The Second Chance Ch. 07

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

I laughed, "Yeah right. I am content to be a nurse. What about your job other than a fan of music. I imagine teaching gym and coaching sports takes up a lot of your time. How do you like it?"

Jake took another sip of his wine before answering. "I really enjoy it. It's rewarding to see my students improve their skills and become more confident in themselves."

Anne nodded. "I can imagine. As a nurse, I also get to help people in different ways, although it can be challenging at times."

"I really admire what you do for people in need. I could never imagine what perseverance you need to do what you do."

"Well, if you are good in your job and professional whether your patient is doing well or not, their gratitude and that of their families makes you feel on top of the world."

We both sipped on wine and I was thinking of how to change the topic of conversation back to Robert.

"I really enjoyed the show tonight, Jake. Thank you for inviting me."

"It was fun Jean thank you for coming with me. You know Jean, I like to teach gym, but I also started directing the high school students in the annual play, "he said trying to impress me as he was filling my wine glass from the bottle.

"Why that is great. Good for you to spend time after your work hours to teach the students drama." I extolled him.

Of course, he wanted me to drink a lot thinking it would make me a little less inhibited. So, I guess I was a little tipsy as we discussed inconsequential things. I was in a good mood. Jake had changed since high school. He was a more interesting character than before. Robert's influence had done him some good. He could carry a conversation on something, other than sports, drinking and sex. I was enjoying our conversation, and I was feeling the effects of the wine giving me a warm, cozy, feeling.

As we talked I studied his features. There's no doubt that he was sexy. Looking at him across from me at the table in the candlelight in the dark room, Jake's face appeared composed and with well-defined features. There was a hint of a smile playing on his lips. The subtle glow from the flickering candlelight accentuated his sharp jawline and expressive eyes. Jake's shoulders are broad, conveying strength and confidence. As my gaze drifted downward, I noticed his torso, which exuded a lean and toned physique, suggesting a dedication to fitness.

The waiter came and asked if we wanted to order another glass. It brought me back to reality. I was letting myself get too wrapped up in the moment. I remembered how in high school I was initially attracted to Jake's physique, but I also remembered how selfish he was caring more for his own pleasure than my happiness. I did not want to get taken in by his charms again. I wasn't here to date Jake. I was here for a purpose, and I needed to fulfill that purpose.

So, when I thought he was in a good mood, I turned the conversation to ask about Robert and Anne.

"Jake, Dr. Savino seems sad about breaking up with his wife. Can't they do marriage counseling or something?"

"No Stacy made sure Robert wouldn't take her back." He blurted out without thinking.

"What do you mean? What did she have to do with it?"

"Let's just say Stacy really wants Robert and when she wants something she is ruthless!" He spoke already regretting what he said.

"Stacy seems like a nice girl to me!" I said innocently.

"Oh no do not get me wrong. Stacy is genuinely concerned about Robert's welfare. All she did was to get Robert to see what a slut Anne was." He said pretending that Stacy was only interested in Rob's happiness.

"So, what did she do?" I asked probing him.

"Well, if you must know, Stacy just gave Anne the opportunity to cheat at her party so Robert could see for himself what kind of girl he married. Stacy was only protecting Robert from an unhappy marriage." He explained trying to recover from revealing the truth, or he half believed it. Who knows what Stacy might have told him? It did not matter to me.

"How did she set her up? You can tell me! I am not going to tell anyone! Give me the juicy details!" I pleaded with my most seductive face putting my finger across against my luscious lips as if to show that I was not going to tell anyone.

Jake's resolve to keep it secret melted away.

"Well, if you promise to keep a secret!"

"Scouts honor!" I said with my fingers crossed.

"Well Stacy and I know this couple John and Daisy Fuchs. They are a lively couple, and they like to swing if you know what I mean. Stacy asked them to come to her party and bring a couple more of their swinger friends and when her regular guests left, she would turn it into a swinger party. She told them her friend Anne wanted to participate."

Then, she got Anne and Robert drinking and feeling no pain. Robert fell asleep and Anne continued to drink with Stacy. When the party started to wind down Anne was inebriated. Stacy told Anne that Robert had passed out cold and she should spend the night with her and leave in the morning.

"Wow what happened next? "I asked pretending to be fascinated by the discussion.

He looked at me with an evil grin like a cat with the canary in its mouth.

"Instead of bringing Anne to Robert's room she took her to the swinger's party room and pushed her on the bed of course right in the middle of the fucking orgy. The men swooped down in her like a pack of wolves. Anne started to act like the total slut that she genuinely is."

"Oh my God! That is so wicked!" I said feigning enjoyment at hearing the scheme. But that does not seem fair for Anne." I responded."

"So, then what happened?" I asked eagerly.

"Stacy ran off to awaken Robert with smelling salts and brought him to see Anne fucking three guys."

"Three guys! That must have been a huge shock to poor Robert," I said.

"Yes, the next day, while Anne was still sleeping off her night of debauchery at Stacy 's aunt's house, I went to visit Robert to comfort him. He had been drinking all night trying to drown his sorrows in the alcohol."

"After sobering him up with some coffee, I sat down with him at the kitchen table to talk with him. He kept telling me how foolish he felt. I didn't want to tell him that I told him so, but I had tried to hint about her promiscuity."

"Robert must have been devastated and Anne must have been destroyed as well." I said.

Well, I thought it was what she deserved. She was an unfaithful wife. Did you know that on another occasion, a girl's night out, she had let a stranger, a stripper fuck her in front of everyone?"

"No way." I said.

"Yes, I have the video of it, and I showed it to Robert just to prove how slutty a woman she is."

"How did he react to seeing that?" I asked.

"When I showed him the video of Anne with the stripper, his first thought was how did I get it. I told him all the girls took videos, I got it from Stacy. He told me that not only was Anne a slut, but she was a porn star as well. He realized there was no use talking with her. He didn't want to hear her lies and excuses. There was nothing more to say. He told me he was leaving his embarrassment of a wife and contacting his lawyer to 'divorce her cheating ass,' as he put it."

I could not believe how dastardly a thing Jake did to make sure that he drove the last nail into my coffin. Maybe Stacy showed him that video so he would feel less guilty about his part in driving a wedge between my husband and I. She certainly knew how to manipulate Jake.

"How did he react to that" I asked.

"He was still in shock from having seen his wife airtight with three different guys. That was bad enough. But I think that video was the final straw in the Camel's back because it proved that these kinds of indiscretions were happening for a long time. Getting back together with and would be hopeless. It dawned on him what a complete and utter slut he married.

"You said that you were friends with her too? Didn't you know what she was like?" I asked innocently.

For a brief second Jake had a look of regret on his face before he spoke, "She started off a shy girl in high school, but quickly came out of her shell once she became friends with Stacy. Then she dated a lot of guys. I even dated her for a while. But she was too wild for me. Why she used to sleep around. I heard she slept with several football players at once.

Now this was a blatant lie about me, and Jake knew it. Jake was the pig in high school not me. He was the one trying to get in all the girls' panties. He has become a little less obvious, but his goals have not changed much since then.

Jake looked at me with a frown and said, "They have not spoken since. Robert will serve her divorce papers now that she is out of the hospital."

"Hospital? Oh yes, Stacy mentioned that she was in the hospital. Why, what happened to her?" I asked.

Jake looked a bit pained. "Unfortunately, Anne was hit by a drunk driver and was gravely injured. Robert refuses to divorce her until she has recovered. And despite all Stacy's efforts to be exclusive, he does not feel ready for another marriage yet. Despite what she did to him, he is having trouble forgetting her. He still loves her."

"He loved a different woman, a respectable woman who he could trust," I said, despondently.

After a moment of reflection, I said "I suppose a betrayal like Anne's is final?"

"I can't see any way they could get together again." Jake agreed.

"Say Jake, this couple you know, John and Daisy Fuchs. They sound like fun. I would like to meet them." I said pretending to be a little drunk and intrigued by the swinger lifestyle.

"Really Jeanie you want to meet them? I could arrange that, "he said while I was sure he was thinking only with his little head again. He was contemplating all the possibilities and getting excited imagining me in a four some with him and the Fuchs. Jake did not understand courtship or how to love someone else. For him it was the physical intimacy that he craved above all else. The thought that I might embrace the swinger lifestyle with him had Jake creaming in his pants.

We left the wine bar to walk through the streets along Central Park on the West side following Broadway to Columbus Circle. The streets were empty, and he stopped on the street to call an Uber to get me a ride home. He pulled me in tightly so that I could feel his body against mine, and he gave me a scorching kiss on the lips. The tipsy state I was in made me feel an urge to kiss him back. When I did my nipples pressed against his chest hardened and I felt horny.

Jake was the one who had popped my cherry in high school so my body was familiar with him. We had had sex many times in the past and our embrace brought back the memories of the intense pleasure I felt when I first had intimacy with a man. I felt my body involuntarily responding to him. I suddenly found myself getting lost in lust. I felt my pussy involuntarily moisten as my arms hugged him back. I could smell the fragrance of his male scent mixed with the odor of his cologne, his strong arms pulling my chest against his hard torso and his soft lips mashed against mine, desperate to ignite my passion. It had been so long since I was with a man. I felt myself getting pulled into his physical attraction. Yet I could not let myself get led astray by this man. The images of my sexual assault were swirling in my head. I hated what he and Stacy had done to me. I despised how he nonchalantly lied about me. I stopped returning his kiss to pull away from his embrace. When he broke the kiss he said, "Jean, thank you for an enchanted evening," alluding to the song in the play."

His aggressiveness didn't surprised me. Jake was too fast without finesse. He had not changed much since high school. I forced myself to chuckle and said," I think you had a bit too much wine."

He laughed and by that time, thank goodness the Uber had arrived.

"I had an enjoyable evening, Jake. Thank you!"

"I did too Jeanie. You are a lovely woman, and I enjoyed our time together. I will call you about getting together with John and Daisy."

In the back seat of my Uber ride I was smiling to myself that my idea to get close enough to Rob to explain my set up and expose Stacy and Jake as co-conspirators was beginning to fall into place. I went to bed with a glimmer of hope. Robert had taken an interest in me without any real suspicions of my true identity. Furthermore, Jake, anxious to get into my pants stupidly revealed details about how their plot unfolded. I was hopeful that I could find weaknesses to exploit and bring out the truth to Robert.