All Comments on 'The Shop Girl and the Priest'

by Androgynousother

Sort by:
  • 30 Comments
Rainyday493Rainyday493over 2 years ago

OMFG, another weepy ending - absolute gold! Thank you.

blackrandl1958blackrandl1958over 2 years ago

One of the best stories I've ever read on Lit. Thank you so much for writing it. Randi.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Another excellent story kept me enthralled. Thank You.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Amazing! Thank you for sharing such lovely stories with us.

Storm113Storm113over 2 years ago

Good, really, really good. Thank you.

Lector77Lector77over 2 years ago

That's a fine story.

Thank you.

wapentakewapentakeover 2 years ago

A well written and moving story, that kept me reading it all at one sitting. Excellent! Well worth the five stars.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Absolutely fabulous, got me in tears. I’m 73, been around a bit, served in the Army, worked totally in a mans world and here I sit, in tears. Brilliant, thank you for writing this so beautifully

Connar1Connar1over 2 years ago

THIS is the Androgynousother we know and love! What a fantastic story, right up there (almost) with 'Room Wanted'. Massive thanks for putting this together and putting so much into it.

EuanEuanover 2 years ago

I’m so glad that other people found it weepy. It was brilliant, moving and just enough sex. Thank you

AnotherChapterAnotherChapterover 2 years ago

Wonderful story! Thank you for this gift. Nothing to detract, it was heart warming and a great read from start to finish. Believable characters and a really good plot. ***** and well deserved.

AZTT2AZTT2over 2 years ago

Tremendous story

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Nice story. There was a stretch after the two met where the story revived around them kissing and drinking tea. Got pretty boring, quite frankly. The resolution of the father/Karen conflicts was a bit too much to swallow. 4*

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

All of your stories are enjoyable reads, but this is outstanding. Thank you so much for the few hours of pleasure you've given me reading this.

Davester37Davester37over 2 years ago

What a wonderful story. I loved it!

Thank you for writing, and thank you for sharing your work.

muskyboymuskyboyover 2 years ago

Lovely story. Not sure I buy the Dad's complete personality change, but still a nice story. Just enough sex.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

If Richard Curtis did erotica…

A world where all problems can be solved with a big mug of tea and a hug from a mate.

Love the Morsesque descriptions of Oxford. I went through the city on a paddle board a couple of weeks ago and it really is stunning.

A nice escape from reality for 59,000 words.

Thank you! 😘

technofrog2002technofrog2002over 2 years ago

A wonderful story that I can relate to. My home life was’t as bad in your story but having two older brothers you can well imagine the belittling and criticism I received. It was refreshing to read how Jaime rose up and accomplished so much. Thank you a fine inspiring story.

Cringo31Cringo31over 2 years ago

What a wonderful and warm story. I loved her strength and passion. Well done

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

I got so invested that I spent the last 4½ hours reading this when I just wanted to read something horny. Thank you for making me cry and cheer for Jai (and for giving her Russ).

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Dear Anonymous with four stars,

You say 'There was a stretch after the two met where the story revived around them kissing and drinking tea. Got pretty boring, quite frankly.' That's because our heroes are English and civilised.

Obviously if the story had been set in America they would have spent the day screwing in her 'partmint', drunk some 'cawfee' and taken their M16's for a walk and shot someone out for a run because he was different to them.

Read some Agatha Christie or if you have to read about sex DH Lawrence, that's civilised too.

cpl8140cpl8140over 2 years ago

What a nice story! 5*. Too bad some commenters have to make disparaging remarks that have nothing to do with the story (of course they remain anonymous).

Bumba6540Bumba6540over 2 years ago

"Obviously if the story had been set in America they would have spent the day screwing in her 'partmint', drunk some 'cawfee' and taken their M16's for a walk and shot someone out for a run because he was different to them."

Holy s**t, you actually murdered him by words. Damn

rnebularrnebularover 2 years ago

Took a long time to get through but totally worth the price of admission. Thank you for this heartwarming tale.

AnonimousOtherAnonimousOtherover 2 years ago

I really enjoyed this story and gave it five stars. Having said that, it felt like a reworking of "That Girl and her Fairy Godmother" (not necessarily a bad thing) and then there were a few "Oriel" references that didn't ring true in the dialogue. Like "'Which University?' 'Oriel'" and "I actually got into Oriel". I think a real Jaime would have said "Oxford" with a follow-up of "Oriel" rather than the other way around. eg "I actually got into Oxford - I got a place at Oriel, my first choice college".

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

As usual, well written.

EoRaptor013EoRaptor0135 months ago

Writing like this tempt me to find the 5 star ratings I've given in the past and downgrade them to 4 stars because they don't quite measure up to this.

AnonymousAnonymous22 days ago

I didn’t love the story as much as I like others, not due to lack of writing ability, but because I didn’t feel as though the dad and Karen earned their happy endings. Jaime was beyond wonderful and her treatment actually really upset me. I like the fairy tale endings, but this was sustained unkindness the likes of which only a saint could undergo with such love and understanding.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userAndrogynousother@Androgynousother
Let's not kid ourselves, I write long stories with happy endings - whatever section they're uploaded to, and my characters tend to drink tea and eat bacon and egg sandwiches, might as well tell you now. If you don't like my characters or what they do, please remember they are...

SIMILAR Stories