The Saint Valentine's Day Murders

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

As Alyssa gave Devan a fuller accounting over the coming nights, it became clear that she had at no time felt physically threatened nor did she even at any point ask them to stop their intimate administrations. It had just been silently understood that her entire body was theirs to use in any mutually enjoyable way that came to mind. She actually took phone numbers from a couple of the guys before leaving, although he is not aware that she ever got in touch with any of them. The Knights usually avoided any on-going entanglements, on account of his job, of course.

Devan had failed to score on only two or three of their nights at the Green Room. His scrumptious wife never once logged fewer than 2 new cummers. And on the subsequent Thursday nights at home they usually enjoyed the most mind-blowing marital sex anyone could hope for.

Sometimes they came home from club nights with new ideas that they both enjoyed. Notable was the night she took her first ass fucking ever. And her second one, with another man, two hours later. She doesn't even remember who those experiences were with, but she became an instant evangelist for anal copulation with her club hookups. Since then, she has insisted that her husband penetrate her derrière at least a couple of times a month. How could life get any better?

They're back at the puke-green Green Door again. He pays his cover charge; ladies get in free. They decided to start their club time together this night and headed for the central dance floor to find a table with a view of the dancers. After she got her marguerita and he got his bourbon and coke they danced a slow one and then a 60's rock number together. A guy tapped Devan on the shoulder politely and his wife took a 3-second appraising look at him and turned to accept his hand. After the first 60 seconds they were snuggling like they were long time lovers. Maybe they had been.

He returned to their table, feeling it was less than likely she would return to it. She never carries a purse when in the clubs, only a small clutch purse at her waist, so she was not tethered to that table.

He didn't even try to find an available female right away, just watched Alyssa with her first suitor of the evening. She seemed to have hit paydirt right off the bat, letting his hands clutch her buns and his nose nuzzle her neck. It looked to him like the guy had gotten lucky and intercourse would soon be in the offing.

His wife was definitely not a wallflower. Quite the contrary, she was likely to orgasm with as many as 6 or 8 or more different guys in one night. Of course, the specific nature of the intimate involvements can vary widely, from just mutually getting off on a dance partner's leg to some back-booth oral sex and all the way to a private room with all-orifice penetration with multiple partners.

!*#!*#!*#!*#!*#!*#!*#!*#!*#*#!*#!*#!*#!*#!*#!*#!*#!*#!*#!*#!*#!*#!*#!*#!*#!*#!*#!*#!*#!*#!*#!*#!*#!*#!*#

Back to the present day.

Devan had the 2pm to 10pm shift on Thursday and got there minutes early to sniff out the developments in the St. Valentine's Day Murder case. His boss, Sergeant Perry Hogan, who usually worked the afternoon shift, filled him in. The 4th shooting victim seemed likely to survive but was being of no help in identifying the killer or killers. They didn't know for certain if multiple shooters were involved or not, but the ballistics all came from one weapon and their witness only spotted one male shooter. They couldn't determine why the survivor seemed to be so unhelpful, was he scared of someone, was he sympathetic toward the killers, or was he just plain clueless?

There had been no further developments in his own fire-trap death case. He went to his phone and was able, after the usual run-around, to learn that the fire victims' preliminary autopsies would be ready by noon at the lab.

A call to Child Protective Services confirmed that they had a file on the deceased girl. Over the phone they gave him the information that she had indeed been the granddaughter of the older victim. They were able to give him an address for the girl's mother and he headed over there after grabbing a quick jelly roll.

The young victim's mother was at home, but clearly inebriated at 10:00 in the morning. He had no idea if that was her usual condition, or her perhaps understandable reaction to losing her child in such an horrific manner. She made an honest effort to respond to questions, but they were mutually unable to come up with anything remotely suspicious about the circumstances. His write-up indicated as much.

The autopsy reports showed nothing unexpected. The mother had a small amount of alcohol in her system, the girl none. There were no unusual signs of trauma on either of them. Neither showed any signs of restraints on their bodies. There were scratch marks on their fingers that probably indicated a too-late panic attempt to get out of the apartment. So sad, but not likely the result of 'foul play'.

In the afternoon, back at the station, there was a bit of news about the Valentine's Murders. The bullets had been fired from the same gun that had been used in an 8-year-old residential killing in Henderson, now a city of over a half million that shares a border with Las Vegas.

Henderson North Community Services Homicide Section had investigated the original case. The victim had been an exotic dancer who was resident in Henderson but worked across the city line in a club just off the Strip. The woman had been killed in her Henderson home, so, of course, Henderson had investigated.

Our Metro unit had no records pertaining to this shooting. Most non-locals assume the famous Strip is in the City of Las Vegas but that is not the case. Las Vegas Boulevard lies largely outside the city proper, in unincorporated Clark County. A whole 'nother jurisdiction.

The Henderson killing had never been solved and the gun itself never turned up. It was thought to have been a private assault with no known connection to organized crime. The case was now de facto cold since no one had worked on it for a few years. Someone would go pick up a copy of everything in their file.

Over the coming days little was heard about the St. Valentine's Day Murders. Devan's slum lord case was closed with no evidence of foul play. He did learn that that the building owner had been indicted. Good news. He found it hard to get the image of that little girl out of his mind.

!*#!*#!*#!*#!*#!*#!*#!*#!*#*#!*#!*#!*#!*#!*#!*#!*#!*#!*#!*#!*#!*#!*#!*#!*#!*#!*#!*#!*#!*#!*#!*#!*#!*#!*#

On Wednesday evening, he came home to find his wife in what appeared to be a pensive mood. But she had made up her mind to go out and suggested they try something other than their usual haunt. He did understand why. But he told her no way. The curious cop in him wouldn't let him miss a chance to peek at the shooting site. He put on his patronizing, sad face and offered "Unless you are too emotional about your lost buddy to see the place."

"No hon, I hope you know he didn't mean anything to me other than an above average fuck. We didn't even talk very much, our mouths were usually full, I guess. We can go to our favorite haunt. The Green Door is certainly the classiest place to get laid."

As they drove, and touched fingers, Alyssa seemed a bit solemn in her anticipation. He teased her about being so glum. "My love, you are going to have a new cock inside you within 20 minutes, guaranteed."

"Money back guarantee?"

"I'm paying the tab honey, so do not fret." Not that she ever had to pay for a drink there. She leaned sideways as much as the seatbelt would allow and barely touched her head to his shoulder. She reached her hand on his crotch and he returned the favor although it was quite a stretch. "God, I love you so fucking much!"

"You mean you love fucking me so much..."

"I so fucking much love fucking you darlin'. Of course, there's a hundred guys who can honestly make that same statement." Grin.

"Ohhh, now that is an exaggeration Devan Knight." She demurred.

After their light turned green, he restated his case. "Have you ever even tried to keep count?"

"Hmmm, I just fuck 'em, I don't count 'em" she smiled.

"Well, let's try to estimate, o.k.? We have been clubbing for what, 30, 32 months?"

After seconds of forehead wrinkling she offered "32 I think".

"Well in those months, we maybe skipped 4 or 5 weeks at most for one reason or another. But then we did the adult cruise to the Caribbean so those 6 days of action would more than make up for the missed Wednesdays." He could be so mathematical at times.

"O.k., so how many dicks do you average in one night clubbing? " He smirked.

After a brief pause, Alyssa said "That is a very hard thing to say. Wait, are we counting guys or fucks or orgasms? Makes a big, big difference."

"Well, you decide wifey pooh. After all its your record we are trying to document here."

She burst out in laughter, enjoying the game. "Hmm, well we can't possibly count orgasms because, as you well know, I might have half a dozen in one fucking, or maybe none. I don't take notes. I think it would be almost as hard to guess the number of fucks, since there are threesomes and even air-tights to factor in."

He took back the initiative "Whoa, you are just trying to make things difficult. So, talk about that air-tight hook up. I and half the guys in the room saw that last month. There were 3 guys in you for most of an hour, and we both know they all came multiple times. Then for the last 10 minutes or so, one of them got replaced. That is four guys right there who can say they love fucking you and I'm sure they give thanks every night in their prayers."

He was getting a tad breathless as they pulled into the Green Door parking. Topic to be taken up at another time. He recalled on a previous discussion that they had agreed she had never had fewer than three guys cum for her during a night on the town. But that was the minimum and it was often the case that she scored more, sometimes several more. He couldn't really say unless he happened to just wander into a pile of naked bodies somewhere and hear her voice from underneath. LOL. And there is also the fact that she has been pulling those trains in the last few months, with maybe 10 to 14 riders aboard.

He took a stab and guessed his good wife had fucked a good bit over 600. Times, not guys.

Of course, there were a large number of frequent repeaters, so easily well over 100 or, at most, maybe 150 different cocksmen. WHEW! But, he realized, while the numbers sound outrageous, he had shared the life openly, right alongside her, and never once had cause to resent, or be jealous about her promiscuity. It's just sex as they say. Only once had her monthly blood tests turned up anything nasty and in that case a bit of overpriced medication cleared it up quickly.

While his own score was considerably lower, that wasn't because he was being more faithful. It was simply the result of the fact that women find partners more easily than men do. And Alyssa had never shared with him any bugs.

He smiled to himself, realizing how much he loved his wife and how happy he was that she was able so often to enjoy the pleasures of taking a new lover. Probably 'partner' was the better word. He was fascinated, but not really concerned, about the number of guys that had cum in his sweety, so long as they never hurt her, gave her something, or knocked her up. Just so long as they give her those thrilling moments that only a new conquest can generate.

!*#!*#!*#!*#!*#!*#!*#!*#!*#*#!*#!*#!*#!*#!*#!*#!*#!*#!*#!*#!*#!*#!*#!*#!*#!*#!*#!*#!*#!*#!*#!*#!*#!*#!*#

They went through the routine sign-in at the door and headed for their favorite table at the danceroom bar. Guys were immediately saying hello to Alyssa but were not immediately rushing to ask her to dance. Regulars knew she would want to get a drink and dance with her partner for the first few numbers. It turned out tonight was different.

A rather plain-looking woman, probably in her mid to late 40's, dropped in beside Alyssa as soon as they returned from their first dances. He looked her over questioningly, but she spoke directly to Alyssa, "Sorry to bother you mam, but I just have to talk with you."

His wife's eyes flitted to him, but she saw that he was waiting for her to respond. "What is it about?"

"My name is Greta, Greta Johnston," she started with.

"We don't usually use full names in here Greta." She responded, if only to put the intruding woman on the defensive. She was inwardly panicked about what might be coming,

He stuck a finger up in front of them, interrupting with "Johnston? As in Dwayne Johnston by any chance?" They looked at him instantly.

"Yyyess, my husband. Or he was, I mean." Greta managed. "Go on" he said, and his wife nodded.

Greta looked from one to the other of the Knights. "Are you two together?" she asked.

"For the moment," he mumbled.

"Well, mmm, could we go someplace more private, please?" looking at Alyssa again...silence..."3 people was killed and I think you and me could be the next ones mam. I don't want to be seen talking to you like this."

Presto chango! Horney swinger turns into serious-faced homicide Detective. "Mrs. Johnston, we will talk. Listen, I want you ladies both to walk away. Do you know the last room on the second floor? The one on the right, that is usually the last one to fill up?" They both nod and he continued in his drill sergeant persona "I want you to nonchalantly walk to that back room, I think it's called the Secrets room or something. I will meet you there. If there are people in there, we will just find another place to move to."

"Bullshit boss-man! "Alyssa vented her disapproval of the plan. "I'm not having anything to do with this lady, even if she is...was married to a man I was fucking." She had an unspoken reason for not wanting this conversation to go any further.

"Listen to my bossy, Homicide Detective voice, mam. This ceased to be about what you want the second she talked about you two being the next to be killed. The biggest case in Homicide right now is the unsolved murder of this woman's husband, your fuck buddy. So, my officer's hat is on right now and I am the commanding officer at the scene."

He gently put his hand on the back of Alyssa's and patted it. "Our guys in Homicide are stumped right now, then here comes a possible lead, so I need to pursue it. I don't really want either of you two involved, but right now we need to talk. Then we can decide if one or both of you should head for cover. Now do what I said."

Alyssa had no problem heading Mrs. Johnston upstairs and getting her safely into the "Sweet Secrets" room which was unoccupied at that early hour. Devan joined them ten minutes later, with his cell phone in hand and his gun under his shirt. He had to use his official ID to get past the no-phone or weapons rule up front, which created a bit of a fuss.

"Mrs. Johnston," soothed Devan. "You will be o.k., please relax. I am a Detective with Las Vegas Metro. I am armed and I am capable of protecting both of you." He showed his ID already in his shirt pocket. He made a show of holding it up for Alyssa too, thinking it best to disguise the fact that she already knew what the hell he did for a living. Devan had had an epiphany on the way out to the car and wanted to very carefully see if he could save his wife from getting drawn into the investigation.

"Oh, thank God." Mrs. Johnston said, "I knew I needed to go to the cops, but I didn't know how to go about it."

"O.K. mam. Take a deep breath. We will get formal statements later, but for now just give me the gist of the events."

"I think it might have been someone my husband knew. I told that to the cops when they talked to me.

"Tell me" he urged.

"I will, I will. Well, I was here at the club. You know, in the room where the people got shot. And this lady was there too." Pointing at his wife. "We got away, but I think they are looking for me, both of us, probably. I did NOT tell that part to the police before."

Alyssa's eyes caught his and she looked sheepishly away.

By the sheer strength of his fit physique, Officer Knight controlled his urge to crap in his pants right that minute. "So, what went down?"

'These two couples were fuckin, you know. I call 'em couples 'cuz they were couplin'. But they sure weren't couples. Least my husband wasn't, last I looked at my wedding ring.

"It was in one of them smaller privates. I was just watching them from the corner, watching my dear husband get some action but I wasn't a part of. Then some wild man barges in with a gun in his hand. He don't see us in the corner, me and this lady." Again, pointing at Alyssa.

"He's wavin' this gun and he screams and shoots the one woman right in the face a couple times. Then he shoots the man who had just been fucking her, my HUSBAND! The other man tries to grab him so he up and shoots both of them too. Then he shot every one of them 1 or 2 more times 'til he runs outta bullets and runs out the door. Just as he's leavin' he hesitated and I'm sure he spots us in the corner, but people were racing toward the door so he takes off fast pointing his gun in their direction which stopped them right enough. That's why I think he is looking for us as witnesses."

Alyssa steps closer and puts her arms around the sobbing woman in a comforting gesture. "I can verify all that Officer. I can add a few details, later, and I can explain why you didn't already know about all this." The grim, almost terrified face on the love of his life warned him to take it slowly, for now.

Devan then came a bit closer to the women, as if in confidence. "I want to give you two an explanation about how I'm going to investigate this matter. As you may have figured out by now, I personally am a member of this disreputable club. If my employer finds out, I will probably soon be a former Detective. So, I want to protect all of us from unnecessary exposure". He looked at Alyssa with an unseen wink.

"So, we will go to a more private room here to finish this conversation. Then, I will call the head of Homicide and have them come down. Greta, I will make sure you get the most secrecy possible." He slyly slipped into using her first name on a familiar basis. She nodded her head appreciatively. "But there is no way I can keep you out of this entirely, Greta. Officers have already interviewed you, as the spouse of one of the victims you would have been among the first to be talked with. Would you care to tell me why you didn't tell the officers that you were afraid of being killed?"

The woman looked accused and said "I should have, I'm sorry. But, for one I was scared of being locked up in witness protection or something, you know? And then they made me sit in the Metro back rooms and look at mug shots for most of two solid days. Plus which, I didn't want to get someone else involved who maybe didn't want to be" nodding toward Alyssa. I did say I thought there maybe was another lady in that room watching, but I didn't know her. And that was the truth officer! I didn't know you, mam, don't think I ever seen you before until you came in today."

Devan allowed himself a gentlemanly chuckle, "Greta, I can tell you are someone with a fine sense of the difference between 'the whole truth and nothing but the truth' and volunteering stuff they don't ask about. I think that you and I can probably protect this lady from prying questions and recognition, by just not bringing her up again in the testimony yet to come. Does that work for you Greta?"

She looked closely at my wife and hesitated, "I suppose so. How will that work?"

"Well, Greta, the very last thing I would want you to do is lie, not even a little white lie. But when you recount your eyewitness experience you just pass over any mention of another witness. If they asked you directly 'wasn't there another woman in the room' you say something like, 'yes, I told you that. But I didn't know her at all, and I lost track of her after we ran out of the room'. Hopefully, that will stifle that. But if they said something more direct, like 'do you know anything at all about this other witness, then don't even think about lying. You might say something like 'I've only seen her once since then in here and we only spoke a few words. I don't even know her name. I don't think she's a regular.'