All Comments on 'The Second Time Around'

by DG Hear

Sort by:
  • 34 Comments
NiceGuysDontGetLaidNiceGuysDontGetLaidalmost 18 years ago
Very nice.

A man can learn from his mistakes.

I love stories where justice is done. Not the legal kind, but real justice were the punishment is equal to the pain.

This was very entertaining, a real man looking after his family, justice delivered to a genuine bad guy.

Keep up the great writing.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 18 years ago
Welcome back

I missed the good DGH stories. Like this one.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 18 years ago
A BIT SMOOTH.....

... except for the action near the end. One or two spelling/grammar mistakes but nothing that can't be corrected. Nice length but somewhat predictable; except I personally don't believe that three guys who had been promised a woman to fuck would then just as readily fuck a man!

Risq_001Risq_001almost 18 years ago
You know DG, this was pretty good, but I wonder...

Where the folks that always vote for reconcilation at all cost are?

If this had been the wife that had screwed up like this and either got pregnant or brought the disease home, they would have been asking for your blood if you hadn't let them stay together and having the husband asking for her forgiveness because he dared get upset at her for cheating. I've often wondered why it is ok if the author writes the story as a wife kicking out a cheating husband and they are ok with it, but if the author chooses to make it the husband leaves a wife for cheating he's less of a man for it. I will never understand the lack of equal rights in those folks for the main characters. Either always root for them both to get back together or don't root for either, but don't pick on the male leads only.

But in this story, I thought it was a good story because, while yes the husband did screwed up major league, his life didn't stop because of the divorce. Yep he got drunk, cheated, and brought home a disease. And yes his wife divorced him for it regardless of what he said. But you didn't make it the end of the world for him, where if he couldn't have her then life wasn't worth living, and you didn't force them back together. You let them both move on with their lives and find someone else that they could be happy with.

Good story, and I'm glad to see it wasn't reconcile at all cost. It for me was more of the live and learn from your mistakes kinda of story.

-Risq

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 18 years ago
Your story

has been mentioned in today's Author's Hangout New Story Review.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 18 years ago
Another Good one but I would expect no less!

There's just something about the stories you write DG. So, much like real life. I read an awful lot of fantacy on this site. Your stories just seem to hit home. Thanks again for another good read.

An avid fan

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 18 years ago
Thank you!!!

.....for this GREAT story!

BBE

Nightowl22Nightowl22almost 18 years ago
Yup, another good story

And so, it pays to make friends where you can! A very good read. And it's done without a Navy Seal.

I thought the courtship was a little fast but it does happen, especially with a relative as the instigator.

Agood read and a very good ending.

Harryin VAHarryin VAalmost 18 years ago
Just think If H20 wrote this story

imagine what his --H20's version would of been....

the two ex cons fuck he wife who told her husband she just had to have lots a big cock.... and the hubby accepted it b/c HE did not wnat to hurt the little girl...

great story DG

and great post Risq.... once agan we agree on so much....

peggytwittypeggytwittyalmost 18 years ago
Great romance story

Great story DG as always. Looking forward to whatever genre you go to next.

Thanks for the entertainment

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 18 years ago
GREAT STORY

Risq said it all. Thanks for the story.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 18 years ago
What the hell

DG:

It was worth a 2nd read 'cause it lost nothing in the re-reading. It is better then good, which is to say it is up to your usual. Thank You. Ronnie W.

PEATBOGPEATBOGalmost 18 years ago
I always love your work !!!

A fine tale where the ‘right’ things happen to the ‘right’ people. The good guys came out of it happy (even Lisa) and the bad guys literally ‘got it in the ass’. Anonymous in UK (now in Spain) who can’t believe that three guys who had been promised a woman to fuck would then just as readily fuck a man has forgotten that the three are ex cons who, while in prison, had grown accustomed to a masculine ass as a very acceptable substitute for a woman’s pussy. Above your usual fine standard! Pete.

AnonymousAnonymousover 17 years ago
Good one, dG

A gutsy romance that is not a girly girl sort of tale but still leaves ya warm and fuzzy.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 14 years ago
Good work Dude!!

Great story

oldwayneoldwayneabout 13 years ago
DG, I thought I had read them all, but...not

I thought this was one of your better ones. I especially liked the anonymous prose he used for proposing. Thanks for all of your work. You always will be one of the best!

TavadelphinTavadelphinabout 12 years ago
Yep a well place argument -

Will convince a lot of doubters heh - a right placed to the head - a left placed to the ribs - it sometimes take a bit of discussion to close the meeting lol.

Another winner with enough reality to be scary heh

betrayedbylovebetrayedbyloveabout 10 years ago
Excellent

A great tale. Shows that love can be found the second time around. Nice title.

Five Stars

tazz317tazz317about 10 years ago
THANK YOU FOR BEING MY FRIEND

through thick and lean, no good deed can ever go punished, TK U MLJ LV NV

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
Two dates????

He goes out with her twice and he's ready to marry her? Even though his first impression is that she's "a little overweight"? And the woman turns out to be so paranoid that she's crying that he didn't come in and fuck her after their first date? Every single Mother I've known is paranoid about protecting their kid. And not exposing them to a new man for a long time. This whole mess just went by at light speed. Even Robin Hood wasn't this crazy.

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
Loved it!

Five stars! Part of enjoying fiction is suspension of disbelief. Contrary to what one anonymous reviewer said, stranger things have happened than falling for someone right away. Good plot, good characterization. I enjoyed it thoroughly.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Good God did that get lame fast.

"What the hell was I suppose to do?" If you even have to ask, you don't have the brains or the balls to be of any use to anyone. Just another Darwinian failure. The sooner he's eliminated from the gene pool the better.

DOC226DOC226about 5 years ago

This story surprised me with a unique plot line. The two main characters are not the usual hero and heroine found on this site. Both have flaws, physical and emotional. However, their story can be summed by the saying "not perfect people, but perfect for each other." All and all A Great Read; keep up the good work.

jimjam69jimjam69over 4 years ago
Another good one

Great story DG.

PapaGolf414PapaGolf414about 3 years ago

This is the first of your stories that I have read that I really did not enjoy. Sorry, but it didn.t jell with me, being a man with no divorce experience to draw on. I found the character of Julie just too nice and accomodating, and that '.threw me off. Sorry for the lower rating than usual, but that's the way I found it.

iseeyoufly1964iseeyoufly1964almost 3 years ago

I really liked the story. Someone said earlier that it isn't always the best looking or smartest person, just someone that it needs to be. There is always someone out there for all of us...great story and 5 stars!

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Definitely a five star rating. 🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟

Rancher46Rancher46over 2 years ago

Great story. Well written and the storyline flowed smoothly until the end. Even though the MC was an asshole and fucked his first marriage by screwing a whore and giving an STD to his first wife, he learned by that misfortune. When he meets Julie, he realized that was getting a second chance and he redeemed himself by the way he treated and protected Julie. Well done. 5-stars 🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

A masterpiece: plot, story line, intrigue, love, weaving of action, etc. Bravo. And no loose ends.

Easily 5*

BJ

NoSauce4uNoSauce4uover 1 year ago

I really wanted to know if Ray got pregnant or not, hehe.

Nice story, thanks for sharing!

rbloch66rbloch66over 1 year ago

Interesting story concept, but there was no flow to the story, and in general, not much depth. Not one of your better ones.

mrdata9770mrdata9770over 1 year ago

(11/26/2022) This was an enjoyable read. The lead character wasn't a six-foot-two genius with a monster dick running his own company. Julie was no drop-dead supermodel single mother. These characters were real people, with real jobs, real friends, and living in trailers too. There's nothing like a double-wide with wall-to-wall carpeting. Nicely done. Five stars.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Julie's a psychotic bitch with Cheri batting for her!! ANOTHER WEAK WIMP MC FROM A CUCK WRITER

AnonymousAnonymous8 months ago

Husband was an asshole and a sleaze in his first marriage. Lisa had no choice but to drop kick him. He learned with Julie though that he had one shot to get back to happiness. Plot was disjointed but interesting at times. No idea why previous commenter is ripping on Julie and ranting in caps. Weird.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userDG Hear@DG Hear
I want to thank all the readers who read and comment on my stories. If anyone would have told me 8 yrs ago (now it's 16 yrs ago) I would be writing stories (on an adult web site) I would have laughed at them. Thank you so much for the feedback and comments. It's what keep m...

SIMILAR Stories