The Signing Bonus

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"I'm sorry Richie, I was just so angry and hurt at what you said this morning that I wanted to strike back." Turning me around to face her, she continued, I can't imagine how I would feel if the situation were reversed. I don't think I could handle it as well as you have. In spite of the situation I think I would hate you. Please don't hate me Rich. I do love you, totally, and despite what you may think, I have no feelings for Roland ..., none. I can't deny that he has pleasured my body but no more than a dildo or my vibrator would. When he leaves I feel nothing but shame and as much as I'd like to say that I hate him, I just pity him."

"He does not treat me like a whore, even though I always feel like one. The poor bastard is obsessed with me, he thinks he loves me but I think it might be more of hatred towards you than feelings for me. That's why he insisted you be a home, that's why he sent the roses and that's why he put that mark on my neck. In his warped mind he thinks that he can drive you away and then I will realize that I love him."

"He's a multi-millionaire, for god's sake. He certainly can't hold a candle to you but neither is he Quasi Moto. He could have a lot of women who are younger and more attractive than this forty-two-year-old married mother, whose tits are starting to sag, and who has the beginnings of crow's feet. Each time that he's left I've wanted to come to you so you could, at least, hold me and comfort me but, even though I showered and douched, I was afraid you would be repulsed by my touch. I want this to end Richie but I don't know how. We have just gotten our heads above water and if we had been foreclosed on or our loans gone into collection, our credit would have gone down the toilet. When the economy improves and you find a company that values your knowledge and experience they will do a credit report and had we gone under, you know what that would do to your chances."

"Believe me, Honey, no amount of money will pay for the dignity I've had to sacrifice. If you know a way out, please tell me because I want out just as much as you."

She cried. I cried and then we went to bed and made love. After Gwen fell asleep I lay staring at the ceiling wondering how I had gone from being a market analyst..., to a pimp.

End of Part 1

Gwen explains her----'slippery slope'

**************

When I left the bank after failing to convince the loan officer to either extend out mortgage or lower the monthly payment, I was near to tears. Richie and I were in debt up to our eyeballs. When he lost his job due to the market crash we had very little in the way of liquid assets. Most of what we had was in stocks, which had significantly less value when we had to liquidate them. His unemployment would end soon and our mortgage was 'upside down', so we were facing financial ruin.

I had very little experience, except as an assistant store manager at a regional retail chain. I was little more than a sales-person and did not have a college degree, so my marketability was limited. Rich had been making very good money so just before Denise was born, I quit my job so I could be a 'stay at home mom'. So now, even if I could find a part-time job, at minimum wage, my earnings would be like spitting into the wind.

I was walking to my car when I thought I heard someone call my name but I was so lost in thoughts that it didn't register, until I heard it again.

"Gwen. Hey Gwen, wait up."

When I turned I saw my old boyfriend, Rollie Dursten, hurrying towards me. It had been twenty years since I'd had last seen him and, at the time, he was the store manager where I worked. He was a couple of years younger than me but he had some type of college degree so he was transferred to my store after doing six months training in another location.

Rollie was a little guy with big dreams. He had a winning personality despite his boyish looks and thin frame. I liked him immediately. Actually, he's not that short, it's just that Rich is 6'1" and I'm 5'8", so I guess Rollie is 5'7", or so. After a month or so of having worked together he asked if I'd like to stop for pizza after work one evening, and I agreed. There had been no prior flirting and I viewed him as a friend. Despite his long shaggy hair and attempt at a goatee, he had a handsome face and I was attracted to his wit and humor. That pizza turned into dinner and a movie a week later and before I knew it we were dating on a fairly regular basis.

I wasn't a virgin at the time but for some reason, as much as I enjoyed his company, my feelings did not rise to the level of desire to become more intimate, at least not yet. So, despite his obvious ardor and occasional references to commitment, I was not ready for 'exclusivity'. We often made out at the end of a date and I enjoyed his founding my breasts through my clothing, but nothing more than that.

It was just a month or so before I met my husband, Rollie and I had been to a party at some mutual friend's house and I had consumed a few rum and cokes. There were a lot of people milling about the living room and kitchen as the music blared, when a girl I knew nudged my arm with her elbow and handed me a joint. She couldn't speak because she had just inhaled so I automatically took it in my fingers. I hadn't had any pot since high school, and very rarely at that. Rollie was on the other side of the room talking to some friends so I figured, "what the hell," and took a long tote. Before I had the opportunity to pass it along, I took a final hit.

In a few minutes Rollie was back at my side, grinning at me.

"I see that you're having a good time, he laughed. I guess you've had a little of that weed that's been going around."

I just smiled and asked, "You?"

"Nah, he replied, would like to have ——— but, gotta drive."

We left shortly after that and he drove to a local lover's lane that we had stopped at a couple of times. We were making out almost immediately and with my defenses down he had my blouse open and my bra undone in record time. It was the first time I had allowed him to expose my tits and when he sucked a nipple into his mouth, I didn't resist. He soon had my jeans unzipped and his finger was teasing my clit. For the first time since we started dating, I was rubbing his erection through his pants. I was pleasantly surprised when I pulled his zipper down and released his cock. I guess height doesn't have anything to do with penis size because, I was surprised to find that his was - in my limited experience - the largest I had seen.

He had just brought me to orgasm with his fingers as I leaned over and took him in my mouth. I had only done this on two other occasions and both times I had admonished them not to cum in my mouth. My intention was to just suck it a little and finish with a hand-job but between the pot and my recent orgasm I hadn't warned Rollie. I couldn't fit it all in my mouth anyhow so I had my fingers wrapped around the base with just a couple of inches inside my lips. It couldn't have been more than thirty seconds later when his first shot of seamen hit my tongue. I quickly pulled away and, with my hand still on his erection, he finished. There was cum all over, on my blouse, my hand his pants and the car seat.

I don't know who was more surprised, him or me, but we both just started laughing. I later found out that it was his first blow job and he apologized profusely for not having warned me. I didn't mention it to him but the experience wasn't as unpleasant as I had expected and I looked forward to experimenting some more in the future.

About a month later I met Richie and I knew, almost from the beginning, that he was that someone I had been waiting for. Unlike Rollie, Richie was tall, 6'1" dirty blonde hair and muscular - not like a body builder, just big and strong. I still lived at home with my mom but even though Rich had his own apartment he didn't try to bring me there until out 5th date. Of course, we had kissed and fondled a little but after our fifth date he asked if I'd like to see his apartment. By the look in his eyes there was little doubt in my mind what his intentions were and I was more than ready. I was in love.

During those weeks I had gone to a movie with Rollie and once to dinner, but other that a fairly chaste goodnight kiss, there was no further intimacy. Rollie seemed confused and I knew I was being a mean bitch by leading him on but I was keeping him as a backup. I was in love with Richie but he had not verbalized his feelings, even though I thought that he felt the same.

The Saturday after our Friday night of love making, Richie took me to the mall to buy an engagement ring. I was the happiest girl alive but Monday was not going to be easy, I was going to have to tell Rollie. I really did like him, he was fairly good looking, smart and fun to be with..., I just didn't love him. He was going to be crushed but to spare him further heartache, I decided that 'phasing out' the relationship would be cruel and dishonest, so I decided on a surgical separation.

We were alone in the break room having coffee when Rollie informed me that he had been offered a position as a regional manager but hadn't accepted the offer because it would mean relocating and he didn't want to be so far away from me. I had been procrastinating and saw this as my opportunity, so I took it.

******

Now here was Rollie hugging me hello and telling me that I looked even more beautiful than when we had been dating. Honestly, he looked great. He had matured nicely and his expensive suit accentuated his, now, muscular physique. His once shaggy hair was now, conventional business man style and the salt and pepper at his temples gave him a distinguished appearance.

We exchanged some pleasantries and he asked if I would have lunch with him to talk about old times. Thanking him, I politely declined, making some excuse or other. He looked at me seriously, for a few moments, seeming to be considering something but then, gently touching me arm, said:

"Gwen, I'm sorry, I didn't mean to intrude on your privacy but I was in an office adjacent to you at the bank and I overheard some of the conversation. It sounds as if you are in some financial difficulty and I may be able to help."

When he saw my hesitation, he added, "after you and I..., well, I never took that regional manager's job. I moved into commercial real estate and with a lot of hard work and, no doubt, some luck, I've become a wealthy man. How about it? Have lunch with me and we can at least talk about my proposition."

I smiled and nodded, weakly. He took my arm and guided me south on Main Street to a little Irish pub. As we entered the hostess greeted Rollie by name and seated us immediately in a booth near the rear of the restaurant.

"Still drink rum and coke?" He inquired pleasantly.

I immediately remembered that night, long ago at the party when I had a couple too many of them and wound up giving him a blow job in the car. I felt my face flushing and was hoping that the dim lighting would hide my embarrassment.

"Just a white wine would be fine." I answered.

He asked me about my life and to my surprise asked if I was still married to Rich. At the time I didn't think anything of it but, much later, when I thought about it, I don't ever remember mentioning Richie's name and even if I did, how could he remember it after all these years. I went on to vaguely outline my life without going into my current dilemma. He went on to mention that his move to real estate had been very rewarding and even mentioned that the reason he was in the bank was because he owns the building and their lease is coming due and they are in negotiations.

Trying, unsuccessfully, to be modest, he casually mentioned that he happened to be at the right places at the right times and his acquisitions had grown into a small empire.

"Well, maybe not an empire, he corrected, self-deprecatingly, maybe a small fiefdom."

I hadn't realized that my wine glass was empty until our waitress appeared out of nowhere to refill it. I wanted to object but she had already started to pour.

"Would you and the lady like menu's, Mister Dursten?" she inquired. He nodded and she placed two on our table.

"You must come here quite often." I chuckled

"Fairly often, he replied, but in fact I own this building too..., and part of the business. He went on to explain. When Tim O'Malley bought this business ..., that's Tim behind the bar ..., the previous owners were squeezing him dry with outrageous rents and hidden fees that should have been part of the rent. The place was a little run down and because of the increase of rent he wasn't able to make any of the improvements that he had planned. I could see that the pub had potential so, I did some checking and discovered that the owners were in serious debt with the IRS, as well as the state tax authority. I made them an offer. They stayed out of jail. I lowered Tim's rent and offered to lend him the funds needed for renovations in exchange for a piece of the business."

"Wow, that's a wonderful thing that you did." I said sincerely.

He snorted a laugh and quickly added:

"Believe me Gwen, I'm no saint. I'm a business man and when I see an opportunity, I seize it. I try to be fair. I don't cut anyone's throat. I make offers and sometimes I win ..., and regretfully, sometimes I lose."

He was looking in my eyes and not smiling when he said it but just as quickly his expression softened and his smile returned. He signaled the waitress over to take our orders.

"I can tell you Gwen, O'Malley's has the best corned beef sandwiches in the state"

So, I followed his lead and ordered one, also. When the waitress had left he leaned forward and with a look of concern, asked"

"So, tell me the truth, Gwen. What's going on? I heard the desperation in your voice when you were trying to renegotiate your mortgage. Are things really that bad?"

I guess it was the combination of the wine and my desperation but after wiping a few tears away, I told Rollie everything. We ate, pretty much in silence but I had the feeling that he was deep in thought. When we were done eating he suggested an Irish coffee but I politely declined, explaining that I had to get home.

"I understand, he said, but before you go I have a proposition for you. At first, it may seem a bit bizarre and I don't expect an answer immediately but I think you should consider it. It will eliminate your accrued debt and provide an income for you and your family to continue to live in your current lifestyle."

I was suspicious since he didn't know the extent of our financial woes but not having an inkling of what he could do to afford that kind of financial assistance, I said nothing.

After a few moments, he said, "I will pay you $1000 per hour to share your bed with me, one night per week, with a minimum of two hours."

I think my jaw must have been hanging open and I was so shocked that I could not formulate a reply. I think I actually smiled thinking it was some kind of joke, but he continued:

"I am not offering this as a form of prostitution. What I'm suggesting is a way for you to extricate yourself from a difficult financial situation, while at the same time affording me the opportunity to restore some of the self-esteem that I lost when I was so unceremoniously removed from your life."

Like I said, I'm a businessman and I think like a businessman. I see this as an opportunity for you, not much unlike the arrangement I have with O'Malley. I helped him out of a difficult financial crisis, even providing additional cash for improvements. As compensation I receive a small percentage of his business. He still gets the lion's share just like you husband will. The difference is that, unlike Tim, you can end our agreement whenever you feel that your financial situation no longer requires my assistance."

"In addition, I will give you a $10,000 initial contribution, separate and aside from any other compensation. Consider it a 'signing bonus', even though you will be a free agent after our first meeting."

I was too shocked to speak. I couldn't believe that this once nerdy guy from twenty years ago had the audacity to offer to buy my sexual favors. He was making an offer like I was a piece of real estate. My mind was reeling and I was trying to think of an appropriate reply that would leave no doubt in his mind that his proposition was preposterous as well as insulting. However, before I could speak, he looked at his watch and placing some bills on the table to pay the check, which our waitress had left earlier, stood and said in a soothing voice:

"I'm sorry Gwen, I'm late for a meeting". With a serious expression, he continued, think about it Gwen, it's a comfortable solution for everyone ..., well, maybe not your husband but no one gets everything that they want in negotiations."

He put his business card on the table in front of me and said softly, "think about it..., but don't take too long I would like an answer by a week from Friday and I will have a contract ready for you and Rich to sign, if you decide to accept. Oh, he added, for liability reasons, your husband will have to remain in the house while I am there."

My knees were so weak that I was afraid to stand so I remained seated for a few minutes before heading to my car.

"Shit! I yelled as I hit the remote to unlock my door. Sitting under my windshield wiper was a parking ticket. I had exceeded the two-hour limit. I threw the ticket on the seat and screamed,

"Just what we need another fucking bill that we can't afford to pay."

It was the beginning of rush hour so driving home took longer than usual, but it gave me time to calm down and think. Once the shock of Rollie's proposal wore off, the practicality of it became quite clear. Hell, it wasn't even practicality... it was necessity.

Richie wasn't anywhere closer to finding a job. Our mortgage was two months behind, our pool, cars and credit card debts were receiving 'selective' payments and my husband's unemployment insurance would run out before we knew it. Ten thousand would put us in the black and two grand a week, would keep us there ..., and, then some. The one huge problem would be to convince Richie that we were out of options.

I couldn't believe that I had already started to rationalize. "Hell, it was only two hours out of the whole week. It was just sex..., and unwanted sex at that. There would be no emotion involved. I'd use the guest room and after I showered and douched, Richie would hardly know the difference."

"Hell, who was I kidding, it wasn't — just sex —, I enjoy sex and Richie knows it. Rollie is rich, handsome, well-endowed and I'm sure has had lots of practice over the past twenty years. I'd be lucky if I were able not to scream out my orgasm. Plus, he mentioned that two-hour thing. I'm sure he doesn't intend a 'Wham Bam, Thank You Mam', he intends to get his money's worth, my pussy will be stretched and sore for at least a day. Fuck! Talk about a rock and a hard place."

Rich saw the defeated look on my face when I came home. I outlined my failed attempt at renegotiating the loan. I was so nervous that I was feeling nauseous but after a few silent moments I told him about running into Rollie. Rich didn't even remember his name, never having met him. For some reason I told my first lie to my husband. I have no idea why but instead of telling him I had lunch at a pub I said that I had gone to a luncheonette with him and, only because he intimated that he might have a job for me. After much hemming and hawing I laid out his proposal.

My husband's reaction shouldn't have been unexpected, he yelled, cursed and called Roland every name in the book. Rich is a big guy but he's a gentle, mild mannered person, so the obscenities he uttered and the vehemence with which he said them, was shocking.

123456...8