The Seeker and the Source Pt. 06

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"Mmmm, I see you found the Cinnamon rolls, those are my favorite too" said a voice from behind her.

She whirled around to see Illandriil standing at the door to the bathroom. He was half naked with a towel draped around his waist. His muscular chest glistened with wet droplets of water from his bath. She quickly schooled her expression back into a scowl as he smiled arrogantly noticing the appreciating stare she gave his body. He casually sauntered over to the table before grasped her chin in his hand and lowering his face until he was close to hers. He gazed into her eyes seductively before his tongue snaked out to lick a stray bit of syrup from the side of her lips.

He let out a deep chuckle at the surprised expression on her face.

He settled into an open chair by the table and gestured for her to take the seat across.

###

A knock came at the door once they had finished eating breakfast and he had dressed.

Illandriil went and opened the door slightly to see who it was, and then swung it wide open to let in two elves. One was a young looking female elf with bronze hair and slate grey eyes who Aurelia vaguely remembered having introduced herself just yesterday as lady Gylleda. The other was a servant unknown to Aurelia, but he carried with him a plain, if there ever was such a thing for elves, brown leather bag that unnerved her.

They both bowed and curtseyed before her, addressing her as 'your highness' as they did before getting down to work. Aurelia's skin prickled at the title, she still felt unaccustomed to being addressed as such.

The man rustled the inside of his bag before handing the prince a small tub containing a strong herbal smelling poultice.

"Aurelia come sit" Said Illandriil gesturing to the waiting cushion of an ornate upholstered chair. Aurelia uncharacteristically did as she was told, unsure what to make of the sudden development. Illandriil gave her a look that could only be described as encouraging as he proceeded to rub the salve on the cartilage of her ear. The area tingled as the cooling paste was spread over it, slightly numbing the area around the curve.

Illandriil tapped Gylleda's shoulder gesturing for her to follow him as he walked across the room Gylleda trailing behind him. He quietly spoke his orders to the lady once they were just out of earshot. Aurelia squinted trying to make out their intent as they both slowly turned their heads over to look at her. She was just about to leave the confines of the chair when something else caught her attention.

The hands of the male flourished to produce a small flame which he used to heat the needled end of a small pair of unique looking tongs. Aurelia eyed the bit of magic curiously, absently wondering at how the elf managed to keep the flame from burning his fingers despite it seemingly hovering just above the tip of his pointer.

In that time Illandriil had crouched just in front of the chair, along with Gylleda who stood behind her sandwiching her between them. By that point Aurelia had gotten over the initial novelty of watching the fire magic and was now examining the odd looking needle that his spell was working to heat. Strong hands snaked around her arms by her waist pulling her attention back to him.

"It's just a small prick and then its all done, promise" Illandriil said reassuringly as what they meant to do to her soon became clear. She felt Gylleda's hands quietly find her shoulders, giving them a encouraging squeeze as he said this. Aurelia inhaled a sharp breath as she panicked, eyes wild and wide as she struggled against them not out of fear, just startled surprise.

"If you can't keep still we will be forced to tie you down dearest." Illandriil said in a warning tone though his face betrayed his mild amusement as Aurelia froze mid-struggle.

She held her breath and focused on remaining still as she felt the hot needle pierce the cartilage of her ear, three times. The shock of the action combined with the numbing ointment worked to dull the pain.

"There all done"

Aurelia slightly opened an eye that she had squeezed shut during the procedure, to find the chamber once again empty, save for Illandriil and herself. He pulled her from the cushioned seat just long enough for him to sit and pull her back into his lap.

"You did so well. Now that wasn't so bad was it?" he sweetly cooed, stroking his fingers through her long silky locks, neatly arranging her hair around the opposite shoulder as he did.

"My objection was based around permanence not badness" Aurelia grumbled as she toyed with her new piercings. This earned her a sharp rap on her knuckles.

After about an hour of batting her hands from touching her ears and more applications of the poultice.

He handed her a pretty golden carved looking glass, that lay on a small three legged table next to them, so that she could look at his recent alteration to her. Aurelia stared into her reflection, directly at the three earrings at the top of her ear near the arch. She noted the different gemstones that featured at the centred of each ring , recognizing the dark blue lapis that hung on one of Illandriil's earrings. Only, hers was surrounded by two smaller glittering exquisite diamonds. She gently poked the earring enjoying the way the translucent gems caught and played with the light.

"Lapis is the gemstone of my house, the clear crystals show that you're married into it" he explained gesturing at the royal blue surrounded by the sparkly clear diamonds.

"This one represents the position you hold in my house and that one denotes your title though you'll notice not everyone has a third earring." He said gesturing to the pearl earring and sapphire earring respectively.

"In this case the pearl is special only to you because you are the Source. As my Onyx denotes me as a Seeker. They were set aside specially for us."

He continued at length, carefully explaining the various gemstone or gemstone combination of each house. Aurelia listened with great interest, occasionally pausing to ask questions.

Elven culture seemed so different, with the need to be so formal about class that they would put a visible label on everyone. She supposed the earrings weren't so bad, if a little permanent.

"It's a small wonder that your people manage to get anything done with all this emphasis you place on position."

Illandriil gazed back at her thoughtfully before his lips turned up in a small sad smile. He stared at her with the hooded eyed expression of someone lost in thought.

"You're right" he mused. "It is a little arbitrary."

"But it's the custom" he said while lifting her up off of him, and standing up himself.

"Lady Gylleda will be back for you to take you for a stroll around the gardens, I have to attend to a few royal duties now that we're home. However, I will see you again tonight for supper." He said with a reassuring smile as he got ready to leave.

He paused at the door just as he was about to head out, like he was deciding on whether or not to do something. Seemingly deciding to go through with it, he turned and returned back to her side.

"You have no idea how happy I am to finally have you here with me."

He leaned in to place a gentle kiss on her cheek, pausing briefly as he did to take in her warm scent, before leaving.

###

Aurelia found herself paying closer attention to the different earrings of the various Elves they passed in the wide corridors of the palace, each one bowing to her as they went by. Servants with copper earrings with coloured beads, guards and sentry with blackened tungsten and silver loops, various decorated aristocrats with precious gold. No longer, just a pretty ornament to her, but a sign that seemed to announce just who they were and in what order of precedence they took in this seemingly high strung empire. She was so distracted by the look a bead on one maid that she nearly ran into a columned archway that lead out to the garden. A quick yank from Gylleda saw her stop just before impact.

"Be careful your highness!" She exclaimed. "His highness may not let me watch you next time if I return you injured."

Almost like she's talking to a dog. Wonderful, I'm a pet now. Aurelia closed her eyes and focused on cooling her irritation.

"Aurelia"

"Pardon my lady?"

"My name is Aurelia, I'd prefer it if you addressed me as such"

"As you wish my- Aurelia..."Gylleda said uncertainly, confusion etched across her face.

The scene was almost idyllic to Aurelia, so untouched by the war.

Rose bushes hung in full bloom, featuring blue, yellow and pink blossoms. Lilac laced gardens with bunches of lavender growing tall, seemed to almost magically emanate a cacophony of flowery scents. Aurelia stepped onto a wide pearlescent pathway that seemed to stretch and wind around various sections of the sky garden. Toward the centre of the wide pathway, roundabout stood a large and aging white wisteria tree that Gylleda proudly boasted about being in eternal bloom. Bordering the edges of the terrace was an undisturbed shallow pool of water that seemed to flow off the edge into infinite. Everything felt so manicured and perfect, leaving Aurelia feeling out of place in this beatific scene.

Lady Gylleda however, looked exactly at home here. The very sort of person you'd picture meandering about. She was the very image of what the perfect elven lady should look like, tall and slender with a head of long dark coppery blonde hair held in elaborate braids and smooth honey colored skin. She even initially wore the same haughty expression on her beautiful high cheekbones. Though she quickly lost it partway as she warmed up to her.

Aurelia felt an undiscernible stiffening feeling in her gut.

Was that envy she was feeling?

"Just think how lucky you are, you're the first of your kind to step foot in these gardens." Gylleda gushed as they strolled through the terrace gardens. "And we get special permission to walk these gardens everyday. Except Terasday of course, the Quene reserves that day for her own private strolls."

Aurelia couldn't help but smile, despite herself, at the enthusiasm of her walking partner. She had been with her all afternoon and not once had she shown any of the begrudging politeness that others showed her as they passed. Every so often she would ask questions on what it was like to be human, even stating some absurd stereotypes, but they all had been out of innocent curiosity. Asked without any malice. She just had never been taught any better. That was when Aurelia realized. It wasn't envy she felt.

It was pity.

###

Illandriil roiled on the inside knowing the reason why he, along with every other royal advisor of any note was summoned to the Royal Council Chambers. He noted his uncle, and cousin in attendance standing next to each other. The room held a large table map of Beria that sits in the center and while seats can be provided with a simple command for servants, most choose to stand giving themselves a better vantage point to view the map.

Entering brought back memories of previous council meetings he'd attended in the past before he left. Late night war councils, the room full of the same stuffy nobles, all dominion supporters, listening to his uncle argue over troop divisions and battle placements as he emphatically pointed at various points of interest on the ancient map.

The map had been magically created to detail by his late father, each mountain, plain and city had been brought to life in detail through the consult of their best geographers, and cartographers. However, the map has sat unfinished since then, missing one longed for detail.

The location of the Fey Lands; the Island that all Elves originated from. Their people had fled the lands a millennia ago when disaster struck causing the island to sink beneath the waves, the location itself now lost to history.

"We have the Source. The time to act is now, she must be made to divine the location of the Fey Lands" exclaimed Cenath with a bang of his fists on the table.

"Why the rush uncle? We've just arrived and how are we to be sure she has power enough to divine it's location. Even if she was able to, no one has seen ever Akash's sphere" Said Illandriil using the informal endearment to address the General. He was in no rush to push Aurelia's abilities. Not since he discovered that she was somehow hindering his access to it.

He hoped to buy more time to figure out why he couldn't fully connect with her magic despite the bind. However, both his mother and uncle were anxious that her powers be used to find Akash's Sphere.

Akash's Sphere was a powerful magical artifact, remnant from the days of creation. It was given by Akash, the King of the Gods, to lesser spirits during the creation. The Elves were the descendants of these lesser divines who were caught in the fabric of the realm and had been held by them for centuries until the Great Sinking. With Akash's sphere they would be able to rework the weave, increasing their magical prowess among other things. The powers will never come close to the magic of that of the Source, but it would be enough to turn the war in their favor.

Cenath glared at him.

"Don't tell me you're sympathizing now that you're screwing one, nephew" he shot back.

Illandriil stiffened, refusing to let the weight of his uncle's accusation reflect on his face. Human sympathy was a criminal offence, punishable by death.

"You dare question my commitment uncle?" Illandriil argued back, pretending to be insulted at the insinuation.

"It's hard not to question your highness. Tell me, if she were to come barging in on this meeting would you table this discussion as well?" Said Cerrella in a mock half smile referring to Aurelia's actions on the ship.

"That's enough!" Echoed the Quene's voice, cutting through the heavy torrential atmosphere that hung through the chambers. "Illandriil will do as is expected of him, I will not have the sympathies of my heir questioned in front of me."

Illandriil held the glowering stare at Cenath, the two of them locked in a silent battle.

After a few moments of deafening silence the Quene continued.

"What we ask will take a tremendous amount of power, which I'm given to understand will require the girl to receive a few days rest at the very least?"

Illandriil slowly nodded his head at his mother, eyeing her with suspicion. It was not often that she would so readily concede to his points.

"I would still like to see a demonstration, and there is the pesky matter of human sympathizers that our General has so kindly pointed out. Dissidents who still harbour sympathies toward the human cause. You shall use your bind to suss them out. A bit of divination magic shouldn't be beyond your grasp."

And there it is

"Well. No... It isn't..."

"In the meantime I suggest she be educated on court life and other subjects fit for Elven nobles."

Wait. What? Illandriil could tell he wasn't the only one startled by the Quene's final remark. A generous offer, to sweeten the deal. One Aurelia would take an interest in given her fascination with their conversation this morning. Just what are you planning mother?

Illandriil agreed knowing it best to not argue with his mother once she had arrived at a decision. His uncle on the other hand, was only too happy for the chance to eliminate 'race traitors' as he liked to call them.

###

Illandriil pulled Aurelia toward the raised dais that held his mothers throne, as courtiers around them all bowed and curtsied.

Aurelia looked at the faces around her, of the prince's uncle and his cousin as they stood on the elevated platform awaiting them. Her expression was wary as they made their way toward the extravagant lapis throne that seemed to tower over its subjects. She stood next to him uncomfortably as the quene made her announcement.

"There are still those who believe that the humans are still a tolerable risk that we can take, make no mistake though, if the humans are not brought to heel, we all lose. Who among you would see your children make decisions for themselves? How can your children be trusted to make the right decisions if they are not properly guided. Like any child. Humans are no children too, but worse. Vermin with weapons. The best never living to see a day beyond eighty."

"The safety of the Dominion and its subjects requires its leaders to live by the Dominion principles. It has come to my attention that there are those among us that sympathize with the human plight, that a lesser creature should stand equal to us. This we cannot abide."

There was a hushed silence amongst the gathered nobles as many looked around them apprehensively. After awhile the Quene looked over at Illandriil and nodded her head.

Aurelia didn't need divination to know what was coming as she felt a slight tug at her magic being pulled from her being. This time though, she was ready for it. Aurelia gave one last pleading look at Illandriil before closing her eyes to focus on the Source of her magic, impeding the flow on the binding chord between them.

Illandriil, realizing what was happening, leaned down to growl in her ear.

"Submit." He said in a tone low enough that only she could hear.

"No" she whispered back refusing to yield, stubborn as ever. Her brain began to feel the dense cloudy haze, as pain shot through its stem. Yet she did not back down.

The two of them locked themselves silently in their internal battle for control of her magic. Like two kids fighting over a new toy. Each one, stubborn as the last, refusing to yield.

A dark mustard aura flowed from her to Illandriil, stifled and choppy as she furrowed her brow through the pain. Concentrating on stemming the flow of her powers.

Illandriil strained his brain roared in foggy pain in protest to what he was doing, as he pushed her ability beyond his limits increasing the trickle of power despite their inner fight. This proved to be enough magic for what he needed though. His eyes caught the tell tale mustard tinged shimmer of clairvoyance emanating around a few members of the court.

He pointed them out to his mother one after another. Naming each lord and lady blanketed in the glow.

Finally it was over, he released his hold on her magical energies. Dominion Guards worked through the crowd to grab a hold of these individuals, roughly pulling them aside, as Aurelia watched helpless to stop them.

Illandriil noted the sadistic glee behind Cenath's eyes as he watched the grim procession march solemnly to the castle dungeons.

"So your majesty, you got what you wanted. May we have your leave." He said to his mother, as his uncle flashed him a sinister smile from behind.

"Yes, you're dismissed, you have your few days, be sure she is rested." His mother said expressionless, but her voice betraying her enthusiasm at seeing such power her son was capable of.

###

Illandriil all but threw Aurelia into the navy bedchamber as he flung the wideset gilded doors open.

"I'm beginning to really think you do have a death wish" He stated as he crossed the threshold behind her.

He closed the doors behind them dismissing the servants from the room as he did. He paused with his eyes closed in agitated thought, facing the door to momentarily to collect his emotion. He let out a breathy sigh of partial relief to be alone and partial irritation at the events that unfolded in the Great Hall.

"What will happen to those people Illandriil?" came a low melodic voice from behind him, bringing forward the memory of the haunted looks of the nobles as the guard marched them away.

Illandriil whirled around to face his mate who seemed to be completely oblivious to the danger she was in.

"You! You're asking about them!? Aurelia you should be worried about yourself." Illandriil cut back in an exasperated tone.