All Comments on 'The Second Hundred Years Ch. 06'

by woodmanone

Sort by:
  • 31 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousover 13 years ago
I truley enjoyed it

My title says most of it. This was a well written and very complete story. I can see a possibility of a continuation or "spin off" but it stands on it's own merit.

Good job

woodmanonewoodmanoneover 13 years agoAuthor
A Little Clarification

First thank all of you who have read and followed this story. Your critiques, comments, suggestions, and questions are appreciated and make me want to keep writing. They also are constructive and will hopefully help me become a better writer.

There are a few comments I would like to address. I would normally do so in an email but many of them are posted anonymously.

There have been a few comments and an email or two concerning the Lakota Sioux living in Arizona.

I have a friend from college that is half Lakota. We had many discussions about his heritage and the history of the Lakota. From his grandfather's stories and research I've done, the Lakota did range as far south as Arizona; mostly in the north but as far south as Flagstaff, Williams, and the Grand Canyon areas. I took literary license and extended their range to the Prescott area.

Usually I put a warning or disclaimer in the notes at the beginning of my stories that I don't do graphic sex scenes or "stroke stories". I neglected to do that with this one and received a couple of admonishments that my story was not erotic and didn't belong on this site.

To those I say, if erotica is what you want then DON'T READ MY WORK. Save us both time and trouble. I write because I enjoy the characters, events in their lives, and their reactions. As long as the comments and emails tell me that people like my tales, I will continue to do so.

Sorry for the long comment but I wanted to address these things.

Thank you and I hope you enjoy the story.

AllosaurusRexAllosaurusRexover 13 years ago
Thank you

This has been a great story, please keep postind more.

LeFrog08LeFrog08over 13 years ago
An excellent tale!

Thank you, wm1, this well-written story really got my attention and appreciation.

BigJohn601BigJohn601over 13 years ago
Well written enjoyable tale...Thanks!

While I certainly enjoyed your rather calm conclusion, I was sorta hopin' Jim would go out with his boots on, guns blazin', in a battle to the death with the evil minnions of Center Corp. whose dastardly leader was a discendent of the evil medicine man...... But Bravo to Woodmanone; I enjoy all your stories!!!!

AnonymousAnonymousover 13 years ago
Great!

I look for your work almost every day. Thanks for a great read.

vietvetvietvetover 13 years ago
Loved it:

Didn't want it to end.

Thank you for the fabulously good story and keep up the good work .

Thanks: Tom

Sidney43Sidney43over 13 years ago
Excellent story

Interesting concept and well written.

xtremeddxtremeddover 13 years ago
wmo, Pilgrim yer one helluva yarn spinning tale teller.....

now bank that campfire, bed down an sleep fast. Daybreak'll be here soon enough an there's miles of cattle to move.

Great tale W. Got gooder an gooder as you told it.

Thanks for sharing on Lit.

x

P.S. don't forgit to look up! Would ya look at that. The dang Moon! It's burning up an disapeer'in!

digdaddyrichdigdaddyrichover 13 years ago
Fantastic

A great old west tale entwined into modern day life. The author didn't dwell on the super-natural aspect of the tale as much as the every day lives of all of the characters.

Just a well written story that held my interest through out.

Thanks for the wonderful story.

hodunkhodunkover 13 years ago
To the end of a great tale

Once again you have held me spellbound, and waiting for the next chapter. What a great great story. I love all the tales of the west, was fasinated as a child that read all the time and still am. Thanks for annother by the wonderful woodmanone. Thank You

BoringOldGuyBoringOldGuyover 13 years ago
5 stars are not enough

A well written tale. It captured me from chapter 1. Thank you woodmaone!

AnonymousAnonymousover 13 years ago
Truly

One of the best, Woodie! Thanks for a great read and stirring some personal memories.

Doleke

2Xwidderwoman2Xwidderwomanover 13 years ago
Much appreciation for your efforts

Most readers can enjoy an interesting story, reading line after line without giving much thought to the characters or plot. However, occasionally a truly intriguing story comes along which requires some thought. It cannot be read, it must be savored. The richness of the tale settles into our mind and wiggles around until it finds a comfortable nook. Only then can the reader continue with the reading.

... and then, there is this story, it requires a different type of scrutiny. We read about a scene or a conversation and must step away from the story to allow our mind to create that scene in it's full richness, as I found myself doing after the cave collapsed and then again after Jim viewed his Eagle's Nest Ranch. It may be minutes or an hour, before we can return to continue reading.

Woodmanone, thank you for your effort and skill in giving us the kind of story we can read once and return to for another read, each time gaining a new insight in the abundance of detail that fills our mind.

Thank you again,

2Xww

AnonymousAnonymousover 13 years ago
Awesome story.

I am a quarter Lakotaor Sioux . Sioux in Arizona? But, a great story. Thank you, woodmanone.

ziplashziplashover 13 years ago
Great Story

One of the best Western stories I've read ever! Keep up the great work!!

charlie2tcharlie2tabout 13 years ago
A great story.

A great story and a great series. I enjoyed it very much. Thank you for writing it.

r_d_txnr_d_txnabout 13 years ago
great

I read a lot and see many good authors.... you are definitely one of the good one.... thanks for the story

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago
Thank You !!!

Wonderful, wonderful !!! Thank you for the great story. Don't ever stop writing.

I didn't want it to end. You have a special writing talent.

pumpop201pumpop201about 10 years ago
One of the best......

One of the best stories on this site. Thanks.

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
2nd hundred 06

Ed Grocott

edgrocott@gmail.com

hal1951hal1951over 8 years ago
In the minds eye

there are many kinds of writers and many more kinds of stories but the best ones are those that bring vision to the minds eye. They allow the reader to see what's going on and where. The vistas of mountains and plains, the dust stirred up by hundreds of cattle plodding along and the smells around them. The sounds of an eagles cry or the wind through the boughs of tall pines and water cascading down a mountain stream.

Your stories stir the senses of my minds eye as few others ever have and I thank you for that gift.

rightbankrightbankabout 8 years ago
great story

word pictures that stimulate the readers imagination.

well done

there are still unresolved issues. what ever happened to the heartless corporation that wanted to buy Eagles Nest?

why hasn't anyone taken a ride up the canyon in the spring after run off to see if there is more gold?

Schwanze1Schwanze1over 5 years ago
You are

gifted. Thanks for sharing.

LilacQueen15LilacQueen15over 3 years ago

Superb story! Why did James point to the cave?

cybojicybojiabout 3 years ago
One hell of a story

Very, very, good. I think baby jim pointing at the cave was in reference to circle of said by big jim. This could be a movie. 5

kameljockeykameljockeyover 1 year ago

Outstanding..................

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

James Ambrose lifted his small hand and pointed at the cave.

I got goosebumps, fantastic 5 stars.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Great story thankyou

DrtywrdsmithDrtywrdsmithabout 1 year ago

That was one heck of a yarn!!!! ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️

mnop9mnop93 months ago

Quite Unique and well done!

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userwoodmanone@woodmanone
I believe age and cunning will overcome youth and enthusiasm every time. Being some what of an egomaniac I believe my stories are very interesting. Only the readers can verify or disprove that premise. Several of my stories are based on my own experience or most have a little ...

READ MORE OF THIS SERIES