All Comments on 'The Singer and Her Arranger'

by PostScriptor

Sort by:
  • 38 Comments
servant111servant111over 1 year ago

Simply outstanding love story which truly fits the Randi's prompts. Simply an outstanding Tour de Force: great story line set in a fascinating frame which complements and is told in a riveting manner, great foreshadowing, pacing, action, and fully fleshed out characters that are not only believable but endearing, But most of all is the simply perfect use of pathos to create a romantic framework for this tale that is poignant yet believable. Frankly my vote is 5 stars and for first place in this competition as this one ranks in the legendary status...

5 stars

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Ramstein?

6King6Kingover 1 year ago

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

On the basis of your closing comment I listened to Rammstein’s "Adieu.” My opinion of that piece and the band itself differ significantly from yours. We do agree on Debussy and +9 chords, however.

Boyd PercyBoyd Percyover 1 year ago

Great characters!

5

grogers7grogers7over 1 year ago

I had to laugh at "perineal" popping up in the work of an accomplished artist.

I have perennials in my garden. There is another malaprop later on, but I forget it now.

5+

AngelRiderAngelRiderover 1 year ago

A writer should always understand subject matter when introducing topics to a story. You stated Charlie doesn't "follow someone's silly rules about music theory." First of all, that's entirely ridiculous. Your attempt to make Charlie cool and maverick just makes him sound dumb. No composer can ignore basic rules of theory, counterpoint and progression while writing western music. Chord selection can be varied of course but basic tenants must be followed.

As for having a grasp of concepts before introducing subjects to a story, the high note in a first inversion is always the root, not the dominant. A G minor first inversion triad has the root at the top, not the dominant. The only way the dominant could be the top note of the chord is if it was doubled. Voicing a first inversion chord with a doubled root or dominant is appropriate. Doubling the root of the inversion (Bb in this case) is not. Theory matters even when people do not understand it. They are still following basic principles of chord progression.

Harryin VAHarryin VAover 1 year ago

Fabulous story. Great characters good plot very believable

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Fantastic. Great story. Lovely characters and no filling..all relevant and necessary to set the scene.

I think Dire Straits will be miffed however.

TC Ireland.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Nice story. A bit long winded. Their mutual attraction seemed a bit artificial at times. 4*

Davester37Davester37over 1 year ago

I always enjoy a well-written story that brings me to a place and/or time that I would otherwise never know. Your characters are believable, likable, and well-developed.

I do wish that you were able to edit the story more carefully. It’s distracting when an extra letter changes a word to another one, making me go back to re-read the sentence to figure out what the author is trying to say. Sorry to pick a nit about an otherwise very enjoyable read!

As always, thank you for writing and thank you for sharing your work.

blackrandl1958blackrandl1958over 1 year ago

Excellent story, Mr. Postscriptor. Thank you for writing. Randi.

gatorhermitgatorhermitover 1 year ago
Very nice story

I’m an old rocker who has played C&W, R&B, rock, and standards forever, so I appreciate very much the musical aspects of the story. Interesting to have two music industry stories, both excellent, in this event.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Most enjoyable! Thank you!

.

5 *****

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

First of all, the bodyguards were right, someone should have told them about Charlie. Sid maybe should also have been told to expect him. Finally, "a background orchestra with music?" A background orchestra without music would be pretty useless.

~~~

"And even that was only one time." - I thought he never walked away and was never dumped, so when was the one time?

~~~

Needed more editing,many missing, misused words. Even in your notes at the end: "I still prefer Elvis, of this song that is abused nightly in every Karaoke bar." I believe you meant, "I still prefer Elvis' version..."

DDAY55DDAY55over 1 year ago

With or without the drum solo? Thanks for the story.

GambierroninGambierroninover 1 year ago

A lovely story. Thank you for sharing it with us.

drycreeksdrycreeksover 1 year ago

Great job loved it. Nice writing style.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

It was alright. The ending was rushed. Your editor worships the king of ending stories without resolution so I am not surprised.

Honestly I believe you could do far better without that fake person

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

USA 6th president, John Quincy Adams: “Try and fail, but don’t fail to try.”

PostScriptor: You tried, but did not fail. In fact is was wonderful writing with a great plot and well developed characters.

An fine example of what a true Romance needs to be.

THC

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

The story was interesting and engaging. That said, an editor would help put an end to the many errors scattered about. When next I’m able to vacation in the West, I’ll be sure to visit the very tall thermomotor in Baker. And I don’t know when I’ll be able to look at a nun without thinking that she might be having perineal problems. 😀 The romance itself was fairly predictable, given the theme, but the insights into your musical interests were a special gift. Thank you!

HarddaysknightHarddaysknightover 1 year ago

This was a very nice romance. I enjoyed it very much. Thanks for the hard work to write and post it.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Loved the story....Loved your post scripts. Thank you.

Hooked1957Hooked1957over 1 year ago

Great story. Thanks also for the follow-up. That, too, was an interesting read.

Hooked

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

great well crafted story. thank you. He sized the moment so story ending NOT rushed

MattblackUKMattblackUKover 1 year ago

A really good love story. A 5* romance.

Demosthenes384bcDemosthenes384bcover 1 year ago

Both your and CG's music storylines for Randi's event were awesome. It was a little over the top with "chords" at the start, and now I understand why. Great work - 5*

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Nice love story for those with a broken heart. There is always hope. Thanks for the story.

BSreaderBSreaderover 1 year ago
Nice story

Not the best but nice, well written and a great addition to this theme.

oldmanbill69oldmanbill69over 1 year ago

Love the story but Really love the songs!

teedeedubteedeedubover 1 year ago

Ricardo Montalban is Khan. Forget the corinthian leather.........

SouthernCrossfireSouthernCrossfireover 1 year ago

Very lovely romance and a very good way to address Randi’s challenge. I liked Sid’s attitude and her determination, and was glad for the epilogue at the end. Oh, and long and detailed end notes, too! Writer after my own heart, haha! Thanks for writing and for participating in the challenge.

ChopinesqueChopinesqueabout 1 year ago

Sweetly in tune. Pitch perfect.

SequoiaSempervirensSequoiaSempervirensabout 1 year ago

Just discovered this. Excellent! Love the old songs. Next time I read this I’ll do it anonymously so that I can give it another five stars.

doctrptdoctrpt5 months ago

Clearly you know the gig! Bravo on your detailed, on point writing!

Simon_MastersSimon_Mastersabout 1 month ago

I was convinced, nice work

LeFrog08LeFrog0819 days ago

I really enjoyed this story. The songs titles evoked decades

of great listening. A heartfelt Thank you.

I’m a sucker for romance.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous