The Silver Guardian Bk. 02 Ch. 07

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

After the four Hellhounds escorted Dante and Lily upstairs to their bedroom to 'uninstall' what Lily liked to call their 'Dress Tanks' so they could get into some casual wear, the Royals and O'Connors wound up in Lily and Dante's living room and personal library with Astrid and William, who had joined them, acting as their aides as well as family friends. They munched on some snacks Astrid and William had brought along and spent some time catching up. Much of the talk centered around the children about to come into this world and Lily's pregnancy. It was a relaxing and wonderful time as they just spent time as a reunited family that circumstances had forced apart for a while. Lily and Dante told them all about showing up at the Castle for the first time and getting settled into it, then picking up on running the Pack. Odin and Lily laughed as they heard how busy they were, trying not to say, "told you so" and failing, since they could relate with their own Pack's duties.

Eventually dinnertime was upon them and they all went down to the Great Hall to have dinner as a family while the O'Connors met some of the Elders and more of the Pack, and talked and laughed together endlessly before everyone retired for the night.

***

The next three days flew by as the excitement about the imminent births kept everyone keyed up. The O'Connors spent time being shown around the Castle and exploring the grounds, and were given a tour through Bisingen as well, which was less than ten minutes away, for shopping, dining and other activities. Lily and Dante joined them as much as their duties allowed, and before they knew it, it was the night of the full moon and the time was upon them.

The Hall of the Moon was packed in the early evening with Dante and Lily wearing their Royal Armor for the august event, and the Pack members were in their military or civilian best, as they waited for their King and Queen to speak. The O'Connors were sitting in the front row in a place of honor, with the Hellhounds standing in their traditional protective semi-circle behind Dante and Lily, this time with their General and three Lieutenants flanking them instead of flanking the two Royals.

As the full moon rose outside and cast its silver light through the stained glass, Dante spoke.

"Good evening, Order of Fenrir Pack and dear guests from the O'Connor Pack! Tonight is a special night. Not only do we celebrate our Mistress again on this Night of the Moon, but we shall also welcome our Royal Heirs into this world. It's a night to be celebrated. Let us welcome our Mistress Luna and show her our love and adoration."

A beautiful and low keening began in the Hall, quite unlike the rather boisterous one they'd given the O'Connors a few days ago in welcome, as Lily and Dante led them in worship of their Goddess Luna. With the beautiful sound, their loves and thoughts, hopes and dreams were carried skyward to their Goddess so She could share in their joy. After several minutes of contemplative celebration, the Chapel went quiet. Lily now addressed her Pack.

"Tonight my dears, as much as I would wish it, we cannot go on our monthly Pack run and hunt, since I shall be giving birth. But we have prepared for you a grand feast to celebrate our joy. There will be food, drink and music in the Great Hall, and we wish everyone to have a grand celebration tonight! After my delivery, on another night soon, your King and Queen will lead you on a great run and hunt, but for now we must be patient. We love you all deeply, and..."

Lily's words were suddenly cut off as she doubled over in pain and Dante quickly bent down to hold her up. Lily smiled through the pain and spoke to her mate.

"It's time Dante, our darlings are coming!"

Dante picked up Lily in his arms as he began running down the aisle in his cumbersome best, as he called out to his Pack, "Wish us well!" with his twenty Hellhounds all careening after him, and Odin, Victoria and Michael sprinting along behind. Dante called out again to his Pack as he left the Hall.

"It's time, my Pack! Celebrate with us and let Luna know how happy we are! Go and feast!"

***

Dante was at Lily's side, wearing a hospital gown over his underwear (they hadn't thought to bring him a change of clothing, although Astrid had sent Hellhound Hammond to the Royal Suite to fetch one and he'd soon return with it). He was using one hand to hold his mate's, and was running his other one across her brow with a cool cloth to wipe away her perspiration. Lily was grunting and screaming through her contractions several hours into her labor. Dr. Sven and his mate Sylvi and a couple other nursing assistants were in the room doing their best to keep her comfortable. She was more or less wearing a hospital gown as she thrashed around, barely managing not to dislodge the IV hooked up to her.

Lily screamed once again as another intense contraction hit, and she gripped Dante's hand like a vice. He was doing his best to coach her breathing and could feel her pain, determination and hope through the bond.

"That's it baby, ride it out and breathe. In and out, in and out, relax and breathe before the next contraction comes."

The full moon was nearly at its zenith, and Lily was getting totally frustrated as Dr. Sven continued telling her it wasn't yet time to push. He was between her legs checking her, and he gave them an update.

"You're at nearly full dilation my Queen, just a few more minutes and it will finally be time to push and bring your children into the world."

Just as the full moon reached its peak (which Dante and Lily were intensely aware of even though it wasn't showing through any windows), Lily began to glow emerald green as Dante began to glow blue-white from his seal and the rest of his body; they both said simultaneously, "It's time, Doctor."

Dr. Sven nodded to Dante (Lily was staring aimlessly at the ceiling), agreeing that it was time to deliver them.

Dante gave Astrid a glance, and she led the Hellhounds out of the delivery room to give Lily some privacy. Then he urged his mate, "Push, baby, it's time; bring our children into this world under Luna's love and blessing; push, baby!"

With a great scream of pain and determination, Lily began pushing as both their glows intensified. And in half a minute to Dr. Sven's astonishment, a crystal clear, precious wail pierced the room!

Dr. Sven called out with awe... after a mother begins pushing, some babies take only a few minutes to emerge and others as long as several hours, but it was unheard of for it to be less than a minute, and never with the mother and father glowing with unearthly light... as he took delivery of the first Royal Heir.

"The Prince is with us!"

The precious wailing was a welcome relief to Dante and Lily, and the doctor handed the Prince to Sylvi so she could clean him up, and measure, weigh, and cursorily examine him (did he have the normal number of fingers and toes, etc.) right next to Lily and Dante. Dr. Sven urged Lily to:

"Take a quick breather my Queen, and then it will be the Princess' turn. The umbilical cord is clamped off my King, do you wish to do the honors?"

Dante, weeping in joy at the birth of his son, came over and drew his tanto, sterilized it with a quick zap of his body's on-call electricity, and cut the cord. Sylvi then brought the Prince to lie on Lily's chest, and the thrilled parents got their first clear look at their precious son. He calmed down immediately once he felt Lily's warmth; his eyes remained closed as he snuggled into her, and Lily held him lovingly to her uncovered breast with her free hand. He had a full head of pure silver hair, obviously a blessing from their Goddess Luna, and was perfectly formed and obviously healthy! Lily and Dante were both crying in happiness as their green and blue glows, which had never diminished, continued to fill the room, bathing their son in their light as Dante with his massive hand stroked his son's face in love. Dr. Sven then broke in.

"Ok my Queen, it's now time to push and bring our Princess into this world."

Lily grunted in preparation, then screamed as she pushed once again, determined to see her daughter born, as she squeezed Dante's hand for strength. Again in less than a minute, a second precious loud wail filled the room, announcing that the Princess was born! Dr. Sven excitedly announced it to the room.

"You did it, my Queen, the Prince and Princess are born and are happy and healthy! Or healthy, at any rate; the first few minutes are always upsetting for the child. Congratulations, my King and Queen!"

Dr. Sven handed off the little girl to his mate Sylvi as once again she cleaned up the child, weighed and measured her and performed a quick external examination. Dante also cut this cord and welcomed his little girl into this world. She was placed skin to skin against Lily's naked breast so she could comfort their children and keep them warm and content. The little ones both began to nurse as Lily held them in her arms and wept tears of pure joy while Dante ran his hands along his children in love and comfort.

Just like her brother, this little angel had a full head of moonlit silver hair and was also perfectly formed and healthy. (Or so they appeared from the outside, and through the family bond which had already formed, their parents knew they were healthy through and through.) They had calmed down at once on Lily's bosom and were suckling contentedly as they snuggled against each other and their mother. Sylvi approached with their birth certificates.

"My King and Queen, it's time to name them and officially welcome them to this world. Sven has already cleaned up the afterbirth and Lily can rest now."

Dante and Lily gazed at each other with love and pride as the glow from each of them faded at last. Dante looked into Lily's eyes, laid his hand on his son's head and spoke.

"Our Son is Fenrir Dante Silvrash, named for the Pack he will one day lead, and for the father who loves him like no other."

Lily nodded her head tiredly in happiness. Dante then laid his hand on his daughter's head and spoke to Lily and the room.

"Our precious daughter is to be named for our Goddess Who blesses her and for the Mother who cherishes her. She is Alunra Lily Silvrash."

Dante leaned down and kissed both of his children's heads as the entire room wept joyously.

***

Lily had been cleaned up, given a fresh gown and made comfortable in a suite in the medical center, speaking quietly with her mate and with Fenrir and Alunra sleeping in her arms. Now in groups of four, the Hellhounds were beginning to take three-hour shifts to guard their suite during this special time. Dante summoned Astrid into the room through the bond. She entered and rushed to her King and Queen's side. Upon catching her first sight of the babies, a brilliant smile lit up her face as she wept tears of joy.

"Congratulations, my beloved King and Queen, they're so precious, I'm so happy for you. Luna has blessed them and you, and I'm so happy to have them with us."

Dante and Lily smiled at her, and Dante hugged her before replying.

"Thank you Astrid, we're overjoyed too, but Lily is exhausted, and the little ones are sleeping. Please nip out and bring our family in, and you can bring William, too."

Astrid nodded and left the room to return a moment later with Odin, Victoria and Michael, with William following. Michael came to stand by his brother's side, wrapped his arm around Dante's shoulder and congratulated him, while Odin and Victoria came to Lily's side. It was her mother who spoke first.

"Oh baby, they're so beautiful, your father and I are so proud of you! What are their names?"

Odin and Victoria had tears of joy in their eyes as they beamed at their very first grandchildren. Lily spoke to them tiredly but happily. She directed her gaze at her son.

"This handsome little cub is Fenrir Dante Silvrash, born June 3rd at 11:50pm, weighing 8lbs 2oz and is 21" long."

She then gazed at her daughter.

"And this tiny heartbreaker is Alunra Lily Silvrash, born June 3rd at 11:59pm, weighing 8lbs 1oz and is also 21" long."

Dante stepped close and spoke to their Mother and Father.

"Fenrir is named for the Pack he will one day lead and for his father. I learned in my Spirit Walk that in the Silvrash line, the first-born son's middle name is his father's first name which is why I changed mine, and we've continued that tradition for our son. As for Alunra, she's named after our Goddess who has blessed her, and for her Mother who loves her so dearly, and who fought to bring her into this world."

Odin and Victoria hugged Dante fiercely, with huge smiles plastered across their faces.

Dante reached down to Lily and took his sleeping son in his arms to hold him for the first time, as joyous tears of silver ran down his face. He cooed to him softly as Fenrir moved around a bit in his sleep, wrapped in Dante's strong arms. The new Father couldn't be prouder, and he loved his son and daughter to the very depths of his soul.

After Dante had held Fenrir for a while and everyone had been quietly talking, Dante handed him to Victoria and the boy cub, still sleeping, and with many long interludes for cuddling, made his way around the room. Dante next reached down and Lily handed Alunra to him as he now held his daughter in his arms for the very first time. A huge protective wave washed over him that Lily felt through the bond, and that caused her to look at him in concern. Dante smiled reassuringly at his mate and quietly explained,

"Just being protective love, I'll make sure nothing ever happens to our son and daughter and I'll keep them safe until my last breath, just as I do for you."

Lily smiled while Dante leaned down and kissed her deeply. After he'd held his daughter for a while, he passed her along to Victoria, who held her for a while before the girl-cub followed the arms-to-arms path her brother had recently taken. Fenrir soon made it back to Lily's arms again, where he awakened for another feeding. Soon Alunra was back and awake for another feeding as well.

A little while later it was clear that both Dante and Lily were exhausted, so Astrid and William gently ushered everyone out of the room. A second bed had been brought in for Dante, and he and Lily and their children fell asleep for their first night as a family. As they drifted off, Dante and Lily each said a little prayer to Luna, thanking Her for their son and daughter and for their children's health.

***

The next day Lily was discharged, and they retired to their suite surrounded by their family as Fenrir and Alunra went home. It was a celebratory occasion when Alunra and Fenrir both opened their eyes for the first time and everyone received two shocks about the children. Fenrir's eyes were just like his father's pools of liquid silver except that they glowed constantly if only faintly, and Alunra's eyes were just like her Mother's: brilliant emerald green but that also glowed constantly but faintly. Upon closer inspection when Dante and Lily were changing them, they found a small birthmark on each child in the shape of a crescent moon on the right side of their neck. It couldn't be clearer to anyone that Luna Herself loved, blessed and protected these two children above all others. They were in fact the Children of Her beloved Champions in Lily and Dante, and the first born unhidden and known to their own Pack under that bloodline at long last revealed since the great tragedy that had left a scar not only upon their race, but also upon their Goddess' heart.

Between Dante and Lily and now the Royal Prince and Princess Fenrir and Alunra, they were the Royalty of all of Lycan kind and the most beloved wolves of the Mistress of the Moon, the Goddess Luna. They would be protected above all others, and their Royal Parents, the entirety of their Pack and their Allies in the Council would fight to their dying breaths for their safety as was their duty and right. All those that loved them would never let tragedy repeat itself and would do whatever it took to avoid the Fate that had plagued the First Champion's line and to cleanse the darkness not only from their species, but from the world at large.

One thing Dante and Lily noticed was how inseparable the infants were. They were constantly snuggling against each other and often holding hands; whenever they got too far apart from each other, they'd each cry until they were close to their twin again. Dante had Astrid find a dual bassinette and place it in their suite so the two babes could sleep touching each other and actually rest. But while awake they were both always in their Mother's or Father's arms being loved and spoiled. They were swaddled tightly in silver cashmere blankets, since as Royalty they only got the best. Astrid and all the other Hellhounds were already fiercely protective of them, and since their births had served double duty as not only highly motivated guards, but also as aides to Dante and Lily, helping to care for Fenrir and Alunra whenever their parents needed an extra pair of hands.

All the Hellhounds were extremely protective, but none more so than Astrid, Freydis, Hilde and Bryn, not only as the top commanders of their forces, but also as their closest friends, who'd guarded the Parents and kept them safe ever since the day they met.

***

It was late afternoon on the day after Lily had given birth, and Dante and Lily were surrounded by their family in their living room. Astrid spoke with Dante and Lily.

"My King and Queen. Tomorrow morning is the ceremony when the Prince and Princess are to be introduced to the Pack, and your Pack bond is to be formed with them. We also have four Hellhounds training with several of the mothers and Elders in the Pack so they'll be able to both guard and care for the Prince and Princess when you aren't available. Bryn is arranging that, and she will be the head bodyguard for the little Royals while Freydis, Hilde and I will continue as your own primaries along with the rest of the Hellhounds, except for the four new specialists. We shall allow no others to guard them or care for them, for their safety and your peace of mind."

Lily smiled at her friend and confidant.

"Thank you Astrid, that sets us at ease. Soon Dante and I will need to return to our duties for the Pack, and as much as we want to spend every waking moment with our little ones, we simply can't. We have a Pack to run and a War to fight.

"In a week I should be recovered enough that we can lead everyone on a Pack run and hunt, and shortly after that, we'll need to leave for the U.S. to fight the War. But we'll take this first week as bonding time as a family, so Dante and I can spend lots of time with them during their first days outside the womb. Mom, Dad and Michael will leave tomorrow after the ceremony, and then things will begin to get back to business as usual. Thanks to my incredible healing gifts, I'm already significantly recovered."

The rest of the afternoon was spent as an extended family with everyone pouring out their love, taking turns holding and cooing to Little Fenrir and Alunra. They took dinner in their suite and everyone ate heartily, especially Lily as she rebuilt her strength.

After dinner Dante, Odin and Michael (and four Hellhounds as escorts) made their way across to the Margrave's Tower and Dante's study for celebratory drinks and cigars. Dante had secured a box of Fuente Fuente Opus X 20th Anniversary 'Power of the Dream' cigars. Going forward, he planned to savor one of these every year on the twins' birthday to celebrate, but tonight he shared them with his Father and Brother. Dante opened up a new bottle of a private casking just for him of his favorite bourbon of Four Roses Single Barrel Barrel Strength that he poured for everyone (the four Hellhounds declining since they were on duty). Dante lit his cigar with his favorite lighter that he'd gotten as a gift from Alpha Camille of the Mont Royal pack and blew out a thick rich cloud of smoke as Michael and Odin did the same. For a while they just smoked and drank in companionable silence. It was Dante who eventually broke the silence.