All Comments on 'The Salmon'

by TstormF1

Sort by:
  • 56 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousalmost 12 years ago
Awesome

If this book was for sale in the stores i would spend money and buy it you are such a good writer i loved the story it was so intense, 5 Stars

P.s. i am a male reader and i found it verry erotic <3

ipmwebipmwebalmost 12 years ago
Great Story

I enjoyed your story very much. Thank you for sharing it with us and I hope to read more.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 12 years ago
WOW.

This was really a great story. I wish I could find that special person in that special place. I want to say thank you to the one who wrote it.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 12 years ago
Great Story

M/60/Louisiana

I enjoyed this story and hope you will continue writing. You have a reall talent for telling a tale and making it come to life. Thank you for sharing.

Jerry

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 12 years ago
Appalled

This is a horrible portrayal of people from the west of Ireland and if anyone from that region were to read this story they would be appalled. It was also horrible to see how you portrayed the Irish as having terrible grammar and a Scottish dialect on top of that, Not to mention that you made us out to be a bunch of ignorant hicks that allow domestic violence to go unpunished, the fact that you believe something like that to be true enough to post in your story is unfathomable and a test to how truly ignorant you are of our country and it's culture. You are being prejudice to Ireland and it does not go unnoticed.

mick1953mick1953almost 12 years ago
Great story!

The earlier anonymous poster may have valid points, but I enjoyed every bit of this story. The erotic parts were great; the characters relatively credible and a good narrative. PLEASE keep writing! This was almost like mixing the "Quiet Man" and "Brigadoon" with the best porn! Outstanding job. You should consider pursuing professional opportunities!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 12 years ago
Outstanding

I have never reviewd a story here before......

I started out looking for a "cheap thrill". what I found was a wonderful story of love and famliy. I was deeply moved by the development of the characters in such a short story. This author should definately try to publish.

Again outstanding please write more.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 12 years ago
Nice story

Nice job, could really get into it.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 12 years ago
Appaling?

I hope the "appaling" anonymous writer further below will only visit sites of the Irish Tourist Board in the future instead of sites of erotic fiction.

I enormously enjoyed the story, the plot, and the settings (which may have been in Scotland or elsewhere as well - no matter). I was touched, and that's not what many stories do. Keep up the good work!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 12 years ago
really great

It's not about Ireland or the people. It's a love story about connecting. Too many people take fiction into reality and expect it to work. I really enjoyed it. Will have to check any other stories by the author.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 12 years ago
Fantastic read

The gift of imagination is one thing that sets us apart from each other. Some of us have no imagination at all while others share the gift leading us to places we have never been before.

You my friend are blessed with this gift. Please continue your fantastic thoughts that encourage others to think outside the box. I look forward to reading more of your submissions.

This is my first comment on anyone's submission of fantasy. I hope to be able to give words of encouragement again.

Scott Sinclair.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 12 years ago
Critism.....but praise

Ok the critism is Duncan. There was virtually no intro for him and I'm just going to assume he's a well known type of figure from that part of the world. But the problem is I have to assume cause I don't know. Also the back story between him and Leah is just thrown out there with no connecting parts. Having said that this is still one of the best stories I've read on this site in a long, long, time and I thank you for it.

stargazer_bardstargazer_bardover 10 years ago
Absolutely Fantastic!

Well told tale of true love, courage and justice. Worth 10 stars!

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
Wonderful

Thanks for sharing your story!

Sid0604Sid0604over 10 years ago
Thank you

I enjoyed reading your story.

Thank you

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
Great story

Wonderful story. With a happy ending. Thanks for writing it.

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
Well done,

While I prefer more kinky and raw stories, I couldn't stop reading this until I finished it. A wonderfully written story, it hits on all cylinders, plot, character development, creativity and believability.

Highly recommended.

garybluegaryblueover 10 years ago
Not so fast, paleface

Anonymous07/03/12

Appalled

Are you forgetting the Scots (Celts) came from Ireland? Have you not spent time in any small, out of the way villages in Western England, Scotland, Wales or Ireland, or Brittany for that matter? Old remnants of Armorican and Gallician and even older forms of Bulgarian, Aramaic and Turkic ( the bases of the Celtic language) are still extant. I would would surely expect the old language to be preserved to some degree in an isolated village that still honors the old religion. My limited experience with Irish and Scottish people is that their pronunciation isn't that different, but the cadence of their speech is.

Besides, this is fiction and in the fantasy section. What do you expect? Do you knock the Trueblood series because the story line includes vampires, racists and religious fundamentalists in Louisiana?

This was an especially well written love story with likable characters and just enough sex to give it spice without making it a wank story. If you can accept there sometimes happens an instant bonding between two people, then you should be able to accept a little superstition thrown into the mix. It's called a suspension of belief, and is required for reading any fiction.

✰✰✰✰✰

TstormF1TstormF1over 10 years agoAuthor
Thank you for your comments

I want to thank everyone for their comments on this story. You're comments have encouraged me to add additional submissions. I value the comments, even the negative ones. For instance someone pointed out that Duncan burst unannounced into the story. When I checked I found that I'd some how dropped several pages out of the story. I'll try to republish a corrected version when I finish the current story. Again, thank you for your comments

LeFrog08LeFrog08over 10 years ago
Boy, did I ever enjoy this!

I got hooked at the beginning and could'nt let go until the end. What a great story. My thanks to the author, TstormF1, for this delightful piece.

dapidapiover 10 years ago
Erin Gu Braith

Glad to have found this story. Gladder still to have read it.

A note in passing;

The Micks are a lusty lot, quick to anger, quick to violence and the passions that are love. They will hold a grudge for ages or forgive in an instant. They are the stuff of legends and lore, villians and heroes both.

TstormF1 keep up the good work and I hope that you keep writing.

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
Beautiful

Glad to have found this one. Very well done, a "5" from me.

SplitAcesSplitAcesover 9 years ago
Very nice

Except for the master/slave bullshit. That has nothing to do with true love!

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
I have to say wow.

This is a great story. I think it is a well written and articulat. I have only read three stories with druids in them and I have to put this one on the top of the list.

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
thumbs up

Applause!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 9 years ago
great story!

This one would be worth seeing in print even if it is kinda short ;p would definitely be worth keeping and reading over and over

QyronQyronalmost 9 years ago
Great job but still enough room to improve

You have a fluid writing style but I found a tendency to repeat yourself; you report from the narrator role and then repeat what was previously told to the reader through the mouths of your characters. Although this may work, if you try and refine your writing, using the narrator to put out the larger picture and then using the characters to provide depth and detail, it is usually something very hard to balance and thus something to generally avoid.

Also, there seems to be a tendency to rush things, jumping from one situation to the next, leaving behind loose ends that most probably could improve the story as a whole.

There was plenty of room to give some insight on how the couple had faced life throughout the year they spent apart; we were told what happened at the fellow's work but was going on in his head? How were things when he got home and there was nothing there expecting him? What did the couple shared with each over the conversations they had during that time? Lots of room to explore there.

Another thing that bothered me was how easily the guy simply took on the dominant role just because he was suppose to do so. Yes, this is a fantasy tale, but give it some depth; even the most wanting man to such a thing would most probably want some questions answered and details explained and even get perhaps a little cold feet at doing it. You gave a 0-to-60mph approach on the intimacy of the couple. Try it like you did with the whisky: with a drop of water. Thin it out.

There is a solid story here, with good ideas in it, that begs to be refined. It's the kind of story I would be willing to buy and place on my shelf, even if I'm not really into D&S.

rightbankrightbankover 8 years ago
pretty darn good, but

There were some places that didn't make sense. Who was Duncan and how did he appear out of nowhere? Why didn't we know anything about Leah's past life as a prostitute? All we had heard up to the raid by Rob and his mates was that she had spent 2 years in an unpleasant job and wouldn't ever go back.

What's up with the BDSM/Master slave business? The story turned way to dark for me when Duncan was captured. just sayin.

Nor do I understand denying orgasms. I have always believed if the woman can have more than I can, good for her! And me because of it!

Other than those questions it was a very romantic and loving story.

moan4memoan4mealmost 8 years ago
printed out

so sorry but my love for this story gat me printing out each chapter for my own happy reading when bored....hope i haven't done any wrong?....just love the story very much....nice one.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago

Let's see, first the praise: I enjoyed the unique, fresh setting quite a bit, the characters are somewhat relateable, and the story has an actual tension arc towards the end even with a cute subplot.

The big, fat "but", however, is the very, very questionable morality. The characters in this story are committing premeditated murder and vigilante justice, yet this huge, dramatic element of the plot - not the act itself, but the moral consequence - is barely touched upon in this story, and that's an unforgiveable mistake.

This part of the story should have been ideally suited as a hook to delve deeper into druid culture and philosophy - yet all the story cared about was letting the characters, acting like normal, everyday Irishmen, get away with the crime. I expected quite a bit more mystery from a story in the Sci-Fi genre.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
justice

really enjoyed this story wellthought out and presented. ialso like the way justice is served. guilt was proved and punishment rendered.thanks keep on writing

paps

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
A 5-STARS story

A very well written story with an enjoyable plot and excellent character development. I really enjoyed readindg it and read it in one sitting. I agree with the one comment that you should have included more about the druids and their ceremonies as it was one one of the story's tags. Retired Army NCO

19pvc4419pvc44almost 7 years ago
Druids

Sadly... We know so little about the druids; just hints here 'n there.

They were responsible for Newgrange and its surrounds - read up about that place - it's literally spectacular and way older than the pyramids!

5*

19pvc44

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 7 years ago
Fantastic Story

My wife and I have been to Ireland 4 times (we both have Irish blood) and absolutely love it. With that setting you could hardly miss getting me as a fan, but I also really liked the story... The good guys win, the bad guys lose. I believe there is a time for vigilante justice, and your story qualifies as well used.

Overall 5 stars, no question. I hope to see more of your work here. One of the best I have read here.

19pvc4419pvc44almost 7 years ago
Druids

Further to my comment below:-

It was the policy of the Roman Emperors and the Roman Army to eradicate the Druids - the religious concepts were too far apart for Rome to digest!

The Romans never launched a full scale invasion of Ireland, it's likely crossing the dangerous Irish Sea and the distance was a deterrent but... They did establish some sort of base about 70 miles north of Dublin and this would have been within striking distance of Newgrange and the associated Druidic communities in Ireland.

They wiped them out in England, France & etc.

Sadly - There are many theories they were mathematicians behind building the pyramids and other large monuments - but we'll never know now.

VBR

19pvc44

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
AGE has no bearing

Hi again , so I've found your stories and as can be Expected I'm enjoying them as well …F4CD

Kitist02Kitist02about 6 years ago
Outstanding!

I don't like to give 5*s, unless they are deserved, and this story deserves the accolade.

My ancestors were Celts and I acquired a great respect for their effect on European history. I don't know if there were Druids in the mix but I wouldn't be surprised.

The connection between Sean and Leah isn't something that can be adequately described. (At least my descriptive talents can't do it.) That said, my second wife and I had a similar connection; I knew where she was all the time, and she knew where I was all the time, and neither of us was quite comfortable when we weren't together.

J

Horseman68Horseman68almost 6 years ago
Absorbing Story.

A very enjoyable little story — a great combination of romance with a little excitement. Bravo.

FISHINGDUDEFISHINGDUDEalmost 5 years ago
Great Story!

Was a Nice Read! Good Plot and characterization. Keep up the Good Work!

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Some rough spots but worth each of the 5 stars

I greatly enjoyed reading your work, and look forward to the rest you’ve published here. I’d suggest trying Lit’s volunteer editor program or a beta reader or two, your storytelling is great but your written delivery needs a little help. Either of those would be of great help for you, I’d think.

LynchjimLynchjimover 3 years ago
Thank you

I’ve read every story you’ve written on literotica and loved each and every one of them please keep them coming.

Diecast1Diecast1over 2 years ago

I love the story. AAAAAA++++++

LynchjimLynchjimover 2 years ago

Yep just reread this story and it’s still a brilliant read even the third time around now it’s on to your story about camping in the woods I bloody love that one too. Thank you so much for the hours of enjoyment your talent has given me. AAAA++++++++

PurplefizzPurplefizzover 2 years ago

Good story, 5 stars! I especially liked the thugs being handed over to the women of the village, my late Mum always said that with the right motivation women could always be crueller than men, particularly if the guy they had was guilty of violence or sex offences against another woman or girl. That aside I loved the story, it waffled a little in places and could do with editing down but keeping the bones of it there. Thanks for writing and posting, cheers Ppfzz.

goodshoes2goodshoes2about 2 years ago

5 stars. Damn. What can I say? You write really great stories. Thank you. Please write a lot more.

UncertainTUncertainTalmost 2 years ago

OMG what a flight of imagination, I was completely transported away. 5* is not enough.

LynchjimLynchjimover 1 year ago

Yep just done it again that’s 5th time now lol still just as good A++++++

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Good story. Instead of throwing the kidnappers into the sea I would have taken them into the swampy forest and for some reason the trees claimed them. Late into the night the kidnappers started screaming and gradually the screams become faded and muffled until they were gone. When the villagers went looking for them the next day all traces of the bodies were gone, but where the bodies had been tied up and left, new saplings had appeared. Leah's children all had an affinity with the forest and salmon were known on occasion, to jump into their arms when they were fishing.

MarkT63MarkT63over 1 year ago

More a romance than Sci Fi... Great story!!!

nyteramblernyteramblerover 1 year ago

All I can say is WoW great story. Wish you were still writing more. Hope you are safe and that life is being kind to you.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

What a great story from start to finish

AnonymousAnonymous10 months ago

Good story,I liked it.

To the comment saying

How the writer should have

Written the story,I find that

Offensive.

AnonymousAnonymous7 months ago

It was a luvly tale. Was it fated to be? Sean should have his ancestry examined to see if there was more of an coincidental 'connection' that Leah and he had.

Other than that the druid faith had an unspoken 'connection' with the fae influence. Magical?

AnonymousAnonymous2 months ago

Thank you for the story. That was lovely. The only thing I didn't like was the Duncan business because that felt contrived.

joesijoesi2 months ago

Sorry to kill the story, but after the second call I would have switched of my mobile phone, case closed, you are welcome!

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userTstormF1@TstormF1
692 Followers
Retired from the US Air Force. Second career as a software engineer and System Administrator. I appreciate the comments on my work, even the negative ones. I checked the Salmon and there were a couple of paragraphs that some how got left out of the submission. They expla...

SIMILAR Stories