All Comments on 'The Siren'

by proverbialasshole

Sort by:
  • 37 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Loved your story, the depth and emotion to it is amazing.Expecting good quality like this in the future as well.

KrazyKumbucketKrazyKumbucketover 2 years ago

This made me laugh, it made me cry, it made me reflect.

I dont give 5*, but this story earned it, and more.

Her name was Tina, and I fucked it up in the worst way possible.

She is happy, she has a son, and she is not with me.

kingbob69kingbob69over 2 years ago

I have to say... tough story. And I mean that in the best possible way. I've always thought that the really good stories don't have to be relatable (that's usually just called real life), but instead, MAKE you want to relate to them. That's when the reader falls into the realm of "what ifs?" and "what would I do?". There's a lot of that in this story, so kudos to you for that. Keep it up.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Wow! So insightful. At the beginning I skimmed the first page. I had to go back and re-read everything from the beginning. Your perception of "true love" was dead on. And "death" does come in many forms. As well, living in a gray world is no way to survive. Nadine, like many people, was swayed by the belief the one you love will always be there, no matter what happens. You clearly and effectively showed what happens with betrayal. You also dramatically showed that sometimes love can survive if the person who does the wronging, fesses up for his/her transgression. Your not having Bobby and Nadine getting married was a stroke of genius. Thank you for this wonderful story. Keep writing like this. Quality is better than quantity. K

ManoBlueManoBlueover 2 years ago

Didn't like Beth who was manipulative or Nadine. Calling his dad " Daddy'

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

I am glad that this story didn't become another cliché happily-ever-after smut, I genuinely thought the tag "drama" was just bound to his mother's death and the conversation between Nadine and bobby about how she didn't want her mom to replace her dead father or the bobby beating up the 3 kids who were going "mug" her, and that was it and it was going to be happily-ever-after, but well you surprised me I didn't ever think that such emotional drama was going to come in the next page, I am still 50/50 on the ending I didn't like the fact that they got together again but it was explained beautifully through the characters, both sides were discussed thoroughly even the "Victim" bobby's and Nadine Meeting was used to discussing the issues and Nadine's fault beautifully, he knew what he was getting into. I know a lot of people are going to vote this on the lower side(which I hope they don't) because of the cheating, but this site lacks good drama stories in this category I was going to vote this 4/5 but I am gonna give it 5/5, looking forward to more from you in this category, may it be dramatic stories or whatever you will throw at me/us.

LapinatorLapinatorover 2 years ago

Not a bad story per se, but the main character seems to have an aggression problem, not really suited for relationships. You've described at length how Nadine punishes herself and her mom and herself talk about how shitty she was, and the main character gets angry at the end and threatens to leave... why exactly? Just to listen to Nadine beating herself up once more? And then just a short admission "yeah, I've been shitty too". "Oh, but that's not your fault, it's mine." Seriously? Somehow he's not expected to take responsibility for his own actions towards others? The power dynamic in the relationship at the end where she is basically at his mercy and knows it is not healthy. The main character suffered betrayal, but that doesn't excuse him being an asshole, and that part of his personality is just glossed over.

kaidmankaidmanover 2 years ago

nice story I really enjoyed it and a fucked up thing is this kind of scenario is constantly being repeated in real life the main thing to understand is when you have a perfect life don't let toxic people talk you into ruining it the guys or girls telling you it would be better if you cheat with them do not respect you and are looking for an ego boost and the friends who push the lifestyle are exactly like this story says

DruisiuilDruisiuilover 2 years ago

Utter bullshit. Some awful twisted version of Beauty and the Beast and beauty is a bitch with a manipulative bitch of a mother. Paragraph after paragraph of stilted awkward conversation. There could have been a good story there. Too bad it didn't get a chance to show up

markellymarkellyover 2 years ago

Just reading this story showed me how much time and effort you put into it. You placed a great deal of time developing the people and their lives.

A real good read, thank you for posting it.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

I need abut 2 stars for this one.

Thanks so much.

Tc

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Oops sorry, I submitted too quick. I meant to say 20 stars.

Tc

sp9983sp9983over 2 years ago

Too long and this is not a site for romance novels. If you want to write those, contact Harlequin.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago
WHY??? is this an incest story and not a Loving Wives story???

I always give a 1 star to an idiot who takes back a cheater as I did this one. Nadine is a whore. Always will be.

paulyepspaulyepsover 2 years ago

I didn’t care for the ending … but overall this was a great story and you are a very talented writer … ! … I’m going to read the rest of your stories now .. be well …

Lee2012Lee2012over 2 years ago

Uncanny knack to force your reader to WSNT to press that NEXT page tab. Not into romativ long stiories, gotta hand it to you, hreat work. 5*

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

should this story no be in pre teen reading and NOT on here. Dose no one read these stories before they are posted?

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

I was that engrossed in the story I didn’t care if there were any sex or not in this by the time I got to the last page :D

tallman441tallman441over 2 years ago

5 stars does not do this story justice. You not only allowed the reader into the story, you also alliowed the reader to feel the characters emotionally very difficult to do. Well done!!

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Seems like I was not wrong about people "going to vote it on the lower side" but I guess you got that figured out in your "About section" xD

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Wow, he's really just an asshole, isn't he? "I could have enforced non-exclusivity for my part if I truly wanted it..." put a stake through the heart of any remote inclination to like his character. There's no love or romance here, just two people, neither of them with much in the way of honesty in their nature, living a lie before the entire world.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Real genre blender. While to me the IT category is the smallest component, this doesn't really fit well into either Rom or LW. My only nit-pick is that while I appreciate your effort to Americanize your English you didn't quite make it. Not holding that against the story, just that the noticing of it took me out of my immersion. Perhaps have a native speaker beta- read or revert back to your own native dialect.

Overall very well done. Thank you very much for sharing.

☆☆☆☆☆

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Another twist on the RAAC. Should not get back together. The story is lacking in the beginning: He thinks she's beautiful but is a bitch. That means you don't love them, you just think they look good.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

This is about4 pages to long but still good

Crusader235Crusader235over 2 years ago

Should have dumped Nadine for good and kept her mom Beth after his dad died. Phyco bitch is in phycology, that is the biggest joke.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

You need to right above a 4th grade level and find someone to edit.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Pretty good. Way to sober and realistic for a porn site lol.

The last page was far to fantastical for me, breaking my suspension of disbelief, I can't imagine a post-modern women having the levels of self-awareness, shame, guilt and rationality that Nadine showcases in her dialouge. Most women in her shoes would have blamed everything on someone else or carried on riding the cock-carousel whilst being miserable.

Post-modern colleges is where Real love and Romance goes to die.

Poet_Laureate_69Poet_Laureate_69almost 2 years ago

I enjoy a true romance instead of the usual.as the last commenter had said, I was also reading the humility and groveling on her part at the end, and thought most women always blame someone else to some extent. Lived with a bipolar….enough said. The corrosive “friends” struck a chord.

The reference to considering an open relationship at the end was strange, given all that had happened. All in all, though, had to give it a 5. Good job.

Rancher46Rancher46over 1 year ago

Enjoyable read, the ending even though they remained together they should have married. The ending was good. Well done 5+stars.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

14 Months late at reading this one. Quite complex, but well done. Disregard the negative comments. Scenarios like this happens in real life around us.

This one acutely reminds me of someone from my past which uttered something like "love is the feeling between fools". Amen.

AnonymousAnonymous10 months ago

Man, I had to stop reading a few times to wipe literal tears away, 12/10 stars.

LechemanLecheman9 months ago

Loved the storyline having read it twice now, thoroughly enjoying both times.

Well done.

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

She cheated and lied and saw him as a beta that would take her back after she rode some cock and she was right, it took a few years but beta took slut back. He was more wimpy and she more deceitful then I originally judged. The writing was excellent and was most likely written by a female who is romantic but wants women to ride a few cocks and men to forgive their cheating.

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

2nd time reading, had to still stop to wipe tears here and there. Still one of my favorites

AnonymousAnonymous24 days ago

Shit, he shouldn't accept her back.

AnonymousAnonymous22 days ago

The main character is a fkn wimpy simp, don't ever wrote story like this one again. I don't get why u ended the story with the "happy ever after" cliche. Why don't u write more stories like "Celia" which is ur masterpiece i must say, it is by far better than whatever this shit is.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userproverbialasshole@proverbialasshole
A few times I comment, an even fewer times I write. I write strictly fiction, aka non-real stuff. Repeat for emphasis: Nothing of what I write is based on any real events. If anything I write has any semblance to anything real, it is by no intention of mine. Just to clarify....