All Comments on 'The Shepherd of Ashburn Court Pt. 01'

by BurntRedstone

Sort by:
  • 73 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago

Like the story, hate the cliffhanger. I know...I know. Of course there is more to the tale, but what a way to stop.

Tarheels_FanTarheels_Fanover 9 years ago
Great Start

This is a great start . I'm looking forward to the next chapters.

5 *'s

Thank you for sharing your talent

MaximguyMaximguyover 9 years ago
Great start!

I like this quite a bit. No sex, but I was still enthralled. I hope this story is updated regularly and not left incomplete.

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
Don't Keep Us Waiting ...

You have captured my interest! My desire for the next four parts you have completed is immense! I think Mr. Shepherd, should he survive his protective instincts, will be sexually exhausted soon.

Lonely_readerLonely_readerover 9 years ago
Goodie two shoes

Fits a lot :s

GriffyD_BoyGriffyD_Boyover 9 years ago

Really good start. I'm looking forward to seeing where this is going.

LustKnightLustKnightover 9 years ago
Interesting beginning...

A lot of exposition, a lot of telling instead of showing, and the main character comes across as a slightly more vulnerable Superman - just a hair too perfect in all his dealings.

Still, this is a promising beginning and other than the above mentioned clunkiness, the writing isn't bad. I've given it 4*, and I shall continue to read. Do go on.

rightbankrightbankover 8 years ago
action filled beginning

you have my curiosity.

interesting that when he gets injured it's in sets of three.

iknowwhatiknowwhatover 8 years ago

It was a close call for me after the first page if to keep reading or not, It was to much details in the beginning. But I'm glad I kept going, the last 3 pages was full of action. Looking forwards to reading the rest

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
A Good Story

This is one of the best stories, not a stroke story, but a real work of fiction, I have read on this website. There is character development, action, moral objectives and much, much more in this work.

bruce22bruce22about 8 years ago
Enjoyable Series Coming up

A lot of spade work here, but I am sure it will pay off.I admit that having so many women around could get confusing.

HarleyusaoneHarleyusaonealmost 8 years ago
Outstanding

Read on it just gets better

5/5

Hale1Hale1over 7 years ago
Rereading

When you are rereading a favorite story make sure you sign out if you want to rate the story again

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
Awesome

I love all your series and they just keep getting better

Can't wait to read latest instalments.

Glen

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
Back at the beginning

Just finished reading all of the series'. Now I'm back to the beginning to recapture the initial thrill.

T

East coast USA

ausvirgoausvirgoover 6 years ago
Great story.

This is the sort of story I love.

A quality real story first and foremost.

Mind you, I'm looking forward to the erotica side too.

SnigelsmedSnigelsmedover 6 years ago
:)

Some of my early reactions for this chapter.

"On their fifth date he asked her to marry him." (WTF? I dont know if I can continue to read this filth...[PukeFace])

"Three months later her mother passed in her sleep. It hit Wendy pretty hard but Ben was there for her and they got through it. It was a tough time but Ben felt their love was stronger for it." (Wait... There is love?? When did this happen? Ugh, hopefully this will not keep up...).

Much later... Well.. That went over much better than it started. Got real good after the intro for the rest of the intro, wich is this whole chapter. Looking forward to the rest of this series! :)

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
It's ok, some minor edits needed...

Apostrophes in wrong places: "the Wallace's and Khaleel's house". Three correct ones: "the Wallaces' and Khaleels' houses". "The Wallaces are a family". "Wallace's penis was amputated in the crash."

Not impressed with an obsession with massive schlongs and humungous tits. I'll still read further.

Lucky3Lucky3about 6 years ago
Great

Great story and I look forward to reading them all

Thanks for sharing!

roveroneroveronealmost 6 years ago
REALLY good....!

Interesting cast...!

...going to need to make a list to keep them straight but that's OK

Saved all 3 series wen I saw the ratings they'd gotten...going to enjoy very much going through them

going to fave this and author right 5

jryanwest3rdjryanwest3rdover 5 years ago
Laughed Out Loud a Few Times

I think I am going to enjoy going through this series. Great writing and great characters.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Team up.

You and HardDaysNight should do a story together, that would be the best Christmas present ever

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Interesting Premise

On the grammar front, I was jarred by the continual use of paparazzo (which is singular) in place of paparazzi (which is plural). Often the mistake is made the other way around, using paparazzi to refer to a single photographer. Either way it's jarring to the ear.

Thanks for your story. I'll read the next chapter.

Comentarista82Comentarista82over 5 years ago
Wow

This is the start of something BIG! Ben will likely end up on the receiving end of all these women and their daughters.

Great description of all he experienced, from his highs and very low lows--only to be replaced by what promises to be many "highs" for him. Nice to see a guy clearly a "jock" but doesn't think he is. Lovely setup. 5

AnonymousAnonymousabout 5 years ago

I cheered, I cried, I laughed, and I enjoyed.

TrollTureTrollTurealmost 5 years ago
Very good!

A very good story indeed! Easily 5* from me.

Like an earlier poster, I noticed the paparazzo/paparazzi issue, otherwise decent spelling and grammar. I felt bad for the poor girls who were on the plane through no fault of their own.

I also wonder how a guy, Ashraf, who is 5'8" was ever considered model material? I thought models were supposed to be tall? Or is that only for women?

TrollTureTrollTurealmost 5 years ago

Forgot to say that I would like to know how old all these people are. We're not even told how old Ben is, just all the things that happened to him and then we are left to draw our own conclusions regarding his age.

When my mind forms pictures of characters in a story, I want to also know their age so I can make my image of them more complete.

bobosupremobobosupremoover 4 years ago
Woot! Love it!

It's been too long since a good story has drawn me in like this! Thank you so much!

Edhawk64Edhawk64over 4 years ago
Great story, reading it for third or fourth time

This is the start of a brilliant series. Good, likeable, interesting characters with depth to their being. Thanks for writing and sharing this story with us.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
Remains among the most unbelievable stories ever told

This most unrealistic fairy tale and the ignorant sheep who follow it are the answer to the question, "Who bought all the toilet paper?". What a waste of time.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
Really?

To the previous poster

I don’t. . . I can’t . . . Are you . . .

I’m flummoxed. “Unrealistic fairy tale” that is an apt description for this story. But the derision with which it was written leaves me at a loss. I find myself wondering how you ended up here after searching for an accurate historical recounting of whatever it is you were looking for. I can understand this not being your preference for a story, but why not simply move on to something you find more appetizing? Or were you unaware that most of this site is dedicated to the writing of fiction? Did it escape your notice that the last comment on this story was posted last year sometime? Well before the toilet paper shortage you so wittily referred to.

To BurntRedstone: I greatly enjoy your stories. This is my first time meeting Mr. Shepherd but I sense a similar theme to the Jack storyline that I followed to it’s conclusion. Thank you for what you do. It takes bravery to put any writing out there where others can judge it and you have talent in spades as well.

OleGrumpy7OleGrumpy7almost 4 years ago
Please ignore the trolls

You develop your characters nicely, your stories have a plot, and are an enjoyable read. Those that make comments about the fictional basis of the story have failed to understand the fictional basis of werewolves, vampires, dwarves, hobbits, dragons, all of which have provided enjoyment to many for centuries. Please keep up the good work.

JbRobertssonJbRobertssonalmost 4 years ago

Excellent story and writing. You do so well in developing your characters, relationships, and story line. I don't think too many will disagree with my estimation that BurntRedstone is one of the finest writers on this site.

Looking forward to the rest of the story. We're grateful for all the time and effort you expend in writing and posting these stories... knowing you do it simply for our enjoyment. Well done. 5 stars, of course.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago

So good I'm starting to read it for the third time.

KingCuddleKingCuddlealmost 4 years ago
Hmmm...No shortage of eager female neighbors in this court!

Ben may need to curtail raking leaves and shoveling snow?

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
Interesting Start

After getting a brief taste of what Ben will become, in your stand-alone story "Drive" I decided to stare back at the beginning at Ashburn Court. And it looks like Ben has just inherited a Harem even larger than the one Edward had in his Trilogy. Hope so! Thanx for the new Read.

dgfergiedgfergieover 3 years ago
Agree with all excellent start

After being and almost exclusive reader of science fiction for almost 50 years I somehow got started reading romance stories and loving wives stories and hooked as they allowed me to 'feel emotions' again after the loss of my wife. So now I can anticipate where some of these stories are heading. That's ok, there still good and still entertaining and they do help me 'feel' better and even put a little smile on my face.

Thank you for some very good stories, I especially liked "Drive". Keep writing.

RimmerdalRimmerdalover 3 years ago
Yaaaawwwn

So started well but now it's looking like a harem for Ben. Boring.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

ok story. good english, except author misuses apostrophes - plurals vs possessives. major grammar errors. two stars.

patcopaulpatcopaulover 2 years ago

Superb start! I’m really looking forward to this story. Good people doing good things. The way life should be.

brian_scoobybrian_scoobyover 2 years ago

This is going to be a good series! Looking forward to the reads. Thanks

LeenysmanLeenysmanabout 2 years ago

What ever happened to Nedin and Pam? They're in the intro, helping Ben get ready to date, then they just disappear.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

He wasn't fat, just well cushioned. He'd lost touch with going to the gym during his University days and had survived on pizza and beer a little too much.

Couldn't help lol at that. The due's BMI is 33.12 well over obese at 30.

I have enjoyed your 3 arch series with ED. To walk a mile, etc.

Michael56SmithMichael56Smithalmost 2 years ago

I've read through all of the current Ben Shephard series several times now, and I am looking forward to a new installment coming soon. I last read these wonderful first chapters when I purchased them on Kindle. All of this man's many stories have been well written, enjoyable, and they are a pleasure to reread, ... and they are a thousand percent better than anything on television! Please tell him he that you find his 'free' stories incredible too! This tales are treasures that are not to be missed. ;-) (a fan) TTFN

RanDog025RanDog025almost 2 years ago

Love your stories! By far the best Author here! 5 BIG FAT BLAZING STARS!

LordJokarrLordJokarralmost 2 years ago

As someone who has taken a beating, and love to pride myself on my authorial skill, I must admit credit where it's due:

The final sentence of the chapter? Getting quieter etcetera? It gave me literal chills, brought back the feeling of uncertainty on how bad I was hurt - in a great way mind! I do not say this to be harsh, rather I'm so blown away. It was simple, short, yet it said all it needed in the tightest ways

MarkT63MarkT63almost 2 years ago

Ben sounds like a good, honest, humble man. He deserves peace and happiness!!!

taco1085taco1085over 1 year ago

wow what a story, thank you

BuzzCzarBuzzCzarover 1 year ago

Great job of setting the table. Can't wait to hear about the feasting. 5*

dgfergiedgfergieover 1 year ago

Good story, a little action and bunch of grieving and lustful woman, what more could you want! 5 stars.

xtrail65xtrail65over 1 year ago

Great job, action, comedy and lust and just as you are getting into it suspense….on to the next episode. 5 stars

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

I want to thank you for your wonderful story.5stars gpa

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Cliffhangers are the worst because they always make you.....

Michael56SmithMichael56Smithover 1 year ago

This was the first part of a five-star story, very well written, ... ;-) TTFN

striker24striker24over 1 year ago

A little over-the-top on the goody two-shoes part of it. He is so naive its a bit cringy.

striker24striker24over 1 year ago

What is it with the author's obsession over Ben being in a coma? Already two comas in the first part! Holy fuck. Really pushing to make this guy a martyr.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Certainly a VERY rocky start

I read Satyr Play first and cant help but think if Ben is a precursor to Henry/Stanley

I think it was a mistake to think i could just read part 1 (why are the mods taking to long to lublish Satyr Play 4 pt 2? It was submitted a wk ago☹️) and then stop coz i think im hooked now XD oops

Youve done it again, BurntRedstone haha❤️

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Cliche and overly dramatized. All these ladies are ogling at the overly selfless, strong, and sweet man juxtaposed by their asshole ex husbands. He’s saved two children and is a poor soul who can’t get anyone to commit to him. Now he’s won the affection and lust of all the neighborhood moms? Jeez. If this story weren’t a setup for like 5 more stories I wouldn’t bother to continue reading.

TEXASMADDOGTEXASMADDOGabout 1 year ago

THIS IS A FIVE**5**STAR STORY...especially in the face of the most recent comments, by people who obviously should know better but do not!! Your comments ARE NOT appreciated; if you did not like what you are reading, you should have quit a long time ago & moved on!

Ben is a great guy, and an example of what our current society is lacking in it's makes today!! He has had his own demons, which he has overcome, becoming secure in himself, and his future; and,he is gonna help all of these widows...AND their daughters...he is already ensconced in their lives as their "behind the scenes hero"...from his actions so far. The women have not been unaware of him, and now are even MORE drawn to him.

This is gonna be fun!! And two..COUNT 'EM...TWO...more sequel stories to go along with it! These widows are all going to be financially secure in their own rights, so Ben's $$ is not going to be important there. What he DOES OFFER, apparently, is just what the husbands weredepriving them of. I see lots of emotional issues in the offing; which will be interesting to see how the balance is determined and maintained...Ben has his hands full, and "the fun" has not even started yet!!

YeeHaw...on to chapter 2!!

Aussie1951Aussie195112 months ago
Great story line so far

The only thing lacking was the description of each women but that may come as the story progresses other than that you’re off to a great start.⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️

Marklynda2Marklynda210 months ago

A great start to what promises to be a well thought out and written story. I look forward to reading the next chapter. As this is my first foray into your writing and the first story you posted here I have added you to my favorites list. I appreciate your and your Muse's imagination and abilities to bring it to your story. Thank you for sharing your vision and talents.

tsgtcapttsgtcapt9 months ago

Lovin' it! First time reading and already thinking of again. Thank you.

Rhino77PIlotRhino77PIlot9 months ago

Great opening/setup. Having been an aviator, I know all too well how some men treat their wives and any other women they meet. The circumstances are all too real....

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

Why are people saying this is a great story and giving them five stars? The guy didn't even spell Las Vegas right everytime he wrote it. What kinda moron gets that wrong? Then the storytelling is garbage. Built like a linebacker? Does anyone except a linebacker want to be that big and slow? All the women's husbands are jerks and all the women think the main character is such a great guy? Wow so you basically give elementary reasons for all this and we are to just except these childish facts. This is written by a child or a moron I can't decide which. It terrible and rushed, with broken sentences and juvenile reasoning. Save yourself a huge waste of time and don't read this garbage.

RanDog025RanDog0258 months ago

Damn I love this story no matter how many times I've read it! 5 BIG ASS FUCKING HUGE FLAMING NOVA STARS! Thanks Burnt Red Stone, your the best!

Michael56SmithMichael56Smith7 months ago

Hi, a small nitpick: Los Vegas just did not sound right, I'd bet that you've already gotten a number of commenters clueing you in on the correct spelling of Las Vegas, .... Vegas is a feminine, for a plain or meadow, so Las, ... whereas Los is a masculine, ... there, that's off my chest, ... love your story, ... it is an awesome fun read, ... ;-) ttfn

AnonymousAnonymous7 months ago

Do we see Wendy again in the future?

Which story if so please

FranziskaSissyFranziskaSissy6 months ago

It’s fantasy but unfortunately it’s sounds realistic as happened in the states, the US ….. yes rich businessmen having fun, sick depraved fun …… wedding vows doesn’t count anymore, only greed money sex …… it feels like, viewing human actions worldwide now, we are over the peak of humanity of being caretakers or having empathy or name it and now the slop is steep downhill ….. war what is he good for, absolutely nothing …. ….. your tale, written some years ago, fits perfectly in our descending , but again its a great chapter and interesting starting

✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨☘️

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

Does it take an emergency to show true character?

Does it take real pain to lashou in anger and frustration or to band together for strength and hope?

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 month ago

Killing all the husbands in the neighborhood so our main guy can make a harem out their wives.

Very creative and a bit disturbing ( there have been few instances when I use both these phrases side by side, way to go! ).

Well, it's all nice and fun as long as we don't share the same neighborhood.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userBurntRedstone@BurntRedstone
9888 Followers
Welcome! I've added a Twitter feed (@burntredstone) where I will post updates as well. My stories are being submitted (gradually) to Amazon. As I understand I'm not allowed to include URLs to other sites here, you can find the books if you search for author name B Redstone ...

SIMILAR Stories