The Scarface I Hated Pt. 04

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
Trambak
Trambak
34 Followers

On my way to School, I thought about the strange human mindset. It was painful to see people turn their back on you who you thought would never do so. Situations dictated the behaviour of humans. Once the difficult times were over, they forgot everything till a new predicament surfaced. I did not blame Imran, he had suffered enough and the sudden appearance of his mother naturally unsettled him. Although I was responsible for the reunion, it would have been too selfish and immature of me to have claimed that. It was a job that I had volunteered and was not forced to do. But, it was Kiana's behaviour that hurt me. She did not speak a word to me since last night. What did I do to deserve such coldness? Where did I go wrong?

Distressed, I reached the School. I remained upset the whole day. Small little mistakes by students irritated me. Finally, the day ended but I did not feel like going back. The place I thought was my home was being snatched away. Still, I returned. Near home, Suresh was waiting for me. He informed me that the three of them had gone to see a movie and the house was locked. He was to take me to the workshop for a couple of hours till they returned. That was the final straw. Had Suresh not been such a nice boy, he would have been in danger of some serious physical damage. Clenching my teeth, I allowed him to take me to the workshop where I had to wait in the reception for two hours (Mr Desai was on leave and his office was locked). At last, Suresh was kind enough to take me back to the house that I wrongly thought to be my home.

As I entered, I found a complete transformation and there was lovely decoration all around. Mr Desai and many others were sitting around and for a moment I thought that I may have entered a wrong house. But Kiana was there in all her enigmatic self. And Imran was there smiling at me. Sumitra too was standing in one corner. What was happening, I did not know. What was I to do? Kiana came forward, kissed me on my forehead and escorted me inside holding my hand. To my great surprise, I found Shubhra Mukherjee (nowadays I called her Shubhradi) sitting on the dining table. She chuckled, "Don't be surprised Meher. Kiana and I are good friends. Actually, Imran invited me and I wouldn't have missed it for anything." I was completely lost so I stopped thinking about explanations.

Kiana pulled me to the centre of the room and started speaking. She spoke with confidence. She had a charming voice that attracted everyone at once. She said, "I wish to say something and I will not get this opportunity again. I have been living away from my son for five years. I had taken this decision because I strongly felt that Imran had deviated from the path that me and my dead husband Indra thought was right. I may have been wrong but at that time it was a decision that I felt was correct. Both of us have gone through very difficult times especially him. Imran has shown a strength of character of which I am proud of. Everyone makes mistakes and to recognize and to correct that is not an easy task."

She paused for a moment, assimilating her thoughts and continued, "But this is not about me or Imran. Today, it is all about Meherunissa, my beloved Meher who has made me feel the strength of love all over again. She has singlehandedly brought us back to life. From death. Had it not been for her, my family would have crumbled to dust. Words of thanks will do no justice because by doing it I will only demean her. Though she is much younger to me, I for one find a mother in her in whom I could put all my faith in." And she stopped.

She looked at me and said, "I am really sorry that we played such a miserable prank on you this morning. It was all Imran's idea. Let me hand over the culprit to you forever. Deal with him as you please. I suggest, severely!"

And she called Imran to her side. He was flashing his stupid smile at me. I looked the other way. Surely, I would deal with him later. I was overwhelmed by the words of Kiana. For a moment, I was feeling that she was talking about someone else. It was so unreal. Apart from my headmistress in my school no one ever had anything good to say about me (except Imran! But he was always saying good things. He could be least counted upon to give an honest opinion).

The evening progressed beautifully. Suresh, Sumitra and Kiana were all happy and effusive. Mr Desai turned out to be a fabulous singer. Even Shubhradi was looking radiant. She and Kiana often snatched a bit of gossip amongst each other. Imran was all over the place entertaining Mr Desai and often looking sheepishly at me, trying to make

up but I was in no mood to let him off the hook so easily. And then there was this fabulous dinner. Most of my favourite food was there although I had no clue about the source of the information.

Fortunately, Kiana, this time spared us the embarrassment by not mentioning the 'lack of food' in her native place (that's where she belonged to, now!).

Everyone departed in a good mood. Mr Desai sang a farewell song and that induced some more chatting. It was an evening that was enormously fulfilling. Shubhradi squeezed my hands gently and gave a reassuring smile. I felt blessed.

Sumitra was happy but I noticed some disinclination in Suresh to leave. I needed to sort that out. I also had to sort out Imran who made my entire day such a wreck. Mother or no mother.

As I entered the bedroom I found him waiting. I had rehearsed my lines that would have made him regret his foolishness. But that brute did not give me a chance and hugged me with such force that I was totally breathless. I struggled but he tightened the grip further and kept at it. Finally, I gave up.

Brute!!

Chapter-17

Early in the morning, Kiana proposed the honeymoon. Imran was sheepish. I was confused and Sumitra was overjoyed.

Kiana looked pointedly at Sumitra and said, "You need not be so happy Sumi. I am talking about these two." Instantly, Sumitra's face assumed the colour of a beetroot.

Kiana looked at me and said in a matter of fact tone, "If you depend on this ass then forget about it. It will never happen. He will talk about expenses and workshop. Of course, you are also not much behind in making up excuses. So, I have arranged something in a nice place, not too far off. Three days and come back because I will have to leave. And please make sure that my son does not pinch pennies on expenses! It's quite possible."

I looked at Imran and said to Kiana, "Maa, I don't know about pennies but your son is so good at playing tricks. He may be thinking that this is another one of them."

Imran looked cross.

Kiana whispered into my ears with her covert suggestion, "Don't talk to him for today. Will serve him right."

I whispered back with picture-perfect annoyance, "I am not talking to him for a year."

Kiana was back into my ears, pleading, "No darling, only for today. Tomorrow you are off on your honeymoon. Please be nice to him there. Your husband's poor mother is requesting." And she made a poker face. I had to laugh aloud.

Kiana was such a joker albeit a brainy one.

"Where are you forcing me to go?" Imran asked morosely, irritated at the treatment he was being bestowed upon.

Kiana replied at once, "Netarhat".

Imran gave a start and looked up. Kiana patted his hand and nodded her head.

So, it was settled. For background information, Kiana had already got my leave sanctioned by Shubhradi yesterday. Only Imran needed to tie loose ends at his workshop. Suresh was driving us there and a lodge had been booked. At Netarhat, District-Palamu, State-Bihar.

Now the drama was only awaiting the shout 'light and action'!

But why did Imran get surprised when he heard 'Netarhat'?

Meanwhile, Suresh and Sumitra were having one of their endless discussions near the kitchen away from us. It appeared to me as if she was trying to drill something into his head and Suresh, the poor fellow was in great discomfort. As far as I was concerned, I was warming up to the idea of this trip. Somehow, the place Netarhat was pulling me towards it. The name had an intoxicating feel to it and I was raring to go.

Imran was out on one of his endless errands. He was missing for the entire morning and returned only during lunch. I needed to talk to him about our impending trip. He completely ignored me, concentrated on his lunch and then came to the bedroom. I asked sarcastically, "Can I take some of your precious time?" He looked blankly at me and I had to repeat myself. He walked dreamily to me and as if suddenly remembered something said, "No, no. I am very busy. Got to go now. Immediately. Later, in the evening, we will talk, okay?" He pinched both my cheeks (I hate that!) and lay down on the bed and started snoring almost at once. I kept standing foolishly. It was silly of me to talk to him. Ungrateful devil.

For a moment, I had the intense urge to yank him out of the bed. I was sure that he was only pretending to be asleep. Then, I recalled the awkward situation I had faced only a few days back and therefore, I refrained.

Kiana and Sumitra were waiting for me and I joined them. I angrily mentioned about Imran's behaviour. Kiana took one slanted look at me through her spectacles and said aloud to no one in particular as to how youngsters should heed the advice of elders. Sumitra was looking elsewhere trying to suppress a laughter and in the process distorting her face. It was so annoying. Honestly.

To retaliate, I probingly looked at Kiana and commented a bit severely that whether it was advisable for a young lady to go out for three days with a devious man such as Imran simply because his mother was insisting. It could be dangerous. Undaunted, Kiana added that it was indeed dangerous because the driver named Suresh had suddenly been found indisposed and Imran would have to drive himself and poor Meherunissa would be alone with the monster. This was news to me and one look at Sumitra confirmed her contribution to this malpractice. That's precisely what was being discussed in the morning between the two of them. My scorching look made her squirm but Kiana took over and said with mock humility that it was criminal to allow a third person to butt in the affairs of a newlywed couple and I should accept the changes in the plan with grace if not glee.

It was impossible to win against these two (rather three, Imran included) scheming characters.

Despite such all-around treachery, I suddenly felt distraught as to how would life be once Kiana left. I could not even imagine it and I decided to forgive her antics. We had lunch quietly and as we were finishing Imran breezed in and left murmuring something about 'lots of things to do' and 'will try to come back as soon as possible'. And that's that.

We chit chatted and I tried to obtain some information about Netarhat but nothing was forthcoming from Kiana except that 'all will be revealed in due course' kind of approach. By now, I could understand her nature and did not make any smart comments. On the other hand, Sumitra had started adoring Kiana and was so impressed that for a moment I thought that she would physically prevent Kiana from leaving. But, I knew that beneath the milder exterior lay the strong and impenetrable woman ravaged by life.

I was finally pushed by both to pack my bags and that was easily accomplished. But I had no clue what to pack for Imran. Sumitra volunteered but Kiana stopped her from doing so. She declared loftily that it was high time that the menfolk did their own packing. She was such a darling but Sumitra was disappointed. But she was so overawed by Kiana that she dared not contradict her. She looked at me pleadingly but I too wasn't in a position to oppose her. So, the matter had to rest there.

After some time, Kiana caught me by the hand and silently motioned me to come with her. Sumitra was arranging the clothes of Imran on the bed. She had also kept a bag nearby for ready help. She was methodically placing things for him. Kiana signalled me to move away and we returned to the living room.

Kiana said in a low tone, "Meher, Sumitra has made Imran so very dependent on her. This needs to be corrected. Don't you think so?"

I thought for a while and agreed. I put my arm around her shoulder and said, "Maa, Sumitra owes her life to Imran and her devotion to him is beyond question. No one can replace her in this family. She will feel insecure if I say anything and even Imran will feel bad. I cannot let that happen."

Kiana kept staring at me, trying to decipher what I just said and then ruffled my hairs and said with a twinkle in her eyes, "Why are you so worried? What's Sumitra to you?"

I smiled at this odd question but by now the reply was known to me, "Maa, Sumitra is the saviour who preserved Imran for me." And after a pause added, "and for you. And we both must never forget that!"

I never saw her turn so emotional. She said, "Meher, I have a small gold trinket, my last remembrance of Indra. I had brought that for you. But, maybe we owe that to Sumitra as our humble gratitude. Can I, Meher?"

Even I became emotional, I could only whisper, "Yes, you must". I said. "Though we can never repay our debts."

Kiana's face glowed with happiness. She kissed me tenderly on the forehead and brought out a small box that held her last valuable possession. She pulled me along to the room and faced Sumitra. She was surprised being caught red-handed for doing something for which there was a prohibition order. She looked down, fidgeting in silence. Kiana was not a woman to waste words. She took out the thin chain with a minute pendant and put it around her neck and hugged Sumitra tightly.

Sumitra openly cried, Kiana, nuzzled her nose in Sumitra's hair, trying her best not to be weak. My eyes were wet. I was surprised at my own capacity to cry. In the last few days, I had allowed my tears to flow often. Was I transforming into a warmer person, I wondered!

The price of that thin chain was beyond any market value. It was a living witness to the difficult times and the love of Indra for his wife. His wife, in turn, devoted her entire life to that great remembrance. For a normal onlooker, the emotions that were expressed for that tiny bit of ornament would have appeared absurd but for Kiana and Sumitra, it was a defining moment. It was a crucial responsibility that was being transferred from one to another. From one great to another. And I was the witness to that.

Perhaps, unknown to all of us that single piece of cheap jewellery somehow designed our future. Of responsibilities and eventual sufferings.

The next two hours passed in a sombre mood. Even Kiana appeared to be in deep thought and so was I. However, it was Sumitra who was affected the most. For her, it was a test by fire that she had passed with flying colours. She was not only accepted into the family but was accorded a status of great importance.

I suddenly had a bizarre thought. Was Kiana actually preparing to dissociate herself from the family for a final goodbye? It was possible. I could ponder over it but could I change it?

Kiana could be predictably unpredictable! And her decisions were usually irrevocable.

Slowly, we all returned to normalcy and Kiana seamlessly reverted to her funny quirky self. As usual, Sumitra was the sole recipient of her funny pokes. She continually fell into traps one after another till she wept, out of sheer frustration. I was careful and avoided them.

Kiana thoroughly enjoyed. Sometimes I had serious doubts about her sanity.

Imran returned in the evening. He looked shattered.

End of Pt 04

Trambak
Trambak
34 Followers
12