All Comments on 'The Seeker Ch. 09 - Final'

by ReckingBall

Sort by:
  • 31 Comments
JpmaggersJpmaggersover 5 years ago
Great Work!

I've really enjoyed this story. It got a little dark for my personal tastes at times, but the plot and world building are both great. I also really liked the characters, though felt that some of minor ones of them fell slightly to the wayside.

Overall though, a very enjoyable read, and I look forward to seeing how it continues (as well as the ever enjoyable adventures of Poison). Good job, and keep up the great work ^_^

5/5 stars

babyjane12084babyjane12084over 5 years ago
Thank you!

Thank you for finishing this story! I am excited to read the next book with Adrika and Killian!

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
More please!

I'm in love with everything you've written so far. I'm very interested in hearing more of this story continued, with the world being more fleshed out and possibly (pretty please with sugar) a scene showcasing the (hopefully) growth in Laiyla and Venlen's relationship over the 19 year gap.

Keep writing! You never disappoint!

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Doh

I'm already shipping Adrika and Patrick. Killian can be the fling that teaches her what a bad relationship and asshole looks like. And Patrick can be her forever man, the two of them wrapping each other up in love and magic, making Laiyla and Venlen go, "Ooooh... maybe we should try that instead of controlling and stabbing each other."

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Intriguing new story

I do feel like marriage and the birth of a perfect baby girl and the promise of protection

for her is a HAE if I've ever heard of one. Laiyla may not be able to define her love for Ven, and it does seem like an unhealthy, unbalanced relationship, but sometimes love can't be defined in concrete terms.

I could imagine reading the story of Adrika and Killian just as a standalone. Adrika (a halfling princess) has her mother's seeker abilities/powerful blood from her father and runs into the enemy of the kingdom. The whole Seeker story arc feels like a really long prologue. It's nice to know the beginnings but I don't feel it to be essential to this new storyline, especially with how rushed-feeling this last chapter is. Everything tied up quickly in a noice bow.

I friggin' love Poison Ivy, everything about that story, and got swept up in it more than The Seeker. I think you've done a fantastic job with it and I'd say that even if it wasn't the second story you've ever posted up here. You've got a gift; we are privileged that you share it with us!

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Wow

This was everything I could have hoped for as a final chapter for Venlen and Laiyla. THANK YOU for finishing this story--it is so agonizing when good stories are left unfinished here, and we never know what happens to the characters. I am so happy you wrote this story, it was wonderful--the characters, the world building, the relationship development--everything.

And I would LOVE it if you wrote about Adrika and Killian when you are able to.

DaniellaxmjtsDaniellaxmjtsover 5 years ago
Much better

Than the previous written version of this chapter. You are a gifted writer and it shows in this much improved and welcome continuation of the story. It isn’t really the end. Venlen must save his daughter from the evil king of the south and prevent history from repeating itself. I hope the story finds she has siblings and not an only child...

Please continue this story sooner than later.

Ellienora35Ellienora35over 5 years ago
Loved this ending

A completely HEA wouldn’t have worked, but the codependent relationship is amazing! Now I am ready to read Andrika’s story! YAY! Truly amazing.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago

Please please please write their story too!!

Namaste9Namaste9over 5 years ago
The next saga

Maybe Kill's intention is to keep her captive as a brood mare so to speak to take over claim to the known world through her lineage. It's the ultimate stamp of domination over her father and all he holds dear. But of course a war starts and her father takes off to save her while secretly her mother ends up saving the day via her own attack and magic. Ri of course is able to combine her magic with her mother after a certain proximity and together they take Kill down. Her father's army finishes them off.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 5 years ago
Withheld comment until now, while it is all there and fresh in my mind...

...I want to thank you for this story.

For several chapters, I railed internally against the excess of brutality, as if it was the story, rather than a component of the characters and their stories. I detest the sinking feeling of helplessness of the character-victims of abundant brutality in stories that have much of it.

Then it became clear that you had successfully engaged me in the story and the characters as people.

I can honestly say I loved it!

Now, damn you, I’m looking forward to Adrika’s story...but sincerely hope this cliff- hanger you’ve laid at our feet will turn interesting, rather than brutal and tragic. I would love to see her manifest some amazing something that stops the dark creature dead in its tracks and puts Killian on his butt, dirtying his diaper, while whimpering and sucking his thumb.

While not likely, it is a fun wish.

I have only ever given three fives. Yours is now my fourth.

While I continue to be constrained in anonymity, I still try to offer useful commentary.

I haven’t done that in this case, as I stumbled onto the other story first and picked this up when I met the end of your progress to date. As a first story, it is almost singular in how it captured my attention, interest, curiosity and frustration. All good stories do, but they are rare as haloed moons. Yes, there were issues and anomalies, conflicts and contradictions, but those are small and widely enough distributed to be a small part of the experience.

Thank you!

Please continue and I look forward to the completion of your second story, as well as the early chapters of Adrika’s story.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 5 years ago

This story was so difficult to read. I felt so deeply for Laiyla, but the ending was perfect for everything that had happened to her. It was more satisfying to me to see Venlen this way than dead (although I deeply wanted him to die.) This seemed like a more realistic ending for a middle age fantasy story. This was such an excellent and gripping story; so much more than simple erotica. Thank you.

bloodandsandbloodandsandabout 5 years ago
Keep going

Ignore the haters. Your stories have that delicious push and pull. This is also a take on time gone by when men weren't all about being woke and all sensitive. A time when men may not be all soft but lurking under the hard layer is love. I am glad their is a writer willing to be daring and not try to sugar coat things when they don't need sugar coating. Keep up the good work. I am in love with both of your stories and can't wait for more. As for the haters why are you reading this category. Go to Romance section or something. Good Grief!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 5 years ago
Absolutely loved it

Excellent writing well done!!!

MissedLifeMissedLifeabout 5 years ago
Fascinating story

Just reread from the beginning after seeing the final chapter was posted. Enjoyed even more than the first time as I developed an even better visual of Layla and Venlen. Love a strong female lead with intelligence and beauty. You did an excellent job of conveying each character and especially with the image created of Damien. Every section that Damien was present, evil filled the setting and his image was burned into my mind. The torture he inflicted on Layla was chilling and left me thinking Venlen was a saint compared to Damien.

The final chapter could be considered a HEA just because there truly is no such thing as a perfect HEA only a 'good as it gets'. Layla and Venlen both made concession in order to let Adrika grow up with two parents who love and adore her. That is the best ending for their story.

I definitely would love to see you go on with Adrika and Killian. Hopefully there can be a few sections flashing back to Kayla and Venlen as it seems there were some questions left unanswered. Please continue with their story and keep Adrka as strong and independent as her mother.

Looking forward to reading many more stories from you. Your writing is incredible.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 5 years ago
Just wonderful

What a great story! Really enjoyed it and glad you kept Venlen dark-he was an army man, a killer, he was never going to back down. And over time, through experiences Laiyla's affections grew (although not too soon!). Please don't listen to any criticism regarding the actual story, it was excellent and I look forward to the sequel!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 5 years ago
Excellent

Very very fine read, could not stop until I finished it all and now I wish, there was more. Would love a continued story about their daughter.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 5 years ago
I had a silly thought

Thank you, for this amazing story. I feel like you cut an honest bargain with us. Nineteen years on they are alive, they're a family, and they're still human (in the lower case "h" kind of way). Their daughter is blossoming into adulthood. She's not a bloodied refugee praying that adulthood will arm her in time.

My very minor idea was that "Damien gets his way - almost" could be titled "Damien has it his way". (As in the phrase "fine, fine, have it YOUR way") The idea just kind of presented itself unsummoned, but I thought it might be interesting. Whatever Damien does or gets (and I'm pretty fond of what he does end up getting) please keep writing and consider telling us a bit about what transpired over 19 years? I do not think Ven or Laiyla could stick to being boring for even half that long a time. (As dearly as they might wish to)

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 5 years ago
Amazing, please continue.

I enjoyed this short story as much as some of my favorite books, please continue the story with the daughter, if for nothing else then my sanity!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 5 years ago
Sweet

Continue the story of adrika, I am waiting.

SkyeGSkyeGover 4 years ago
Soooo Good!

I almost yelled out to my husband (who has NO idea about my little Literotica thang), “I’m reading a great book!” I know there are many excellent and frequently published writers here, but you are certainly one of the best. You “took me away”, and I often found myself wondering how people were “doing” for a moment before I remembered they were characters in your story. Bravo!

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Anxious for a sequel

Reading the beginning of the chapter and how the baby was powerful, I immediately thought about how nice it would be to read about her adventures and maybe even her love story. So it came as a very fulfilling surprise to see this 19 years after little snippet. I'm absolutely enthralled by your writing!!! It's so much better than some published works because you toe so very gracefully the fine line between somewhat dark themes and outright frustrating and just plain bad story plotting. The characters, the writing, the plot, everything is cohesive and a sheer delight to read. I'm looking forward to the continuation of this project! Good job! ❤️

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Need sequel

Such an amazing series. Need sequel ASAP. Can't wait. Amazing writing!

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
The prophecy?

I’m still so curious about the little hints along this story that Laiyla and Venlen has a prophecy about them, that they might have known each other before and been on good terms. Eila said they’d have to find their way back to each other! This was a good story though. :)

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

You’re a great writer! Thank you for this story! I think if you expand on it/ build more of the world, you would end up with a couple of amazing books. I’d buy them and I’m sure they would do well on Amazon. Can’t wait to read what else you write. :)

SouthernElleSouthernElle12 months ago

Please, please please write Adrika and Killian's story?!?

SheymanSheyman8 months ago

I don't think I would be interested in reading a story about a girl supposed to be powerful who knows she is in danger from enemies leave her guarda because of a boy. As for me she is dead.

Thanks for a wonderful story on the fae and the moon prince.

AnonymousAnonymous8 months ago

Absolutely amazing. Love the complex and continued struggle between loyalties, good and evil. They're all scattered along a spectrum, so less evil is better than more evil, even though that's not Walt Disney. Venlen is a brilliantly crafted character, less evil than many and many aspects good. Love him and hate him, but without him there's no worthwhile story.

In the preamble to Fatal Alignment 2 you suggested you might re-write Venlen. In my opinion, that would be a big mistake and kill much that makes this series outstanding. Unless you've got a contract with Disney.

Strand

AnonymousAnonymous6 months ago

Hello, in a chapter Venlen kept saying to Laiyla that she’s been his for longer than she realised. This never gets revealed? What does he mean? Is there more to this?

Whitley4343Whitley43435 months ago

Great story! Loved it. There was a chapter where Venlen was alluding to a story or it seemed almost like a prophecy, that was never fully disclosed. I could be wrong but i thought it was something from a book....now I gotta go back and look...lol

Whitley4343Whitley43435 months ago

(this is a comment in addition to my first comment)

In chatpter 4, page 3 Venlen referenced a old book called testimony of the guardians. It was never brought up again or talked about again. He stated that he would give her the book when she was ready to learn about how her and his fates were destined to cross. I'm super curious about that!

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userReckingBall@ReckingBall
799 Followers
"Don't tell me the moon is shining; show me the glint of the light on broken glass." -Anton Chekhov

READ MORE OF THIS SERIES

The Seeker Ch. 08 Previous Part
The Seeker Series Info