this story well, but I cannot as it is filled with errors of syntax, construction, and continuity, all of which could have been avoided if a competent editor had reviewed this. For example, what happened to the guy's hands? He beats the car dash so violently his hands have to be bandaged, but then it is as if that never happened, ie, he isn't in pain that night, the bandages never appear again. What happened to his rage? He was so angry he wanted to dismember his wife, yet the author never brings us through how that rage dissipates. An editor would have picked up the misuse of “near sighted” when “far sighted” is what is meant, as well as using “apocryphal” when “apocalyptic” was the correct word. Some of the sentences were so incorrectly punctuated that they made no literal sense. And lastly, the entire issue of Sarah going to prison for identity theft strains credibility to the point of being inane, no prosecutor would bother taking that to trial, at best it would be pled out to probation. While I applaud the effort and creativity of the author, to rate this higher it simply must be better.

carvohicarvohialmost 2 years agoAuthor

A little missive from carvohi.

Just above this little note you might find a comment by arsenelupin66. I'd like to respond to his very generous contribution to me and to Literotica.

I'm just an old guy who has nothing better to do with his spare time than make up stories and put them out on the Internet for free hoping they might be entertaining. I am not a scholar gifted in the English language. I, like most of the people here on Literotica, write on the cuff and from the heart. I'm not writing a thesis. I'm not looking for a Pulitzer Prize. I know I make mistakes. I just want to tell a story every now and then, and if I'm lucky, I might make someone feel a little better. I hope so.

I suppose those among us who really are near sighted need to buy some spectacles that will enable them to see a little further than their noses. Sorry, I had to add that quip.

carvohi Jedd Clampett

DreddrasDreddrasover 1 year ago

Overall, I'd rate this quite well. It was an entertaining read, and the early pages were downright gripping. I do, however, feel that the story lost a lot of steam in the later chapters, and, like arsenelupin66 stated, there were several continuity issues that detracted from the overall story.

It almost read like two stories. In the first half, Bass is put through the wringer by the deaths of his parents and the discovery of his wife's/brother's betrayal. There is no indication of any real redeeming quality in Sarah which would justify the eventual reconciliation. Sarah does not seem to have a rational/"good" motive for her infidelity. It is just something she does, as a matter of course. There is NOTHING in the story (even though we see the story at times through her eyes as well as Rath's) telegraphing that she is being blackmailed. Rather, she's just sleeping with him because it's something she does. Same thing with her other lovers. She expresses no remorse, does not display any guilt; her infidelity just appears to be a part of who she is. She gets flirty with someone, fucks them, and that's that. The eventual reveal that she was a prostitute who was then completely faithful to her husband until blackmailed by a former acquaintance and by her brother-in-law rings false in light of the set up in the first half of the story.

Similar inconsistencies exist with other characters. Rath is depicted as, frankly, monstrous in the first half of the story. He's callously, indifferently cruel to his brother, and expresses absolutely zero remorse upon being caught. He is basically a sociopath. Why, then, is he suddenly depicted as remorseful, suddenly devoted to his wife Beatrice, and willing, somehow, to put up with her cuckolding him in order to stay with her (as their incomes were roughly equal, there was no reason for him to fear a divorce from a monetary perspective).

I actually love a good reconciliation story. I just wish that this read like one consistent narrative leading to reconciliation, rather than a massive betrayal narrative which pivots to a reconciliation. I'm also not sold on "I wanted to hide that I used to be a whore so I became a whore again" as a solid basis for a reconciliation, but will concede that the author is free to have his MC act as he sees fit.

Again, overall I enjoyed the story, and will probably 5 star it. I just wish that some of the reasons for the eventual reconciliation were hinted at in the opening chapters, or at the very least that clear reasons against reconciliation were not so prevalent.

nightdragon1nightdragon1over 1 year ago

I honestly get as much entertainment from reading the comments as I get reading the stories. Some people's children........LMAO.

Bish08Bish08over 1 year ago

Hey Carvohi,

Great as always. This is one where I don't think badly of the guy.

To Dreddras, I believe it's implied that Rath made it known that Sarah was available.... Meaning he made her available prob by threats implied or direct.

As for redeeming qualities, there's every indication that she's a loving, supportive wife. And she's made to look like a great Mom. Sure, not a strong person (Not sure how many people won't be broken by her childhood) but she came across as a good person otherwise -past self excepted.

All in all, MC not a wimp this time.

Great story.

l0ver0tical0ver0tica12 months ago

Liked it a lot. From one old guy to another, thanks...

ZippityDoDaDayZippityDoDaDay11 months ago

What a great story; unique plot, well written, and a happy(-ish) ending. I think she paid more than enough and the reconciliation was well deserved.

marshamaymarshamay9 months ago

I enjoyed this story. It reminded me of some folks i have known, and a bit myself, as i grew up in foster homes. Thankfully the last one was great. 5 star thingys.

bobareenobobareeno8 months ago

This was just excellent. The redeemed whore, told well, and you can’t blame him for loving her. 5 stars, Carvohi!

Ocker53Ocker538 months ago

I started out BTB but you won me over, I can live with the ending, excellent story ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️

sam456789sam4567896 months ago

Great story. Folks are broken in many ways.. not all are obvious.

dinotail2023dinotail20233 months ago

One of the better you have written.

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

Thanks for a good storey!

I found myself wanting to kick him and tell him to wake up and realise that her choices were pretty much forced on her, and that when given the choice she was a loyal and loving wife. In fact I got quite heated and concerned that he would dump her - that your storey evoked that level of response in me says you have written a very good storey!

Thankyou!

AnonymousAnonymous9 days ago

Bass had a strong character, with compassion as his career helping people indicated. Sarah was like the penitent Magdalen who followed her man at the risk of her life. The children were the glue of the family. Pathos overcome 'via dela rosa', and a crown of thorns. (QED?) A good modern parable. (He who is without sin...)

12
Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous