The Secret to a Happy Marriage

Story Info
A couples way of keeping their marriage fresh and exciting.
749 words
4.21
4.6k
13
4
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

John and Maggie Bernhart were celebrating their 50th wedding anniversary. Their children had organized a big event in the hall attached to the town's community center. John and Maggie were "good people," and this was a small town so the turnout was large. All afternoon and evening John and Maggie had been congratulated on their long marriage. Many of the well wishers wanted to know the "secret of their success." Every time this happened John and Maggie would look at one another and smile with both their eyes and their mouths. One of them would then reply, "we worked hard to keep it interesting." The inquisitors would probe deeper but never did John or Maggie elaborate. Soon enough the next person or couple would want to congratulate John and Maggie and their last well wisher would move on, further convinced this couple had a closely guarded magic formula that clearly kept them enthralled with one another.

Not that John and Maggie's story was "special." They had first met in kindergarten. Maggie had given John his first kiss in grade 8 and John had reciprocated by being the first person to kiss Maggie. When they were both 16, they have given one another their virginity. Not one of those fumbling around in the back seat of a car anticlimactic first times. No, it was in bed with plenty of time to savor the moment and make it great.

Marriage had followed and soon enough they were a family of 5. John had a good job at the factory in town and Maggie had run a stay-at-home daycare. They had had their ups and downs, John broke his leg, Maggie was in a bad car accident, but they were happy together. The secret to that happiness that they would not share with anyone was what they called "the game."

When either John or Maggie thought their sex was getting stale or they weren't connecting in their marriage they would say to the other, "things are getting boring, I need to go see what I can find elsewhere." The other person would then have to organize a babysitter for the next Friday or Saturday night. They would go to a bar and the "bored" person would dress to not attract and shoot down any companionship attempts. The other person would dress for success and be on "the prowl." Once the "bored" person was sufficiently wound up from watching their spouse be the subject of attention they would find a way to end the seduction. By that time John and Maggie would be so fired up from their "game" they couldn't wait to get home and the sex would be dynamite that night and for weeks to follow.

John and Maggie had rules. There was to be no significant physical contact, for example no blow jobs given or received in the parking lot. Definitely no hands wandering under tables, not even kissing was allowed. The thrill for John and Maggie was to see their spouse being sought after, they didn't want to see the results of the attraction.

Over the years there had been a few close calls. One time two ladies in town for a conference had tried to get John into a threesome. John was sorely tempted, until Maggie stopped it. Another time a bachelor party had tried to get Maggie to strip for them. Maggie was primed to go until John came and saved her with a request for a dance. The closest they ever came to a possible disaster with their "game" was with a woman named Desiree.

That night John had been the one looking to get picked up. Desiree somehow figured out what John and Maggie were up to and tried to talk them into a threesome. This had really fired up John and Maggie's motors and they came close to agreeing but thought better of it not wanting to risk disaster. The sex they had that night however was otherworldly! It was by far, hands down the best sex they had ever had in a marriage filled with great sex.

Things had slowed down as they aged, but they had not stopped their "game." Tomorrow they were set to attend a dance at the seniors center. It was mostly John who was on the prowl now because the ratio of women to men was 6 or 7 to 1 but there was no doubt there would be some great sex by the end of the night.