All Comments on 'The Second Booth at Horseshoe Diner'

by CaffeineFetish

Sort by:
  • 40 Comments
FumblingGazeFumblingGazeabout 4 years ago
Better and better

Every part of this series is somehow better than the last, unreservedly five stars.

Not sure how I feel about Jenn arranging that bit of eavesdropping, or how Chase would feel about it, but I'm liking that relationship.

Little pet peeve, lots of "I am" and "did not" in internal narratives instead of contractions makes my brain stutter when reading.

JayDiverJayDiveralmost 4 years ago

Sherlock,

... Shades of Sir Arthur Conan Doyle. I really respect an author who can maintain a plot that convoluted and yet concise. Thanks for the story, 5's

Lector77Lector77almost 4 years ago
Very well done

The writer is talented. The story is interesting. The characters are well developed, with both attractive characteristics and flaws—real humans. This piece earmed the 5 I recorded, and would have received a higher score yet if that were permitted.

Now for a minor nit. It could have been better with more careful editing. As stated, that is a very small objection. Overall, it is excellant writing.

AxelottoAxelottoalmost 4 years ago
Just another completely engrossing story full of interesting characters.

I saw this first thing this morning and thought, i'll open it up and get some coffee. I couldn't stop reading this. Now I'm cranky and caffeine deprived WELL DONE! Thank you! What a great ride. Really looking forward to the next one,

Axelotto

fromindiafromindiaalmost 4 years ago
I m still thrusty.....

Shame that you only wrote 10pages. And killed Merlene so easily. It started from 1 went upto 12 (on the scale of 10) and then just wtf happened. You got bored or what? Yeah I am bitchinnn. Why not? I wanted more and can't wait. Great work. Hope you keep writing this fantastic series. Thanks for your creative writing abilities.good luck and wish you best health.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
Woooow!

Great write up....Amazing story

The last part got me in suspense like what the f*** just happened

I wanted Marlene to suffer agonizingly...is she dead or wounded?

Who's behind the hit?...only time will tell

Fingers crossed...

Keep it up though

.......****.......

U need a great editor,sometimes I get confused about who's talking to who...makes it a kind of a headache to read through sometimes

Apart from that ur great

Thanks for sharing ur knowledge with us...

tangledweedtangledweedalmost 4 years ago

As a fan of the crime/detective/mystery genre in general, I feel that this series is outstanding. The world that CaffeineFetish has created has some compelling ongoing characters and plot lines that feel like the author has either done proper research or knows what he is writing about. This is certainly something that could work in a book, movie or series format with the right handling.

These stories started strong with plot and character and are just getting better in terms of final quality, which I assume are due to both the editing and the author's own commitment. I am definitely hooked.

FljimFljimalmost 4 years ago
Damn

Becoming my favorite author. Can't wait for next episode.

tomtrahtomtrahalmost 4 years ago

thanks again for a great story and telling it catchingly

technicalities are thoroughly believable, and so is the whole setup

your characterisations work beautifully, and you switch easily from male to female voices, from one personality to another ... i'm a fan !!

if i may say, FumblingGaze has a point ... too much i do, i make, i did, which does not help with authenticity, but fogs the reading : involving the reader without that, the writing may well gain in elegance and the reader will be happy (that said, you may want to make that a trait proper with one singular character who is a bit full of him/herself ?)

gordyygordyyalmost 4 years ago
Really a great story here.

A very nice read just enough erotica to keep it interesting.

Overall a very solid 5.

I am anxiously awaiting more!

charlie48charlie48almost 4 years ago
Thank you, now a long wait.

Another superb story, again all stopped till it was read.

What will happen next? I agree with other comments, editing is important but ....so is the next episode.

A long wait is either next day or say an hour, please be speedy and take pity on all your addicts.

lastman416lastman416almost 4 years ago
Fantastic Read

I almost forgot the comments I want to make on my mental list due to that incredible final scene! Nice work. It really unexpectedly changed where I thought the longer story was going.

The two comments that I still remember are:

1) I’m very interested in the plot string involving Jesse. He’s been a fun character to watch grow up.

2) I liked the scene near the end in the crime lab’s break room where you summed up the whodunnit. It really helped with the big picture for a story with a lot of moving parts, although I enjoyed experiencing each reveal along with the characters, especially SLVRLK.

Also, I was wondering about the significance of the story’s title. I was imagining something very different involving the veteran reporter than where the story went.

All in all, well done.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
Nonononononono pppllleeeaaassseee FINNISH!!!!!!!!!!

Please Finnish soon

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago

How old is Jesse meant to be now? was 6 then there was a 7yr jump but I feel he is older than 13/14 now right?

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
Didn’t see that coming!

5 across the board for the entire series.

tompo296tompo296almost 4 years ago

Bloody Hell, I was hoping that Chase was going to actually go through with being able to nail Ms Black. but that last sentence you sneaky person [trying to remain polite].

Thank you for your growing storyline from 'Jill, the free spirit' in 'The Criminal Affair' and her journey to 'Midge, the Lesbian' and her journey to becoming a mum, not forgetting the spinoff stories along the way.

An excellent series of gripping stories.

Thank You

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Fantastic

Really , really cool 👌. 5 stars stuff , you are a great story teller . Let’s get this finished , though.....the wait , oh, the wait !

cf12cf12over 3 years ago

Holy shit. Great stories and great cliffhanger

pottsyrcpottsyrcover 3 years ago

Great!!!! Had an inkling this was coming. Love it. On to the next installment. Keep them coming.

BuzzCzarBuzzCzarover 3 years ago

It's 11:30 PM on a Sunday night, Monday is almost upon us, and you left me with that cliffhanger. That's just downright mean. Great storytelling.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Sweet!

Damn, you’re good. This story adds character development and the plot resolves. Then the wild ending! Leaves me wondering if Marlene was shot by someone she was criminally involved with or if it was revenge. The former seems more likely but I’ll have to wait and see, won’t I?

WhoGivesAShitWhoGivesAShitover 3 years ago

Damn, these stories are good! Great job with the names, I was immediately laughing at Sailor-Boatman-deck line. Bobby Mercer fit right in.

The hard part is that the stories are compelling reading, hard to stop. I find myself setting down my iPad around 1:30 am on weeknights.i

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

I love this author! I've read all the criminal stories yesterday and this morning. Loved it.

immagetitimmagetitabout 3 years ago
When is the next one coming up?

Thank you very much for writing this!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

good mystery, but I had some difficulty positioning all the characters and the timeframes

dbrok1dbrok1almost 3 years ago

Yet again a totally enjoyable and well written story that engages. I bow to your ability sir!

Once again thank you. Please persist!

hectarehectareover 2 years ago

I've started at the beginning and have gotten this far. Great writing and no missteps. This better than anything I've seen recently on Netflix or Prime. It would be great if one of them picked you up. On the other hand reading is better than watching.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Sooooo good! Really, really good to the last sentence, but I want MORE!!! Your fault. You spoiled me, us, your fans.

5+++++++stars!

More power to you and be safe always.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Oh my, these stories just get better and better.

PurplefizzPurplefizzalmost 2 years ago

Goddamn it, just get to the end of one story and you open the door on another??

This is like Russian Dolls, open one, find another….and another….etc.

Seriously tho, top marks, all your stories from CA1 are 5⭐️, great writing, great characters and a pounding incessant storyline, regardless of whose VP we’re reading about. You really should be paid to do this, if you aren’t already that is. So many thanks for writing and posting, best wishes and cheers, Ppfzz.

P.S. Going to that doll you just opened right now. 😉

oldpantythiefoldpantythiefover 1 year ago

A truly great story, as are all the others in this series. Had a few times that I almost had to get the Kleenex out, but I don't mind it one bit. The sex is nice yet not so much as to be repetitive and boring. Nice to finally learn about Chase's Mother and Sister. Hope he can reconcile with his Sis.

A shot from down the block, hmmmm? Seems like someone might have a grudge to settle with Marlene. Got to be one of her accomplices looking to settle the score. Guess I'll just have to keep reading. Thank and five stars.

oldmanbill69oldmanbill69over 1 year ago

I agree with the other comments, GREAT stories!

dgfergiedgfergieabout 1 year ago

Wow Marlene gets bumped off before she goes on trial. All the cops find bad police work sent four innocent men to jail for years. Great story and writing. Time for bed folks. 5 stars.

kameljockeykameljockey12 months ago

If I click the 5 star 3 times is that a 15??

AnonymousAnonymous12 months ago

Another great story! Glad to see you’re cutting back on the sex scenes. You so much more than a stroke storyteller. Please keep writing. Panther fan.

BuzzCzarBuzzCzar9 months ago

Re-read. One of the advantages of being ancient is that I don't remember the story until I am reading and it slowly comes back as I read. Extremely well done.

GreWulfGreWulf7 months ago

Like Marlene,I didn't see that coming.

anchorman021anchorman0214 months ago

many characters in the series, with insufficient reference to easily allow the reader to connect the dots ... this does not help the plot, it simply makes reading difficult ... still a solid four as a series

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

Great story! I wonder who killed Marlene.

My only comment is that it's hard to keep track which day it is. The date doesn't really help because I don't remember the date of the previous section. Maybe adding relative dates like "same day" and "two days later" would help.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userCaffeineFetish@CaffeineFetish
ANNOUNCEMENT: I've just published the first book of the Chase Kramner series on Amazon Kindle. The Sorority is available under the title "The Last Snowman" under the author Joshua Wise. Get yourself a digital copy and leave an honest review. The Last Snowman https://a.co/d/3...

READ MORE OF THIS SERIES

SIMILAR Stories