All Comments on 'The Secret'

by TheDok

Sort by:
  • 11 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Perfection! Clearly a lot of thought has gone into this story and it shows. It is both romantic and erotic. Well done!

amygdalaamygdalaover 2 years ago

A beautiful woman delights the eye; a wise woman, the understanding; a pure one, the soul.

And I truly believe that Arabian proverb about taking revenge on a man by sending him a beautiful woman. I have seen the lengths one friend went through to satisfy the unending material and psychological hunger that his “beautiful” woman demanded of him. I think in the end the man she cheated on and left for my friend was the lucky one.

PurplefizzPurplefizzover 2 years ago

What a great idea for a story, not so much the story or the characters which are lovely, but the idea of punctuating it with relevant/portentious proverbs, I loved it! Also, no glaring spelling and grammar issues (at least to me anyway), which is a plus. Thank you immensely for writing and posting, regards, Ppfzz.

Fireguy1956Fireguy1956over 2 years ago

Liked the entire premise with all the proverbs. Well done!

Suite21menSuite21menover 2 years ago

Loved the quotations!

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Sweet and lovely! Your use of the proverbs is refreshing. Thank you for a fun and gratifying read.

OvercriticalOvercriticalover 2 years ago

The plot was not particularly original; the flow was good, but didn't keep you on the edge of your chair. But, it certainly left me with a good feeling and that counts for a lot. After all, what do we read for if not for enjoyment. And this was a 5* read. The novelty of the quotes was a nice touch.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Overcritical gave this 5*! Amazing and you should be pleased.

I was concerned about missed quotation marks and errors delineating between narrative and quotes. Not major issues, but enough to throw the reader off track.

Nice use of proverbs but a better use would have been to take one or just a few and wrap them into the story in a meaningful way instead of just having random ones about beautiful women. Most of them just interrupted the story.

4*

SouthernCrossfireSouthernCrossfireover 2 years ago

Hi, Dok, excellent work. Sweet story with the proverbs generally appearing to be well chosen to tie into the tale at that point in the story, and loved the little bits of humor and some of the wording really added to that and the mood ("good in bed...or across the dining table." Ha ah!). I'll send a PM with a bit of CC in case it might be of help. 5*

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

So very much appreciated this lovely tale of true love found.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

The author displays the breadth of his knowledge as he ells a sexy tale of wisdom, both ancient and modern.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous