The Second Chance Ch. 07

Story Info
Jean Sutton makes her debut.
9.7k words
4.49
3.5k
6

Part 5 of the 11 part series

Updated 12/06/2023
Created 03/21/2023
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

This is the seventh chapter of my first original loving wife story. I am grateful for those of you who have kept up with me to this point. I never intended it to go on so long, however, as many other authors have said the story "takes on a life of its own."I hope to resolve the problems and issues that Anne encountered in a way that is satisfactory to my readers. So, if my story is not yet complete and you have any ideas for how it ends it is not too late to influence the author because I read all the comments and I will endeavor to incorporate those ideas that I find interesting, or which make the story more enjoyable. Even if I have finished the story by the time you read it, if you have an idea, I might create alternative endings, or better yet allow the readers to write their own version. Please leave any constructive comments, so that I might use them to improve my writing skills. Do not forget to vote on my performance at the end of this chapter.

As I have mentioned before, I would love to have an editor to assist me with revisions and plot development. However, no one has been forthcoming so far. So, I am relying on feedback from my readers.

In this chapter I focus on setting the stage to investigate the conspiracy against Anne O'Callaghan and I describe her first attempt to was communicate with her estranged husband as Jean Sutton. I spent a few weeks revising the chapter to try to make it clear and concise and hopefully not boring.

For those of you looking for sex, I could not think of a way to include hot sex in the chapter. Anne is a beautiful woman who certainly is propositioned enough but to be fair to those looking for hot sexual scenes I feel compelled to disclose the lack of it before they read on only to be disappointed.

Please note that the usual disclaimers apply. There are no minors depicted as having sex in any part of the story, and the story is complete fiction. None of the characters are based on anyone in real life.

Chapter 7 The Second Chance: Jean Sutton Makes Her Debut.

It was so nice to be back in New York and walking around Lincoln Center. It was one of those amazing summer days late in August in New York with the humidity low and just a clear blue sky. I could see the skyscrapers, crisp and sharp in the sunlight, and the temperature was warm and comfortable. The piazza was filled with tourists and the central fountain was surrounded by diverse racial and ethnic groups of people taking pictures.

I kept thinking about what Dr. Lambert told me, that Robert owed me an explanation for why he cheated on me, and I intended to get one from Robert and also get some measure of revenge on those two jerks that screwed up my life. My plan was to try to befriend Jake and then use his friendship to find a way to talk to Robert again as Jean Sutton. Hopefully, I would find out exactly how they had set me up and acquire evidence to prove to Robert that I was innocent of betraying him.

Lincoln Center was only a short walk from the high school where Jake taught gym. Classes had not begun yet and I knew that Jake would have free time so he would take advantage of the beautiful weather to go for a stroll. He fancied the symphony, and he told me that sometimes after lunch, he liked to take a walk to Lincoln Center, look at the hallway in the Philharmonic, to see what performances were scheduled, and then have his coffee around the fountain in the center of the plaza. I was wearing expensive clothing that I had purchased at Neiman Marcus to impress him. I wore a casual Versace colorful Baroque print mini dress with high heels and had my hair shoulder length and straighter. I knew I looked good in it, and the dress made me feel much more confident that I could attract the attention of any man.

Before I looked for him, I had taken off my wedding ring. While doing so

I had a strange feeling, a déjà vu, that I remembered doing this before. Then I feared that I may never put it back on again. Naturally, taking off my wedding band brought me more male attention than before. I was keenly aware now, how much I attracted the opposite sex and while I still felt jittery around men, the behavioral training, Dr. Lambert put me through seemed to have eased my nerves and reduce my hyper-vigilance around strange men.

I had confidence that I would be able to get Jake to take me out. My changed appearance, as some kind of supermodel, still hard to get used to, bolstered my ego and increased my confidence. I tried not to let my beauty go to my head. However, the continuous compliments and attention I received gave me the impression that I could get a man to do anything that I asked him to do. You just know your good looks will always cause people to give you the benefit of the doubt.

I tried to be disinterested and not look anyone in the eyes, but I could never go anywhere these days without being noticed. While walking around Lincoln Center, I had to fend off two young men who approached me and tried to strike up a conversation. One group of college students from NYU even asked if they could take a picture with me. They assumed I must have been a model or a performer yet, even when I told them that I was not anyone famous they all asked to take a picture with me anyway.

When I was just about to give up hope of running into Jake, I spotted him walking around the opera house. I immediately walked near him in the same general vicinity. To say he noticed me would be an understatement of the year. His eyes practically popped out of his head. As I walked past him, I smiled at him. Jake almost jumped out of my way and just grinned back at me but never said a word.

Jake is shy, really shy with woman, until he gets to know them. You would think that a tall handsome man would be bold and outgoing especially a man who in high school was a football quarterback. But Jake was boring and selfish as a lover. I think as more of his relationships crashed, he got more reluctant to talk to girls. He started developing an interest in going to see classical music and theater after he became friends with Robert. My husband wanted him to foster an interest in music, instead of just sports, so as to try to enrich his life and become more interesting to others, especially women. so, when they went together to Jake's first concert, Jake not only enjoyed it, but he loved it. He began to read about classical music and listen to it at home, and in his office at school. he would often go to the Philharmonic, the opera, the ballet, and Broadway theater on his own.

I forgot just how embarrassed Jake was around women and my new appearance made me seem beautiful and sophisticated, and out of his league. I decided that I needed to be more assertive. I stopped and turned around looking right at him.

"Excuse me sir, do you know where I can find the ticket counter for the Philharmonic?" I said in my sweetest voice.

Jake looked like I had just pointed a gun at him. God this guy was a loser when it came to picking up women.

He stammered... Miss... It is that building. Just, er walk through the glass doors of Avery Fisher Hall right there and go down the escalator."

Then the dork turned away as if to leave. I was giving him an opportunity, but he was not biting. I quickly said to him while tapping his arm," Would you mind showing me the way if you are not too busy.

After touching him, he seemed to relax a bit and it became easier to talk with him. On the way to the ticket office, I spotted a poster.

"Oh Look, Cho-Liang Lin is playing. He is my favorite violinist. He is playing Mendelssohn Violin concerto in E minor. It sounds like a good concert to see."

"That's a fabulous violin concerto, Mendelson started with the first movement fast and passionate. It always conjures up images of fields and meadows in my mind. but then unlike other composers, the violin plays all by itself in a very provocative way." Jake responded.

We started talking about the symphony and everything that I knew Jake liked. I introduced myself as Jean Sutton, the nurse who lives in Westchester and told him that I loved the city and was looking for work in Manhattan. After a few minutes, Jake invited me to have a coffee with him at a nearby coffee shop. I asked him why he loved classical music.

"You really love the philharmonic, don't you Jake?"

"Jean, I love Classical music. I find it to be incredibly emotive and captivating. The music inspires me and elevates my mood." He said.

"Yes, I understand what you mean. The beauty and complexity of a whole orchestra can be very inspirational. We are lucky to be in a big city like New York where the experience, the skill and talent of the musicians is world class," I responded.

"Yes, it's true and I am surprised more people don't take advantage of the available concerts. You pay more for the upper bleachers of a Yankee game than orchestra philharmonic seats." He mused.

Then, he asked me,"So Jean, do you come here often?"

"Not as often as before because my boyfriend used to take me, but he left me." I said, thinking of my husband.

"Oh, I am sorry to hear that. I can't imagine how anyone would let go of you," he said truthfully.

He went on, "I see almost every new concert and I also enjoy the theater shows. I often go alone but I prefer going with a friend. Do you like musicals Jean?" he asked enthusiastically.

"Of course, I do." I answered.

"Perhaps you would like to go sometime with me?" he asked cautiously.

"Why certainly, I would love to."

Jack smiled from ear to ear when I said that I would be willing to go out with him. During our discussion over coffee, he brought up the topic of my employment in New York City.

"Jean, you might like to talk to my friend Dr. Robert Savino. I am sure he can help you find a position in his hospital. He works out of Columbia Presbyterian, "said Jake to try to impress me.

My heart was beating so fast when Jake asked me to meet Robert. Suddenly, it hit me that it was going to happen. My mind became flooded with many doubts. Could I get close enough to Robert to make him listen to what happened to me? How could I approach him as a stranger and talk about something so personal. With all these doubts swimming around my head, I was beginning to lose my nerve. But I remembered Dr. Lambert's advice to keep my mind in the present to reduce stress and anxiety.

"Oh, that would be wonderful. Do you think you could introduce me?"

"Of course, I was going to meet with him tonight for a few drinks before dinner. Then usually his girlfriend meets him there for dinner at the same restaurant. Maybe you'd like to come with me, and we could all have dinner together?"

I quickly accepted his date request. I could tell Jake was happy as a clam to land a date with me. In fact, he was so happy that before he even realized it, he was half an hour late to go back to school.

"Oh my God, look at the time! I must go, "he said hurriedly. We agreed to meet at the same spot Roosevelts, where Robert and I used to meet Stacy and Jake when they were an item, and I was still Robert's loving wife.

Afterwards Jake went back to work, and I went to visit Jessica and Dave to enjoy helping take care of my niece and tell Jessica the good news that Jake hadn't recognized me. Little Antoinette was crying when I got there. I took the baby off Jessica 's hands and cradled her in my arms. She had just drunk a bottle of her mother's milk and Jessica said she had not slept much all day. I knew her baby was tired and just by cradling her and rocking her she soon fell asleep. She already weighed 12 pounds and gained so much weight since she was born. She looked like an angel, and I laid her down in her crib in the living room. Then Jessica and I sat down to talk.

"God, Jessica! I cannot believe my luck. Not only did Jake not recognize me but he asked me to come with him on a date with Stacy and Robert!"

"Wow Anne, this is fabulous! So how are you going to manage the situation? Stacy will be guarding Robert like a hawk and Jake will not waste any time making the moves on you. And, to make matters worse you must be careful about not revealing that you know all about them. One slip could blow the whole thing!"

"I need to try, Jessica, I've been thinking a lot about Robert lately. I miss him so much, and I can't help but wonder if I should try to win him back. He's been such a good husband and is an amazing doctor. We had a wonderful life together, and it's heartbreaking to see it all fall apart."

"Anne, I know what happened with Stacy and Robert must be incredibly painful and confusing for you. In this situation, I think it's important to focus on your own healing and well-being. Honestly, if it doesn't work out for you and Robert, it won't be the end of the world. You don't have any children and you are a very attractive woman who could date someone very desirable if you wanted to. Quite frankly, Dave says you're hot and he already can think of 6 handsome eligible, well to do bachelor friends who would fight tooth and nail just to get a chance to date you. You deserve someone who appreciates and supports you unconditionally." She told me sincerely.

"Jessica. I know that you have my own interests at heart. I also know that this path that I have chosen won't be an easy journey, and there are no guarantees. But I love Robert deeply, and I believe our relationship is worth fighting for."

"Anne, I understand how difficult this situation must be for you. It's clear that you still have strong feelings for Robert, and it's natural to consider trying to reconcile. But have you thought about what he saw you do? Will he believe you when you say it was the drug and that you didn't really want to do it? Even if he does believe you can he ever get the mental images of you having sex with three men out of his mind?"

"I know Robert is deeply hurt and he can't trust me right now. He is afraid of what he saw and how it ripped him apart. But I know that he loves me and maybe with couples counseling or therapy, we could navigate through this difficult situation. Dr. Lambert has offered to help us get through this process if I am able to get Robert to agree." I said to Jessica resolutely although I knew that there were many hurdles yet to overcome.

"And what about his cheating on you? Do you even want him back? Was it a revenge fuck? You don't even know. Well, if it was it had to be for the girl's night out mistake. Someone must have told him what happened. But then he screws another woman before he confronts you to hear your side of the story?"

"Jess, I discussed this with Dr. Lambert, and he thinks that, more than likely, Robert was tricked into doing it because he was drugged as well, but with a different drug perhaps Rhohypnol or a similar hypnotic."

"Wow Anne I see that you really do love him because despite how he has treated you, despite shutting you out of his life, despite his making love with another woman, you have not given up on him. Instead, you defend him. I don't know if I could be so patient and understanding with Dave if I saw him naked with a girl riding his cock. I just wish Robert could extend you that same unconditional love that you have for him."

"Jessica, don't you think I haven't thought of that? Maybe my love for him was stronger than his love for me? But he saw me with three other men simultaneously, that's more than a one-time mistake."

"Anne, you saw him screwing another woman, even before you did what you did," retorted Jessica.

As I relived those intense moments and Jessica's words made me waiver in my resolve, tears started forming in my eyes. Jessica looked at me regretting that she had brought up Robert's cheating.

She spoke again in a more conciliatory tone, "Then again, Robert is a smart doctor. Maybe now that some time has passed, he could analyze what happened more dispassionately and see things differently through the objective lens of a professional doctor and not as a wounded husband. Maybe there is another explanation for his cheating. But remember Anne that true love and happiness shouldn't come at the cost of your own self-worth and emotional well-being."

So that brings my story to the beginning where I was getting ready to go on a double date with my husband and the people who conspired to break up my marriage. My therapy had helped me to process my emotions, and I had gained clarity, and built resilience. I was determined to get Robert back.

I wore the hottest outfit I had that would be revealing of my new body without being too fancy or too slutty. I knew just the things Robert liked to see the women wear. It was a blue light cotton dress with long sleeves but deep cleavage in the front in a V shape that showed just enough to be seductive but not slutty. The dress was one piece with silver buttons that gave it a uniform look of some formality. The hem was mid-thigh showing my tight legs covered in dark blue-black stockings and my feet were wearing silver sandals. There was a large belt with two silver O's overlapping in the front that pulled around my thin waist. The dress could fit either a formal or a casual date.

My hair was tied in a bun behind my head, so my high cheek bones were emphasized as well as my deep blue eyes. I looked under my chin to study my scars. Their appearance was fading away just as Doctor Fine had said they would. I used the base judiciously to cover up my scars. Then I applied blush to accentuate my cheekbones. My full lips had a coating of Ester Lauder sculpted gloss. I went easy on the eye liner and lashes just bringing out my mystery look. I applied a little blush and voilà! A seductress was born.

Roosevelts was not too crowded but even so I was getting looks. A man in his mid thirties, a bit tipsy came up to me to ask me to have a drink. Thank God Donald the bouncer who I had known for years and who was happily married with 5 kids shoed him away with a dirty look.

"I'm sorry miss, I'm Donald and I'm here to keep order. We usually have a genuinely nice crowd here Miss. It is just that Arnold is recently divorced and has had a bit too much to drink. I will make sure that he leaves you alone. If you permit me to say Miss, I can understand why he wants to get to know you. You are an incredibly beautiful woman!" He said demurely.

"Thank you, Donald. I am Jane Sutton, and I was looking for my friend Jake. Do you know where they are? He is with the good doctor Savino."

"Oh, my that Jake is a lucky bastard. I did not think he had it in him to have such an attractive girl!"

"Now Donald, don't forget you're a happily married man and shouldn't flirt with the customers!" I said teasing him while looking at his wedding ring.

His face turned pink with embarrassment as he ushered me to the table where my heart began to beat hard as I saw Robert sitting next to Stacy facing me against the wall on a round table and Jake sitting in a chair with his back to me.

After nearly a year my husband appeared different than I expected. Robert's once vibrant dark hair had a slight hint of salt and pepper, adding a distinguished touch to his features. It pained me to think that it reflected months of anguish. His typically intense and focused dark brown eyes now bore a subtle shadow of weariness, reflecting the emotional journey he had endured since our separation. The spark that once ignited those eyes seems dimmer, as if it had weathered the storms of heartbreak and betrayal.

My husband's once well-groomed appearance had taken on a more casual and relaxed feel. His attire, while still refined, had lost some of its sharpness, perhaps indicative of a shift in his priorities. The tailored suits and polished shoes have been replaced with more comfortable and laid-back clothing, emphasizing a newfound freedom and an attitude that took life less seriously than before.