The Sands of Time

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Jim was gob-smacked! This was sexy. Over the top sexy. Where would she wear a dress like that without attracting all of the wrong sorts of attention? This was not the Elaine he knew. Admitted, she was as sexy as hell and just by looking at her this short while, he could feel his cock doing that familiar wake-up. He was getting a hard-on just looking at her. Michelle sensed this immediately.

"Well, what do you think Jim boy? Does it get the juices flowing? Should I leave you two alone for a while?"

Jim looked at Elaine, taking in her beauty. "That dress looks wonderful on you Lainey, but don't you think it is a bit revealing? Where would you wear it?"

Elaine flicked her head back in a rare show of defiance. She had prepared what to say. "Anywhere I want to Jim. I think it is about time, maybe the last time ever, that I made myself attractive. You have no idea how wearing this dress has made me feel. I feel like a confident woman, not afraid to show off my beauty to any and all. The looks that I got when I wore this dress at the shop were priceless."

Michelle piped in. "She's right you know Jim. Every eye in the shop was on Elaine. That dress really shows her off beautifully. You wouldn't deny her that feeling, would you?"

Jim looked at Michelle with accusing eyes. He knew that the two of them would have been talking about Elaine's recent desires, but for her to impose herself between himself and Elaine was a new scenario. "Michelle, could you leave Elaine and me alone for a few minutes?" Jim stated as politely as his growing anger would allow.

"No Jim!" Elaine almost shouted. "Michelle can stay. She's been a great help and a shoulder to lean on while she has been here. She has helped me deal with some issues from a woman's perspective and I think she deserves to stay."

"Wow!" thought Jim. "This thing has gotten way out of hand." Michelle stayed where she was wearing a very smug look on her face. "OK. If that's what you want Elaine. You know if you wear that particular dress, beautiful as it is on you, you are advertising yourself. Is that what you want? Don't get me wrong. It looks beautiful on you. You know I mean that, right? You have the body to wear it with pride, but the attention that it attracts may not be what you can handle. God, I was excited when I saw you in it."

"There!" piped in Michelle again. "Jim admits it. You look stunning in that dress. Now tell Jim where you intend to wear it. Go on."

Elaine dropped her confident façade at this point. "Umm. Michelle and I ran into Giorgio uptown and he invited us over to his unit this evening. There will be about twenty people there. I said we would go."

"Are you serious?" Jim was flabbergasted. "You are actually going there, wearing that? After all I discussed with you about the type of man I thought he was, and you still want to go there wearing that dress which just screams out, 'Come and get me. Here I am'. I don't believe it. You know I won't stop you. That's not the type of husband I am. But be damned if I'm going to let you go without letting you know what might happen. That man is a predator. I could see it in his eyes. He is out to get whatever he can and be damned the consequences. He is arrogant enough to not give a care in the world about who he hurts in the process. Is that the type of man you want attracted to you? Is that what you want? If you and Michelle go to this, so-called BBQ, then go alone. I will not go with you so that I have to stand by while you parade yourself around, fending off the likes of Mr sleazebag Giorgio."

Jim stood up and left the room. Afterwards, he would chastise himself for the crazy logic he just espoused. He should be going to protect her, not leaving her alone near that predator. He could hear Michelle and Elaine whispering urgently next door. It seemed that Michelle was doing most of the whispering, as if trying to convince Elaine to stay with her decision.

All was quiet for a while, then Elaine came to the room where Jim was. "Jim, you know I love you. There is no doubt about that. I can see how some people would question that, but I know my own feelings. I need to do this. It is not as drastic as you are making out. You know that also. We have discussed this before. If you are worried about me and you are not going, Michelle will be there as well you know. We will look out for each other." She handed Jim a piece of paper. "Here is the address of the unit. Please come!" she pleaded.

"Lainey, if I can't stop you from doing this by showing why it is wrong on all sorts of levels, I certainly am not going to stop you by chaining you to a table. You are a grown woman. One I love dearly. If that is truly what you desire, then I won't get in your way. Now go and get ready for your escapade into the world of sleaze. I won't support you in this. I can't. I love you too much to actually help you down that slippery slide."

"It won't be as bad as that Jim. You'll see." She went to Michelle and they started getting ready.

Jim kept the piece of paper and went for a walk. He needed to clear his head. He had hoped, by talking and gently showing Elaine the perils of her desires, that she would come to her senses and be the old, reliable Elaine. The woman he loved desperately. His heart was torn that she would continue down this road. Surely, she knew what was in store for her. And Michelle! What a piece of work. She knows the sort of life that she convinced Elaine to dip into. Why would she still subtly force Elaine to follow her there. And that bastard Giorgio. Jim was sure that he also had something to do with it.

Jim walked until dark and arrived back at his hotel unit. An empty unit. The two women had gone. Gone to Giorgio's unit. "What will I do?" thought Jim in desperation. Should he have dealt with it another way? Did he give his wife permission to play out? "No, I didn't give her my permission." He thought angrily. "It is not my permission to give. If that is what Elaine decided to do, she did it knowing my feelings loud and clear. I couldn't stop her."

The bottle of wine from the fridge was Jim's only company for the next two hours. He was feeling very buzzy by the time the bottom of the bottle was able to be seen. He had been stewing over the sad situation that whole time and felt an emotion that he very rarely felt ever in his life. Outright anger. With every sip of wine, he became angrier. He knew what he had to do.

The BBQ was in full swing when Jim arrived. The front door was open, so he simply sauntered in. The music was loud, the chatting and laughter was louder. In every corner of the room, there were couples in various stages of intimacy. Some simply talking, some whispering into each other's ears, some laughing hysterically at something, others feeling each other in various places, others trying to devour each other's tongues. This display flowed out onto the veranda as well. It was obvious the this was no BBQ. It reminded Jim of what he had heard about swinger's parties. Jim became more distressed when he realised that Elaine and Michelle were not to be seen. No one paid him the slightest attention, as he wandered around. He soon realised that this unit was a two storey arrangement and climbing the stairs, he saw that there was also a lounge upstairs, flanked by three bedrooms, all with doors open. Jim dreaded what he would find there, but he made his way there anyway.

On one lounge seat, he saw Michelle, heavily engrossed with some man and woman. The woman was kissing Michelle very passionately, while the man had his hands under her skirt and top. He was obviously fingering her while playing with her boobs. She didn't notice Jim at all, until he pushed the woman off Michelle. Michelle's eyes didn't register what happened straight away, but when she did see who interrupted her pleasure, she let out a gasp. Her hands flew to her face, covering her mouth.

"Where's Elaine?" Jim shouted. "Now!"

Michelle timidly pointed to one of the bedrooms. Jim crept in and saw what he dreaded. Elaine was lying on the large king-sized bed, still clothed. Hovering over her was Giorgio, also still dressed. He was about to make a move to kiss Elaine. Again, they were so engrossed in what they were doing that Jim was actually right at the bed before they saw him. The anger that had built up in Jim all night, boiled over. He grabbed Giorgio by his perfectly tied back long hair and yanked him backwards so harshly that Jim thought some hair actually separated from his skull. The cry of pain and surprise from Giorgio was priceless to Jim, but he didn't dwell on that satisfaction. The noise just fed his anger more. He kept up the pressure while he had the advantage. Spinning Giorgio around by the hair, Jim elbowed him in the nose, causing another cry of pain, muffled by the immediate flow of blood from Giorgio's nose.

"Madonna!" screamed Giorgio, deferring to his native Maltese. "I'm going to kill you." He was not used to anyone attacking him. His size usually stopped would-be attackers on the spot. Giorgio was stunned. He grew up his whole life feeling entitled. Being the only child in a country which prided itself on big families, he spent his childhood spoilt, arrogant and rich. He felt that anything he wanted was his. As a young adult, he realised that to get pussy easily, he just needed to target married women. They wanted what he had. He knew he was good looking and could turn on the charm switch at will. This penchant for married pussy was the reason he had to leave Malta. Maltese husbands have a very possessive attitude towards their wives and there were quite a few there who had a vendetta against him.

Giorgio regained his senses long enough to look at this small man daring to attack him. This woman on the bed was his to have if he wanted. And, he did want her. He had spent all night charming her and this grey-haired cuckold was not going to stop him. At this time, Jim knew that he was in trouble. Giorgio was a big man. The element of surprise which allowed Jim to get in the first move was now gone. All Jim had was his anger. Red hot anger.

Giorgio aimed a punch at Jim. It lacked energy, but did stun Jim momentarily. If it wasn't for the adrenalin coursing through his veins, Jim would have been tempted to fall away. He didn't. Giorgio followed up with a kick at Jim, but Jim registered it just in time. Jim turned slightly so that the kick glanced off his upper leg, the strongest muscle in a body and the one which can take the most damage. Jim wasn't finished yet. He aimed his left foot directly at Giorgio's crotch and let fly with the hardest soccer kick he could muster. Jim used to play fullback in his teenage years, so he knew how to put some power into his kicks. This time it wasn't a soccer ball to feel the wrath of his foot.

"You low-down sleazy bastard. You dirty predator! What gives you the right to prey on married women, shithead? You arrogant, filthy bastard." Jim swung his right arm as hard as he could into Giorgio's jaw. Giorgio saw it coming and ducked to the right getting ready to swing his own fist into Jim. What Giorgio didn't know was that Jim was naturally left-handed. The right-armed swing was a feint. Giorgio's own duck out of trouble coupled with Jim's left-handed power punch did the needed damage to Giorgio's face. Jim's punch landed squarely on the right side of Giorgio's face. He fell to the floor. Jim's anger was still raging and Elaine saw the wild look in his eyes. She had never, ever seen this side of Jim. The look of wild rage, almost demented, caused her to cower back to the pillow side of the large bed. Jim looked at her, but seemingly didn't see her. He looked again at Giorgio, lying semi-conscious on the ground. Giorgio's breath was laboured as his nose was probably broken in a number of places. The blood flowing from his broken nose and now, broken front teeth made the whole scene look horrific.

"You've, you've killed him," cried Elaine. She sobbed on the bed, partly out of fear of her husband's anger and partly out of dread for the legal consequences.

"You think I care about that prick?" Jim retorted. His anger was abating, to be replaced by a heavy sadness at what he saw in front of him. Elaine was on a bed with another man, admittedly still dressed, but if Jim had been in later, would that have still been the case? "Is this what you wanted Elaine?" Jim whispered sadly. "I can't stop you from doing what you wanted, but I sure as hell can stop filthy pricks like that preying on married women. I don't think he will be able to do much of that soon, if ever, again." Jim lightly kicked Giorgio again and a wry smile creased his lips. Giorgio grunted when he was again kicked. "He's still alive. I'll have to work harder at my left hand punch."

Jim slowly stood. The adrenaline after shock coupled with the wine he had before coming over was having its effect. He was very weak and struggled to maintain his balance. "I am going back to our unit. I don't know what you want to do. Maybe someone else can take Giorgio's place, if that is what you want. Michelle seems to like it both ways. Maybe you could invite her in as well. I hope your little foray into sleaze was worth it. From where I stand, it looks a pretty mess. Your dress will need pressing by the way."

By this time, the people in the top part of Giorgio's unit had twigged on to what was going on and had quietened down. They parted to let Jim through. One of the women rushed into the bedroom where all of this happened and screamed when she saw the blood and the unconscious Giorgio. Someone would probably have dialled triple 0, but Jim was long gone and at home by the time the paramedics and police arrived. The BBQ was over.

Jim showered and had something to eat. The pain numbing effects of adrenalin had long worn off so he was now feeling the pain in his temple and leg. His left hand also started to swell up as did his left foot. He knew what was coming next. He was sitting calmly at the hotel room's table, sipping on a hot coffee when the police arrived. Jim left the door open, so that there wouldn't be the door pounding followed by the loud shout of, "Police! Open up!" He listened while the policeman, Constable Jones, accompanied by a policewoman, explained the charges and the reason for his arrest. He noted that the policewoman always had her hand on her waist webbing, near where the pistol holster and taser pouch were. He quietly agreed and walked between the two to where their wagon was. The poor hotel receptionist watched on, ashen-faced as the trio progressed through the foyer. The ride in the back of the paddy wagon to the police station only reinforced the utter loneliness that Jim felt at that moment.

He explained to the station detective the reason for his assault on one Mr Giorgio Galea. The detective calmly laid out the logic of law in this case. Yes, there were mitigating circumstances for the attack, but it was still an assault, a serious assault resulting in considerable injuries, which would have to be dealt with in court. Jim would have to stay in the station's watch house until bail was paid if he did indeed wish for bail. The bail would be determined at a preliminary hearing two days from then. The whole situation seemed surreal to Jim. He didn't really grasp the facts of his situation. It was almost in robot mode that he progressed through the process of being put in the watchhouse. The holding cell he was placed in was clean, cold and clinical. There was nothing to do but wait, eat, wait some more and sleep.

The magistrate who presided over the bail hearing was short, sharp and to the point. Jim's court-appointed lawyer outlined the case briefly. Bail was set at ten thousand dollars. Jim also had to undertake to not leave the country until his court appearance. He had to surrender his passport. The walk back to the watchhouse cell was sobering for Jim. He had had time to reflect on his actions and although he was not in a good place legally, his sole thought of comfort was that he had dealt Mr Giorgio what he deserved. He always smiled when he remembered the sight of that sleazebag predator lying on the bedroom floor. However, whatever comfort that thought gave him, the sight of Elaine on the bed with another man tore him apart. He was not a man to tear up too easily, but this thought always brought tears to his eyes and a sob to his throat. "How could she?" he found himself repeating.

The watchhouse supervisor called him out the day after his bail hearing. "Someone paid your bail, so you are free to go. Follow me and we'll get you processed."

"What the hell? Who could have paid his bail? Ten thousand dollars is a lot of money!" he thought. He half expected Elaine to be there waiting for him, and he dreaded the confrontation that was sure to happen.

"Hi Jim." It was Michelle. "Don't you dare speak. I have a lot to say to you and I am sure that you have some choice words for me. Just so you know, I sold my car to get you out. You owe me at least ten minutes of listening and shutting up. Can you handle that?"

Jim nodded, not trusting himself to go the tirade that he so desperately wanted to unleash on this woman. He followed her out to a nearby café, where they sat outside. This conversation could get heated and outside was probably the best place.

Coffee ordered, Michelle started. "Thanks for not bawling me out straight away Jim. Now I mean it when I say I want you to just shut up and listen. You have to promise me."

Once again, Jim nodded.

"First of all, I have to say sorry for what I have caused. I know that 'sorry' is a bit weak. It's only a word, but I mean it. I also know that the whole story can't be landed on my shoulders, but I am mostly to blame for what happened. Elaine was going through a really fragile time Jim. I know you two have discussed her feelings at the time. When she and I spoke about it, I saw a woman desperately wanting something that she has never experienced. She knew it was wrong, but she couldn't shake that need. Think back to your youth. Elaine told me once that you stole your older brother's car keys and took his car for a joyride around the neighbourhood. Is that right?"

Again, Jim's nod.

"You knew it was wrong. You knew that it could lead to very serious consequences. Arrest, damaged car, angry brother, angry parents. You knew all of that. The logic of the act was obvious. But you still did it. Why? I'll tell you. I know because I lived most of my late teenage years doing similar things. Things I knew were wrong, but I did them anyway. You did it because you wanted that thrill. You wanted to experience the forbidden, something that you would probably never experience again. Am I making sense?"

Jim had to admit that Michelle was right. He knew that feeling. He remembered.

"Jim, that is how Elaine was feeling. Just for once, she wanted to experience the forbidden. She wanted the thrill of doing something daring. She has spent her whole life doing the right thing. She has always loved you, loved the kids, loved your marriage. Her whole life was about them, you, never just about her. Call it selfishness, call it whatever you like, but that is how she felt. I know it isn't right. It isn't proper. It isn't what a good wife, a good mother would do. But she did it. And I encouraged her to go with it. For that, I will be forever remorseful. I am in a different situation Jim. I got all of that out of my system before I met the man of my future. I know I went a bit overboard at the party, but the atmosphere got to me. Elaine met the man of her future before she could be a little wild."

Michelle paused and looked at Jim very grimly.

"Are you, Jim? Are you still the man of Elaine's future? You know she loves you and I know you love her. You should have seen the look of pure animal hatred when you saw Giorgio trying to have his way with who, you and I both know, is the love of your life! The intensity of that hatred came directly from the intensity of the love you had and still have for Elaine."