All Comments on 'The San Isidro Mysteries 01: Maria del Sueño'

by RiverMaya

Sort by:
  • 13 Comments
mordbrandmordbrandover 3 years ago
Probably your best yet

Five stars

chastenchastenover 3 years ago

What a wonderful story.

RiverMayaRiverMayaover 3 years agoAuthor
Reply to @mordbrand and @chasten

I am deeply humbled. Thank you so much.

RiverMayaRiverMayaover 3 years agoAuthor
Reply to @Boyd Percy

Thank you very much!

29wordsforsnow29wordsforsnowover 3 years ago

A mystery thriller with a dark background story - almost painful at several times what happens to the characters, took several breaks to read through.

With unfolding of the story, some directions and clues given, it became more and more captivating.

Loved that with each new puzzle piece the mystery became even more blurred than clearer.

And, well, when will those villain ever learn to be not so talkative?

Last but not least, thanks for the loveliest moment in your story when Maria is told that one day she will be happy to be born a girl. I would love to see the day when it won't make a difference in what body you are born and what you later decide how you define yourself.

Thanks for your story, looking forward to read the next.

RiverMayaRiverMayaover 3 years agoAuthor
Reply to @29wordsforsnow

A treasured complement ♡ Thank you once again, snow.

NewOldGuy77NewOldGuy77over 3 years ago

I didn’t know what to expect, but was very impressed at your plot and the ending. I know firsthand that writing a story like this was not easy to write, it was a real labor of love. Well Done!

RiverMayaRiverMayaover 3 years agoAuthor
Reply to @NewOldGuy77

Thank you. Your kind and generous comment has made my day!

A_BierceA_Bierceover 3 years ago

Worthy of a muse

You write with a rare combination of power and tenderness. I'm not sure we deserve you.

RiverMayaRiverMayaover 3 years agoAuthor
Reply to A_Bierce

Thank you for the kind and generous comments, I shall treasure them.

HaydenDLinderHaydenDLinderover 1 year ago

I just saw you posted chapter 3 of this series and realized I have never read it. And now I am so glad I did. Every turn led me farther from the culprit. I loved every piece of this and every time I thought I knew who had done what, you proved me wrong. Wonderful craftsmanship, River. 5 Stars. LOVED IT! and moving on to Ch2!

RiverMayaRiverMayaover 1 year agoAuthor

Reply to HaydenDLinder

Thank you, thank you and thank you! Treasured compliment coming from you. :)

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userRiverMaya@RiverMaya
July 15, 2023 My poem is in the latest issue of Spirit Fire Review: https://www.spiritfirereview.com/post/new-issue-of-spirit-fire-review-1