The Shade of Night

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
Darlantan
Darlantan
136 Followers

Farrier was staring at Bridget in anticipation, and blinked, then turned back to his hired assassin. "What?" Shade shrugged, and Bridget felt adrenaline begin to pump through her veins as Shade's icy gaze settled on her.

"I think the reason you were willing to pay me so much is because you think I'll never get out of here alive. So I'm forced to re-negotiate." The gangster looked down at Bridget, then up at Michel, standing next to her. His lips twisted into a snarl.

"Kill them both!" Shade spun on his heel, kicking the throat out of the first guard near him, and quickly putting two slugs through Michel's head and throat. His other hand snaked around and grabbed his other pistol, and the warehouse suddenly filled with the sound of gunfire.

Shade tackled the screaming Bridget while squeezing off a few shots in Farrier's general direction. Another thug slammed into him, burying a knife hilt deep into the assassin's ribs, but the man hardly paused, swinging around and firing point blank through the thug's eye. More gunshots followed the first, and the corpse on top of them shuddered as it shielded them from the bullets.

Shade took a deep breath and held it, then kicked the dead weight off of his chest, and cried out as the blade snagged on the man's shirt. Shade drew it out quickly and threw it, the blade twisting through the air to land solidly on the last standing thug's tie, pinning both it and the thug to the pillar behind him. Shade swung his arm around and slid a fresh clip into the chamber as Farrier stepped up, holding his pistol to Bridget's head.

"Kill me, and she dies first!" The assassin chuckled, and pressed a hand to his side, trying to stem the flow of blood.

"Silly little gangster. You're too close. Bridget could kill you from here. We're three feet from each other. By the time you raise your gun to hit me, you're dead. And you're well within range for the vermillion line to be effective."

Confusion bent Danny Farrier's features for a split second, more than enough time for Nightshade to fire. Bridget screamed as the gun went off, and then whimpered as her former lover slumped to the ground, his finger still poised above the trigger. Shade leant forwards and spat on him, then took another deep breath and leant down to help Bridget up. She looked at his pale features and ducked under his other arm, trying to support some of his weight.

"I thought the Helsinki thing meant I was supposed to act weird for YOUR affections." Shade laughed then, and winced, holding his side.

"I told you I don't do well with people." Bridget looked around them, and they began to make their way to the door.

"Oh, you're a regular charmer, that's for sure. I guess I should say thank you. Would you settle for what the fuck what that about?" Her hair fell from the nape of her neck to cross his face, and the smell of apricots enshrouded his face.

"Apricots. You need to change your shampoo. Apparently stone fruit does strange things to a man." Bridget scoffed as she opened the back door to the car again, and gently laid him down onto the smooth leather.

"I've gotta get you outta here." Shade laughed weakly.

"Now this is a total turn around, huh? Things have gone from bone to fuck to worse in the last fifteen minutes. Where we going?" Bridget smoothed the dark hair back off his sweat-covered forehead, and smiled.

"Definitely not to the hospital, right?" Shade reached up and snagged her hand in a lightening fast move.

"Apricots, a smile like that...I'm already dead, aren't I?" Bridget smiled again, and Shade laid his head back onto the leather weakly. "When I see you smile..." His voice faded as the darkness closed in.

***

There was a voice through the foggy haze, and Shade struggled though it. He could hear an angelic voice, soft, sweet. The scent of apricots enfolded him, and he sighed. He heard the voice, questioning, and strained to hear it. "What's your name?" Shade leant back. His name. He'd been Nightshade, a cold and calculating killer for his entire adult life. What was his real name? Like the thought of a ghost, a name flitted just beyond his reach for a long moment.

"Culann. My name is Culann." He felt strangely satisfied with that, and looked about him for the approval of whoever had spoken, but there was nothing but the fog. There was something throbbing just above him, and slowly Shade came to realize it was a headache. His breathing was slow, and steady, and felt tight around his ribs.

After a moment, the soft light of candles came to him, and he relaxed, thinking he was home. He felt a hand slide soothingly up his jaw line to cup his mouth, holding it open as someone poured cool water down his throat. He drank thirstily.

"It's not a Brazillian root, but it helps with cramps." Shade's eyes shot open, and the whole evening came rushing back to him; kidnapping Bridget Moynahan, driving her to see her ex boyfriend, the shootout, the knife... He looked down at his waist, but it was covered by a blanket. Near panic, he threw the blanket off, and stared at the blood soaked patch over his right ribs.

He studied the bandage for a moment before realizing he was also without any other clothing whatsoever, and darkened in embarrassment. Bridget handed him the blanket back wordlessly, and he covered himself again. It took a long moment before he looked at her.

"This must be a hoot for you. Cold blooded assassin comes to kidnap you, and then gets into a gunfight over apricots and gets knifed, then winds up on your couch. That's about a zillion dollars on Oprah, that one." He tried a smile, and found he liked it. Bridget frowned.

"Despite the birth of your sense of humour, it's hardly the time for that. You need a doctor. You were raving, Culann." The assassin stared at her for a long moment, then sank back into the pillows.

"I thought I was dreaming. And I guess I owe you my life." The tall actress smiled slightly and dabbed at his forehead.

"One, you're more than welcome, in fact, I think we're even. Despite the fact that you brought me there, you fought our way out, too. It's been all over the news. The cops think it was a rival gang, not a single man. Two, I don't think I'm going to be telling anyone about this. It's not exactly public relations smart to advertise the fact that you used to be a gangster's concubine."

Shade laughed again and felt the wound tug, but hold. He was feeling stronger already. "And three?" Bridget gestured around them. "Three is, I refuse to call you Shade when you have a real name, and you're not on my couch." He was lying in her hotel bed. Shade's head slumped down into the cushions.

"Great. Some bad ass killer I turned out to be." Bridget shook her head.

"Nightshade, Shade, Culann, whatever your name is. You saved my life. You're more a life saver than taker." She leant in quickly and kissed him. It was only quick, and innocent, but Shade snagged her hand. They stared at each other for another moment, then Bridget leant down and kissed him again. This time, the kiss was anything but innocent.

It felt like a lingering caress, and both of them felt the kiss deepen into something more. Shade leant back, but kept her hand in his. He cleared his throat, and found to his annoyance that he stuttered from nervousness. "I'm...uh...not good with people."

Bridget smiled gently. "I'm not people. I'm me." Shade blinked, and looked uncertain.

"I've never done this before." His voice was almost silent, and Bridget finished his thought with another lingering kiss as she slowly peeled off her bra, and snaked her arms around his neck.

"Shh, it's okay, Shade. It's okay." The assassin smiled slowly.

"Culann. My name's Culann Jacobs." Bridget smiled as she slid between the sheets on the bed, her hands resting gently on Culann's chest. They kissed again, their lips joining in a searingly passionate lock. Culann's hands began to roam over Bridget's body, caressing and touching, hardly believing what was happening.

Bridget sighed as his lips trailed down her collarbone, leaving a wake of sensual fire. His tentative motions made the entire experience something different; there was a wonder, a kind of ethereal majesty to his nervousness. He truly felt and wanted to experience her totally, and Bridget felt a rush of power.

Culann's hands softly cupped her chin as he kissed her again, tenderly and fully. He was savouring her in her entirety, and Bridget found that she was consumed with the aching pleasure of his worship. He tasted her, and she intoxicated him.

Bridget began to push herself against Culann's chest more urgently. With a sudden wicked grin, she pushed her hands down between them, and grasped his swelling length. Culann gave a lurch in shock, and Bridget laughed softly. He answered her mirth with a small smile of his own, and bent back down to suckle at her neck and shoulder.

Bridget's fingers began to massage Culann gently, bringing him fully erect in a matter of moments. All the while he continued his kisses and nibbles along her shoulders and collarbone, driving her insane. There was a fire in her eyes as she kissed him once more, the passion threatening to consume her. The pulses of his thick cock became more inconsistent, as the feelings she was evoking in him began to rule him, too.

Culann pressed Bridget into his chest, needing her closer. She lifted one hand to wrap around his neck as he sat up, and pushed him down towards her centre with the other. She spread herself for him, and nestled herself against the scalding hot head of his cock. They locked eyes as she slowly pushed herself onto him, and Bridget felt again that rush of power as she saw the fires of sensation racing through Culann's eyes.

Culann's lips parted as his breath suddenly rasped in his throat. His teeth clenched as he felt enfolded in her warmth. Her entrancing eyes watched him as he tried to control the roaring sensations raging through him. He swallowed hard, and leant forwards to catch one of her nipples in his mouth, but Bridget twisted and gripped him as he pulsed inside of her with each beat of his heart.

Culann blew out an explosive breath at her grip, then hugged her to his body as his hips drove upwards. Bridget's eyes were right in front of him, watching him and swallowing him more surely than her centre was. She nestled her cheek to his, and whispered in his ear.

"You have no idea how good this feels..." He gasped as she twisted atop him again, and suddenly he felt a massive surge as his cock vented itself deep within her. Bridget gasped in turn, and one of her silken legs moved over his thigh to slide around his back. She paused for a moment, catching her breath.

Culann felt his whole body hyper-sensitized, and thrust tentatively into her warmth again. Bridget gave a low moan at the sudden pressure, and fell back onto the bed, pulling him with her. His cock slipped out of her, and Culann looked down at it's glistening length. He was still very hard, and pushed against Bridget's centre again.

She spread her legs wide, welcoming him to her embrace as he slowly slid his cock inside her. Her long legs whipped around and locked behind him. "Now, faster, and harder..." He nodded wordlessly and began to drive himself deeper and deeper into her. Bridget moaned and held him tighter, her mouth open.

As his rhythm sped up, her moans turned to cries, and she began to writhe beneath him. Culann again tasted her kiss, his pistoning hips slowing as they shared one another's tastes. Culann nestled his face in the dark auburn of her long hair, and breathed in her scent. His hips lurched forwards again, and he began to drive himself further and harder inside her. He could feel the fire of her nails as she began to scratch at his back, but Culann continued his frantic pace.

Bridget screamed in pleasure as her climax thundered through her, and clamped down onto the thrusting length inside her. Culann gasped as the intensity of the sensations blossomed, and he too climaxed. He fell forwards as he gushed inside her, and Bridget smiled, her eyes closed.

They lay like that for some time, until Culann raised his head. He locked eyes with Bridget, and felt himself slowly softening in her heat. She slowly opened her eyes and they shone as surely as her smile. Culann found himself grinning idiotically. "Sorry. Did I do something wrong?" Her eyes widened, and she smiled.

"No. The only thing you'll do wrong is leave. So don't." Culann nodded, and moved off of her, but Bridget rolled onto her side, and snuggled into his broad chest. "I told you not to go. That would kind of ruin in." Culann hesitantly draped his arms across her sculpted shoulders, and found he liked the feel of her warm skin.

"I feel tired." Bridget laughed.

"That happens. Sleep. I'll still be here in the morning." Culann nodded, his eyes closing. He felt her hands running over him slowly, stroking his ribs, just above the patch. A small smile came to his face. Bridget looked up. "What?"

"I don't think the doctor would have recommended that." Bridget snuggled back into this embrace.

"So what will you do now?" Culann opened his eyes again, and stared at the ceiling. His arms tightened around her shoulders.

"Take you back home, I guess. How would you like a full time body guard?" Bridget smiled, and pressed herself against him, feeling his cock begin to harden again.

"As long as you guard ALL my body..."

Darlantan
Darlantan
136 Followers
12