All Comments on 'The Shotgun Rider'

by ronde

Sort by:
  • 22 Comments
Boyd PercyBoyd Percy11 months ago

Another exciting police story!

5

Ravey19Ravey1911 months ago

Great story. The cops seemed realistic doing a difficult job. 5 ⛤

HarddaysknightHarddaysknight11 months ago

I enjoyed this tale. It was well written and plotted. Nice job.

HarddaysknightHarddaysknight11 months ago

I enjoyed this tale. It was well written and plotted. Nice job.

6King6King11 months ago

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

SouthernCrossfireSouthernCrossfire11 months ago

Good, seemingly realistic tale that was well told. I liked the ending, too, but must admit to being a bit sad because the pizza and beer scene. While it was fun and led to more fun, the association caused me to google Obie's and I learned that it's no longer in business.

AnonymousAnonymous11 months ago

I'm positive I've read this story before. Like a couple of years before.

AnonymousAnonymous11 months ago

I think you made Valerie's perspective a bit cartoonishly stupid. I suspect that has to do with your politics but at least you were "gentle" with your biases. Solid story overall.

AnonymousAnonymous11 months ago

A very enjoyable read. You keep getting better with each posting. Thanks.

AnonymousAnonymous11 months ago

Demands a sequel, where are they in a year or two? Still together? Or does she get tired of his career? Would love to know what happens next. 5*

A_BierceA_Bierce11 months ago

I rode along with a friend who was a deputy sheriff on Friday and Saturday nights for a month. I almost wished I hadn't the night he called for backup while preparing to stop four guys in a car in an industrial part of town at 0230. Both other deputies in service showed up; when they ran the driver's licenses they found two outstanding warrants and four rap sheets, then they found three weapons in the car. John told me it was the first time he'd ever drawn his weapon on duty; I told him I didn't need to change my underwear but it was a near thing until they got the perps cuffed. Sorry for telling my own story, but it's your fault because you did such a good job of capturing the feel of a ride-along (not to mention a great romance).

ArdieffArdieff11 months ago

Well written. Engaging characters.

Demosthenes384bcDemosthenes384bc11 months ago

One page away from a perfect score. How did they end up? 4*

Cracker270Cracker27011 months ago

I enjoyed this one very much Thank you for your time and work. I also think a sequel would fit right in.

steppinontoessteppinontoes11 months ago

very good story, as always, but I agree with Myfriendly8181 in that it needs flushed out. How does her increasing fame work on the relationship. Her traveling to book signings and tours while he stays home, just curious.

AnonymousAnonymous11 months ago

Vented Chest Seals, they come in twin packs and Save Lives

LEO's should all be carrying them these days...

AmberSolisAmberSolis11 months ago

That was great! I liked how you set the stage, but did it in such a way as to hold the reader's interest, even though most of us start reading these stories (generally) looking for immediate sex. That's some great story-telling, right there, to be able to do that as well as you did with this one!

Comentarista82Comentarista8211 months ago

Don't know why, but this one had me scratching my head, as what to rate it didn't immediately strike me. You transitioned Valerie from harsh skeptic to believer; you created action that seemed quite real and fit your story; you painted the cop as complex yet flexible with possible encounters; you linked him and Valerie via the gunshot. While I felt you sold his side and the police encounters, I didn't feel the connection with him and Valerie: something was missing here that your other stories had to bring the two MCs together; in fact, them "getting together" kind of felt like they were thrown together and I saw little chemistry to cement them "joining" in my mind. 3

KTD2020KTD202011 months ago

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ Loved it! Thanks for humanizing both the police and their detractors.

I had an issue with arresting the 21-yr-old driver. The LEO’s I know, to a person, would have called the mom and had her go home. They wouldn’t have laid the burden of a DUI on a young adult for a first offense.

AnonymousAnonymous11 months ago

As a retired LEO (Law Enforcement Officer) with 30 years on the job. I give this story 5 Stars. Well written.

JT

Wolfden999Wolfden9999 months ago

I really like this one. Well done. 5*

juanviejojuanviejo5 months ago

MUY BUENO...CINCO ESTRELLAS!

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userronde@ronde
Women tend to be the central characters in my stories, because I find their complex personalities to be fascinating. My stories come from my life experiences or the thoughts inspired by people I have met. I am an avid fan of history and especially the history of the America...

SIMILAR Stories