All Comments on 'The Signing'

by MattblackUK

Sort by:
  • 57 Comments
AngelRiderAngelRiderabout 2 years ago

The simple fact that most criminals will offer to trade names and events to obtain a lesser sentence ought to be enough to not be stupid and try to hire someone to do shit for you.

CagivagurlCagivagurlabout 2 years ago

Loved it. As they say, I life well lived is the best way to forget... Let Karma work it's evil spell.

5 stars

Cagivagurl

PowersworderPowersworderabout 2 years ago

A good story, it was just a shame he seemed to give up on relationships.

The best way of avoiding gold diggers was simply not tell them about the money. There was no reason for him not to start dating and eventually start a family when he met the right woman.

GarySmith69GarySmith69about 2 years ago

Nice story thank you.

sbrooks103xsbrooks103xabout 2 years ago

"I'm truly sorry that you found out about your wife and her colleague like this." - I know it's usually the wife saying something like this, but is there ever a good way to find out your spouse is cheating?

\

"IT'S NOT WHAT IT LOOKS LIKE! I CAN EXPLAIN IT ALL! DON'T DO ANYTHING ELSE!" - Even an apparent affair can MAYBE somehow be explained, but the blatant fraud?

\

"Don't involve the authorities?" - Too late!

\

He's got $7 million, I don't think cost is an issue!

\

"I was shocked that my normally intelligent wife could have fallen for such a line of obvious BS." - Took the words right out of my mouth.

\

"Yes. The bastard! All of it! I'll fix him when we get back home!" "No! Don't do that! You'll get into trouble, and besides, I don't want him hurt!" - What about that little conversation?

\

"That was his idea," - It might've been Carter's idea, but she could've/should've told him to fuck off.

HarddaysknightHarddaysknightabout 2 years ago

Nice story> I always enjoy a new Mat Black story, especially when the cheater gets what she deserves. Nice job, You can see more Money Honey event stories like this, here. https://www.literotica.com/s/money-honey-the-stories

stev2244stev2244about 2 years ago

Good story, Matt. Well written and entertaining. 5*

FireFox59FireFox59about 2 years ago

Liked it. I'm thinking their prison sentences was as good a revenge as he could get. Thanks for posting.

BaggyUKBaggyUKabout 2 years ago

Well done mate! Thank you for this tale, not only a good story ...but the thought of a cup of tea, biscuits AND a Wallace & Gromit movie appearing in a paragraph on this site has me rolling on the floor 😂😂. It's cool see a yarn from you and take care. Cheers

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

That darn Martian Slut Ray strikes again!

.

The biggest thing missing from an otherwise well done tale was any hint, really, about what the motivation was for Angela to cheat on hubby? Other than Slut Ray fume inhalation?

.

4 ****

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

What I learned from LW: If your parents are both killed when you're a kid, your wife will cheat on you.

Seriously, it's a pretty good story other than that overused device.

muskyboymuskyboyabout 2 years ago

5/5 Especially like you didn't have him falling to the arms of a waiting woman and he actually was content and enjoyed being by himself.

Hooked1957Hooked1957about 2 years ago

Who doesn't love a story where the cheaters get it in the end? Thanks for the read.

Hooked

invisible_bridgesinvisible_bridgesabout 2 years ago

The prose is stiff, the plotting primitive, the characterization crude, the drama non-existent.

Just_WordsJust_Wordsabout 2 years ago

Worth a easy 4**** for the last paragraph alone! How did he marry that narcissist?

SwordWielderSwordWielderabout 2 years ago

Nice, but you made an error. $7,000,000 invested should have earned at least 3% each year. I won't go into compound interest, but your talking at least $210,000 a year for 10 years - meaning there should have been over $9 million in the account when this happened. All he needs to do next time is a) not tell anyone about the money, b) make sure the account for it is ONLY in his name, c) not live in excess of his normal income - i.e. if he makes $100,000 / year he can give himself an extra $10,000 - $25,000 to help - he doesn't want to show how wealthy he is, and d) lastly, any future pre-nuptial (use the same good lawyer) completely excludes that money, any income, propeties, etc... from being a marital asset - maybe put it in a trust. His future wife may get some money assuming a) they stay married and she doesn't cheat, and b) he dies a natural death after many years of a happy marriage.

lash2718rlash2718rabout 2 years ago

He only had the seven mil. What was the bank doing with his money? Compound interest is wonderful.

He should have at least doubled his money.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Meh.

jasonnhjasonnhabout 2 years ago

Not a bad story but there were a couple of things that bothered me.

First, David comments that his wife "fell for a line from a conman". Having heard some of her comments that the PIs captured, he KNOWS this is not true and that his wife was a full participant and had every intention to destroy him. Further, her actions in court show her distain and continued efforts to cheat him out of his money. SHE is equally at fault. David has to be brain dead to continue to excuse her well considered and deliberate actions to cheat on him and steal from him.

Second, as mentioned by others, him crawling into his mancave to listen to music and watch movies by himself was pathetic. His further musings that his wife PREVENTED and BELITTLED the activities he enjoys shows the actions of an abusive spouse. Charitable thoughts, as he expressed several times, toward such a wife are distasteful. The conman owed David no respect or loyalty. His wife DID.

Demosthenes384bcDemosthenes384bcabout 2 years ago

Stopped a page early and would’ve liked to know why she did it or her view of the marriage failing. Well executed story from start to finish. 5*

SouthernCrossfireSouthernCrossfireabout 2 years ago

Enjoyable tale where he did the right thing and should be able to sleep well afterward as a result. Loved the ending, too (and I had to smile on the next to last paragraph, too; by coincidence, Katy, Texas, appears rather briefly as a settings in my MH story, too). 5*

Longhorn__07Longhorn__07about 2 years ago

Good stuff, Matt

Five Stars

LH

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

The $7M earned no interest in the years while in the account? If so, the bank was the biggest crook.

penneydog55penneydog55about 2 years ago

Great Story 👍 Though I have to say It sucks to be Angela and more so Carter. 5🌟🤘🦧😁

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

This was an interesting weave of a BTB cheating wife story in the Money Honey challenge. I’ve got two minor nits to pick. First the largest Texas Dram Shop settlement was 301 billion (a 1971 Corpus Christi verdict that will probably never be paid) and when Angela was trying to claim that her sex partner would not giver her an STI you write; “He'd never give me an STI! He loves..." she suddenly stopped, releasing she'd just blown her fantasy story of them not being lovers.” Yup, shoulda been realized.

Oh, and I do like the way you bring a bit of British culture into your stories.

Rocky62Rocky62about 2 years ago

Conceal the wealth and find a UK expat! Better life when you aren’t tossing your own salad dressing

robinhodrobinhodabout 2 years ago

Great story

One error common to many such:

"She hired my lawyer to take her rat bastard of a husband for every penny she could." he got 30 years in prison and a massive fine. Good luck to her!

Rush to add that it didn't lessen my enjoyment.

SDN1955SDN1955about 2 years ago

Guy says he loved his wife all those years. But in describing his post-divorce life, he sure seems to paint her as something of a shrew that he really doesn’t miss.

BumblingFoolBumblingFoolabout 2 years ago

An excellent and fluid story. Thanks for sharing your creativity with the rest of us.

Your gift for being succinct is truly remarkable. Keep up the good work.

SomeOneTwoThreeSomeOneTwoThreeabout 2 years ago

One fine story.

With a good strong plot.

Well done MattblackUK.

Top ratings from me.

RanDog025RanDog025about 2 years ago

Excellent! How about 5 BIG FAT STARS for a well written story! Thank you.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Why did he marry her in the first place?

Harryin VAHarryin VAabout 2 years ago

4 big stars from a simply from mentioning Wallace and gromit which is arguably the funniest most amazing animated series ever produced by humans

nixroxnixroxabout 2 years ago

3 stars and only because he divorced the skanky slut.

By the way, Sexually Transmitted Diseases (STD) is the North American term, not STI.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Great story. Interesting, good characters, good guy wins. Loved it. Thanks for posting.

NitpicNitpicabout 2 years ago
Why

Why on earth would he tell her he had seven million,let alone give her acess to it?

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

I'd have to say he is a real dummy... $7M in an investment and after many years still $7M... not only did his wife sucker him, his investment manager is still suckering him... I wonder how much he's drained out of the account... bet it is more the $60K.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Nice. Really nicely done.

dirtyoldbimandirtyoldbimanabout 2 years ago

good story. he could write a check to Andy's exwife and mother of 3 little kids for 500K or a cool Million and be a good guy. Karma.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

I agree with previous comment, give some money to Andy's family. What few persons will not agree me is to give his stupid wife around $750K or 2 lumps sums of $500K (2 years apart) because of her stupid actions. Why because he gets all the money. Her stupid actions gave him all the money when he could have only got half. Its called being a nice person and he is generally a nice person.

GuyfromShadesGuyfromShadesover 1 year ago

Great story. Thanks for your writing.

Helen1899Helen1899over 1 year ago

I like the gift idea, others suggested to Carter's ex and kids. I enjoyed the story, I am not sure that the way they set up the bank fraud is possible in America, seemed much to easy especially with the weary effort at forging the signature. But the mention of Wallace and Grommit swayed it to 5* I live within 5 miles of were their creator was born and I mention that I sound like Wallace in my bio.( Not sexy for a woman of 35 )

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

5 Stars on this one . I worked with a Man whose Mom and Dad had been killed in a Car accident . He gets 25 thou every January first not counting the 3 million they had to fork over . One insensitive guy said he wished he got 25 thou a year . His answer is always the same they can keep their money I want Mom and Dad back . Their is not enough money on God's green earth that would want me to loose them .

DrgwngDrgwngover 1 year ago

Any story that rejects raac for whatever, and avoids btb when it is not necessary, which it was not in this one, is a good story because casual indifference can be a very effective and actually realistic third door. At least we did not get the usual but I still love her, so I will have sex with her slop so many other writer produce.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

He was to kind on his wife.

jopstorm(1945)

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

bendegedig, hoffi paned ac bisgodau sadiex

AnonymousAnonymous11 months ago

a good one, or as an anonymous further down put it, bendegedig (wonderful,fantastic). I had to ask my ex who is from Holyhead, Anglesey about that one. --- T.R.

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

A story with some bite to it. I didn't think you had it in you.

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

What happened to Carter's wife and her 3 children since Carter went to prison?... How is she and her children going to survive especially with a newborn?

KRD19254KRD192548 months ago

He wants more tranquility then semi-retire to a lake cottage home on a 1/3mile locked gate driveway. Go and stay anonymous staying OFF all social media. Change his occupation to an online/cellphone LLC and work from home.

\

The $7m was awarded to him prior to his marriage so she had no rights to it other than what he gave her and she abused. I hope he never divulges his wealth to any future relationships or marriage.

\

5***** Hooyah, Salutes --- live a good life on his terms

oldtwitoldtwit7 months ago

Detailed plot,

oksideshow859419oksideshow8594196 months ago

Not bad I was entertained by the story but the story seems to be missing a little bit of uhhh or aahhh and a few those one things you know that missing??

🤯🧠🧟‍♂️🤮

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

Liked the story. Lacked some of the energy I think it needs to be a 5 but still a 4.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 month ago

Hearsay. Learn what hearsay is. Sworn affidavits are hearsay and really only good for pleadings, impeachment or witnesses who can’t remember

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userMattblackUK@MattblackUK
Writer for over 30 years. Hack journalist, decided to try writing for Literotica, too. And still having fun here 10+ years later