All Comments on 'The Selkie Ch. 04'

by LesbianChickLit

Sort by:
  • 8 Comments
JennyShiu1994JennyShiu1994about 5 years ago
Love this story

and your writing generally. Thank you for the new chapter.

MaonaighMaonaighabout 5 years ago
Welcome back, Aud

Funny, it's only a couple of days ago I was wondering if we'd ever see any more of this story. Welcome back, Aud, and your amanuensis LCL. This is a very enjoyable fantasy tale and I hope we don't have to wait eighteen months for the next chapter (hint, hint). I caught your reference to "Carmilla", one of the Victorian era vampire masterpieces (many of your younger readers might miss this---Sheridan Le Fanu is probably long-forgotten). The story is certainly worth more than five stars but here they are!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 5 years ago

yay another chapter . awesome , thank you for this installment - i have been hooked from the start . of course i'm eager to read more . thank you again .

AnonymousAnonymousabout 5 years ago
Welcome Back!

This is my favorite series from you and I have been a fan of it since you started it years ago. I do hope you can provide the next installment soon. Thank you for this very interesting and wonderful story.

petulantsubpetulantsubabout 5 years ago
Love it

Absolutely delighted to see another chapter of this. I always cling to the hope. Thank you!

NighttymstoriesNighttymstoriesabout 5 years ago
Thank you

Thank you, Thank you , Thank you and Thank you for continuing this wonderful story. Oh and did I say thank you?

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 5 years ago
best chapter of first 3 from design perspective

Bravo. The back story was very interesting. I don't even recall if there was sex...skimmed through it if there was. You had me at Selkie on the run and possible vampire romance (although she hates being a dairy cow). Clearly she's telling this story from the future as you have hinted.

Wonderful job at providing the psychological perspective of her managing other people, say in Greece. Character psychology will make a story compelling and interesting, (must be done accurately). Lack of this element produces cardboard cutout characters.

The Vampire is too powerful, able to hear conversations through doors. While that may be a flash reveal, now it makes her all the more difficult to fool. Super heroes are really boring when it comes down to it due to the lack of stakes. Batman is much more interesting than Superman because the bat can die, be hurt. Superman is just boring and usually an idiot (anyone who looks the other way at the organized hidden hand manipulating the world is really dense--especially when they could end it).

Looking forward to more!

germanchocolate4ugermanchocolate4ualmost 5 years ago
Cheers!

Here's to another beautifully written chapter. Full of (the) chase, adventure, and the mythical. The Selkie is quite the storybook and would make a wonderful novel worth paying for. LesbianChickLit - a job supreme

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userLesbianChickLit@LesbianChickLit
Looking for beta readers for drafts of new Arete chapters (different narrator, not Taiglox) in revision. If you've time to read and lend a critical eye, please let me know?

READ MORE OF THIS SERIES