All Comments on 'The Shack: An Unstoppable Man'

by Todd172

Sort by:
  • 456 Comments
Boyd PercyBoyd Percyalmost 3 years ago

They keep on getting better! I know N&D are team but maybe they could work with Spooky and Pogo and the others sometime.

5

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

As usual, a top-shelf story, excellently written. Well done. Thanks for posting.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

Wish I could give it a 10.

WhackdoodleWhackdoodlealmost 3 years ago

No sex and to be honest, I didn’t miss it!

Your characters, your heroes, even your protagonists were compelling and engaging.

This could be a series and I would buy it.

Well done!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

Wow!!!!! Loved every thrilling word of it 😍

dantrondantronalmost 3 years ago

So glad to see another Needles and Delaney story!

AZTT2AZTT2almost 3 years ago

Outstanding story as usual

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

Wow! Always good to see another Needles and Delaney story (or really any story) from Todd172. Such a great update to the story.

Thank you!

Even better is that we can now buy a book about Needles and Delaney and offer something for the time you and the Missus put into these stories.

The fact you continue to share your writing with us on Lit for free is amazing! Thank you!

C

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

The movie will never be as good as the series, a fantastic read, thank you.

steeltiger01steeltiger01almost 3 years ago

My compliments to you & the Missus. This is an amazing addition to the story. You give us great and interesting characters, plots and backstories, and man, I'm edge-of-my-seat with this! (And with waiting for 'Milk Run')

Adding this on top of the novel is like ice cream with my cake!

Thank you for sharing your talents with us!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

Mate, the Needles and Thug Bunny series are the best reads currently on the ‘net! Keep them coming.

retread2retread2almost 3 years ago

Thank you, been watching for it! Great addition to the Needles and Delaney saga!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

Ok ... now you've wetted the appetite ... Spooky with the girls - where is that going to go ? ... and as soon as you bought Mac & Tess in with Delaney did make me wonder when Jinxy was going to turn up - does the world have someone dumb enough to piss off the four horsewomen of the apocalypse ...

Regards to the missus - we all need a good woman to stop us doing something reeeaaallly stupid.

MisterMordinMisterMordinalmost 3 years ago

Absolutely brilliant! Delaney is becoming one of Todd's most interesting characters and likely to tie many of The Shacks other reprobate and rejects closer together. Todd and The Missus write a hell of an enjoyable story. I would give this a six if was possible. Great work,thanks.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

AWESOME AWESOME!!!!! thanks again

texquilltexquillalmost 3 years ago

Wow - two new releases in a week! My addiction is (almost) fulfilled! Thanks to y'all for sharing another example of what makes the internet worthwhile. This is another 5-star story.

tazz317tazz317almost 3 years ago
DELANEY, DANNI, SPOOKI, WENDY, DONNA

with these 5 ladies the author has about 50 plus years of tales to publish. TK U MLJ LV NV

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

I was so happy to see another Needles and Delaney story pop up. I just knew I would be laughing at the sheriff praying for patience while Needles and Delaney explained why they had to kill another person. And now you have Delaney being introduced to Spooky?! That right there is a story that I am really chomping at the bit to see. Great job as always and I can't wait for the next one.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

This isn't just literotica. It's great literature. About the Needles And Delaney book. Is there going to be a print version?

TLB1981TLB1981almost 3 years ago

MAYBE NEEDLES CAN TAKE A VACATION AND TAKE THEM TO MEET HIS OLD UNIT.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

Your best yet. I loved the dialog and interplay between the characters. Thank you so much for sharing.

If it’s possible to answer, do you get more revenue from a physical book or kindle? I will be getting your book and want to know what way rewards your efforts best.

Lord_GroLord_Groalmost 3 years ago

I just keep thinking about what would happen if Kurt or Katie happened to accidentally mention to Spooky that people are trying to kill Delaney. Spooky is, after all, just a *little* possessive about people she thinks of as friends.

tangledweedtangledweedalmost 3 years ago

Easily a five star rating and worth an addition to the favorite's list. I don't think the grin left my face through all eleven pages. Delaney has made my short list of all time favorite fictional characters now and I was happy to see Todd172 stretch this chapter out more than usual. More mayhem, laughs and tacos for everyone.

Seriously, though, if Delaney's stories were pitched in the YA marketplace, with a book or two, Mr. and Mrs. Todd172 would be able to retire and sip Mojitos full time on the beach. Give that audience something to sink their teeth into besides the never ending parade of vampires and wizards storylines.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

Oh My God

A Todd172 and QHML1 story coming out on the same day!!! Reminds me of the glory days when Rehnquist and DQS were dueling and trading barbs with each other.

Thank you Todd for another Shack story. I marvel at the way you develop your dialogue amongst your characters. It is a constant entertainment and laughs. Great job.

Doc

JonJacJonJacalmost 3 years ago

Amazing and awesome. Please keep writing.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

Oh my god . You're going to turn camp mayhem loose with spooky . I need to invest in survival bunkers

hawken50chawken50calmost 3 years ago

Incredible story can’t wait for the next - great work as always

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

As usual from Todd172 - SUPERB!!

Lector77Lector77almost 3 years ago

Thanks to both of you. Fine storytelling.

DontPanic442DontPanic442almost 3 years ago

Amazing one again. I have read all four Needles and Delaney stories multiple times. To show my appreciation and support, I just purchased the Kindle version.

cordialddcordialddalmost 3 years ago

Better than watching a movie. Every scene paints a picture. Your "work" is top-notch; it's easy to see the hours of editing probably outnumber the hours of composition. Many, many thanks for sharing your team's talents.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

Love these stories. Delaney and Jinxy need to meet. Maybe in a novel?

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

You have made Needles and Delany into comedy rock stars! The interaction between the 2 and any poor unsuspecting fool in the middle hilarious. I laughed through half of it. The other parts of the story are sometimes spell binding, tender and in some, very few, cases predictable. With that said I enjoy most of your stories but always look forward to this series.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

Todd and Mrs. Todd are so amazing. I never have a bad thing to say and you all know what kind of an opinionated bitch I am. -starsong77

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

A work of genius.

Longhorn__07Longhorn__07almost 3 years ago

Outstanding story. Stories posted today by two of the finest writers ever. This is one of them.

lukeshortlukeshortalmost 3 years ago
Normal for Todd172

Just an normal great Todd172 story. One of the best on this site by other standards. Most of us who read your stories hold you to a very high standard. You have yet to disappoint with a "clunker". Need more than 5*.

tennmactennmacalmost 3 years ago

A new story from Todd172 means it’s going to be a good day. If it’s a Shack story it’s going to be a great day. If it’s a Needles and Delaney story it’s going to be the best kind of day.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago
Outstanding

Great work. You know you’re onto something awesome, when people are waiting for your next story .

And we ALWAYS wait for your next !

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

Was having a crap day until I saw there was a new Needles and Delaney story...the sun came out! Buying the book on Amazon, and hope you have a chance to do the same for the other Shack stories. Thank you!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

Awesome job! This was an amazing piece. Thanks for the time and effort, it is certainly a joy to read.

JayDiverJayDiveralmost 3 years ago

Perfect.

A long Shack story is a perfect attitude adjustment for this morning. Thanks for the story, five stars.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

Charlotte should have gone to the bottom of a deep hole a long time ago.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

Awesome

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

Love it and looking forward to more!

What is your suggested trading order for all of the Shack series?

SimpleGuySquaredSimpleGuySquaredalmost 3 years ago

Needles and Delaney stories always grab my attention from beginning to end. And they are always a true delight. You craft well told stories, believable characters, and suspense, with cause and effect that neatly wrap up the tale.

Thank you.

Enigma255Enigma255almost 3 years ago

AMAZING. Todd172 never fails to impress!

bagmanstevebagmanstevealmost 3 years ago

Can’t wait for the next! As always perfect.

RussLandDutchRussLandDutchalmost 3 years ago

Story was great, as usual; just finished reading it and I'm starting on my second read. Looking forward to more stories coming down the pipe. Just wondering - is Team One (see "Learning the Smuggler's Blues") ever going to have a "working" reunion, even if it is just temporary?

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

This is the best series on the site. I read a lot and Needles and Delaney are hands down my two favorite characters hands down!

gatorhermitgatorhermitalmost 3 years ago
Excellent Addition to the Series

Amazing twists and turns in this one. And the evil bitch is a senator... wow.

jaythemanjaythemanalmost 3 years ago

I read about 2 pages and I couldn't get into it. There was not enough character development early and I just did not care enough to read another page.

Gibbo68mustangGibbo68mustangalmost 3 years ago

As usual, a great story about 2 of my favourite characters from your world. Looking forward to Jinxy! Keep it up.

IcarusascendingIcarusascendingalmost 3 years ago

This is seriously one of the best and most entertaining series on this site. I'd love to see some crossover with more of the other assorted characters like Spooky, Monster, Ex, Grease and the rest, but I'm sure you have something planned.

BoybossBoybossalmost 3 years ago

I need me my own Thugbunny. Outstanding as always.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

It was awesome, have been waiting to see more from Todd. He and the Missus are great writers, have read all of the Shack stories multiple times. Also bought the Needles and Delaney story from Amazon, loved the additions.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

Was really missing the Shack! More please!

BuzzCzarBuzzCzaralmost 3 years ago

My expectations of a Todd172 story aren't fair. I know it but fuck it, that's just the way it is. The bar is really, really high and it's met every single time. Needles, Sheree & Delaney are a special trio. Thank you and the missus so much for the pleasure you've given us. Needless to say but 5*.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

Oh dear, what’s wrong with me? Found the whole thing too boring. Sorry. Must be me.

Freddog6601Freddog6601almost 3 years ago

Another outstanding story from one the best authors on this site.

helix247helix247almost 3 years ago

Delaney needs to fire Tara as her lawyer. There is no way, in any U.S. jurisdiction, to hide the full terms of a trust from a vested beneficiary. Tara either failed to obtain the full trust document or failed to understand it when she did.

Hopefully, future installments of Needles and Delaney will not recycle the same idea of a kind of greed-engendered Hunger Games recurring every four years. There are more inventive ways of finding lethal adversaries.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago
Thank you, thank you

A great story, love the characters and their development. Please continue with this series, I revel in each episode and will read and re read them for along time to come.

Love all Shack related stories and am very pleased that the players are sharing in each others lives and adventures. Thanks.

drif10drif10almost 3 years ago

Loved the story. After re-reading the previous 3, and then reading the anthology version from Amazon, it was great to get this one too.

Great characters with a lot of depth and room to grow. Looking forward to the next one.

WretchedMonkeyWretchedMonkeyalmost 3 years ago

I loved this and have been loving the previous instalments of 'Needles and Delaney'. I think they have the best back and forth chemistry of most stories I've read, it reads like an old comedy double act but with a slightly macabre twist. Of course you do bring to the fore the emotional element occasionally but it's dealt with like the truly emotionally stunted characters would. Great characters and enjoyable stories and I can only see more ridiculous situations for them all.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

What can I say other than these stories just flow. They bring back memories and I laugh a lot. Thank you and more, more, more!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

10 stars - 12, 15, whatever.

5 is NOT enough.

I was wondering when Delany would meet Aunt Spooky.

bruce22bruce22almost 3 years ago

Great story. Strong characters. Even Billy was fascinating.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

Fantastic writing with great, fun characters. Well done.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

You and these stories are INCREDIBLE. Really hope you continue.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

can't wait for the next

BigDchefBigDchefalmost 3 years ago

Princess Glitter sparkle just gets better buy the chapter

AnyMooseAnyMoosealmost 3 years ago

Read "Needles & Delaney" yesterday (BTW, I would've paid $4.95 in a heartbeat) and then this shows up today; BEST WEEK EVER!

Looking forward to reading whatever you and the Missus put up next; can't wait!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

Amazing, per usual. “The Shack” series continues to be among my favorites. Thanks to you and the Mrs for your efforts. Looking forward to the next installment!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

Loved it. All the "Shack" stories are good. Keep them coming.

LakeeriegoatguyLakeeriegoatguyalmost 3 years ago

Writing this good is worth waiting for...

THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!!!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

thank you, thank you, thank you. never stop.

Wingwang50Wingwang50almost 3 years ago

Great writing and a great series. Keep the series going as there are so many possibility’s.

AtemporaldualityAtemporaldualityalmost 3 years ago

I just came to the website and saw that this story had been posted.

I starred at the screen not believing it was true….

I am so excited.

I haven’t read one word.

But I literally just came to the last page going, yes!

11 pages!

I know that sounds like weird, but I’m serious Todd172 and his wife should be making comic novelisation or teenage book series out of these characters.

They are that good. I feel like a thief not paying for these, when I pay for lesser works so frequently.

Anyway, I have to go out and get supplies. tacos. Chips and dip. Some bourbon. Dog must go for a fast-walk.

I’ll be back...

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

Not to go all commercial on you but my daughter could use a Thugbunny T-shirt....as could my wife.

DrtywrdsmithDrtywrdsmithalmost 3 years ago

Loved it! The banter is hilarious I laughed bout loud several times.

shelleycat1shelleycat1almost 3 years ago

Loved the story, thank you and your Missus. And an anthology on Amazon - definitely going to get it.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

This has to be the best series on this site.

Regguy69Regguy69almost 3 years ago

Love your work! You and your wife are a spectacular team. It’s always a great day when a see you’ve posted a story. Thanks for the entertainment!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

Great work. Would love to see Jinxy again but also would like to hear about Daphne, Nicco, Tony & Dad.

JDDRIVERJDDRIVERalmost 3 years ago

One of my favorite authors! I really enjoy this series and am waiting on the next release!!!

DraganDraganalmost 3 years ago

I just had to finish it before going to bed. It's 2 am around here, but it's worthy :-)

Demosthenes384bcDemosthenes384bcalmost 3 years ago

The action genre you write in is my go-to when I buy books. To get to read great stories like yours on this site in the LW genre is unbelievable. To get a story posted by you AND Q on the same day is like winning the literary lottery here. I really can't come up with any criticisms at any level on this one - thanks for the work you all do. 5+*

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago
Best Ever!

Thank you so much! When I see one of your stories in the NEW index, I drop whatever I'm doing, and start reading. You and your spouse are consistently the best story writers on this site! Thank you again!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

Great story! looking forward to many more adventures. Please hurry.

jocko_smithjocko_smithalmost 3 years ago

Terrific story, and I got the eBook for my own Missus already. But I might suggest for this particular story you more strongly suggest FIRST-time readers start with the earlier Needles & Delaney entries. For those of us fans - and how I am one -- we don't notice, but I thought that this one lacked exposition that would have improved the experience.

That's not a serious criticism, frankly FANATICS like me don't want nor do we need to review the backstory of N&D and the rest. Getting to the "meat" of the story ASAP is terrific. But if I put myself in the persona of a first-time reader of N&D fiction, I think I'd be better served if you said up front "read the first entry in the series at least before tackling this one. In fact, if you like the first one, reading them in order will increase your enjoyment."

A lot of your work is very stand-alone. But re-reading this one, I'm not sure sure it stands on its own as well. At least as compared to having more exposition.

That said, LOVED IT!

dceverdceveralmost 3 years ago

Awesome! Thank You! I just bought the Needles and Delaney Kindle book. I have been a fan for years. Your stories are like watching a documentary, the characters are so life like. I would definitely go see the movies, except no one can play Delaney.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

Great story can't wait for the next one

texstertexsteralmost 3 years ago
Fantastic! Also - a few thoughts.

First and foremost, fantastic entry in one of the most compelling series going. I can see why Needles & Delaney get so many chapters - they are compelling characters and you write them with a wonderful mix of macabre humor and consequential situations.

So, with the well-deserved praise, I hope you’ll allow for a couple of observations. While the ending was a bit for fun, I think it’s asking a lot to believe that the governor would Charlotte to an open Senate seat, given her history plus the governor’s wife’s distrust. That’s too much baggage for such a high-profile appointment.

Second - For a group as connected to the intelligence network as this, there’s no way they would have been locked out of the trust information - any number of their connections could have pulled that info, either legally or extrajudicially. After the shots at Delaney in the truck, surely they would have reached out and circled the wagons with someone, wouldn’t they? I could be wrong, but for me it stood out.

Thanks again, and know that the above certainly didn’t deter me from reading the whole story in one sitting, nor will it keep me from eagerly awaiting future installments, just wanted to provide the feedback in case it helps with future developments.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

This series should be printed and sold online or in Book Stores. This story just opened the door to a ton of possibilities for more stories for you. Maybe let the Ex get into Politics a little more and then leak out some info on some of her previous extracurricular activities. Outstanding series of stories.

shadowjack17shadowjack17almost 3 years ago

Okay, gang...ease up on the nitpicking. The team are clearly very well versed in military activities, and speaking as a medic my ownself, I never really troubled much to read the law. This is fabulous stuff--notice the ratings and how it's always right at the edge if not in the "top" list? Plus it's fun to read. It's always the very first author(s) I read when one is posted. Seriously nice touch with the age thing and loved seeing Her Spookiness again even in a cameo.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

I can't explain how happy I was when I saw you'd posted another story . . . and 11 pages too. Great. It's my 29th anniversary though and I think my wife is getting pissed off because I'm at mu computer, reading. 5 *s

RTguyRTguyalmost 3 years ago

This story along with the rest of the shack stories is among my favorites. Can't wait to read the rest of the series

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userTodd172@Todd172
I write my stories to relieve the population pressure. Too many people banging around in there and the only way to get them out is to write them out. There's a bitter ex-Navy Master Chief living next to a quietly desperate tarnished Russian angel, who is trying to keep her sou...