The Seeker Ch. 09 - Final

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"Sorry," she mumbled, "I thought you were someone else."

"Patrick." His voice was deep and melodic and sent a shiver up and down her rigidly straightened spine. The name was a statement, the implications of which were terrible and impossible, and an invisible hand gripped her throat and constricted her airway. His smile deepened at the look of horror on her heart shaped face. She struggled to find her voice, her mind struggling to make sense of her best friend's name on this stranger's lips.

"Who are you?" she croaked, and found herself crouched into a defensive stance, her hand itching and already seeking out her mother's dagger of its own accord. She had to get out of here, she had to find Patrick before it was too late. If her father's men weren't too far behind, she could backtrack enough to get to them and -

"We have a lot to discuss, Adrika," the man murmured lazily, his strangely colored eyes dropping to her mouth. "We'll talk on the way. Come." The man had the audacity to hold out a massive hand, and Laiyla noticed another thick scar cutting across his palm.

Adrika snarled at the proffered appendage and took a step back. "I'm not going anywhere with you," she hissed. "Where's Patrick? Who are you?"

The stranger chuckled. "My name is Killian. Patrick is safe... For now."

Icy fire flicked at her skin, understanding buried so close to the surface she could almost touch it. "For now?" she asked tentatively, just as an awful, dread-inducing whirring sound came from behind her. Out of the corner of her eye, she saw a large, dark creature, crouched on all fours, ready to pounce.

Killian's smile deepened. His nearly-pink eyes darkened. Understanding slammed into her. The creature stepped closer. Adrika stood frozen, white hot terror ripping through to her core.

She knew who this man was. She had heard her father talk angrily about him to her uncle Amlen.

This was Prince Killian, Kill for short. Dark rumors claimed the man lived up to his name with deadly accuracy. Eldest son of King Jax, heir to the throne of Karmora.

Land of the South. Home of the dark creatures.

Prevaria's greatest enemy.

Adrika's palm curled around the hilt of her mother's dagger. Her defensive crouch deepened, eyes hardened, jaw set.

Ready to die, the halfling pounced.

*****

Dear readers, I can't thank you enough for following me all the way to the bitter end. I hope the end of Laiyla and Venlen's story provided sufficient closure, although I decided not to give them a perfect HAE. I would like to focus on finishing my second story, so if you've begun to follow Ivy and Hunter, you can look forward to many additional chapters.

I do plan to come back to Adrika and Killian, although I'd like your feedback on the start of their story and if you'd even be interested in hearing more from them. I really am so grateful for everyone who took the time to read this story through to the end. Everyone who provided me with feedback throughout the way helped me develop and shape this story. As it was my first, it wasn't perfect. If I ever end up turning this into an e-book, I plan to change a few things, but have loved every second of this.

As always, and truly, thank you for reading.